Script for Query-Based DL's

Pardon me if posted in the wrong place.

We are scripting a large amount of OU structures and administration groups
with delegation through dsacls.  This is something that is repeated many
times.  One item that is asked to create is a query-based DL.  Since it would
need to be ran so many times and for consistency I am trying to find if we
can have the script create the Q-B DL's.  I have found scripts for dsacls and
the Q-B DL's but I'm having a hard time finding how to script the creation of
the DL's.  Does anyone know how this would be done?

Thank you,
Michael

How to Restrict Users to view/go to Query Design/Sql mode in MDE/M
I want to secure my Access MDE file so that My users can not go to Design / SQL view of the query. Currently after opening query through command button provided by me on form , any user can press right click button & Go to design/Sql view of the query & fiddle with it. I want to keep enable right click mouse button but disable "Query Design" option. Like for forms & reports design option is not available after creation of MDE file. I am not in a position to use Security & group wizard provided by Access. Please Guide. Thanks . Girish Disabled the default short...

Re: Outlook Attachment Query
Many thanks - 'Attachment Master' did the trick beautifully! Many thanks. ...

VBA query trouble
I think I'm going blind. I have programmed SQL statements many times in the past, and for some reason I simply cannot get anything to work right now... I've reduced my code down to the most basic statement in order to get some kind of error code I can comprehend. My code, at the moment, is: docmd.runsql "Select * from MLS Sales" Can't get much simpler than that. However, when I try to run that command I get an error that says "A RunSQL action requires and argument consisting of an SQL Statement." Originally I did not use the "*"...

How to search a table/query for a date range
I have an Access DB that contain multiple form, queries, tables, and reports. I have one query that containes a various about of information (Name, Title, Hire Date). I have a form created with two text boxes and a command button. The user is suppsed to enter a start date and an end date then press the command button. The employees that fit into the date range get displayed. You do I get this to work? Right now it only didplays all the information. I am tring to get the date ranges to function. On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:59:36 -0800, bzeyger <bzeyger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

Trigger Exchange query AD for mailbox quota changes?
Any tools to trigger exchange server check with AD immediately for a recent change in user mailbox quotas Becox when i changed users mailbox quota (ofcox they have over the limit) it takes half day to reflect the changes. Pushy user always want it take effect immediately I feel your pain. Restarting the store seems to be the only way to make it happen quickly. On Tue, 4 May 2004 14:21:01 -0700, Michael Chan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Any tools to trigger exchange server check with AD immediately for a recent change in user mailbox quotas? >Becox when i cha...

set query crieria by reference of form control in access project
Hi There, I am developing an Access 2007 .adp Project (so really access 2000)d atabase using SQL 2000 as the data backend. I have a subform which contains a combo box where you can select a 'Service'. There is then a subform which contains a combo box where you can select a 'Task' which needs to be filtered according to the 'Service' selected on the previous subform. I then have a third subform which will be used to select 'Products', again using a combo box filtered according to the 'Task' selected. The combo boxes all have a row source which use a ...

Script Signing....
I haven't been keeping up much with powershell lately, I know shame on me... But I have now noticed that I have several scripts that I have written that are stored on our network in a share that are not running. Do I still have to sign my own stuff? I tried using set-executionpolicy to unrestricted. but that doesn't appear to want to work.... What specifically do I need to do. The scripts are only using resources on our network, if I run the scripts interactively (PowerGui Script editor) they work great.... I think the key here is to edit the security zones in IE. I beli...

Sorting mails based on from-field
Outlook 2000: Based on the content of the from-field in received messages I would like to sort the mails into specific folders. It is not only the senders address but the whole content I need to sort. Can I do that using Outlook rules? Example: From: "Some sender ID text <someone@somewhere.xx>" Now I would like to be able to sort based on the complete string. -- PS: The shown e-mail address is invalid, so please answer in the newsgroup. Best regards, Lars O ...

Web Query #3
Is it possible to automatically append an Excel file in web query? In other words I want the next set of data to be written below the first set and continue as long as the data is refreshed while usning web query. I think you would need to copy the query info to another sheet and then amend below that on the next query. You can use a macro to make it automatic. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Paulo" <PWC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:849301c495cb$dfb2c030$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to automatically append an Excel file in...

Report from parameter query with #Error
Hello..I am building a report based on a parameter query. The parameter is a date range. Everything is working correctly except when there are no records in the date range specified. The result is correct...(as there are no records in that date range)...but the parameter text box shows "#Error", instead of the date range specified. I would like that the date range is given and instead of just a blank report, that "No Records Found" is shown. I am at novice level and appreciate all your suggestions. Thank you. (Just to be clear, if a date range is given and there are r...

date range in a query 02-07-08
hello i have the following code in a query [forms]![FORM2]!Between [datein] And [datein2] i am tryng to perform a date range find using the two fields on form2 [datein] and [datein2] but to no avail any ideas! -- Thanks Steve Try this --- Between [forms]![FORM2]![datein] And [forms]![FORM2]![datein2] -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Steve" wrote: > hello i have the following code in a query > [forms]![FORM2]!Between [datein] And [datein2] > > i am tryng to perform a date range find using the two fields on form2 > [datein] and [datein2] but to...

Outlook 2003 startup script error
When I start Outlook 2003 SP2 running on XP Pro SP2, I get an error when the Outlook Today page is displayed: Title: Internet Explorer Script Error Line: 298 Char: 1 Error: Access is denied Code: 0 URL: outlook:today Certainly looks like a IE security settings issue, but I don't know where to look. The computer is part of a corporate domain and I am logged in as a domain user that has local admin rights. I have Restored my Advanced Options to default in IE and it does not help. ...

How to run a date based query for many months
Hello, I have one query based on a parameter "MyDate". I enter a full date ( dd/mm/yyyy french format but no matter ) and the query result is expressed by the month ( yyyy_mm) eg : i enter 25/12/2009 and the result is expressed in 2009_12 I have to run this query for n months before the entered date and 2 months after this date. Is it possible to get a SQL code for this ? Can you help me ? Thanks by anticipation. It would help if you posted the SQL of your query. Also, your requirement as stated is a bit vague. If you enter 25/12/2009 an...

How to reorder columns in a crosstab query
The columns in a crosstab query are generated automatically, and sorted alphabetically, even though the field's data type is Date/time. How do I make the query sort the columns in date order? Thanks. Absolutely correct. This technique works best for crosstabs that will be used for fixed reports. However, you can, and I have, created the query in VBA. If you are doing this, then you can write a query that will return the "dates" that will be selected in your main query. Then just sort them in the order you want them, and add them to the PIVOT clause of the SQL. If you...

two level make table query and sorting???
I am creating a table with a "make table" query. I want to query by customer number than by date of order. I want the customer number to be ascending while the date of order to be descending. I can make the query perform the desired functions but when the table is made the sort order is not like it should be. I want the table to look just like the query. Any advice would help. tcek wrote: >I am creating a table with a "make table" query. I want to query by customer >number than by date of order. I want the customer number to be ascending >while the...

"Urgent" use script to share the workbook
Hi all, I have this case I put the excel file .xls in the server, and use some vba script to protect the workbook and add some validation too, now when the user open this .xls, it copy the workbook to the user local harddisk c:\program file\.....somewhere so when the user save the xls, it only save to its harddisk, not the server one Any professional can tell me what should I do ? It is a urgent case for me >_< Thanks very much Hey man, Consider this. If users did save back to the server (if it let them), it'd overwrite changes made by other users who saved earlier. Have ...

Required field based on 2 conditions
I have a form that has a Close process as follow, when the user select “Won” or “Lost” from the combo box Reason, AwardAmount and AwardTo are required fields. They both need to be filled out by the user. If other options other than “Won” or “Lost” are selected from the Reason combo box, the two fields are not required. I’m having a hard time to write the code; please help. Here the code so far: If Me.Closed = true then ifNz(Reason.won) = 0 then msgBox “this is a required field”, vbInformation, “missing value” cancel = true ifNz(Reason.lost) = 0 then ...

Nested Web Query?
I would like to create a "nested" web query that would display the contents of a web directory (actually a knowledge management system) in MS Excel outline view. For example, row 1 = folder 1 and can be expanded to show the contents of folder 1 (files and folders). It appears that this cannot be done and that each sheet of my spreadsheet will contain a single web query for each folder. (Not efficient since 3 sheets would be needed to show the file at path: folder1/folder2/file.doc.) Any suggestions? Thanks. Hi, cj. Any way of pulling in your data and then using the O...

Sorting based on an expression
Hi, I have a report set up where I've set the grouping and sorting to: Team Name Title Full Name Basically, sorts the report by team, then puts people with the same titles together in alphabetical order. I would like to now keep the same idea, but now sort the people with the same titles in descending order based on the # of hours they've worked. I only show the footer of "Full Name" because I have it sum up data for a period of time and I don't want it to show the individual monthly data. So the value I want to sort is an expression called [Text152] -- it'...

MS Project 2007 queries
To the people who were kind enough to post a reply and that i have confused with my earlier posting i apologise, yes you are quite correct I am considering purchasing MS Project 2007 for my my Planner, we are a small office who are familiar with the basics (on MSP 2000) but have a few queries which are a little more detailed, I hope someone may able to advise on:- 1. Reporting - What are the options for importing and exporting documents and the number of format types, are they clear and easy to learn and use ? 2. Graphs - Is graphical data readily available, are there differin...

carriage return Query
Is it possible to query on a field for records that have a hard return? On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 08:46:01 -0800, Programmer - wannaB wrote: > Is it possible to query on a field for records that have a hard return? As criteria on the field in question, write: InStr([FieldName],chr(13) & chr(10))>0 or you could use: Like "*" & chr(13) & chr(10) & "*" -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail Briliant simply briliant...... Thank you "fredg" wrote: > On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 08:46:01 -0800, Programmer - wan...

Query to get everyone not in table
Here's what I want to do. I have table 1 with staff member's firstname, lastname, and id#. I have table 2 with staff member's entry#, entrydate, and id#. Relationship between table 1 and table 2 through id# w/ referrential integrity. I want to put a query together that I would input a date and retrieve a list of staff member's who do not have an entry on that date. Basically, I want to find out who didn't show up to the meeting on that date. Does anyone have a solution for this? Robin rbuick wrote: >I have table 1 with staff member's firstname, lastname, and...

Transaction on Hold Query
Does anyone know how to query the database to determine the exact time when a Transaction on Hold was recalled. ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.public.pos - 37535 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------## ...

Format a worksheet based on column widths of another ?
Can this be done ? I am importing data form txt files produced by an old dos program and I want every sheet (holding an imported txt file) to have columns the same widths as other shetts I have already formatted. Any help appreciated. Thanks Edition>Copy Edition>Paste special>Column width HTH -- AP "Isis" <isissoftNOSPAM@btinternet.com> a �crit dans le message de news: Xns97C8760B53432ISIS@216.196.109.145... > Can this be done ? > > I am importing data form txt files produced by an old dos program and I > want every sheet (holding an imported txt ...

Hiding rows based on a value
I am looking for a way to hide a row based on the value in a cell. EG: a price list which hides rows where the quantity column is '0' so that when you print it / view it on screen you only see relevant rows. Thanks. Menu Data>Filter>Autofilter and select a value of 0. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:132DD4F9-06F2-4434-97DB-78E5CC4D3505@microsoft.com... > I am looking for a way to hide a row based on the value in a cell. > > EG: a price list which hi...