Schedule Free/Bush with Exchange 2003/2007

We have a Ex2003 and Ex2007 servers.

Outlook 2007 users connected to Exchange 2007 have no problem seeing +fb
info of users on 2007 or 2003 servers

But Outlook 2003 users connected to Exchange 2003 can not see the +fb info
of Exchange 2007 users...

In ESM 2003, I've added a replica to the Sched+fb in system public folders,
but I think that is only for the reverse situation.

Can someone give me an idea where else to look?

Thanks
Craig

0
Craig

Make sure that all free-busy folders have replicas on both servers.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Craig" <craigm@comcast.net> wrote in message
> We have a Ex2003 and Ex2007 servers.
>
> Outlook 2007 users connected to Exchange 2007 have no problem seeing +fb
> info of users on 2007 or 2003 servers
>
> But Outlook 2003 users connected to Exchange 2003 can not see the +fb info
> of Exchange 2007 users...
>

> In ESM 2003, I've added a replica to the Sched+fb in system public
> folders, but I think that is only for the reverse situation.
>
> Can someone give me an idea where else to look?
>
> Thanks
> Craig

0
Ed
12/16/2009 8:56:31 AM
The free-busy folders of EX:ORG2003 has a replica of SERVER2003 AND
SERVER2007
and  EX:Exchange Administrative Group has the same.

Thanks for the reply,
Craig

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Make sure that all free-busy folders have replicas on both servers.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> .
>
> "Craig" <craigm@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> We have a Ex2003 and Ex2007 servers.
>>
>> Outlook 2007 users connected to Exchange 2007 have no problem seeing +fb
>> info of users on 2007 or 2003 servers
>>
>> But Outlook 2003 users connected to Exchange 2003 can not see the +fb
>> info of Exchange 2007 users...
>>

>> In ESM 2003, I've added a replica to the Sched+fb in system public
>> folders, but I think that is only for the reverse situation.
>>
>> Can someone give me an idea where else to look?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Craig

0
Craig
12/16/2009 1:36:01 PM
Ensure that replication is taking place.  Do the folders on both servers
show approximately the same number of items and folder size?  Is there
anything in the Exchange 2007 administrative group's free-busy folder?

Outlook 2007 users connected to Exchange 2007 use the availability service,
a web service, which looks not at the free-busy data in the public folder
but directly in the calendar of the users.

Older Outlook versions, and all users with mailboxes on Exchange 2003
servers look to the system public folder for free-busy data.  If they can't
find the data, it's either because it isn't published in the system folder
or the system folder hasn't replicated.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

> The free-busy folders of EX:ORG2003 has a replica of SERVER2003 AND
> SERVER2007
> and  EX:Exchange Administrative Group has the same.
>
> Thanks for the reply,
> Craig
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> Make sure that all free-busy folders have replicas on both servers.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley MVP
>> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
>> .
>>
>> "Craig" <craigm@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> We have a Ex2003 and Ex2007 servers.
>>>
>>> Outlook 2007 users connected to Exchange 2007 have no problem seeing +fb
>>> info of users on 2007 or 2003 servers
>>>
>>> But Outlook 2003 users connected to Exchange 2003 can not see the +fb
>>> info of Exchange 2007 users...
>>>

>>> In ESM 2003, I've added a replica to the Sched+fb in system public
>>> folders, but I think that is only for the reverse situation.
>>>
>>> Can someone give me an idea where else to look?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Craig

0
Ed
12/16/2009 5:02:05 PM
I don't believe anything from EX2007 is in the public folder...this is what
I see under the folder status....

EX:/o=domain/ou=ex2003

ex2003                            Publc Folder Store             100
137          12/15/2009               12/3/2009
Public folder database      Public Folder Database

EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group

ex2003                            Public Folder Store                1
1            12/15/2009                12/16/2009

> Ensure that replication is taking place.  Do the folders on both servers
> show approximately the same number of items and folder size?  Is there
> anything in the Exchange 2007 administrative group's free-busy folder?
>
> Outlook 2007 users connected to Exchange 2007 use the availability
> service, a web service, which looks not at the free-busy data in the
> public folder but directly in the calendar of the users.
>
> Older Outlook versions, and all users with mailboxes on Exchange 2003
> servers look to the system public folder for free-busy data.  If they
> can't find the data, it's either because it isn't published in the system
> folder or the system folder hasn't replicated.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> .
>
> "Craig" <craigm@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> The free-busy folders of EX:ORG2003 has a replica of SERVER2003 AND
>> SERVER2007
>> and  EX:Exchange Administrative Group has the same.
>>
>> Thanks for the reply,
>> Craig
>>
>> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message
>>> Make sure that all free-busy folders have replicas on both servers.
>>> --
>>> Ed Crowley MVP
>>> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
>>> .
>>>
>>> "Craig" <craigm@comcast.net> wrote in message

0
Craig
12/16/2009 6:59:23 PM
Is that the full listing?  If so, I don't see the Exchange 2007
administrative group, which is "Exchange Administrative Group
(FYDIBOHF25SPDLT)".  Where did you observe this public folder status?

On the Exchange 2007 server issue this PowerShell command:

Get-PublicFolderStatistics

and see if you have any Exchange 2007 folders, and see whether you're seeing
a replication of the hierarchy.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

>I don't believe anything from EX2007 is in the public folder...this is what
>I see under the folder status....
>
> EX:/o=domain/ou=ex2003
>
> ex2003                            Publc Folder Store             100 137
> 12/15/2009               12/3/2009
> Public folder database      Public Folder Database
>
> EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group
>
> ex2003                            Public Folder Store                1 1
> 12/15/2009                12/16/2009
> Public Folder Database    Public Folder Database
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> Ensure that replication is taking place.  Do the folders on both servers
>> show approximately the same number of items and folder size?  Is there
>> anything in the Exchange 2007 administrative group's free-busy folder?
>>
>> Outlook 2007 users connected to Exchange 2007 use the availability
>> service, a web service, which looks not at the free-busy data in the
>> public folder but directly in the calendar of the users.
>>
>> Older Outlook versions, and all users with mailboxes on Exchange 2003
>> servers look to the system public folder for free-busy data.  If they
>> can't find the data, it's either because it isn't published in the system
>> folder or the system folder hasn't replicated.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley MVP
>> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
>> .
>>
>> "Craig" <craigm@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> The free-busy folders of EX:ORG2003 has a replica of SERVER2003 AND
>>> SERVER2007
>>> and  EX:Exchange Administrative Group has the same.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the reply,
>>> Craig
>>>
>>> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message

0
Ed
12/16/2009 9:43:32 PM
That info came from the 2003 ESM...but the Exchange Administrative Group was
about halfway down that last message.
Here is the output of the get-publicfolderstatistics

Name                                     ItemCount
LastAccessTime
EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrativ... 1
12/15/2009 9:28:17 PM
EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrativ... 0
12/15/2009 9:46:13 PM
EX:/o=domain/ou=ex2003                           137
12/15/2009 8:43:28 PM
Internet Newsgroups                                     0
12/15/2009 9:46:27 PM

> Is that the full listing?  If so, I don't see the Exchange 2007
> administrative group, which is "Exchange Administrative Group
> (FYDIBOHF25SPDLT)".  Where did you observe this public folder status?
>
> On the Exchange 2007 server issue this PowerShell command:
>
> Get-PublicFolderStatistics
>
> and see if you have any Exchange 2007 folders, and see whether you're
> seeing a replication of the hierarchy.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> .
>
> "Craig" <craigm@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I don't believe anything from EX2007 is in the public folder...this is
>>what I see under the folder status....
>>
>> EX:/o=domain/ou=ex2003
>>
>> ex2003                            Publc Folder Store             100 137
>> 12/15/2009               12/3/2009
>> Public folder database      Public Folder Database
>>
>> EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group
>>
>> ex2003                            Public Folder Store                1 1
>> 12/15/2009                12/16/2009
>> Public Folder Database    Public Folder Database
>>
>> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message
>>> Ensure that replication is taking place.  Do the folders on both servers
>>> show approximately the same number of items and folder size?  Is there
>>> anything in the Exchange 2007 administrative group's free-busy folder?
>>>
>>> Outlook 2007 users connected to Exchange 2007 use the availability
>>> service, a web service, which looks not at the free-busy data in the
>>> public folder but directly in the calendar of the users.
>>>
>>> Older Outlook versions, and all users with mailboxes on Exchange 2003
>>> servers look to the system public folder for free-busy data.  If they
>>> can't find the data, it's either because it isn't published in the
>>> system folder or the system folder hasn't replicated.
>>> --
>>> Ed Crowley MVP
>>> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
>>> .
>>>
>>> "Craig" <craigm@comcast.net> wrote in message

0
Craig
12/16/2009 9:59:02 PM
Okay, it does appear that you have a replicated hierarchy.  That's good.

Please try this:

Get-PublicFolderStatistics | fl Name,ItemCount

so we can see the full names.

Then check to see if you can see all of those folders in the Public Folder
Instances node of the Exchange 2003 server in Exchange System Manager, and
verify that the item counts are approximately equal.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

> That info came from the 2003 ESM...but the Exchange Administrative Group
> was about halfway down that last message.
> Here is the output of the get-publicfolderstatistics
>

> Name                                     ItemCount LastAccessTime

0
Ed
12/16/2009 10:11:21 PM
Hi Ed, here is the output....What I see in ESM 2003 is what I posted
earlier, which I believe is the same.

Name      : EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
ItemCount : 1

Name      : EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
ItemCount : 0

Name      : EX:/o=domain/ou=ex2003
ItemCount : 137

Name      : Internet Newsgroups
ItemCount : 0
> Okay, it does appear that you have a replicated hierarchy.  That's good.
>
> Please try this:
>
> Get-PublicFolderStatistics | fl Name,ItemCount
>
> so we can see the full names.
>
> Then check to see if you can see all of those folders in the Public Folder
> Instances node of the Exchange 2003 server in Exchange System Manager, and
> verify that the item counts are approximately equal.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> .
>
> "Craig" <craigm@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> That info came from the 2003 ESM...but the Exchange Administrative Group
>> was about halfway down that last message.
>> Here is the output of the get-publicfolderstatistics
>>

>> Name                                     ItemCount LastAccessTime

0
Craig
12/17/2009 4:02:30 AM
I'm not sure what I'm seeing so I need you to run this:

Get-PublicFolderStatistics | fl FolderPath,ItemCount

Thanks.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

> Hi Ed, here is the output....What I see in ESM 2003 is what I posted
> earlier, which I believe is the same.
>
> Name      : EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group
> (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
> ItemCount : 1
>
> Name      : EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group
> (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
> ItemCount : 0
>
> Name      : EX:/o=domain/ou=ex2003
> ItemCount : 137
>
> Name      : Internet Newsgroups
> ItemCount : 0
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> Okay, it does appear that you have a replicated hierarchy.  That's good.
>>
>> Please try this:
>>
>> Get-PublicFolderStatistics | fl Name,ItemCount
>>
>> so we can see the full names.
>>
>> Then check to see if you can see all of those folders in the Public
>> Folder Instances node of the Exchange 2003 server in Exchange System
>> Manager, and verify that the item counts are approximately equal.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley MVP
>> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
>> .
>>
>> "Craig" <craigm@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> That info came from the 2003 ESM...but the Exchange Administrative Group
>>> was about halfway down that last message.
>>> Here is the output of the get-publicfolderstatistics
>>>

>>> Name                                     ItemCount LastAccessTime
>>> ----                                     ---------
>>>   --------------
>>> EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrativ... 1 12/15/2009 9:28:17 PM
>>> EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrativ... 0 12/15/2009 9:46:13 PM
>>> EX:/o=domain/ou=ex2003                           137 12/15/2009 8:43:28
>>> PM
>>> Internet Newsgroups                                     0 12/15/2009
>>> 9:46:27 PM
>>>
>>> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message

0
Ed
12/17/2009 7:38:23 PM
Ok, here is that info:

FolderPath : SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY\EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrative
Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
ItemCount  : 1

FolderPath : OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK\EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrative
Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
ItemCount  : 0

FolderPath : SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY\EX:/o=domain/ou=ex2003
ItemCount  : 137

FolderPath : Internet Newsgroups
ItemCount  : 0
> I'm not sure what I'm seeing so I need you to run this:
>
> Get-PublicFolderStatistics | fl FolderPath,ItemCount
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> .
>
> "Craig" <craigm@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Hi Ed, here is the output....What I see in ESM 2003 is what I posted
>> earlier, which I believe is the same.
>>
>> Name      : EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group
>> (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
>> ItemCount : 1
>>
>> Name      : EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group
>> (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
>> ItemCount : 0
>>
>> Name      : EX:/o=domain/ou=ex2003
>> ItemCount : 137
>>
>> Name      : Internet Newsgroups
>> ItemCount : 0
>> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message
>>> Okay, it does appear that you have a replicated hierarchy.  That's good.
>>>
>>> Please try this:
>>>
>>> Get-PublicFolderStatistics | fl Name,ItemCount
>>>
>>> so we can see the full names.
>>>
>>> Then check to see if you can see all of those folders in the Public
>>> Folder Instances node of the Exchange 2003 server in Exchange System
>>> Manager, and verify that the item counts are approximately equal.
>>> --
>>> Ed Crowley MVP
>>> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
>>> .
>>>
>>> "Craig" <craigm@comcast.net> wrote in message

0
Craig
12/17/2009 9:11:50 PM
There is no Exchange 2007 free-busy data.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

> Ok, here is that info:
>
> FolderPath : SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY\EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrative
> Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
> ItemCount  : 1
>
> FolderPath : OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK\EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrative
> Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
> ItemCount  : 0
>
> FolderPath : SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY\EX:/o=domain/ou=ex2003
> ItemCount  : 137
>
> FolderPath : Internet Newsgroups
> ItemCount  : 0
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> I'm not sure what I'm seeing so I need you to run this:
>>
>> Get-PublicFolderStatistics | fl FolderPath,ItemCount
>>
>> Thanks.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley MVP
>> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
>> .
>>
>> "Craig" <craigm@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Hi Ed, here is the output....What I see in ESM 2003 is what I posted
>>> earlier, which I believe is the same.
>>>
>>> Name      : EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group
>>> (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
>>> ItemCount : 1
>>>
>>> Name      : EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group
>>> (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
>>> ItemCount : 0
>>>
>>> Name      : EX:/o=domain/ou=ex2003
>>> ItemCount : 137
>>>
>>> Name      : Internet Newsgroups
>>> ItemCount : 0
>>> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message

0
Ed
12/18/2009 5:26:40 AM
So how do I figure out why Exchange 2007 is not posting the FB data to the
public folers?

> There is no Exchange 2007 free-busy data.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> .
>
> "Craig" <craigm@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Ok, here is that info:
>>
>> FolderPath : SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY\EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrative
>> Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
>> ItemCount  : 1
>>
>> FolderPath : OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK\EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrative
>> Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
>> ItemCount  : 0
>>
>> FolderPath : SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY\EX:/o=domain/ou=ex2003
>> ItemCount  : 137
>>
>> FolderPath : Internet Newsgroups
>> ItemCount  : 0
>> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message
>>> I'm not sure what I'm seeing so I need you to run this:
>>>
>>> Get-PublicFolderStatistics | fl FolderPath,ItemCount
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>> --
>>> Ed Crowley MVP
>>> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
>>> .
>>>
>>> "Craig" <craigm@comcast.net> wrote in message

0
Craig
12/18/2009 3:04:01 PM
I have a question....Assuming following these rules:

a.. Regardless of the Outlook version, any Exchange 2003 mailbox user will
publish Free/Busy data to the Public Folders
a.. Regardless of the server version, any Outlook 2003 or earlier client
will publish Free/Busy data to the Public Folders, and read Free/Busy data
from the Public Folders
a.. Outlook 2007 clients on Exchange 2007 mailbox servers will query the
Availability Service for Free/Busy data
a.. The Availability Service retrieves Free/Busy data directly from Exchange
2007 mailboxes, and from Public Folders for Exchange 2003 mailboxes

Where will Outlook 2007 clients on Exchange 2003 mailboxes get the Free/Busy
data from for a user who is on a Exchange 2007 mailbox?

If the answer to that is "They  should Query the Availability Services on
the 2007 server", then my problem lies somewhere within that query.

Craig

>"Craig" <craigm@comcast.net> wrote in message
> So how do I figure out why Exchange 2007 is not posting the FB data to the
> public folers?
>

> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> There is no Exchange 2007 free-busy data.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley MVP
>> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
>> .
>>
>> "Craig" <craigm@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Ok, here is that info:
>>>
>>> FolderPath : SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY\EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrative
>>> Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
>>> ItemCount  : 1
>>>
>>> FolderPath : OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK\EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange
>>> Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
>>> ItemCount  : 0
>>>
>>> FolderPath : SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY\EX:/o=domain/ou=ex2003
>>> ItemCount  : 137
>>>
>>> FolderPath : Internet Newsgroups
>>> ItemCount  : 0
>>> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message

0
Craig
12/18/2009 7:20:48 PM
I just realized that this can not be the case, because my Outlook 2003 users
also can not see the s+fb info of Outlook 2007 users on Exchange 2007.

So the question remains...For Outlook 2007 users on Exchange 2007, how would
the s+fb info get in the public folders for the Outlook clients on Exchange
2003 to see?

Thanks!

>I have a question....Assuming following these rules:
>
> a.. Regardless of the Outlook version, any Exchange 2003 mailbox user will
> publish Free/Busy data to the Public Folders
> a.. Regardless of the server version, any Outlook 2003 or earlier client
> will publish Free/Busy data to the Public Folders, and read Free/Busy data
> from the Public Folders
> a.. Outlook 2007 clients on Exchange 2007 mailbox servers will query the
> Availability Service for Free/Busy data
> a.. The Availability Service retrieves Free/Busy data directly from
> Exchange 2007 mailboxes, and from Public Folders for Exchange 2003
> mailboxes
>
> Where will Outlook 2007 clients on Exchange 2003 mailboxes get the
> Free/Busy data from for a user who is on a Exchange 2007 mailbox?
>
> If the answer to that is "They  should Query the Availability Services on
> the 2007 server", then my problem lies somewhere within that query.
>
> Craig
>

>>"Craig" <craigm@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> So how do I figure out why Exchange 2007 is not posting the FB data to
>> the public folers?
>>

>> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message
>>> There is no Exchange 2007 free-busy data.
>>> --
>>> Ed Crowley MVP
>>> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
>>> .
>>>
>>> "Craig" <craigm@comcast.net> wrote in message

0
Craig

Sending a Publisher 2003 Newsletter in an email.
I'd like to send a newsletter I created using publisher in an email. I've tried a few different ways to do it but I'm not satisfied. I've tried to save it as a picture and insert it into Word and then put it in my email but it looses quality. I've tried to save it as a web publication but it won't keep the pictures I have in my newsletter. Any help or suggestions would be great. K.V.O. wrote: > I'd like to send a newsletter I created using publisher in an email. > I've tried a few different ways to do it but I'm not satisfied. I've > ...

Exchange Rate Feeds
Can anyone recommend a reputable data feed service for Exchange Rates? We are looking to use a web service to pull the necessary rates and then populate the MC00100 table. We have researched sites like Xignite, but they use more "Broker" rates rather than daily rates such as Bank of Canada, etc. Thanks, Bryan ------=_NextPart_0001_F7543633 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Bryan, We don't really have any recommendations on a Web Service to retrieve exchange rates. I would say a partner/ISV would have better insight on what you are looking for in...

Voting Buttons Tracking Not Working (Outlook 2003)
I've seen some replies to this question/problem but for me it did not work when trying the Form Publish. Is there anything else I can do? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice XML/XSL VB Tester http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5ab62461-e3bc-4e21-9b2c-13f77a74daff/xmlxsl-vb-tester.aspx Replies to what question/problem? Describe what you're seeing in detail. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 <murray gree...

No PocketPC support in 2007?!?
Lame!!!! Where is the official place to go to send MS some feedback on the lack of PocketPC support for 2007? "Matt Miladen" <Matt Miladen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF9E7EFB-8C6B-4DA5-B1BA-798F5527DF0B@microsoft.com... > Lame!!!! > > Where is the official place to go to send MS some feedback on the lack of > PocketPC support for 2007? LOL I don't know if you even want to try, Matt. I tried and got some "lame" spiel back from a CSR that WinMob5 was an OEM product and that I'd have to go to the OEM for support. ...

Newsgroups in Outlook 2003 #3
I know this sounds stupid, but I cannot find out how to get my newsgroups integrated with Office 2003 Can anyone send me the directions [ eg. files ->...]? Thanks //Andreas You cannot. Newsgroups require Outlook Express to read. "Andreas" <andreas_skjaemt@privat.tele.dk> wrote in message news:BD4EFDCB-2B33-47F1-A91C-F9BDAD8231D0@microsoft.com... > I know this sounds stupid, but I cannot find out how to get my newsgroups integrated with Office 2003. > > Can anyone send me the directions [ eg. files ->...]?? > > Thanks! > > //Andreas Is that a n...

Problem With Front End Server Exchange 2003
i m running exchange 2003 Stan on server 2003. i got Error message on my screen There is no RPC-HTTP Front-end in your exchange Organization. There Must be at Lease on RPC-HTTP Front-end Server in the organization before the RPC-HTTp back and serve. so how can i configuration RPCHTTP Front End www.microsoft.com/exchange On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 08:11:04 -0800, dua <dua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i m running exchange 2003 Stan on server 2003. >i got Error message on my screen >There is no RPC-HTTP Front-end in your exchange Organization. There Must be >at Lease on R...

from access 97 to 2003
I am after converting a database, in work, from access 97 to 2003. I am on work experience and i have to get this done soon. In the conversion error table. i got error - 1611: Could not find field 'Description'. I know this might be basic but i am only a student and learning. Please copuld ye help. What does this mean???????? "Eoin" <jtleb@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am after converting a database, in work, from access 97 >to 2003. I am on work experience and i have to get this >done soon. In the conversion error table. i got error - >1611: Could not find...

Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in Set Program Access and Defaults
I just installed Office 2007 Pro but for some reason Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in my "set program access and defaults". Outlook Express appears as my only option and Outlook Express appears in the e- mail slot on my start menu. Any ideas why? You must uninstall any prior version of Outlook and re-run setup using a = custom installation and make Outlook available. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching...

Public Folders on Exchange 2003
We ran through the deployment tools and have linked a new Exchange 2003 server to an existing Exchange 5.5 server. We used pfmigrate to create public folder replicas on our target server, the Exchange 2003 server. We have not yet run the command to remove the replicated public folders from our source server (Exchange 5.5 server). Is it true that we would only run this step once we are ready to decommission our Exchange 5.5 server? How do I verify that the folders actually exist on our Exchange 2003 server? The reason I ask is that we are doing backup of our Exchange 2003 server wi...

Problems with calendar in 2003
Until a few days ago, when I chose the Calendar button at the bottom of my navigation pane, my calendar used to appear. Now I only get a list of all the appointments etc I have put in my calendar with headings such as Subject, Location, Start, End, Recurrence Pattern. what have I done wrong and how do I get my calendar to again appear when I click on the Calendar button? TIA Liz J <thejordanschangethistoanatsignclara.net> wrote: > Until a few days ago, when I chose the Calendar button at the bottom > of my navigation pane, my calendar used to appear. Now I only get a &g...

Exchange Rate on Bank Transfer
Is there a way to modify the exchange rate on a bank transfer in the bank transfer screen? It seems I have to enter the Exchange Rate tables and modify the system wide exchange rate. What if the exchange rate for one transaction is different from that of another (since I have multiple bank accounts)? Adam, You can always change the exchange rate on the foreign currency checkbook whether you are transferring from or to it. If the exchange rate does not exist for the date of the transaction, the system will prompt you for a valid exchange rate depending on whether your exchange rates ar...

Leave copies on server with Exchange 2003
Hi all, I have a user who normally connects to an exchange server in the office, but he likes to connect to his mail box via pop3 on his phone/pda when out and about. The trouble is that the pda downloads his entire mailbox every time and removes them from his inbox on the server, even when 'Leave a copy on the server' is checked. I've tested this in the office using Outlook Express to confirm that this is happening. How can I have the server leave a copy of everything in the exchange mialbox, while sending new items to the device which requests them? Many thanks, Garet...

ASP.NET and Exchange on a domain controller
Hi all I am trying to install Exchange 2003 for testing purposes on a Windows 2003 domain controller box. Whenever I get to the point of enabling ASP.NET on IIS Manager it does not appear there even though ASP.NET is installed on the system. I have gone through the Technet Article 315158. It says in the article that the problem has been fixed with the 1.1 >Net framework. As far as I can tell I do have this version of .Net but still have no joy. ANy help would be greatly appreciated Cheers Isaac de Abreu Johannesburg - South Africa ...

Exchange 2003 / Outlook XP How to lock down email format / colour and disable signatures
My boss wants a uniform email look for everyone throughout the organisation, as users are using bizarre colours for email backgrounds, unusual fonts, and their own personal signatures. To create a standard signature for users using information from AD, I believe there are 2 ways: either create an event sink using a VB script (I dont know how to do do this, so I won't be trying); or use a third party application like Exclaimer (BTW is there a good alternative to this - I have a quote for this but it is pretty damn expensive for what it does). To prevent users from using their own signatur...

Exchange 5.5 and SMTP Authentication for IMS
We're using Exchange 5.5 internally. To date, all email has been forwarded to our web hosting company using their IP address (the Forward all messages to host option in the Message Delivery section of the Connections tab in IMS). We're switching hosting companies and the new one requires SMTP authentication. Is there a place to specify those credentials in Exchange 5.5? Is SASL under the Security tab where I would set these? Thanks. ...

Grace period expired on sbs 2003 to sbs 2008 migration.
I ran my first 2003 to 2008 migration and everything went slowly but smoothly. I didn't quite finish the migration. All I had left was to uninstall exchange 2003 and demote the 2003 server. I got tied up out of town and lost track of this project and now I'm in a situation where the 21 day grace period is expired and I need to finish the migration because the source server is shutting off and taking exchange and the other services with it. Is there anything I can do to finish this project short of a reinstall? Any advice is appreciated greatly! scott <sco...

Old servers showing up in "Create an exchange mailbox" wizard.
Greetings, I have a customer who removed some Exchange 5.5 servers in an usual fashion, and as such I removed them from the ORG by using ADSIEDIT to delete them. The problem is these mailbox servers are still showing up as target options in the create a new mailbox selection wizard. How can I clear these dead and gone servers from this list? The SRS databases and ADC are long gone, and the enviornment is native mode 2003. Also I thought at one point making a server a front-end server made it not show up in this list. I see all their front-end servers in this list, so I am guess my recollectio...

Win 2003 SBS and Terminal service
Hi, I installed win 2003 SBS and after that, I can't acess it throught remote desktop( I tried 127.0.0.1 and localhost and pc name), and trying to browser avaialbe terminal server, said no terminal server found. Can someone pls help me? Thanks... SBS2003 does not have Terminal Services for Clients (Like SBS2000 had) However it does allow up to 2 remote RDP Connections for administration only. (I use this in a shadow/training type situation.) When you are Trying to use 127.0.0.1 you are essentially trying to connect to yourself? On the No Terminal Server found comme...

free ad guru ebook
Dear friend, Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this, so you can be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. People are going mad for it. When the news was re...

Where do I get Visio 2003 electronics template?
On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 13:06:52 -0800, splendidbcpgm <splendidbcpgm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Where do I get Visio 2003 electronics template? Would you like to have a look at my http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ http://www.electrical.sandrila.co.uk/ http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

Access 97 to Access 2003 DataBase conversion 08-30-07
Hi, We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using MUI Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of an ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when using: DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter A selection on a name like "Cot�" will return no record. Asking for "Cote" will return all records including "Cot�". I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find any recommandation at Microsoft. Thanks. "Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com>...

Exchange Tool
getting this error in MSextmx.log when running Version 2 of the tool Please login to profile with admim privilges. Unable find mailbox timezone: error:0x80004005 The user I am logged onto and using OL has full permissions and send as on all the mailboxes in the exchange. Any thoughts, Thank you in advance. sometimes you just have to manually enter the server name and timezone yourself, it should look like this: /O=myorg/OU=my1admingroup/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=sid myserver Mountain Standard Time "WILDPACKET" wrote: > > getting this error in MSextmx.log when running V...

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

AOL to Outlook 2003, transfer contacts and favorites, help?
Moving from 7 years of AOL service to a new ISP and using Outlook 2003 now. How do I avoid having to copy/paste hundreds of contacts one at a time from my AOL address book to Outlook. Also have lots of 'favorites' on AOL I would like to keep... Jakfrost "Jakfrost" <Jakfrost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:924061C2-70C6-45DE-BA7D-9533902A9783@microsoft.com... > Moving from 7 years of AOL service to a new ISP and using Outlook 2003 > now. > How do I avoid having to copy/paste hundreds of contacts one at a time > from > my AOL addres...

Configure single Outlook 2003 Account to try multiple outgoing servers?
Is there a way to configure a single Outlook 2003 account to try different SMTP servers for Outgoing mail? I log in from two different locations, and both are behind firewalls. And from each location I can't get to the other SMTP server to send my mail. To get around this, I've created two Outlook accounts to use. One for each location. But this is not a good solution, because I have to remember to use the correct account, and it's easy to make a mistake. ....When I do, the outgoing mail very quietly sits in my Outbox, and doesn't get sent. People get very upset at me for ...