Send As help #2

Can you guide me to information about how to properly set up a "send as"
account?
The user uses the "send from" field with 3 other email addresses and is
getting rejections intermittently. Also is getting an Lsasrv 40961 error
intermittently in his event log.
0
TonyK (5)

In news:E4A65D7E-39A9-425D-9F04-5FF435482FF9@microsoft.com,
Tony K <TonyK@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Can you guide me to information about how to properly set up a "send
> as" account?
> The user uses the "send from" field with 3 other email addresses and
> is getting rejections intermittently. Also is getting an Lsasrv 40961
> error intermittently in his event log.

I'm presuming you're using Exchange 2k/2003, right? It's always important to
mention that in here - the m.p.exchange.* groups handle all versions, and
methods frequently vary based on the version.

Open the account properties to which you want to grant Send As rights in
ADUC - after you've used View | Advanced Features - and check out the
Security tab - add the users/groups to the list, and tick "Send As". Then
the user can use the From field in a new msg or reply/forward, and put the
appropriate address/mailbox name in there.

Make sure you haven't enabled Send on Behalf of also (either in ADUC or as a
delegate setting in Outlook).

I don't think your LSASRV error is connected, but you might check it out at
www.eventid.net.

0
lanwench (7567)
10/1/2006 6:32:46 PM
A Little more info...the other addresses are from another domain we host, but
not on the exchange server so the MX record for "domainB" points to our Qmail
server. His primary email address is from "domainA" on the exchange server.
He would like replies to go to address he sends from. I saw the post about
the "ChooseFrom" program that could do this. Is there any way to stop his
intermittent rejections and to get replies sent to the address he sent from
using the exchange server only?

"Tony K" wrote:

> Can you guide me to information about how to properly set up a "send as"
> account?
> The user uses the "send from" field with 3 other email addresses and is
> getting rejections intermittently. Also is getting an Lsasrv 40961 error
> intermittently in his event log.
0
TonyK (5)
10/1/2006 6:36:01 PM
Sorry, it is SBS2003 and Outlook 2003. I currently have the other addresses
set up as contacts because the domain is different than our primary domain
and the user has permission to send as those contacts. All the replies come
to his primary email address, and he intermittenly get rejections that he
does not have permission to send as the other addresses. Sometimes the email
does reach the recipient, sometimes not.
 Should these other addresses be set up as "users" with the other domain
email address without exchange server mailboxes? He needs to get replies to
the address he sends as.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> In news:E4A65D7E-39A9-425D-9F04-5FF435482FF9@microsoft.com,
> Tony K <TonyK@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> > Can you guide me to information about how to properly set up a "send
> > as" account?
> > The user uses the "send from" field with 3 other email addresses and
> > is getting rejections intermittently. Also is getting an Lsasrv 40961
> > error intermittently in his event log.
>
> I'm presuming you're using Exchange 2k/2003, right? It's always important to
> mention that in here - the m.p.exchange.* groups handle all versions, and
> methods frequently vary based on the version.
>
> Open the account properties to which you want to grant Send As rights in
> ADUC - after you've used View | Advanced Features - and check out the
> Security tab - add the users/groups to the list, and tick "Send As". Then
> the user can use the From field in a new msg or reply/forward, and put the
> appropriate address/mailbox name in there.
>
> Make sure you haven't enabled Send on Behalf of also (either in ADUC or as a
> delegate setting in Outlook).
>
> I don't think your LSASRV error is connected, but you might check it out at
> www.eventid.net.

0
TonyK (5)
10/1/2006 6:55:01 PM
In news:01BC4B5F-6756-468D-948A-A505A2C88CBC@microsoft.com,
Tony K <TonyK@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> A Little more info...the other addresses are from another domain we
> host, but not on the exchange server so the MX record for "domainB"
> points to our Qmail server. His primary email address is from
> "domainA" on the exchange server. He would like replies to go to
> address he sends from. I saw the post about the "ChooseFrom" program
> that could do this. Is there any way to stop his intermittent
> rejections and to get replies sent to the address he sent from using
> the exchange server only?

How is he even getting the mail from DomainB? What's the reason it's not on
Exchange?

If he uses a POP account in Outlook, you need to show him how to use the
Accounts button - not the From field. That won't work with anything other
than an Exchange mailbox (or DL, etc) to which he has Send As rights.

It might help if you explained the reasons for your current setup - there
may be a better way.

> "Tony K" wrote:
>
>> Can you guide me to information about how to properly set up a "send
>> as" account?
>> The user uses the "send from" field with 3 other email addresses and
>> is getting rejections intermittently. Also is getting an Lsasrv
>> 40961 error intermittently in his event log.

0
lanwench (7567)
10/1/2006 8:09:14 PM
Thank you!! I think that Account button will solve the problem! My boss also
hosts web sites and domains has those POP3 accounts set up in Outlook, as
well as his Exchange account. Since he's the boss, he usually wants things
out of the ordinary. He wants to keep his other email addresses hosted on his
other POP3 server, and has just now joined the rest of us on the Exchange
Server. In the past, he used multiple identities in Outlook Express, but he
could not see his schedule, etc.
Thanx again for your help on what may have seemed like a dumb question!

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> In news:01BC4B5F-6756-468D-948A-A505A2C88CBC@microsoft.com,
> Tony K <TonyK@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> > A Little more info...the other addresses are from another domain we
> > host, but not on the exchange server so the MX record for "domainB"
> > points to our Qmail server. His primary email address is from
> > "domainA" on the exchange server. He would like replies to go to
> > address he sends from. I saw the post about the "ChooseFrom" program
> > that could do this. Is there any way to stop his intermittent
> > rejections and to get replies sent to the address he sent from using
> > the exchange server only?
>
> How is he even getting the mail from DomainB? What's the reason it's not on
> Exchange?
>
> If he uses a POP account in Outlook, you need to show him how to use the
> Accounts button - not the From field. That won't work with anything other
> than an Exchange mailbox (or DL, etc) to which he has Send As rights.
>
> It might help if you explained the reasons for your current setup - there
> may be a better way.
>

> > "Tony K" wrote:
> >
> >> Can you guide me to information about how to properly set up a "send
> >> as" account?
> >> The user uses the "send from" field with 3 other email addresses and
> >> is getting rejections intermittently. Also is getting an Lsasrv
> >> 40961 error intermittently in his event log.

0
TonyK (5)
10/4/2006 11:40:01 PM
In news:FF36BFD9-F403-4CAD-8DCC-204D3D236D62@microsoft.com,
Tony K <TonyK@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Thank you!! I think that Account button will solve the problem! My
> boss also hosts web sites and domains has those POP3 accounts set up
> in Outlook, as well as his Exchange account. Since he's the boss, he
> usually wants things out of the ordinary.

Yep - but aren't you there to tell him why this is a Bad Idea? :-)

He could just check them in www.mail2web.com -

> and has just now
> joined the rest of us on the Exchange Server.

Whee. :)

>  In the past, he used
> multiple identities in Outlook Express, but he could not see his
> schedule, etc.
> Thanx again for your help on what may have seemed like a dumb
> question!

No prob - I do suggest you clean up your config, tho. Boss or no!

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> In news:01BC4B5F-6756-468D-948A-A505A2C88CBC@microsoft.com,
>> Tony K <TonyK@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>> A Little more info...the other addresses are from another domain we
>>> host, but not on the exchange server so the MX record for "domainB"
>>> points to our Qmail server. His primary email address is from
>>> "domainA" on the exchange server. He would like replies to go to
>>> address he sends from. I saw the post about the "ChooseFrom" program
>>> that could do this. Is there any way to stop his intermittent
>>> rejections and to get replies sent to the address he sent from using
>>> the exchange server only?
>>
>> How is he even getting the mail from DomainB? What's the reason it's
>> not on Exchange?
>>
>> If he uses a POP account in Outlook, you need to show him how to use
>> the Accounts button - not the From field. That won't work with
>> anything other than an Exchange mailbox (or DL, etc) to which he has
>> Send As rights.
>>
>> It might help if you explained the reasons for your current setup -
>> there may be a better way.

0
lanwench (7567)

Macro help #12
Hi, I am working on a macro in Excel 2003 Pro, and everytime I go to sort a column of data. There are about 10 rows of data in about 200+ columns. I can only get the macro to sort the column that I edited it with. How can I create the macro, so each time I click on the first row of each column, click the macro button I will assign to the toolbar, then that row will be sorted, and do this for each column? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, Jeff Garrett (user_jeff@hotmail.com) Hi Jeff please post your current code and then we can suggest changes to it. Cheers JulieD "...

Upgrading from Money 2002 #2
I have the original money 2002 that came with the computer and have never upgraded. Which is the best version to go to? More importantly, when I purchase and download the upgrade, will it go over the current program and update all the information that I currently have? Thanks and Happy New Year -- mfletcher The latest version in the US is Money+ aka Money 2008. Other geographies have different versions. Money keeps all your data in the .mny file not the program. When you install the new version it usually remembers where your .mny file was, makes a copy of it (for safety) and then up...

How do I prevent "Help" from opening when I open Excel?
Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. How do I pevent this? I only want Excel to open with a new sheet. -- Lee P Lee Help or TaskPane. For Help, you should be able to close it using the "x" and next time open Excel should not display. If TaskPane, go to Tools>Options>View and uncheck "Startup Task Pane" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:05:29 -0800, "Lee P" <LeeP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. >How do I pevent this? I only want Exce...

Allow or Deny when a Program tries to send an email
I am trying to send a message through Outlook with a vb.net program. I receive a message saying that I can allow or deny this message. After a few of these messages, I started getting a different message that gave me a choice to ALWAYS allow messages to be sent from this program. I don't know what triggered the appearance of this send message. My problem is that I need to install my application on my user machines, does anyone know how to disable this allow or deny message OR trigger the send message which allows me select always allow? Thanks, What version of Out...

'Send' not workin
I use MS Outlook 10 for email. I have recently migrated to a new computer and installed MS Outlook. When I try to 'send' a file (File menu > send to... ), I get an error message: 'The operation failed due to network or other communicaton problems' I also get the following when relevant: "Word couldn't send mail because of a MAPI: 'unspecified error' " I am connected to a Netgear ADSL router which provides network facilities. Can any one please advise? Peter Hi Peter, Please have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289966/en-us and...

Sending Letter to Contact Crashes Outlook
In Office 2003, if Word is open and I use Actions > New Letter to Contact, Outlook freezes up. On the other hand if Word is not open, "New Letter to Contact" works fine. Any explanation? Never seen it. You'll have to supply at least _some_ troubleshooting information. Error messages? Configuration changes to your setup? Did it ever work correctly? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Terry Smerling" <tsmerling@lasuperiorcourt.org> wrote in message news:udHcH$1QEHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > In Office 2003, if Word is open and I use Actions > New Let...

pantone colors #2
Is there a way to make Publisher 2007 show all Pantone Colors? I want 021 U. Find doesn't do it. B I don't think Publisher has all the Pantone colors. There are close equivalents. Not the same of course... C=0 M=53 Y=100 K=0 R=252 G=115 B=35 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bob Wright" <mmpdallas@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:%23N1wilmHJHA.1364@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to make Publisher 2007 show all Pantone Colors? I want 021 U. > Find doesn't do it. > B Guess you are right, not all there. Weird. Close equivalents ...

Formulas don't work in certain cells #2
nope, the cells are formatted as numbers. I simply cannot figure thi out. -Jorda -- kalik24 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kalik247's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27423 Being formatted as numbers doesn't automatically mean they are numbers. Copy an empty cell formatted to General. Select your range of numbers and Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:59:46 -0600, kalik247 <kalik2...

Print Macro #2
Trying to write a macro to print a spreadsheet where the number of rows of data varies. What's wrong with this code? Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range("A1").End(xlDown).End(xlToRight) With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintArea = rng End With Thank you. Pam Hi Pam Leave your PrintArea empty Excel will print all cells with a value on the sheet -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Pam" <gasp0225@juno.com> wrote in message news:16e401c38521$a7d25420$3501280a@phx.gbl... > Trying to write a macro to ...

Date Range Formula Question
Hello, I'm having trouble with a formula and I'm hoping someone can help. :confused: Sample Data Includes the following: Pay Period Start Pay Period End Pay Period # 12/16/01 12/29/01 26 12/30/01 01/12/02 25 01/13/01 01/26/02 24 01/27/02 02/09/02 23 02/10/02 02/23/02 22 The pay periods continue until there are 26 pay periods for the entire year....

Importing data into Outlook #2
Is there a process or program with which I can transfer my ACT! data into Outlook contacts? Thanks! ...

Sending e-mail to external recipient
Hi, We recently upgraded to CRM 3.0. Since the upgrade Users receive an error when attempting to send e-mails to External recipients. We are able to send e-mails to internal e-mail addresses through CRM, but not to external e-mail addresses. The general error is Failed to Initialize token. I tried a few things, but haven't identified the exact issue. Any help is appreciated! Thank you, Donna You need to ensure that the SMTP service on exchange is configured to access relay requests from the crm web server ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP h...

Unable to send a message, its been trying for 24hrs #2
I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the past 24hrs. it wont send. all I am able to see is "cannot open this file, Outlook has already begun transmission. It wont even let me delete the message http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, tillybird asked: | I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the | past ...

sending mail options
How to send mail to 5-6 ppl in BCC and leave to filed empty? Dont want to add anything to "to" field. so revievers wont see any to part. or better, how to make reciever see their name on "to" filed while others are hidden. why someone might need this? While sending a product offer to companies, I'd like to send it once and want every customer see their name on "to" files. Saves lots of time cause I am sending lots of mails:p mns <mns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to send mail to 5-6 ppl in BCC and leave to filed empty? Dont > want...

HELP!!! 08-30-03
please elp me. my mom is a medical transcriber and she has a dictionary she uses through windows 98. and her comp has no memory, so we need to update her operating system inoder to put more memory on there. she needs her dictionary and i was wandering how to access it and if possible how to save it on to a cd. thank you for ur time Dear jason you have to have a dictornary corect i have one i could email you if you like just email me back i mean i use this dictornary really well and it works for 95-Xp so if you want give me a hollar ok peace out danny "jason" <jasonr_206@hotm...

i want send these messages absolutly
Send all my messages, thanks No problem, will get them off first thing Monday. jacques;1652986 Wrote: > Send all my messages, thanks -- VistaRookie 10% of my brain lives with me. The other 90% can be found here: '*Google*' (http://www.google.com) Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com What messages? Spam messages? You will get thousands of spam messages as soon as you post your email address. The only way anyone knows however where to send messages to is if they have your email address. "jacques" <jacques@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

I can't get rid of 1 "Payment to Send' Reminder-M07
On my Home Page in the Reminder section, I have a "1 Payment to Send" listed there. But there is NO payment to send. I"ve opened up back-up copies as far back as May and the reminder is there, but there is no payment that needs sending. Does anybody have an idea how I can get rid of this Reminder? Just removing the Reminder from Home Page doesn't do it. When you put the Reminder back on the Home Page, the "Payment to Send" is still there. Clicking on the link just takes me to Bill Summary page. ...

help with installation isue
Hope this is correct NG When I try to run `Karens replicator` (for external backup) My PC automatically runs an installation for publisher 2003 and then gives error message........... Istallation error require file SKU019.CAB then asks for original CD to be inserted. Publisher still works ok I can`t see what the relationship between the 2 are, how do I stop this trying to install? thanks -- Rent a villa in Turkey http://www.freewebs.com/turkeyrent/ I would suggest aksing the folks over at karenware.com. http://www.karenware.com/powertools/troubl...

How do I send my Outlook calendar to my desktop?
I would like to see my calendar created in Microsoft Outlook on my desktop. I have found information that says it can be done but I cannot find any instructions to accomplish this task. Post link to said info? Dan wrote: > I would like to see my calendar created in Microsoft Outlook on my desktop. > I have found information that says it can be done but I cannot find any > instructions to accomplish this task. "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:855665E0-8B0B-4ABD-915A-A4EC509167F7@microsoft.com... >I would like to s...

"File: send to mail recipient" not working
When users (on WinXP) select file, "send to mail recipient", no response from Outlook 2002. This occurs either when Outlook is open or closed. Problem happens when rt. clicking on .doc, .xls, .pdf's....all files. Any ideas?? Thanks!! ...

HR Help menu
The Help menu is not available in the Employee file screen. Also there is not at this time any french version help menu available with HR. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/de...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed 01-27-06
I am receiving this message when I try to upgrade my CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0, does any one have any idea what this means? ...

Barcodes Code
I am trying to print a barcode in the 128 code. Though it seems the public domain/GPL ones of the truetype do not print a scanable barcode. Is there any suggestions... Or if anyone can point me into the right direction on how to do this or point me in direction of one that will work with access or excel 2000 or 2003. Much appreciated. Or help me figure out WHY it isnt producing a readable one in 128.. Hi Lester, Perhaps the problem is with the resolution on your printer. Try printing the barcode larger. Perhaps even turn off print to fit under print, page setup. --- HTH, David McRi...

One Exchange server wont send mail to certain domains
Hi, Just wondering if I can pick someones brains. We have 2 Exchange servers, 1 2000 (Ex2000 Sp3, Win2k SP4, Global Catalogue, member), and 1 2003 server (Ex2003 Sp2, Win2k3 SP2, master). Since putting in the 2003 server, users on the 2000 server get some "mail server rejected connection" failures when sending to 1 or 2 domains, most other domains accept mail ok. Users on the 2003 box can send fine. We've checked our MX records which are in place on the firewall, and we can also telnet to these domains and complete the telnet test. 2003 > outside world (u...