Second SMTP Server

I have two Exchange servers in the same domain. They are in two separate
admin groups. They are on two separate subnets. Inter-Organizational mail
works fine. They have one routing group connector between the two. These two
servers are on opposite sides of the globe. Server 1 is in the U.S. and
sends Internet addresses SMTP directly to its destination just fine. Server
2 is in Europe, and will not send Internet addressed SMTP mail at all. The
mail just sits in a queue, and says retry. This appears to be a two fold
problem.

1. Server 2 does not send the Internet addressed SMTP mail to Server 1 for
delivery
2. Server 2 does not send Internet addressed SMTP mail directly to its
destination.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

0
myname4986 (12)

1. Does Server1 have a SMTP Connector with the address space "*" (to send
Internet mail)?
- If yes, check the Scope of the Connector - is it restricted to the Routing
Group the server is in or are you allowing all connected Routing Groups to
use it?
2. Server 2: Can it access the Internet on smtp? Can it resolve internet
names? Check using nslookup from that server. Have you configured DNS
servers other than those in your TCP/IP properties on that server? (You can
configure these in the SMTP Virtual Server properties).
By default all Exchange 200x servers are able to send outbound internet mail
with zero configuration as long as they can resolve internet names (DNS),
and have outbound SMTP (not blocked by a firewall).
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"bobs" <myname@yourdomain.com> wrote in message
>I have two Exchange servers in the same domain. They are in two separate
>admin groups. They are on two separate subnets. Inter-Organizational mail
>works fine. They have one routing group connector between the two. These
>two servers are on opposite sides of the globe. Server 1 is in the U.S. and
>sends Internet addresses SMTP directly to its destination just fine. Server
>2 is in Europe, and will not send Internet addressed SMTP mail at all. The
>mail just sits in a queue, and says retry. This appears to be a two fold
>problem.
>
> 1. Server 2 does not send the Internet addressed SMTP mail to Server 1 for
> delivery
> 2. Server 2 does not send Internet addressed SMTP mail directly to its
> destination.
>
> What the heck am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
10/10/2005 5:51:56 PM
.... can Server2 send internal mail to Server1? (assume yes, and the "one
routing group connector" actually are 2 connectors, one on each end of the
Routing Group).
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"bobs" <myname@yourdomain.com> wrote in message
>I have two Exchange servers in the same domain. They are in two separate
>admin groups. They are on two separate subnets. Inter-Organizational mail
>works fine. They have one routing group connector between the two. These
>two servers are on opposite sides of the globe. Server 1 is in the U.S. and
>sends Internet addresses SMTP directly to its destination just fine. Server
>2 is in Europe, and will not send Internet addressed SMTP mail at all. The
>mail just sits in a queue, and says retry. This appears to be a two fold
>problem.
>
> 1. Server 2 does not send the Internet addressed SMTP mail to Server 1 for
> delivery
> 2. Server 2 does not send Internet addressed SMTP mail directly to its
> destination.
>
> What the heck am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
10/10/2005 5:53:35 PM
I found it. It was a firewall issue.

I'm sorry for asking these seemingly trivial questions, but what is the
default behaivior of Exchange 2003 when you have more than one exchange
server at different geographcal locations, and multiple administrative, and
routing groups? Is it to send Internet addressed SMTP mail directly to its
destination, or to send it to another Exchange server for delivery?

"bobs" <myname@yourdomain.com> wrote in message
>I have two Exchange servers in the same domain. They are in two separate
>admin groups. They are on two separate subnets. Inter-Organizational mail
>works fine. They have one routing group connector between the two. These
>two servers are on opposite sides of the globe. Server 1 is in the U.S. and
>sends Internet addresses SMTP directly to its destination just fine. Server
>2 is in Europe, and will not send Internet addressed SMTP mail at all. The
>mail just sits in a queue, and says retry. This appears to be a two fold
>problem.
>
> 1. Server 2 does not send the Internet addressed SMTP mail to Server 1 for
> delivery
> 2. Server 2 does not send Internet addressed SMTP mail directly to its
> destination.
>
> What the heck am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
myname4986 (12)

Outgoing Email Server
In outlook, is it possible to send all messages from one server? It appears that currently the mail is sent using the server for the adress to which the original message was sent. micah356 wrote: > In outlook, is it possible to send all messages from one server? It > appears that currently the mail is sent using the server for the > adress to which the original message was sent. Why not set the SMTP server for all your e-mail accounts identically - use the same server for all of them? ...

Symantec Gateway Security 360 with Win2000/Exchange Server
Exchange Server was not changed Windows 2000 Small Business Server was not changed New Cisco 1841 Router New Symantec Gateway Security 360. All outbound email is functioning properly except email sent to a few domains, ie: AOL. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: XXXXXXXXXX Sent: 2/17/07 12:06 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: xxxxxxxxxxxx@aol.com on 2/19/07 12:18 PM Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator. <servername.com #4.4.7> any ideas of how the SGS-360 needs ...

How to output file to remote server via Out-File -filepath
I am using Invoke-Sqlcmd from SQLPS to execute a stored proc, and want to output a log to a path on the remote server that I get earlier in my script. So first I get the path by querying a table, and capture it in a $Path variable: $Path=Invoke-Sqlcmd -Query "select value from MyTable where name = 'Path';" -Database MyDB -ServerInstance "$Servername" I then try to execute my stored proc, and put the output to the path I got earlier: Invoke-Sqlcmd -Query "EXEC MyStoredProc;" -QueryTimeout 65534 -Database MyDB -ServerInstance "$Serve...

Mail Delivery Locally Between Two Exchange servers Locally
Hi, 1) I have two Exchange servers hosting Exchange 2000, Exchange 2003 in the same subnet. 2) two domains are different from each other (DmainA.com.sg, DonainB.com.sg). 3) When these exchange servers send mails, it will go through the SMTP of its own. 4) when DomainA send mail to DomainB or viseversa it will go through the SMTP which results slow delivery of mail. Q:- 1) is there any way i can configure these servers to deliver mail to each other directly. 2) on Exchange 2000 any mail for DomainB must go through any conector,deliver directly or smar...

Decommission mail server
I currently have 2 E2K7 mailbox servers. I have 2 Cas/hub servers and one edge. I have moved all mailboxes to the newer mailbox server and have no public folders which I have created on either server. The Default Public Folder database is pointing to the newer mailbox server on all mail databases. I want to decommission the older mailserver and was wondering what steps need to be taken in regards to public folder databases. On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:00:02 -0700, Maav <marc@lrsddotnet.donotspam> wrote: >I currently have 2 E2K7 mailbox servers. I have 2 Cas/hub servers and o...

Where to download: SBS 2008 with Windows Server 2008 Service Pack
I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 referenced below for download there. http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.aspx Can someone please point me at where I can find this version available for download? Thanks ozinca wrote: > I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 > referenced below for download there. > > http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.a...

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe In Windows 2008 Server R2
I am not certain why I keep getting this exception message. In fact I get a pop up most each time I try to access or connect using IE. Did a bit of searching, and have not found a good fix for this yet. I am running a Windows Server 2008 64bit machine. I tried blaming it on IE add-ons, but now I am running in NO-ADDON mode with no add-ons but the problem persists.I would appreciate it if someone helped with with a fix for this on my server. ERRORS TYPES SO FAR ============================================= Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, tim...

two smtp address
Hi, I have a client who has an exchange server and uses outlook 2000 for mail messaging. She has her main email address and an additional alias smtp address. She recieves mail from both aliases and when she sends messages it only sends from her main address. Is there a way to change so she can send emails from her other smtp address. Thanks. Randy Well, if she used Ol2002/2003, she could set up a pop or imap (cam use fake pop server name) with the second SMTP address and choose the account to send on... but not with 2000. There is a 3rd party app that she can install that will allo...

smtp connector #19
Hi i use SBS 2003 with exchange 2003, i often receive email with exchange error 5.3.5 bounce ... can help me to resolve this problem? I use pop3 connector to download email from my isp, some users have only email and no AD authentication, when internal user send email to one of this receive the same error as above or user unknow, do you think if i use smartHost in smtp connector i resolve this problem? Tia Pupo 5.3.5 indicates a looping problem. Check your configuration to find out why this is happening or explain how you have your Virtual Servers and connectors configured so we can ...

SMTP account SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC.......
Inside the mailboxes folder of Exchange server, there is user called: SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC-5DD3568592C0}) I dont know what this is? Is this a system mailbox? If not, how did it get there and how can I get rid of it? The reason I ask is that , every few minutes, there is virus being sent to this mailbox, apparently from the "administrator". Very strange. any help will be appreciated. thanks, john I found the answer here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252341 "john Smith" <smith@fakedomain.com> wrote in message new...

Time entered (and handled as data) in simple minutes and seconds.
Using Excel 2003. How can I get Excel to display and handle entries for duration in minutes and seconds only (without having to enter a 4'30" entry as 0:04:30)? I have gotten as far as getting it to display as "04:30.0", but all I need is single digit minutes (data on this spreadsheet will never go over 9:59) and double digit seconds (and to be able to enter them simply as in "4:30"). I couldn't find that as an option in the ones listed for time in the cell format dialogue box. Right now I have to enter 0:04:30 in order to get it to work right. Is t...

is it possible to host multiple CRM databases on 1 SQL server?
Hi, Is it possible to host two separate (on premise) CRM server databases on one SQL server? I am trying to achieve the above scenario, but there can only be one MSCRM_config database on any one instance of the SQL server. The Implementation guide isn't too clear about what to do in this situation. - Can two CRM databases share the same MSCRM_config file? - Do I need to install another instance of SQL server for the second CRM database? Or is there another solution? Thanks Depends on your CRM installation. If you are running the Enterprise version, then you can add a new org...

Refresh Results In A Second Subform In A Form
Hi, This could be a tricky one. What I've done is created a Form named ACCOUNTS SELECT which has a control being a Comb Box named 'PICK RESNAME' and an embedded subform which returns all the records according to the particular data from the 'PICK RESNAME' Combo Box. Thats all fine and well ! But what I need is to pick specific records and to store them in a let's say temporary Table which I will print out via a Report. For this temporary table, I have created in the Form ACCOUNTS SELECT another Subform which I hoped will view all the selections I have made...

Moving Exchange DB's to a new server (different name)
In a DR test, we moved SG's to a new server, different server name, same SG and MS name. MS mounts, can not connect to mailbox. Delete mailbox, create a new one, we can then connect. Delete this mailbox, reconnect to the original, and now we can connect. How can we accomplish this in bulk? In other words, after doing a system state restore of AD, then a system state of Exchange, restored MS file, mounted, etc. We were unable to connect to these mailboxes. I am assuming this is related to GUID's. Any thoughts? Users in AD specify a server by name. When you say that you move mailbo...

Exchange 2003 server outgoing mail queue clogging DSL Line
Hello everyone - I've searched high and low, and can't seem to find a good solution to this problem: I'm a network administrator and support several small business, many of which are about 20 users. We usually have only one SBS Server. The problem that I have is that once in a while I'll get a user on the network who abuses the system and mass mails people (about 20 at a time for example) an e-mail with a large attachment (Like 10 MB for example). Typically my clients are on a business class DSL line which is 256 Mbps up / 4 Mbps down. When I catch these servers with many m...

Outlook 2003 can not connect to Exchange 2003 server through VPN
Hi, We have a Exchange 2003 server running on windows 2000 server. Everything is working fine (Outlook client, OWA) for LAN. The server has two NIC, one connect to LAN, another one connect to firewall with different subnet. I can ping both NIC after I established VPN connection from outside internet, also can open OWA using both NIC ip address. I updated "hosts" file on remote computer for the exchange server name and ip address translation. But, When I setup exchange server in outlook 2003 on the remote computer, type in the exchange server name and user name(User account is al...

Multiple CRM Servers with Multiple Exchange Servers
I've read several places that you can't have multiple CRM servers in a single domain work properly b/c the Exchange Router will only work with one Exchange server. What if you have multiple Exchange servers? Can you use say CRM Server 1 with Exchange Server 1 and CRM Server 2 with Exchange Server 2? yes this should work as each exchange server will also have a microsoft crm exchange connector on it which will only communicate with one crm web server "TG" <TG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E82D2C8B-CA11-4B66-BF28-083CF98E49A2@microsoft.com......

Exchange 2k3 backup
Finally decided to really learn Exchange... someone else migrated the Exchange server from SBS to Exchange Enterprise 2k3... I've never really rolled up my sleeves in learning it in-depth so I've decided to set up a new server and install the Exchange 2k3 as a backup. Since I'm a relatively newbie to Exchange, can someone point me in the right direction to follow so that I can duplicate our live Exchange server onto a backup box? Any pitfalls to watch out for? Thanks, R Green your only options for a "backup" box are to use some version of clustering, or to use a 3r...

Saving emails on the server for 2 computers
We have two computers connected with a router and both have Windows XP home edition on them. Now my desktop I use Outlook Express for emails and I have it set up to save messages on the server until I delete same. That way I can receive emails on both computers. On the laptop I use Microsoft outlook for emails and if I go in and read the emails they automatically delete them from my server and I cannot retrieve them on my desktop in Outlook Express. So. I have tried going into Microsoft outlook on the laptop and gone into, tools, account settings, data files and then I'm lost on ...

Disclaimer using IMSEXT.DLL corrupting SMTP mail
I have installed IMSEXT.DLL and configured it to append a disclaimer to all outbound messages (article 258206). In order to work for our POP clients, I also set up the IMS to route all messages through the IS (article 238471). It works fine for messages originating from Outlook clients. Messages sent via SMTP from POP clients, or routed through the server via Custom Recipients get corrupted. Attachments (MIME) also get messed up. The simplest symptom to describe is that all text styling gets stripped. I haven't been able to find any more information on supporting non-Outlook client...

Additional SMTP domain to Exchange 2003
After reviewing similar posts, and following the step-by-step instructions as outlined in "Q268838 Configuring Exchange to receive mail for multiple domains" (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=268838), I still cannot get my Exchange server to accept mail to this new SMTP domain. My setup: -SBS2003, with ISA installed. -MX and A DNS records have been added to zoneedit (our nameserver) Recipient Policy Settings: -Only Default Recipient Policy setup (already tried adding additional R.P. with new domain) The Default policy looks like this: (Priory = Lowest) Filter rules: (mailnickname=*...

Replicating exchange server
I already have Windows2003 SP1 with exchange server 2003 on an HP Server . I am planning to create another machine with the same exact configuration that would be a replicate incase original system has problem. Any idea what I should be aware of. this will not work...only way to accomplish this is to use some flavor of clustering, or some third party solution...Marathon Technologies', NeverFail; there are a few out there... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "esfandiarfard" <esfandiarfard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B285F554-A6C2-43BA-90B6-D0C465D77459@micro...

Running File Based Anti-Virus software on an Exchange server
We have an Server 2003/Exchange 2003 box for mail processing only. We also run on that machine a file-based antivirus solution to protect the non-mail directories from virus'. I recently read that microsoft does nto recommend doing this. We don't exclude any directories at this point, though I am considering excluding the mail/iis directories from scanning. I couldn't find anything on Microsoft's site about this. Any one hear of this or have experience with this? Thanx! This link explains what to exclude: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823166&a...

Difference between two times in seconds
hi i need a favour regarding finding out the time spent between two times in seconds. I need the current time like 12:35:45 PM in a cell A1 and after some time put time in cell A2 as 12:37:50 PM. I need the shortcut formula for putting in a cells (A1&A2) so that it should come in Hr: Min: Sec format. And after that I need the difference of this two times in Seconds (125 seconds above) in cell A3. hi use a custom format in A3. [ss] this will keep the time from rolling over to minutes and total the seconds. regards FSt1 "Radhakant Panigrahi" wrote: ...

RPC on front end server
I currently have one 2003 server in my domain. The server acts as my DC, and exchange 2003 server. I have setup RPC over HTTPS and it is working fine. I recently bought a new server, and i would like to make this server the RPC proxy instead of having to map 443 port on my firewal to my domain controller. My exchange 2003 server has sp1. Is there anything i need to do with my certificate that is currently installed on my DC? Do i need to create a new cert and isntall this new cert on the new server? I created my own certificate by setting up an eterprise certificate authority. Than...