Secure POP3/IMAP4 Virtual Servers

Hi!
I want to create secure POP3/IMAP4 virtual servers on Exchange 2003 server.
Exchange server should accept both secure and non-secure connections for
POP3/IMAP4.

Must I use addiotally IP addresses for secure POP3/IMAP4? Or can I use the
same IP address for both non-secure and secure POP3/IMAP4 virtual servers?

Best Regards
Mustafa
0
mustafa (157)

Hi
you can using this KB depoly your POP3/IMAP 4 Virtual Server
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823024

--
Jammy

"mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D
:07481DA8-C1BE-4160-BF93-A3887C830F72@microsoft.com...
> Hi!
> I want to create secure POP3/IMAP4 virtual servers on Exchange 2003
server.
> Exchange server should accept both secure and non-secure connections for
> POP3/IMAP4.
>
> Must I use addiotally IP addresses for secure POP3/IMAP4? Or can I use the
> same IP address for both non-secure and secure POP3/IMAP4 virtual servers?
>
> Best Regards
> Mustafa

0
jammylo (214)
10/25/2004 9:14:15 AM
Hi!
This link has no information about my question. My question is:

"JammyùÀÙ´Å" wrote:

> Hi
> you can using this KB depoly your POP3/IMAP 4 Virtual Server
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823024
>
> --
> Jammy
>
> "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D
> :07481DA8-C1BE-4160-BF93-A3887C830F72@microsoft.com...
> > Hi!
> > I want to create secure POP3/IMAP4 virtual servers on Exchange 2003
> server.
> > Exchange server should accept both secure and non-secure connections for
> > POP3/IMAP4.
> >
> > Must I use addiotally IP addresses for secure POP3/IMAP4? Or can I use the
> > same IP address for both non-secure and secure POP3/IMAP4 virtual servers?
> >
> > Best Regards
> > Mustafa

0
mustafa (157)
10/25/2004 10:05:03 AM
Sorry~
You can use the  same IP address for both non-secure and secure POP3/IMAP4
virtual servers

--

:2F869733-1B00-423F-90B1-6272F45CEAB8@microsoft.com...
> Hi!
> This link has no information about my question. My question is:
>
> Must I use addiotally IP addresses for secure POP3/IMAP4? Or can I use the
>  same IP address for both non-secure and secure POP3/IMAP4 virtual
servers?

> Best Regards
> Mustafa
>
> "Jammy?¹??´?" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > you can using this KB depoly your POP3/IMAP 4 Virtual Server
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823024
> >
> > --
> > Jammy
> >
> > "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D
> > :07481DA8-C1BE-4160-BF93-A3887C830F72@microsoft.com...
> > > Hi!
> > > I want to create secure POP3/IMAP4 virtual servers on Exchange 2003
> > server.
> > > Exchange server should accept both secure and non-secure connections
for
> > > POP3/IMAP4.
> > >
> > > Must I use addiotally IP addresses for secure POP3/IMAP4? Or can I use
the
> > > same IP address for both non-secure and secure POP3/IMAP4 virtual
servers?

> > > Best Regards
> > > Mustafa

0
jammylo1 (36)
10/25/2004 11:52:53 AM
Hi!
I tried to use the same IP address for both connections.
But I cannot start secure POP3 virtual server, if I use the same IP like
non-secure. I I used different IP for secure and non-secure POP3 connections
I can start POP3 virtual server without any problem.
Any idea?

Best Regards
Mustafa

"JammyùÀÙ´Å" wrote:

> Sorry~
> You can use the  same IP address for both non-secure and secure POP3/IMAP4
> virtual servers
>

> --
> Jammy
>
> "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D
> :2F869733-1B00-423F-90B1-6272F45CEAB8@microsoft.com...
> > Hi!
> > This link has no information about my question. My question is:
> >
> > Must I use addiotally IP addresses for secure POP3/IMAP4? Or can I use the
> >  same IP address for both non-secure and secure POP3/IMAP4 virtual
> servers?
> >
> > Best Regards
> > Mustafa
> >
> > "Jammy?¹??´?" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > > you can using this KB depoly your POP3/IMAP 4 Virtual Server
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823024
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jammy
> > >
> > > "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D
> > > :07481DA8-C1BE-4160-BF93-A3887C830F72@microsoft.com...
> > > server.
> for

> the
> servers?

0
mustafa (157)
10/25/2004 12:19:03 PM
The default POP3 Virtual Server has support secure ans non-secure POP3
Connections(TCP 110 and SSL 995 port),so..

--

:D122A459-054D-4529-9807-0D4B2A8E1216@microsoft.com...
> Hi!
> I tried to use the same IP address for both connections.
> But I cannot start secure POP3 virtual server, if I use the same IP like
> non-secure. I I used different IP for secure and non-secure POP3
connections
> I can start POP3 virtual server without any problem.
> Any idea?
>
> Best Regards
> Mustafa
>
> "Jammy?¹??´?" wrote:
>
> > Sorry~
> > You can use the  same IP address for both non-secure and secure
POP3/IMAP4
> > virtual servers
> >

> > --
> > Jammy
> >
> > "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D
> > :2F869733-1B00-423F-90B1-6272F45CEAB8@microsoft.com...
> > > Hi!
> > > This link has no information about my question. My question is:
> > >
> > > Must I use addiotally IP addresses for secure POP3/IMAP4? Or can I use
the
> > >  same IP address for both non-secure and secure POP3/IMAP4 virtual
> > servers?
> > >
> > > Best Regards
> > > Mustafa

¥?³?·s?»D
> > for

> > the
> > servers?

0
jammylo1 (36)

Change IP address of exchange server
Hi , Thought this would be an easy question to get an answer to, but had no luck with my searches... I need to change the ip address of my exchange server, but want to make sure that won't screw anything up... I thought that its ok to do that, but because the server is also a dc I want to make sure. Thanks for any help on this. Art -- Art Feel free to change the address. While possibly not required, I'd recommend rebooting afterward. Make sure that there are no hardcoded host files or WINS or DNS entries for the server. After the change, clients might not be able to connect fo...

Unattended setup of email accounts (no Exchange Server)
Hi. I don't know whether this is possible or not, but I would like to set up an unattended setup of email accounts (no Exchange Server) on a remote computer. Right now, I have to wait until both the remote users and I are available, log on the remote computer using GoToMyPC, and set up the email accounts. If there was a way to set this up so that Outlook email accounts would be configured automatically the first time the user logs on (or the first time they use Outlook), that would simplify things a bit. If anyone knows how (or if) this can be done and has an example of how to do...

shared pop3 account with different outlook clients.
Hi! We are using different versions of Outlook. The versions used are Outlook Express 5.5, 6.0sp1 and Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP. The problem is a shared pop3 account, which all the clients receive (and leave a copy to). Some clients receive the mail properly, but some clients receive corrupt messages, i.e. messages with no subject and sender fields and a blank message body. Now, i found a corresponding KB article, but we dont have any IE 6.0:s installed. Is there any other software which might have that mlang.dll problem, or should i upgrade all browsers to 6.0SP1? Thanks in adv...

Outlook / Exchange Server
I run exchange service, a workstation and for travel a notebook. I configured the notebook for chached offline work. I would like to keep all my opened inbox messages in Exchange to see it on the workstation as well as on the notebook. After synchronization of the notebook with Exchange only new messages appeared. Back home on my workstation suddenly the some effect, only new unread mails are displayed. Will synchronisation delete mails not found on server and Outlook? I loose my inbox mails since I use my new notebook. -- Hans Kohlmos Sounds like you're using a .pst file and...

lotus notes 6.5.3 local area server connection setup !!!
Hello All, I need to find lotus notes 6.5.3. connection server setup details. After I was installed 6.5.3 .I go to setup local area connection server.Type for Server name: xxxxxxxxxxxx then Destination server address setup to xxxxxx for address after that Open the link to the databases on the server, File - Database - Open but there is no my server name in this point Can anybody to help me about this. thanks. Aydin YILDIZ ay_yildiz1881@yahoo.com No, but a support group for Lotus Notes would be where I would start. = Whatever made you think this is an Outlook issue? --=20 Milly S...

An Exchange 5.5 Mailbox won't disappear when servers sync
We have 2 Exch 5.5 servers, one in UK and one in Kenya - they are happily synching address lists (we have tested this over the past 24 hours) A few days ago one of our mailboxes here had to be moved to the Kenya server (this is a common thing that we have to do when staff from UK go to work in Africa - due to bandwidth etc!!!) and I deleted the mailbox here. After several syncs the Kenya server still "sees" the mailbox and so the mailbox cannot be added locally. We have tried rebooting, requesting full directory syncs, but nothing seems to shift it. We've created and deleted ma...

Server Side Rules Setup
I would like to setup rules on the Exchange server that will impact a number of shared mailboxes (accessible to all our customer service users). I can't find any rule tools in Exchange, so I was wondering if the Outlook tools can be used? If yes, please provide an example of how this is done. Thanks, RS On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:22:03 -0700, "RS" <RS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to setup rules on the Exchange server that will impact a number >of shared mailboxes (accessible to all our customer service users). I can't >find any rule t...

Requesting data from the Microsoft Exchange Server
Requesting data from the Microsoft Exchange Server My OutlookXP is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server "Server". You can cancel the request or minimize this message to the Windows taskbar until Outlook closes the message automatically. Why is this happening? Thank you. Normally causes by a slow network or a busy Exchange server. The client is waiting for a response from the server and either it is busy with another task or the network is slow. When it connects and gets the data, the message goes away. It is just there to inform users it is actua...

Outlook Mailboxes Slow on Exchange 2003 Server
We have recently upgraded to Exchange 2003 server on a Cluster environment, running Windows 2003 Cluster Servers. We did have Exchange 2000 working fine, just wanted some of the new features of Exchange 2003. Once we did the upgrades with no real problems. We have started to notice that various mailboxes will run slow periodically. It is moving throughout the server and it isn't always the same mailboxes. They run extremely slow. We have run a defrag on the Information Store and run the nightly routines before our backups. The Backups do not appear to be running during the sl...

Cannot receive email from some servers
I have a SBS 2003 server, sp1 installed, exchange server sp2 installed. The problem starts since last week, I can receive email, like from Hotmail, Yahoo, and from people they are using MS Exchange Server. It seems that I can't receive email from those people using a mail server other than Exchange server, like Unix server. The sender receive NDR like that: JohnS@somervilles.com>: lost connection with 61.9.200.112[61.9.200.112] while sending end of data -- message may be sent more than once. Anyidea Ted Li <TedLi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a SBS 2003 ser...

how to use ado to check a field is nullallowable(SQL Server)?
I use ado to operate a database in SQLServer 2k.On the occasion that addnew NULL value to a field not nullallowable, an exception will be thrown.So I need to check whether the field is nullallowable or not before addnew. my question is how to check a field is nullallowable. thanks! best regards, kywoo Get the Field object, check its attribute by (Field::GetAttributes or maybe Field::get_Attributes) the attribute "adFldIsNullable" is what you want. "kywoo" <kywoo@tongji.edu.cn> wrote in message news:%23bcHqYvhDHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I use ado to opera...

Mail header contain physical node IP instead virtual IP
Hello I have exchange 2003 with SP1 on windows 2003 cluster. When we sending to internet from exchange cluster the mail header contain the physical node IP instead of exchange virtual IP, and cause our mail rejected remote host because they are doing reverse lookup Any Idea how I force to exchange that it will put the virtual IP in sending mail header instead physical Nagori Second result on Google http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.exchange.clustering/browse_thread/thread/4191473d1dc25394/b1190f4f791ab372?q=virtual+ip+node+smtp++group:microsoft.public.exchange.*&...

Security Event 529 from store.exe PID
I tried to get some help with this in the SBS group....with no luck. I have a freshly genned SBS 2003 Server running SBS 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 SP2, and all the latest patches from Microsoft Update. The SBS 2003 installation completed with no errors and all the service packs installed successfully. The server seems to be running fine other than the following security events being generated hundreds of times in the security event log : 4/2/2006 8:18:08 PM Security Success Audit Logon/Logoff 552 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SERVER1 "Logon attempt using explicit credentials: Logged on user: U...

Disable Copy & Paste files but not text for Windows Server 2008 R2
I have a windows server 2008 r2 and am running remote desktop services. I want to disable cut/paste of files via clipboard/clipbook, while at the same time enabling cut/paste of text via clipboard/clipbook. This is working in earlier version of Windows. Any suggestion is much appreciated. -- Hannkwang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hannkwang's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/199146.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1319418.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

OMA
Dear all, My cell phone is Motorola A768i, the browser is Motorola browser v2.2. I try to access my Exchange 2003 OMA, and I can connect, can login, and can click inbox. But when I try to send an email, it will show the error message: 500 Internal Server Error I have already setup all cell phone support on Exchange 2003, but this error message still occurred. Does anyone have same problem like me? Many thanks for your reply! Hi, I solve my problem! Don't setup signature ":" in ISA, then OMA can work! "David" <David@idle.com.tw.nospam> ��...

terminal server licenses
Is it still possible to purchase/add terminal server licenses for w2k advanced server ? We have an application that cannot be upgraded and therefore still resides on a w2k advanced server. Are we up the creek without a paddle at this point or is there anything that can be done ? Hello mem1972, Call Microsoft support to get the best answer, licensing is always a special in Microsoft. But i assume you will not get some, because Windows 2000 is retired. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers ...

SQL Server Role to be honoured for PSTL products
Hi everyone. This is a suggestion given by Robert Cavill. They would like to have the ability to create/delete stored procedures for the PSTL product. Currently, the sa user needs to be logged on to initialize the PSTL product even if the other users are given the System Administrator role. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft W...

Removing the first exchange 2003 server from the forest using asdi
I had two exchange 2003 servers that had been upgraded from 2000. The machines were weak so we bought two new machines. I transferred everything, and all was fine. Then I went to uninstall exhange on the old servers. It kept saying that their were mailboxes in use that I knew did not exist. I tried everything. It would not shut up. We ended up needing two servers for something else so I just formatted them and started again. Now I would like to tie up the lose ends in the directory. What do I need to delete? - Did you follow kba 307917? Rehomed public folders? No issues with OAB and...

New article: How to install BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express on a SBS 2008
Hello all, We have a free article for you. There is no registration needed to view the article or to download the pdf. How to install BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express on a SBS 2008 http://www.smallbizserver.net/Articles/tabid/266/Id/343/How-to-install-BlackBerry-Enterprise-Server-Express-on-a-SBS-2008.aspx Special thanks to Jason Miller, Les Connor and Michael B. Smith for helping on this article. All are Microsoft MVP's. If you have questions logon to our site and go to the forums at: http://www.smallbizserver.net/Default.aspx?tabid=53 You need to register an acco...

Spam Protection for MS Exchange Servers
FrontGate Provides Spam Filtering for Microsoft Exchange Servers Microsoft Exchange is a superb messaging platform for businesses of all sizes. But as most Administrators know, MS Exchange has little native spam protection capability. While there are many software solutions that can provide spam protection for MS Exchange, they are expensive, place an additional load on your server, and require daily updates and maintenance. These shortcomings make software solutions impractical for small-to-medium Exchange installations. FrontGate provides a cost effective solution to spam and virus p...

Laptop Needing POP3 & Exchange For One Email Account
Ok, here goes. I have a user that needs a laptop set up for 2 locations. Her primary location is on the network and will use the Exchange server to get mail. Her secondary location is a remote site that uses POP3 to get to the Exchange email. I have licenses to either Outlook 2000 or 2003 available. Is it possible, using either version (prefer 2003), to set up her email account on this one laptop to access her company email via direct network connection AND POP3 when she is at another site? Thanks in advance! Jeff Jeff wrote: > Ok, here goes. I have a user that needs a laptop set ...

Connecting from dll to SQL Server via Integrated Security.
Hello, I=92m creating a component (dll) that will run on a component server that needs to connect to MS SQL server and retrieve data. The connection needs to be made via Integrated Security. I=92ve created components in the past that used a connection string that specified the user name and password but never Integrated Security. With the user name/pw conn string I just needed to make sure that user had access to the sql server and the database and all worked well. Now with SSPI do I need to create a windows account in the domain just for the component and give that account access...

How to refresh CRm Server?
We have migrated data to CRM system using .net code. Whenever we get a file, all the records in that file will be migrated to CRM system. Our client needs following requirement. 1)Suppose today we got a file with records 1, 2 and 3. Tomorrow we get a file with records 1,2 and 4. The new file which we get tomorrow will have an additional record and also record no--3 is deleted in the new file. 2) Our client do not maintain the list of records which were deleted. 3)By using the new data file(which we get tomorrow), we need to migrate records to CRM system and only the records which were ...

Problem POP3 connector
Hello, I have recently installed SBS 2003 box. I succesfully installed it, configured it. I backup my server totally every night. Now every morning i arrive at the firm, my boss is furious because the mails don't come in. When we restart the server, everything works wel then with the pop3 server? I think the problem lies in the backup. I think we backup something that is being used from the mail server and then stops. When we don't restart the server and manuallu the service i get the error something like that : "... if the service has nothing to do, it automatically shuts down...

security update KB972696 will not install
Windows XP home, dial-up service, cannot get kb792696 to install. I get error code 0x8050855C. I cannot find this code doing a search. MS support is worthless so am asking for help here. Ran Malicious Software Removal Tool, found nothing. I use MS Security Essentials, have one red icon showing no protection, another green showing full protection. What????????? -- surveyor Double-check that KB number & error code, please. Is this a sudden, new problem? Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subsc...