Send 1 address to 2 mailboxes

I want to create an address and have any mail sent to that address delivered
to two separate users' mailboxes.  How can I do that.

I've tried simply adding the address in the two users' "Email Addresses" tab
in the User's properties of ADU&C.  But it wouldn't allow me to add the same
address to the second user ("This email address already exists in this
organization").

I've also tried creating a new user for the address and forwarding the email
to the 2 other users (Exchange General tab - Delivery Options button -
Forward To field).  But it seems impossible to choose more than one user to
forward to.

So, what's the best way to create a new address and have it delivered to 2
users?

Thanks!

0
bkreimborg (16)

Hi

Create a Distribution Group with the the address you want, and add the two
mailboxes to Distribution Group.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821904

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Limited

"bobk" <bkreimborg@netzero.com> wrote in message
>I want to create an address and have any mail sent to that address
>delivered to two separate users' mailboxes.  How can I do that.
>
> I've tried simply adding the address in the two users' "Email Addresses"
> tab in the User's properties of ADU&C.  But it wouldn't allow me to add
> the same address to the second user ("This email address already exists in
> this organization").
>
> I've also tried creating a new user for the address and forwarding the
> email to the 2 other users (Exchange General tab - Delivery Options
> button - Forward To field).  But it seems impossible to choose more than
> one user to forward to.
>
> So, what's the best way to create a new address and have it delivered to 2
> users?
>
> Thanks!

0
markfu (160)
4/26/2005 4:06:41 PM
Or

Created a public moderated folder which will forward all e-mails to the two
users.

--
Stokes
"bobk" <bkreimborg@netzero.com> wrote in message
>I want to create an address and have any mail sent to that address
>delivered to two separate users' mailboxes.  How can I do that.
>
> I've tried simply adding the address in the two users' "Email Addresses"
> tab in the User's properties of ADU&C.  But it wouldn't allow me to add
> the same address to the second user ("This email address already exists in
> this organization").
>
> I've also tried creating a new user for the address and forwarding the
> email to the 2 other users (Exchange General tab - Delivery Options
> button - Forward To field).  But it seems impossible to choose more than
> one user to forward to.
>
> So, what's the best way to create a new address and have it delivered to 2
> users?
>
> Thanks!

0
la02

hide CEO mailbox
Is there is away to hide a mailbox from the GAL, not by using Hide from Exchange address lists “ exchange advanced tab” in exchange 2003 ? Our CEO would like to hide his name from general public in the GAL but at the same time, he wanted to make sure some of dept ( lawyers dept or VPs) can find him in the GAL. he only want certain people can view his name in the GAL. so i was wondering is there any ways we can modify in the Security to restrict users to view his information in the GAL ? you could create a "restricted" address list, perhaps, or perhaps instead, set delivery...

2 Page Newsletters
I am trying to open a 2 page newsletter from someone they they saved on my computer. On his computer it is two pages and there is the 1,2 page numbers you can click on the bottom. When he sends it to me it only shows one page. When he comes to my computer and tries to open his from my computer it does the same, only one page. Can anyone help with this? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from dpandozzi@r-masters.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I am trying to open a 2 page newsletter from someone they > they saved on my comp...

Outlook delegate-mailbox deletion problem
This sounds like an easy one however, haven't found resolution yet. Here's scenario... User B reported to User A and added A to his delegation for being copied on all meeting request replies (done from Outlook 2000). All was well until User A left the company and mailbox was subsequently archived and deleted. Ever since the mailbox deletion, all attendees accepting a meeting request from User B receive an NDR referencing inability to deliver reply to User A's mailbox. The typical answer would be to open User B's Outlook app, goto delegates and remove User A.. The problem is...

outlook 2003 send sometimes skips recipients
I am supporting IT at my company. We have seen a problem with employees running outlook 2003 with exchange 2003. When employees send email to a distribution group with say numerous members bet 3 and 20 recipients all on our email server sometimes the email does not go through to all recipients. This happens when sending/forwarding email or new calendar invites. All our Outlook clients and exchange server are running the latest service packs. Has anyone seen this problem? ...

outlook won't automatically receive/send when opened
outlook won't automatically receive/send when opened how do i get it to do this? An answer would require knowing your Outlook version, mail account type, and connection type. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "newbiejw" <newbiejw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDBE10B5-2D8E-4684-99A8-C8C0F4FDC25F@microsoft.com... > outlook won't automatically receive/send when opened > how do i get it to do this? ...

How do I import my address book from my POP 3 Juno account?
I'm hoping to import my address book from my juno email on the web account to Outlook, and then to export it to my new Hotmail account. I seem to be botching it badly, so far. I was able to save my list to 'Recent Documents'. My efforts to COPY and Paste as an individual 'New Contact' result in partial information and the email address, phone number, etc. are missing. Are there step-by-step instructions to accomplish what should be a relatively easy task? Also, it looks as though Outlook has stripped all of my mail from my juno account. How do I send it b...

Print Reconcilliation #2
Is it possible to print a reconcilliation when you are done with it? I could always do this in Quicken but can't see how to do it in Money. Money doesn't have a reconciliation report. This, and many workarounds and near workarounds have been discussed numerous times in the last month or so. (These things come in cycles--this is the cycle for reconciliation report, apparently.) Get more headers or search archives of this group at http://groups.google.com. "Thomas Schiessl" <Schiessl@athenet.net> wrote in message news:319901c37573$1a2d6fa0$a301280a@phx.gbl... &g...

GALMOD32.exe not working #2
Hello. When the users of the domain run GALMOD32.exe it acts like it saves the settings but when I look at the gal those settings don't stick. I have done the following site suggestions about adding "self" to delegate control, but still no luck. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get users to update the gal themselves and have it actually stick. http://mcpmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=873 Thanks, -comb In article <MPG.1ef200b44f090d1b989684@news.newsreader.com>, whore@whore.com says... > Hello. > > When the users of the domain run GALM...

Get $500 to your PAYPAL Account by just one CLICK #2

How does POP3 authenticate mailbox permissions?
Hi All, How does POP3 authenticate mailbox permissions? background: I working on a project to implement a Mailbox Management tool whichs uses POP3 to grab mails sent to about 300 mailboxes. I was using mailbox enabled generic accounts to configure the application (worked OK) but this is screwing up our enterprise directory. the only other solution is to create disabled mailboxes and add and non mail-enabled generic accounts to have full control of the 300 mailboxes. but the application throws up errors that the account hasn't got permissions on the mailbox. any ideas!! ...

Kamasutra Full B-Grade Movie With Nudity Must See (1 Hour 50 Min ) #2
Kamasutra Full B-Grade Movie With Nudity Must See (1 Hour 50 Min ) At http://iceboob.Co.CC Due to GOOGLE security risks, i have hidden the videos(15) in an image. in that website on Right side below search box click on image and watch videos in all angles. ...

address being appended to contact's name
If this is not the proper newsgroup for windows mail, please direct me to it. When I create or forward email, the email address is appended to the name of the contacts in the "To:" line. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks, Jim B. Vista's Windows Mail? microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail "Jim Birke@yahoo.com>" <jimbir<nottthis> wrote in message news:#RKwAWMuKHA.4796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > If this is not the proper newsgroup for windows mail, please direct me to > it. > > When I create or forward email, the email...

Header and Footer Locations (2)
Gord Dibben: Excuse my ignorance, but where do I find "Custom Settings" so I can move the Header and Footer margins in? Thanks, Bernie Bernie View>Header and Footer>Custom To have a left footer several spaces in from default, enter the footer using one of the buttons provided then click in box and enter the spaces before the actual footer. This is not an exact science, so some experimentation will take place. Gord On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:32:51 GMT, "Bernie Beal" <bquest@optonline.net> wrote: >Gord Dibben: > >Excuse my ignorance, but where do...

Exchange server chages email addresse
I have a couple of users and when they send an email to another user exchange for some reason changes the email addresse when sending or when composing it changes the email addresse. We are using Outlook 2003. It seems like exchange is controlling the email addresse . Has anyone else had this problem ? It is like i put in the TO: field in Outlook Thomas.Smith57@atc.army.mil. But when i input a message in the message text in outlook or click send it changes my addresse to Thomas.Smith57@us.army.mil. You don't say whether the "new" address is correct or not. Have you chec...

SHARING WORKBOOKS #2
I HAVE AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET THAT NEEDS TO BE AVAILABLE ON TWO COMPUTERS AND SHOW THE SAME INFORMATION INCLUDING CHANGES. HOW DO I DO THIS? Hi check out 'Tools - Share workbooks' Note: shared workbooks have many restrictions (several functions are not available for them). IMHO Excel is not well suited for beeing shared. You may condiser using a different type of application for this (e.g. a database) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ALSHORTMAN" <ALSHORTMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C0807914-A81F-4719-A37C-3F22160C2EB3@microsoft...

Address Book
2007 Outlook failed and I had to create a new profile. I imported my calendar items and contacts from a previously saved PST file. However, even though I have all my contacts my "address book" is empty. How do I create a new address book? Rather, how do I import my contacts into the address book?. Assistance will be appreciated. "Julsie" <Julsie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76A0E25F-E973-4583-B634-8D68972453CF@microsoft.com... > 2007 Outlook failed and I had to create a new profile. I imported my > calendar > items and c...

Spell Check when sending emails
Why does the spell check check the spelling in the original text when relpying to or forwarding emails. I have the "Do not chek original text..." checked in the Options menu under Tools. If, under the email options in tools->options, you have changed how the reply will be sent, you negated the option to not spell check the original text. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching googl...

Problem when adding an appointment in CRM from the SFO ver. 1.2
When the users make an appointment in the SFO, its fails. The SFO makes the activity on the contact, but the Outlook synchronisation fails. The appointment does not appear in the Outlook calendar. Then we reinstall the appointment form in Outlook, clear the forms cache, and the problem is resolved. Then after some time (weeks) the problem comes back. Any ideas? Best regards Jacob Mondrup IT Manager, Cultivator Denmark. have you loaded the latest rollup patch for the outlook client? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=127a274d-bc20-4e2f-be0d-1247455748...

Outlook notification #2
in outlook 2003, we now have that cool little box that comes up when new mail hits the mailbox. Is there a way to set up a different folder to do a similar bubble message? You have to set up a rule. It's one of the action options for incoming messages ----- Philip wrote: ---- in outlook 2003, we now have that cool little box that comes up when new mail hits the mailbox. Is there a way to set up a different folder to do a similar bubble message? ...

shared calander and address book ?
Is it possible to do a shared calander and address book with outlook 2003 If using Exchange, easily. If not, then try this page: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, john asked: | Is it possible to do a shared calander and address book with outlook | 2003 Not natively, but see if anything here looks promi...

problem sending emails 04-25-10
i looked up the POP3 and SMTP server information but when i try to send emails it gives me this error. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server R...

Upgrade to exchange enterprise #2
Hello I have just moved to exchange enterprise from exchange standard(with the mailbox move method). Everything has gone well but i'm noticing that i'm still getting event 1221 messages stating that there is x amount of space in the public and private message stores. Just wondering if i should still be getting these messages. I'm aware though that exchange space is white space based and that when you exceed the amount of white space the database will grow again. But just wondering if i should still be getting those 1221's. Thanks On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 09:17:03 -070...

Air Framing Nailer Kit 8-10 Gauge - 2"
Price:$250.99 Image: http:///image.php?id=B000UFSL5G Best deal: http:///index.php?id=B000UFSL5G Neiko Tools USA 8-10 Gauge 2"~ 3-1/2" Air Framing Nailer Kit * Large Piston For Increasing Power * Stong and Light Weight Die-Cast Body * Drivers Full-Head Nails from 2" to 3-1/2" Long * Includes: Goggles, Oil, Wrenches and Instruction * Max Capacity: 40 pcs * 72-120 psi * Air Inlet: 1/4" NPT * 21 Degree Angle ...

GetItemRect() not consistent with display after updating iIntegral #2
Sorry about the repost. I am trying to set the height of a CTreeCtrl item using the iIntegral property of TVITEMEX and SetItem. This is within the context of a splitter window with a left and a right pane. The left pane contains the tree and the right pane displays graphical elements which are vertically aligned with corresponding tree items. When iIntegral is set, the tree redisplays as expected, however the results from GetItemRect() do not change. As a result, the graphical elements in the right pane are not correctly vertically aligned. The only thing that seems to update GetItemRect...

Can I import addresses from Blackberry into Outlook 2010?
Is there a way to import from a Blackberry into Outlook 2010? Addresses at a minumum, but perhaps also messages. Most PDA software will offer an option to synchronize with Outlook. Ask Blackberry if they do. This is not an Outlook question. -- Russ Valentine "CHuck" <CHuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC006E4F-736F-4936-9582-4E52CEB7387D@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to import from a Blackberry into Outlook 2010? Addresses at > a > minumum, but perhaps also messages. Check with Blackberry to see if they support Outlook 2010 ...