Screening Attachments

Hi I am looking for a way to screen attachments to email before they hit the user mailbox is there a Microsoft how to on this issue??
0
anonymous (74722)

"Nt3j" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi I am looking for a way to screen attachments to email before they hit the user mailbox is there a Microsoft how to on this issue??

you anti-virus software should be able to do this.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Nt3j wrote:
> Hi I am looking for a way to screen attachments to email before they hit the user mailbox is there a Microsoft how to on this issue??

0
anonymous (74722)

bcc and attachment fields
Is there a way to make the bcc and attachments fields always show up at the top of a new email under the To: , CC:, and Subject fields??? Thanks are you meaning that attachments will not show in the body? I am looking for that answer too. -- Dave M Radeon 9800Pro 256mb P4 2.8 oc to 3.1 "sendhost3000" <sendhost3000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eYXGYYYxDHA.3224@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to make the bcc and attachments fields always show up at the > top of a new email under the To: , CC:, and Subject fields??? > > Thanks > > -----= ...

Outlook 2002 Stationery Attachments
When I send a stationery message in Outook 2002, the message contains the stationery as intended, but also attaches each of the images. If I try to send it using Outlook Express, it does not include attachments, because I was able to find a setting that offers the option to include/not include pictures with messages. Is there a similar setting in Outlook 2002? Or is there another way that I can avoid having the message contain the attachments? Thanks in advance. ...

CWnd::Attach or CWnd::SubclassWindow???
Hi guys, I'm trying to capture WM_SHOWWINDOW (for an example notepad.exe) from another CWnd object. I also want the CWnd object to be deleted away when the targeted CWnd destroys. Apart from using hook, can I achieve it by using CWnd::Attach or CWnd::SubclassWindow? If that's so, which one is a better approach? Thanks in advance. ...

OE Removed Access to Unsafe Attachment
Lately I've been receiving emails with their attachments deleted. There is an error message at the top of these emails that reads "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: <displays filename(s) here>". In most cases, these emails are from trusted senders and I do not wish to have the attachments deleted. Does anyone know a fix for this problem? Jill, I don't know how to fix it but if you press forward you should have access to the attachment. That is the only way so far that I can get to the attachment. Roger >-----Original M...

send to -> email file as pdf attachment
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel In office 2007, there is a send to -&gt; email file as PDF attachment when working on e.g. a spreadsheet, word document etc. In Word for Mac 2008 the only option that exists is a send to -&gt; email as attachment. Are there any add ons or 3rd party products that will embed into the office engine to replicate this functionality? thanks Hi Maglite, There are a couple options: #1, 2008 only: The Standard version has this as a Sample Automator Workflow under the Script menu in Word--send PDF in Entourage. For H...

Excel Word crash after splash screen
After installing OSX10.2.8 and Office 10.1.5 i get the crash after the splash screen. If I remove all of the fonts from the hard disk>library>fonts, it works fine. If I add even one front to the folder (or to the user>name>library>fonts it crashes). I've copied new fonts from other computers to the folder, run Disk Warrior, etc., the only thing that seems to work is removing all the fonts. Unfortunatly I need one unsual font "Orator" that has worked fine up until yesterday... ...

email attachments #26
How do i find my email attachments? When I "save as" I get a path that I then cannot find using Windows Explorer. I applied the information to change the path via regedit and that didn't work. There's no such subdirectory as OLK5D! "DaRose46" <DaRose46@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C2BD49D-90B7-4C7D-8811-30A4975F9168@microsoft.com... > How do i find my email attachments? When I "save as" I get a path that I > then cannot find using Windows Explorer. I applied the information to > change > the path via reged...

my admin users are not shown on the welcome screen
hi. good time. first i delete the last administrator user (not built-in). then i disable the built-in administrator. and i logoff the windows. now i cannot login to widows. please help me, i dont want to re-install windows. good luck. Shirazian wrote: > hi. > good time. > first i delete the last administrator user (not built-in). > then i disable the built-in administrator. > and i logoff the windows. > now i cannot login to widows. > please help me, i dont want to re-install windows. Try logging on to Safe Mode with the Administrator account. To get ...

Printing

Logic Erroe in VBA Code Attached
The following code works except for the IF clause. The idea is to select a range of cells on the active worksheet. Those selected cells contain formulas that are to be encapsulated by another formula. Using the VBA Debugger in Excel 2003, I noted that "Range" in the Dim statement is not in Blue print as are the others like "String." The point of my concern is that the value for myCellRange is "Nothing" according to the debugger. Therefore, the MsgBox and Exit occur. If I comment out the If clause, the Macro works unless I do not select cells with formulas i...

attachments #117
I am unable to download or open most e-mail attachements on Outlook 2007. I get a message: "Report Rendering problem". I get PDFs but thats about it. What can I do to make sure that I receive and can download attachments? >>What can I do to make sure that I receive and can download attachments? To make sure? So it is critical that you receive these attachments? Then don't use a beta application and go back to Outlook 2003. That said, I have no had any problems receiving any attachments in Outlook 2007. Is there any antivirus application that you could stop to se...

Attachments as icon in email
Attchments which I send appear as an icon within my message area. They used to appear in an attachment bar. What have I changed and how do I reset it Please use "Reply to group" only when replying to this post Thanks Sam Where the attachment is placed is dependant on the message format, Rich Text and the attachment is within the body, Plain and HTML in its own field. "SamH" <replies@landscapeuk.f9.co.uk> wrote in message news:eIg7i7K5DHA.2404@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Attchments which I send appear as an icon within my message area. They used > to appear ...

"oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments" ?????
apparently outlook express is not allowing me to open attachments it deems as unsafe. i can't open trusted email attachments. how can i turn this off? In news:045101c36126$7eab8f90$a601280a@phx.gbl, jz13 <jz13@pacbell.net> typed: > apparently outlook express is not allowing me to open > attachments it deems as unsafe. i can't open trusted email > attachments. how can i turn this off? Outlook Express does this by default, for any file type which *can* contain a virus. It's not a virus checker, doesn't actually check the attachments, and this doesn't mean...

Incoming mail with attachment
how do I eliminate previews of attachments when I first open the mail? mposble <mposble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do I eliminate previews of attachments when I first open the mail? Outlook doesn't show attachments in the Reading Pane. Please describe what you mean. Include your version of Outlook and account type in the description. -- Brian Tillman ...

Print email message with list of attachments

Receiving critical attachments
I have an attachment issue for a client of mine. They must recieve a payroll file in .pdf format weekly from the same e-mail address. This is an SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 S P3 set up. The e-mails are getting bounced back to the originator without the attachments being separated into the default attachment folder I set up for evaluation and viral testing. Is their a way I can define the e-mail address, ISP hosting address of originator or the attachment itself to let it through. I am also running Intelligent Message Filtering set to 8. We had a bout with significant spam not long ago a...

attachment saved to web folder
More major issues w/Office 2003. I saved a visio file in 2002 format, sent a link creating a doc workspace on a WSS site, and the stupid thing built a nice workspace *BUT NO DOCUMENT* in it. So I uploaded the file manually to the workspace, and one of the recipients (Office/Visio 2002 client) cannot open it or "discuss" it. And I can't seem to create versions. Anybody else find the "easy to use Office 03" this stressful to use, and this hard to get to interoperate? ...

Exchange 2003 and attachment blocking
I use ISA 2000 and Exchange 2003. Is there a way to block file attachments that come in with emails at the server level? I dont want to use any third party software. Thanks hi The Anti virus program can do that, if you dont have any antivirus on your server, my advice is to install Trend Micro - Scan Mail Regards, Shai Netanel If my answer help you please click "YES" "Jeff" wrote: > I use ISA 2000 and Exchange 2003. Is there a way to block > file attachments that come in with emails at the server > level? > I dont want to use any third party software...

block attachments to cc
how do you block attachments to people who are cc'ed? ...

OL2002 Copying attachments
We have a user that is trying to copy attachments from one email and paste them into a new email. He opens the original email that included the attachment, right-clicks on the attachment, selects copy. He then opens a new mail message and positions the mouse on the body of the email, right-clicks, and selects paste. Nothing happens. I have tried this on my machine and don't have any problems. He informed me that it used to work for him but quit. Our helpdesk has tried re-installing Office XP on his machine to fix the problem but that hasn't solved this issue. He gets around the proble...

Attachments are being sent without file extensions
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hello Everyone, For some reason I'm having users send files that don't have file extensions. This is a big problem, as I know Mac OS X embeds file type into the actual file, windows does not and none of our clients can read these files because it doesn't have a file extension! Is there anyway I can make it so all Office applications save the filename+filext? Please help!!! On 4/30/08 12:26 PM, in article ee9a20a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "UltraSPARC@officeformac.com" <UltraSPARC@officeformac....

Outlook blocks access to potential unsafe attachments
I am running Outlook 2003 and have received an email with an attachment, (an ..exe file), which is safe but Outlook won't let me access it or save the attachment. It says that it has blocked the potentially unsafe attachment. How can I unblock this attachment. Kind regards, PK. Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clear to the bone and Pat K said > I am running Outlook 2003 and have received an email with an > attachment, (an .exe file), which is safe but Outlook won't let me > access it or save the attachment. It says that it has blocked the > potentially unsa...

Outlook freezes when opening e-mail w/attachment
I have Office 2003, and my Outlook seems to freeze with disturbing frequency when I'm opening an e-mail that includes an attachment. I can use the "repair office" utility in the add/remove programs control panel, restart, and open Outlook and get the e-mail to open right, but it's only a matter of time before it happens again. If I open Outlook again after I do the repair but before restarting, it freezes immediately, and after I restart Outlook prompts me to run in Safe Mode. I wish I could run in Safe Mode all the time! My operating system is Windows XP Profes...

Excel hyperlinks without screen tips
I vould like to make hyperlinks without any kind of screen tips, automatic or with my text, between Excel workbooks! morcoff Right-click on hyperlink and Edit Hyperlink. Top right of dialog find "Screen Tip" button. Click on and enter a <space> or your text in the box. That will be the screen tip for that cell or cells if more than one was selected to Edit. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:49:06 -0800, "morcoff" <morcoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I vould like to make hyperlinks without any kind of screen tips, automatic or >w...

capturing and setting screen resolution in VBA
Is there a way to capture the user's screen resolution, and then set it to a different value in VBA? I have tried unsuccessfully to get all of my users to set their monitor resolution no lower than 1024 x 768, but there are some holdouts that insist on keeping theirs at 800 x 600. Some of them still have 17" monitors, and with that limited amount viewing area, it's difficult to design the forms small enough that they don't have to scroll around to view the entire form. If it were possible to capture and reset the screen resolution, I would first check to see if they&#...