second exchange server 2003

Dear All,
I have now exch2k3 with internet domain name different from internal domain
name and it is also behind the ISA server.
and it is working well .
now we have another internet domain name and I want to install new exch2k3
with this new internet domain name .
what I want to do is to make any user in my active directory domain have tow
profiles or accounts the first one is
user@internetdomain1.com and the second one is
user@internetdomain2.ocm I mean tow exch2k3 servers with one internet domain
in each one and the tow are in the active directory domain and also the tow
are behind the ISA server.
what can I do by some details.

0
ramadan19 (17)

"Ramadan Al-Jallad" <ramadan19@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Dear All,
>I have now exch2k3 with internet domain name different from internal domain
>name and it is also behind the ISA server.
>and it is working well .
>now we have another internet domain name and I want to install new exch2k3
>with this new internet domain name .
>what I want to do is to make any user in my active directory domain have tow
>profiles or accounts the first one is
>user@internetdomain1.com and the second one is
>user@internetdomain2.ocm I mean tow exch2k3 servers with one internet domain
>in each one and the tow are in the active directory domain and also the tow
>are behind the ISA server.
>what can I do by some details.

You don't need a 2nd Exchange Server to acheive this.
On the existing Exchange Server create a new Recipient Policy (Like
you did for the 1st Internet Domain earlier) and filter it to the user
accounts that need the addresses.
If everyone needs both Internet domains then simply modify the
existing Recipient Policy to add another smtp address space.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk
0
mark7219 (5666)
8/11/2004 10:08:25 AM
Thank you for your response but kindly note that I want the previous
configuration for backup issues I mean if any down for my primary email
server I want to find another way to send our emails via another internet
address.
so I want any idea to implement the previous senario and thanks for your
reply.
> "Ramadan Al-Jallad" <ramadan19@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Dear All,
> >I have now exch2k3 with internet domain name different from internal
domain
> >name and it is also behind the ISA server.
> >and it is working well .
> >now we have another internet domain name and I want to install new
exch2k3
> >with this new internet domain name .
> >what I want to do is to make any user in my active directory domain have
tow
> >profiles or accounts the first one is
> >user@internetdomain1.com and the second one is
> >user@internetdomain2.ocm I mean tow exch2k3 servers with one internet
domain
> >in each one and the tow are in the active directory domain and also the
tow
> >are behind the ISA server.
> >what can I do by some details.
> >

> You don't need a 2nd Exchange Server to acheive this.
> On the existing Exchange Server create a new Recipient Policy (Like
> you did for the 1st Internet Domain earlier) and filter it to the user
> accounts that need the addresses.
> If everyone needs both Internet domains then simply modify the
> existing Recipient Policy to add another smtp address space.
>

> Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
> FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
> Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk

0
ramadan19 (17)
8/11/2004 12:50:56 PM
If your primary email server goes down then you won't have any email
to send. If you want somewhere to store inbound mail until your server
is recovered then ask the ISP to configure a fallback MX record. They
probably won't even charge, they don't in the UK.

I know what you're trying to acheive and it's a lot of money for no
valid return.

"Ramadan Al-Jallad" <ramadan19@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Thank you for your response but kindly note that I want the previous
>configuration for backup issues I mean if any down for my primary email
>server I want to find another way to send our emails via another internet
>address.
>so I want any idea to implement the previous senario and thanks for your
>reply.
>"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> "Ramadan Al-Jallad" <ramadan19@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Dear All,
>> >I have now exch2k3 with internet domain name different from internal
>domain
>> >name and it is also behind the ISA server.
>> >and it is working well .
>> >now we have another internet domain name and I want to install new
>exch2k3
>> >with this new internet domain name .
>> >what I want to do is to make any user in my active directory domain have
>tow
>> >profiles or accounts the first one is
>> >user@internetdomain1.com and the second one is
>> >user@internetdomain2.ocm I mean tow exch2k3 servers with one internet
>domain
>> >in each one and the tow are in the active directory domain and also the
>tow
>> >are behind the ISA server.
>> >what can I do by some details.
>> >

>> You don't need a 2nd Exchange Server to acheive this.
>> On the existing Exchange Server create a new Recipient Policy (Like
>> you did for the 1st Internet Domain earlier) and filter it to the user
>> accounts that need the addresses.
>> If everyone needs both Internet domains then simply modify the
>> existing Recipient Policy to add another smtp address space.
>>

>> Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
>> FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
>> Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk
0
mark7219 (5666)
8/11/2004 2:55:20 PM
without thinking about money how can I make the previous senario .and thanks
for your help.
> If your primary email server goes down then you won't have any email
> to send. If you want somewhere to store inbound mail until your server
> is recovered then ask the ISP to configure a fallback MX record. They
> probably won't even charge, they don't in the UK.
>
> I know what you're trying to acheive and it's a lot of money for no
> valid return.
>

> "Ramadan Al-Jallad" <ramadan19@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Thank you for your response but kindly note that I want the previous
> >configuration for backup issues I mean if any down for my primary email
> >server I want to find another way to send our emails via another internet
> >address.
> >so I want any idea to implement the previous senario and thanks for your
> >reply.
> >"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote in message

> >domain
> >exch2k3
> >tow
> >domain
> >tow
> >> >

> >> You don't need a 2nd Exchange Server to acheive this.
> >> On the existing Exchange Server create a new Recipient Policy (Like
> >> you did for the 1st Internet Domain earlier) and filter it to the user
> >> accounts that need the addresses.
> >> If everyone needs both Internet domains then simply modify the
> >> existing Recipient Policy to add another smtp address space.
> >>

> >> Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
> >> FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
> >> Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk
> >

> Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
> FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
> Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk

0
ramadan19 (17)

Outlook 2003 unsafe attachment
Outlook 2003 has removed what it regards as an "unsafe attachment" from email I have received from a good friend whose attachement I trust. How do I get the file and, more important, how do I turn off this "feature"? This has happened to me several times and it has never been correct. In all cases, the email was from people I know well and the attachments were safe. I hate programs that think they are smarter than their users. Steve Buroff Safer is to instruct people not to send you scripts or programs in an uncompressed format. For more info and instructions on how to...

Move PF From 2000 to 2003 #3
We are running EX2000 SP3 and just built an EX2003 SP2 server for migrating all public folders to. In the past (5.5 to 2000), we setup replication for all folders and then remove the old one after they in-sync. This process take very long time. Now, we heard there is a new tool on EX2003 SP2 "Move all Replicas", is that something to replace the old process? How does it work on large data? Will it verify the folders before removing the old data? Our PF currently 160GB in size and we use EFORMS and Event agent a lot. Does the "Move All Replicas" also handle the exchange syste...

Outlook 2003 #284
Why is it when I want to insert an attachment into an email in Outlook 2003 and the browse window pops up for the file, I try to change the directory for the file, the window stops responding and locks up and I have to force quit Outlook (sometimes having to reboot!) Argghhhh!....Help me Please.... ...

install ssis on windows server 2003
Hi there, I can't install SSIS service on my windows 2003 server. SSIS service won't show up in the SQL Server Configuration Manager's services list after i perform a full install from SQL Server 2005 SE installation CD on my server. During this install I've selected a choice for 'Integration Services'. I have Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2, standard x64 Edition SP2 installed on the server. I am able to run .dtsx package on the server from BIDS, but I can't run the same script from commandline using dtexec, because there is no SSIS service running. I get...

2007 excel autofilter change back to 2003 autofilter?
Is it possible to change the 2007 autofilter back to like the 2003 autofilter worked? I see you have a response to one of your other posts -- in a different forum. jonnybrovo815 wrote: > > Is it possible to change the 2007 autofilter back to like the 2003 autofilter > worked? -- Dave Peterson ...

2 Locations (exchange mode)
SBS2k3, Exchange 2k3, Outook2k3 I am in HQ, using exchange2003, only SMTP service open, POP3 stop. I'd like branch office accessing Exchange 2003 by exchange mode also, not POP3. Can I setup a VPN line and run the above module over the VPN line? Thanks for answering Yes you can. Another option would be to use RPC over HTTP(s) this would mean you do not need a VPN connection. Nue "Smith" <Smith@Micro> wrote in message news:%23vKHe$1mGHA.2256@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > SBS2k3, Exchange 2k3, Outook2k3 > > I am in HQ, using exchange2003, only SMTP service open, ...

Is there an Excel format foro time to hundreths of a second
I am trying to record times for swimming in the format of minute, seconds, hundreths of a second mm:ss.hhh -- is there a format for this available? I also need to do functions - add, subtract, max, min, etc. Is there an easy way to do this without writing macros? Give the cell a custom format: Format|cells|Number format|custom category mm:ss.000 or [mm]:ss.000 if you need to sum them. But enter your values as real times (include the hour, minute, second, and hundredths. 00:12:05.001 (for 12 minutes, 5 seconds plus a little bit.) teetime wrote: > > I am trying to record times ...

SQL Server 2008 and CRM 4.0
Quick question, Is CRM4.0 supported using SQL 2008 as the backend database? If not is there any plans to do so? Ignore this, I just found the new Implementation Guide which includes SQL Server 2008 support details. "Andy" wrote: > Quick question, > > Is CRM4.0 supported using SQL 2008 as the backend database? If not is there > any plans to do so? ...

Outlook 2003 PST Lock
Does anyone know if the following reg key value works with Outlook 2003? Create the following registry key Outlook XP: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0 \Outlook\PST Add the following DWORD value: PSTDisconnectDelay Set the timeout delay in seconds. For example, setting PSTDisconnectDelay=120 (decimal) sets the timeout to two minutes. Restart Microsoft Outlook. ...

Mails are send out after restart the server
Hello everyone, I have installed Exchange 2003 Enterprise, in the exisiting Exchange 2000 Ent. Organization. All went smoothly and I was able to move my mail box to new server, and I was able to log in. For test I send one message to internal user and did not received. So I rebooted the server and message went to that mail box. I tried again to send he message internal and then external. Again few hours I call both user (internal and externa) and did not received the mail. I restarted again the server and they receive. However I can receive emails from outside world and also fro...

2000 to 2003 uploading to html file
I can not find how to load to a web page, where in 2000 publisher I just slected that option now using 2003 and can not find that option.....I need to convert to html so that I can up load with MS Frontpage to my web site ???? Upload using frontpage ext so I can not use FTP uploads.....Help I guess I stated problem wrong, I need to find same option as in 2000, where you "save as a web page". what I would do is save it to a file, then open with Frontpage and upload. (this is saved as Html format so I have it on my disk as pub file and html file. I can not find this option to ...

Exchange 5.5 #17
Hi, i have one site with four exchange servers 5.5. Two of them are on NT4 and the other two are on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Just one server is sending mail to other domains. Is there anyone that could help-me to track the problem? ...

pop3 server
When i open outlook 2000 i get a setup wizard and it asks for a pop3 server and an outgoing stmp server. i don't know what those are. These details are supplied by yr ISP They are required if you have an ISP email account, as opposed to a web mail account David "newell" <newellbaxter@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:060901c35e4f$1c50f1c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When i open outlook 2000 i get a setup wizard and it asks > for a pop3 server and an outgoing stmp server. i don't > know what those are. ...

Error Msg: "Server Error in /Reports Application"
New install of CRM 3.0 on 2003 Server. SQL 2005 also on same box. browsing to "http://localhost/reports" shows error message noted in subject line. Title box is "Parser Error" and the content says 'Could not load type MicrosoftReportingServices.UI.GlobalApp' I tried logging in as local admin and domain admin - same error. Using Sql Server Management Studio - logging into "Database Engine" is OK, but receive following error when logging into "Report Services": "Unable to connect to remote server (System)" "No connection could b...

Outlook 2003 locks up on replies
I have a problem with Outlook 2003 locking up on replies to emails. I have to close Outlook and go back into it to get Outlook to work again. I have deleted the users local profile, deleted the mailbox and recreated it, changed out different computer, change the data jack and even put the user on wireless. It has to be something following the user? It happens at different timesof the day, but mainly in the afternoon. ...

Error on CRM, SQL Server, SQL Reporting Services configuration doc
The file: "Additional Setup Tasks When Microsoft SQL Reporting Services Is Installed on a Separate Server from Microsoft CRM 3.0 or Microsoft SQL Server" contains an error that may result in confusion. On page 2-3, Configuration 2 (Figure 3) shows CRM and Reporting Services on a single server and SQL on a different server. Configuration 3 (Figure 4) shows Reporting Services on one server and CRM installed with SQL on the other server. On Page 4, the Configuration descriptions shown in the summary table are reversed. That is, Configuration 2 shows Server 1 with Reporting Ser...

Tax free exchange of stock shares
On nov 12 2006 McDonals (MCD) corp offered a tax free exchange for Chipotle (CMGB) shares using a ratio of .8879 shares of CMGB for each share of MCD exchanged with fractions remaining being convereted into cash (Cash-In-Lieu). If I traded a portion of the shares of MCD I own, how would I proceed in Money 2006 to record the transaction? Spin-off does not seem to fit the build as CMGB already exists as a stock. In microsoft.public.money, Wade wrote: >On nov 12 2006 McDonals (MCD) corp offered a tax free exchange for Chipotle >(CMGB) shares using a ratio of .8879 shares of CMGB f...

Scheduled sending mail in 2003
hi, I am using outlook 2003 and i just wanted to is there any option available in outlook 2003 where a particular drafted mail can be sent to a single person evry day at a fixed time....evenif i am at home and not opened my outlook. regards, rkp For the first part of your question; Yes, see http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/recurringemail.htm The second part is not possible without Outlook running somewhere as otherwise there is no way to process this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outl...

Outlook XP and 200 Clients talk to Exchange 2003
Can Outlook XP/2000 clients who are using MAPI communicate with an Exchange Server 2003 installation or do the clients need to be Outlook 2003 also They will work fine. Outlook 2003 offers some additional capabilities with Exchange 2003 but other versions will work fine. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Kevin Wilson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A51109B-F0D9-4398-A5C0-82F8DDE491D9@microsoft.com... > Can Outlook XP/2000 clients who are using MAPI communicate with an Exchange Server 2003 insta...

New Exchange Server with User Accounts in Child Domain
Origianlly I had an NT4 domain with Exchange 5.5. In the past few months we have created a new 2003 domain and created new accounts for our users there. These domain accounts were given permissions to the old Exchange mailboxes. The New domain has a root domain with two child domains. I have installed Exchange 2003 in the root domain. I used ADC to create a connection between the two domain servers. I can see all of the accounts using the 2003 snap-in. But, I cannot move a mailbox from the old Exchange server to the user in the child domain. The option is not displayed in the Exchange ...

Exchange Migration #2
Hello everybody. I'm not a exchange expert so please try to help me on this one. We've migrated Exchange 5.5 to the 2003 version successfully. Exchange 5.5 was running on a NT (BDC) machine with the latest service pack and we're using Windows server 2003 for the new exchenge server. Everything is working fine until I disconnect the NT machine. I can receive emails from the outside, but not the same when i'm trying to send one. when i connect the the NT back, all the emails reached its destination!, whats is wrong with my servers?? any help will be appreciated. Thanks in adva...

Exchange Rule #2
I have well over 500 users on an Exchange 2003 environment. We have a spam filter in place and all spam that comes in is tagged with the word spam on the subject line. Is there a way to setup all clients so when they get an email that is tagged with spam, it would automatically be sent to the junk folder of Outlook? I know they can do it manually in Outlook but since we have over 500 users, this is not a feasible solution for us. Is there a way to configure Exchange to do this automatically? Why not just use IMF? "Ricky" <Ricky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Playing a video within Powerpoint 2003
I have an AVI file that is just under 2gb in size. It plays under windows media, but when you embed it within a slide in Powerpoint 2003 you can hear the audio but you cannot see the video. All you see is a black square. I have looked to see if the size was an issue but I cannot find anything that says there is a size limit. How can I get this to play? Thank you for your help "Mikflan" <Mikflan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53018453-C529-405B-801F-39862E06546A@microsoft.com... > I have an AVI file that is just under 2gb in size. It ...

Version change for an Active Document server
Hi, I have an application which can act as an Active Document Server - i.e. you can copy an object from the application and paste it into PowerPoint. The object apperas as a rectangle with some text - and if you double click on it in the PowerPoint slide, (and if you have my application installed), a form opens up that provides more information about the object & even edit it. This is a SDI application where the document is derived from COleDocument & I have a ServerItem derived object as well. I override the Serialize method, which allows the PowerPoint document to store all the in...

Outlook 2003 Notes #3
Outlook today does not display count always at zero. The count is the number of unread notes you have. If all your notes are read, they won't show up in that count. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "David" <davidranieri@verizon.net> wrote in message news:85d101c4855b$1113e090$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook today does not display count always at zero. ...