Script for Query-Based DL's

Pardon me if posted in the wrong place.

We are scripting a large amount of OU structures and administration groups
with delegation through dsacls.  This is something that is repeated many
times.  One item that is asked to create is a query-based DL.  Since it would
need to be ran so many times and for consistency I am trying to find if we
can have the script create the Q-B DL's.  I have found scripts for dsacls and
the Q-B DL's but I'm having a hard time finding how to script the creation of
the DL's.  Does anyone know how this would be done?

Thank you,
Michael

running query
Hello, I was trying to create a chunk of code like follows: Dim qry As DAO.QueryDef 'the actual query to be generated Dim qryName As String 'the name given to the query sql = "SELECT * INTO AppendAllFields FROM [some table];" Set qry = db.CreateQueryDef(qryName, sql) DoCmd.OpenQuery (qryName) where qryname is alr. defined. When I wronf it, it kept giving me the error on the DoCmd line saying that runtime error 3001, invalid argument.... Anyone could help? Thanks! On 27 Apr 2007 11:09:43 -0700, azhu.uwaterloo@gmail.com wrote: >Hello, >I was trying to create a ch...

Select rows and sort based on type
I have a spreadsheet that contains data for several different types of accounts. I want to sort by sheet differently depending on the type of account (types are 1, 2, 3, and 4). The spreadsheet is currently sorted by account type. I want to sort further in the following way: if the account type is 1, I want to sort by account name. If the account type is 2, I want to sort by account number. If the account type is 3, sort by account number. If the account type is 4, sort by account name. I'm just guessing - but it seems like I should write a macro that will select all rows, f...

CrossTab Query that shows original data (text)
I am a scheduler and would like to build a pivot table in Excel or a Cross Tab Query in Access that shows the data in its original form (text) instead of calculating the count, sum, avg., etc. Row headings would have member’s names. Column headings would have times. Data items would be the name of the assignment. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Jim G You can use a text field for the Value of a crosstab with FIRST or LAST or MIN or MAX. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.h...

crosstab query question 01-26-08
I'm using A 2000. I've created a crosstab query that finds data based on a date range that I supply just before opening it. The query will add or remove columns depending on that date range, and it will label the top of the column with the appropriate dates.The query works perfectly. One of the fields in the query is a UserName. I want to be able to double click the Username, and have it open a form and go to that Username's record. Of course, queries don't have events like a form does. So I don't see any way to open my filtered form from a record in the query. If I base...

Auto colour based on adjacent cell
How to set cell color automatically based on the color of another cell How does the first cell get coloured? By Conditional formatting or manually? If by conditional formatting then use he same conditin=ons to change the second cell. -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "crapit" <biggercrap@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ul4qozZFJHA.3996@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How to set cell color automatically based on the color of another cell > &g...

Query of External Data
I'm using a ODBC connection to query a oracle database. If I refresh a query and email the file to the intended recipients, I can limit what they can see by changing the query to include/exclude certaing markets. Is there a way that I can set up the query so the recipient cannot edit the query and have access to all the data...? Or is there a way to disconnect the query from the excel file, this way the query could never be refreshed to the database. We could email them the file daily, but they wouldn't be able to refresh or change the query(to view markets they normally ...

Scope question
Another newbie question... I'm hung up on variable scope. Comparing to VbScript, I would like to have global/public variables visible anywhere within the script, as well as private/local variables visible only within their own function. As I understand the docs, global or script scope should be visible anywhere within a single script. More specifically, I'm trying to update an global/public array within a function. The array is visible to the function, and the function adds members to the array, but on exiting the function, the array reverts to its state prior to...

Column Break based on Record Value
Hello: I have a columnar report of employees by hire date. I'd like to be able to have column 1 break at 1/1/2007 so that all the 2007 hires are together in column 2. What's the best way to attack this? Version: Access 2007. Thank you. ...

print to different printers based on site location
we are the central office with multiple warehouses. A customers' order contains items from several warehouses. we want to print what comes from warehouse 1 on printer A and what comes from warehouse 2 on printer B is it possible? to print sections of the order to specific printers depending on site id of the warehouse? The ability to send Picking Tickets and Packing Slips to different printers based on warehouses was added to Named Printers for v8.0. I believe this what you are looking for. David Musgrave [MSFT] Orginal Developer of Named Printers Senior Development Consultant Es...

Enable Textboxes Based on Combo Box Valve
I have a form called “frmIncidentForm”. Within this form I would like to disable all of the controls expect for a Combo Box called “Type”. Then when the user selects a value the form will enable the textboxes that are required for that specific Type. For example, when the user selects “Check The Welfare” form the “Type” Combo Box, AddIncident is Enabled Date is Enabled Medic is Enabled Time1008 is Enabled Time 1097 is Enabled On the other hand, if the user selects “Dry Run”. AddIncident is Enabled Medic is Enabled Time1148 is Enabled Time 1098 is Enabled Thanks -- Message posted via...

INSERT / UPDATE Query in same operation
Hi This is a backend database for .NET application Table1 is a linked table to a text file on the network, which is updated from an ERP system. Table2 is the table my application uses when the PC is offline. I want to update Table2 with Table1 on those rows who exist in both tables, and insert the new rows from Table1 into Table2, in the same SQL call. Is it possible at all? Regards JensB No. However you could put both queries in a macro or code and they would run so fast that you wouldn't know the difference. You could even Set Warnings off before the first quer...

ISV.config query
Hi, Im not a programmer and have limited experience with coding etc. However I wish to add a button to the account page/form via the isv config file. I want this button to get the website address of the company from the form and then use it to open the company website in a new window. Could anyone give me an indication of how to do this or even a sample bit of code...? This would be very helpful Thanks in advance Hi, The easiest way is probably for you to take a look in the isv.config file and just copy and paste. The test.gif and the url is just an example! Here is an example of...

Unable to bring back all results from table with query
For a uni assignment we have a designated query that we have to create. But when I run the query, I get one result returned to me. I should have two returned to me, as I have two records in the Problem table. The SQL is:- SELECT Problem.[Problem Number], User.[User ID], User.[User Name], User.[Job Title], User.Email, User.[Telephone No], Asset.[Asset Code No], Problem.[Problem Description], Problem.[Current Activity Log], Problem.[Solution Description] FROM [User] INNER JOIN ((Asset INNER JOIN Problem ON Asset.[Asset Code No] = Problem.[Asset Code No]) INNER JOIN [Contact Log]...

Publish form to users' Personal Forms Library via script or GPO?
I've got a client who will be migrating from internally hosted Exchange 2000 (yes, you read that correctly) to externally hosted Exchange 2007 with OL2007 clients. They are also looking to use Sharepoint (WSS 3.0) for their shared contacts & calendar, which are currently in E2000 public folders - the hosting company isn't providing PFs. Normally this would be no big deal, but they've got a nice little custom form for their public contacts, which they want to keep. It's currently published to the PF itself on their existing E2k server. As we won't have access to ...

get value from a query /set a variable for a report
I put this question in the forms area -- it is a form/report problem. - don't mean to double post, but I should have put it in this area instead. sorry! hello, I have a report that shows the detail for 3 different values of a field named "TransType": (values: pmt, adj, act). The name, date, and TransType fields are set via a form. In the report, I want the detail to show for the chosen TransType(s), name, and date. AND I want a total of the "ADJ" records for the specified name and date to show in a field in the footer. strDocName = "Sales for 1 month&...

Help with copying dynamic column selected based on remote cell value and dynamic formula fill
Before posting my nightmare I would like to direct my thanks to all of you who posted answers before. Browsing trough the response I complete maybe 80% of my task in a very neat way. The remaining 20% of the task it seems that will require more than 80% of the time! There are 3 worksheets named S1, S2, and S3. I use a macro to first fill the no value NA() a range sayA1:C700 in S3! And second to open a text file and format data in it (get rid of empty rows via sorting since data in first column is ascending, etc). At the end of this macro there is another worksheet named P1.txt which has 12 co...

Using external query (mdb) for dynamic date range
I'm trying to set up an Excel workbook with a dynamic link to an Access database containing quality data, involving dates. I want the workbook to always import data for the last 90 days. When I try to set this up using MS Query, to try to filter data I've tried several different variations where time is greater than or equal to: date()-30 today()-30 now()-30 And every time, it comes back as an error. It seems to be setting the query so that the entire statement is a date variable, eg "Syntax error in query expression '((Table1.Time>=#date()-30#))'...

pivot table with selection values not included in the base data
Hi, Is there a way to create a pivot table which has rows/column selection values which are not included in the base data? I have dynamic base data, each row consisting of ProjectName , ProcedureName and %compliance. The ProjectsNames are selected from a dropdown list of 10 possible projects. I have created a pivotTable from the base data, with projectName on the y-axis and ProcedureName on the x-axis, and %compliance in the middle. If I only have rows of base data with say 5 of the possible 10 ProjectNames, on the pivotTable i only then have the option of choosing between these 5 pr...

Change Connection of a Query
Hi I try to modify a Query, i want to change the server where the query is pointing to. How can I do that? JF need specifics, lots of ways to do it.... post current query connection string ie: code with current server address "Jean-Francois" wrote: > Hi I try to modify a Query, i want to change the server where the query is > pointing to. How can I do that? > > JF ...

Query data from same workbook
Hello all - I have an excel workbook that queries external data that is stored on a different workbook but same computer. It works fine and I haven't had any issues with it. But, now I need to make this workbook easy to send to other users. I would like to consolidate the data and put it on the same workbook with my written queries. I figured it would be easy to do, similar to doing a pivot table on sheet1, and the data source on sheet2. This would make it much easier to send out to all the users so it can find the "data source" every time regardless of who's computer ...

Equivallent method of OnCreateControl for dialog based application..
Hi, I want to know whether there is any method quivallent to CMainFrame::OnCreateControl(LPCREATECONTROLSTRUCT lpCreateControl) for a CDialog derived class ?? Regards, Jigar Jigar Mehta wrote: > Hi, > > I want to know whether there is any method quivallent to > CMainFrame::OnCreateControl(LPCREATECONTROLSTRUCT lpCreateControl) for > a CDialog derived class ?? > > Regards, > Jigar > CMainFrame does not have this method. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] I never heard of this method so far. May be I am dense but I cannot find it even in CDialog. It seems to be...

Generate Chart Based on Cell Values
Hi, I've written a macro to import data points from nearly a hundred workbooks based on inserting cell values into a filename reference. Now, I'd like to take the data points and generate a chart based on 2 criteria (possibly more in the future). The first criteria can be chosen from a list in cell A2. This criteria is a reference to a specific worksheet. The second criteria, which can be chosen from a list in A4, refers to a specific column in a worksheet. So, in essence, i'd like to take two cells, one referring to a worksheet, and another referring to a column and enter ...

Query to find outliers
I have two tables, one table listing names of people who did not receive a gift card and a second table of people who were taxed for the gift cards. Both tables use the name field ( I did not set up the tables but this field is first and last name) in common. I need to find out if there are people on the tax list who did not receive a gift card. So if a name is on the tax list it should not be on the did not receive list. Therefore, they were taxed for the card but never received it. ...

Knowledge Base Articles 05-01-06
We have created, approved and published several Knowledge Base Articles since March yet the Knowledge Base Search does not return any results no matter what we try. Do we need to do something in SQL to turn on full-text indexing? Is there some flag we've missed that enables search functionality? I am able to see the KB articles if I click down through the Subject Browse... I am also able to use the "Advanced Find" with no problems, and I can use the "Article Number Search". The "Title Search", "Keyword Search" and "Full Text Search&quo...

Sorting a query with a twist
I have a query I am trying to create based on another query (inventory) and a table. The inventory query shows the date, shift, Die set and the # of shifts remaining for each die set in inventory. The table has a corresponding date and shift field as well as two more fields that tell me what die set was left in the line at the end of the previous shift and what die set is staged to go in next (again left from the previous shift). When the inventory query is run it tells me what die set has the lowest inventory to the highest. However, the die set with the lowest inventory may not be the one ...