Scriptet user cant send or recive mails

Hi, im having a huge problem. Iv just add 2100 new users in our
Exchange by script, and most of those users cant send or recive mails,
and i wounder why.

If you take an excisting AD user who have no problem and compare this
with one of the new users, there are no different, iv looked trough
every bits and bots i can find. If i move the mail box from one
database/server to another the user account are now fixed and the user
can send and recive mail?!?

Anyone who can explain what going on here?!?

0
tsbo (1)

tsbo@kolding.dk wrote:

>Hi, im having a huge problem. Iv just add 2100 new users in our
>Exchange by script, and most of those users cant send or recive mails,
>and i wounder why.
>
>If you take an excisting AD user who have no problem and compare this
>with one of the new users, there are no different, iv looked trough
>every bits and bots i can find. If i move the mail box from one
>database/server to another the user account are now fixed and the user
>can send and recive mail?!?
>
>Anyone who can explain what going on here?!?

Missing permissions, probably. Or missing attributes.

Start here:
XADM: Requirements for Disabling the Recipient Update Service [296479]

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Some Contacts List messages going into Junk Mail folder
My wife and I use the same computer, and we have our separate email addresses set up in WLM. We also share the Contacts folder. Starting about a month or two ago, many of the messages from my wife's friends, who are in our Contacts folder, have been going repeatedly into her Junk Mail folder. Even clicking of the Not Junk option has failed to stem this flow. I have not had this experience with my email messages. What might we be missing in our setup? Gordon Biggar Hotmail type accounts for both email addresses ? - Hotmail.com, Live.com, Msn.com *Note: All Hotmai...

Junk Mail and Detect and Repair wont work in Office 2003
I am trying to update the Outlook Junk Mail filters, KB914454 it wont let me in Office 2003 it continually shows the shield icon saying I have an update to complete when I do it fails, tried to repair, that fails too, should I try install even tho my software or CD is Office 2003 and I have SP2 on the computer already or is there a registry fix, do I really need Junk Mail, how can I stop this update from happening, I use AVG and it works fine ...

Mail go's to Badmail "This message does not have any recipients"
The problem I have is that email is being placed in the bad mail folder without an NDR. This email is send by our backup software ever night. When I check in the Bad mail dir the error listed is "This message does not have any recipients" Anyone have any ideas? ...

Will my sent e-mails be kept in the web server e-mail?
Hello, I am interested in using Windows Mail but first I would like to make sure that all the e-mails I send using Windows Live will be saved both in Windows Live and the website version of each of the e-mail accounts I will add. I would like to know if the same applies for the e-mails I receive. Thanking you in advance. Sincerely yours, Orabidreamer Note that they type of account POP, IMAP, or HTTP will make a difference. Check the box on each account setup that says, "Leave a copy on the server" (Advanced tab). If you have accounts that do not show that t...

Send and receive message freeze...
When I open Entourage and press send and receive, it keeps on freezing. I keep on having to restart it. I have had the program for past several years and it's never done this.... whats going on? salernk@gmail.com <salernk@gmail.com> wrote: > When I open Entourage and press send and receive, it keeps on > freezing. I keep on having to restart it. I have had the program > for past several years and it's never done this.... whats going on? Corruption maybe?? Try launching Entourage pressing the option key down to rebuild your identity, Cor...

users can't login on one PC
I have 1 PC that was just upgraded to GP 10 SP 2 and now only the SA can login. When a regular user account tries to login they get the error: "The login failed. Attempt to login again or contact your system administrator" That same id is able to login on every other PC so I know it is not SQL DB security and the SA can login from this PC so i am pretty sure it is not the ODBC. Any help would be appreciated. Fliehigh OK So I figured it out this DSN was setup using the IP address of the SQl server and the rest where using the DNS name. I changed it and it worked great. Fli...

Internet mail con Exchange 5.5
Buenas : Quisiera hacerles una consulta: Tengo un servidor de correo Exchange 5.5 que maneja buzones internos que tengo la opci=F3n de crear cuando creo un usuario del dominio (Dominio NT 4). Tengo tambien cuentas de mail externas POP3, las cuales configuro manualmente en cada PC que lo requiera (No todas tienen mail externo).Es decir el usuario descarga los mails externos directamente del pop3 de mi ISP , pero quedan guardados en el buzon de Exchange. La consulta es si es posible hacer que el exchange configure por usuario esas cuentas externas a las cuentas que yo le indique, sin tener la n...

Problem with Outlook e-mail after installing Microsoft Publisher
I have not been able to send e-mails from Outlook after installing Microsoft Publisher. Any suggestions on how to remedy this sotuation? Are you getting an error? Is Outlook working okay through other programs? The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Techblues" <Techblues@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCCE2A75-8...

how to script with user variables in outgoing messages
I want to know if its possible to do this. My company has changed its domain name, and the email addresses will now reflect this domain name. I want to know if its possible to script a notice that goes out with each message, saying that the new email address is now username@newdomain.com. We have an email disclaimer configured, and I was thinking we could script a note in this disclaimer text saying something like: My new email address is now: %username%@newdomain.com, this way, each user that sends a message, the script will append the username variable to domain name. Is something l...

Unable to attach an attachment using mail merge
Anyone know how to do an Outlook mail merge and have it sent an attachment to all merged recipents? I put the attachment into the basic outlook e_mail message and when it merges it strips off the attachment. I am using Word as the E-Mail editor and Outlook 2002 SP2 and merging contacts directly from an Outlook Contact folder. ...

moving all incoming mail to deleted items folder
We are trying to setup students who graduate from our school so that any incoming mail will be forwarded to a new address and if they have not setup a forwarding address, their incoming mail will be deleted with an out of office reply sent to the sender indicating that the user is no longer a student and has not setup forwarding. Graduated students would also not have OWA enabled as well. The one thing that seems hard to do is to create a rule that will move all incoming mail to the deleted items folder. Does anyone know of how to have all incoming mail subject to a rule to move to deleted ...

Preventing users from saving forms into unprotected formats
I need to stop users from saving forms into unprotected formats, e.g. RTF (believe it or not, my users like to mess about with form layout, creating business interoperability problems) I have successfully intercepted the FileSave and FileSaveAs commands. I also need to intercept the Save As dialog which comes up for a new dialog when the file is closed, so I'm using a BeforeDocumentClose event handler. I would like them to be able to choose not to save, so I give them a YesNoCancel message, but I can't prevent the regular message coming up if they click No on my message...

Error after attempting to send message OTL6
each time i attempt to send a message in outlook6 the send and receive bar will proceed right to the end and immediately post following: unknown error protocal:SMTP, port:0, Secure(SSL):No Error Number OX800C0131 The new window: DIRECTDB.DLL HAS COMMITTED ERROR MSIMN WILL CLOSE NOW PROPERTIES OF DIRECTDB.DLL IS VERSION 6.0.2800.1106 HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!! waynedog_7@passport.com <waynedog@prodigy.net> wrote: > each time i attempt to send a message in outlook6 Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Can't open some mail after upgrade
Hello.. We upgraded our server to Exchange 2003. After the upgrade our clients using Windows 2000 and Outlook 2000 do not seem to be able to open mail that has been forwarded more than once and contains attachments. I can forward the same piece of mail to someone using an Outlook 2003 client and they can open it, but the client using Outlook 2000 cannot view the mail, preview the mail, forward the mail or even see or save the attacment. The error is: "Can't open this item. Could not complet the operation because the service provider does not support it." Any help...

Sending an email to multiple contacts
As suggested by people on one of these newsgroups, I have abandoned Outlook's broken distribution list functionality to use this "Categorize" feature. So I now have my hundreds of individuals all categorized and I want to send an email to everyone in a certain category. I do not see any sign that this functionality is supported, in fact, it seems like Microsoft actually broke the functionality intentionally. I have created my email and have opened my contacts. I sorted based upon category, selected the items in the category and dragged those items to the "To.....

Deleting Mail #2
This problem seems to be random over our network. We are running Windows Server 2000 with Outlook 2002. Some users are getting a notification that they have mail and when they check, there is nothing in their inbox. The new mail has automatically gone to the deleted items folder. It doesn't do it with all mail for that particular user or do all the users on the network experience this problem. There are no rules set up to do this. Has anyone else have this problem. If you have a suggestion please respond to my e-mail address DKimball@puc.nh.gov Thanks I have Outlook 2002 on...

User Interface stops working
Hi, I am developing an application using MFC in MS Visual Studio 2005. I created a single dialog based MFC application. The framework generates the code required to create the single dialog box. In the InitInstance() function, the dialog box is created using DoModal() to create a modal dialog box. I have added a tab control in the main dialog box. I have 5 tabs. For each tab, I create a dialog box using MFC. Each dialog box contains various buttons and controls. One dialog box contains an ActiveX control object. When a particular tab is selected by the user, the corresponding dialog ...

Forward E-Mail to another account
Hello, Can Outlook-6 be setup to forward a copy of a e-mail message to another account. Thanks Clinton Yes, you can use the -Message Rules- option to do what you're askin for. Just go to Tools -> Message Rules -> Mail.. and from there on it really self-explanatory. In your case.. 1. pick whatever conditions you need (where the from line contains...) 2. select the option forward it to.. And you're done -- Heritag ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Heritage's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=425 View this th...

Deleting a single mail item remotely?
Is it possible to delete an item from user(s) mailbox(es) if it is mistakenly sent? We've just migrated to Exchange 2003 and I would like to know as we could do it with sendmail easily. What normally happens to require this need is someone sends an email they shouldn't have to the wrong people then panics and rings us to try and delete it before the users in question logon and see the mail. a On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 20:16:52 +0100, "al" <{ask_me}@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: >Is it possible to delete an item from user(s) mailbox(es) if it is >mistakenly sent? We&...

Slow performance when opening e-mail
It takes 10-15 seconds for an e-mail to open. even moving between e-mails is slow, nor will the preview pane show up any faster. It takes the same period of time to delete messages. Even moving between contacts, calender to my in box takes an excessive period of time. It has not always been this slow. I have archived my info and do not have an excessive ammount of messages in my box. Nor am I low on memory or performance with my hardware. Any ideas? Thanks, Matthew Depending on the version of Outlook (which you do NOT state), turning off Instant Message integration under Tools-&...

sending messages with attachments takes longer than usual
Hy everyone,for the last couple of days i've being trying to troubleshoot a problem on a windows 2000 network. All the workstations seem to share the same problem,if they send a message with a small attachment,there's no problem but as soon as the size of the attach reaches aproximately 400 Kbp,it takes an eternety to send the e- mail and sometimes doesn't even send it. I've being using a normal workastation winth win2000 server,and for the internet sharing i'm using wingate (i've checked the settings on the wingate's firewall and everything is set as default....

Bouncing mail
How is an unwanted email bounced in Windows Live Mail? It says somewhere that if "Delete and block" is pressed, the email is bounced, but there isn't such an option anywhere in Windows Live Mail. Zach Use a Delete It From Server message rule. You do not want to bounce messages. If it is a fake address, you will be bombarded with bounces of your own showing up in your Inbox. I never heard of Delete and Block. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Zach" <xx@yy.zz> wrote in message news:e118A%23YC...

User Can't Send Mail
When a user has hit their quota limit and I increase it for them what do I need to do to allow the updated limit to be applied to the user so they can send Email again? wait...the default update time for this is 2 hours...or see this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327378/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "D303M" <D303M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:563E524F-709F-40CE-A202-228944A920F2@microsoft.com... > When a user has hit their quota limit and I increase it for them what do I > need to do to allow the updated limit to be applied to the user so th...

My mail is auto purged after 7 day!!!
Hi all, I am the network administrator. Recently a user complain that her email is auto purge every 7 days. I have checked user's outlook AutoArchive setting is not set. Only this user have problem, all of us is OK. Any clue for me what's going wrong? On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 19:12:01 -0700, "Cyber" <Cyber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, I am the network administrator. Recently a user complain that her >email is auto purge every 7 days. I have checked user's outlook AutoArchive >setting is not set. Only this user have problem, all of us is OK. A...

Can't send email to our domain...
Hi -- We have a client who says they can't send email to us. Can someone decode this message for me? I asked him for the bounced message: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: PBen@mydomain.com on 8/10/2005 8:02 AM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <IHA4.IHA-CENTRAL.local #5.5.0 smtp;553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large - on relay of: MAIL FROM:<Mike_O'Donnell@theirdomain.com>> sounds like h...