SBS 2000, Exchange won't allow me to change primary account

We've got an SBS 2k setup and have several email addresses (abc.org,
abc.com, abc.co.uk, etc.) for each client. SBS was set up using the
abc.org setup with the others as secondary addresses for each user.
All mail can be received on any email address so that side of things
is working fine.

However, we'd rather have the primary to be abc.com. Unfortunately, I
can no longer seem to be able to select a different 'Primary' account.
The option to change is there and the dialog boxes allow me to go
through the procedure and appears to have succeeded at the end of the
process but if I click back into the dialog box, I see that everything
is back the way it was.

This is driving me nuts. There are no error messages in the event
viewer. Everything appears to be running fine except this.
Please help,

  Dale Walker       London Techno Events   Saiko!
  dale@sorted.org   london@sorted.org      saiko@sorted.org
  London, UK        london.sorted.org      saiko.sorted.org
0
dale7205 (9)

Hi Dale,

Have you tried setting the primary address in the Recipient Update Policy?

--
Regards,

Marina
Microsoft SBS-MVP

"Dale Walker" <dale@sorted.org> schreef in bericht
> We've got an SBS 2k setup and have several email addresses (abc.org,
> abc.com, abc.co.uk, etc.) for each client. SBS was set up using the
> abc.org setup with the others as secondary addresses for each user.
> All mail can be received on any email address so that side of things
> is working fine.
>
> However, we'd rather have the primary to be abc.com. Unfortunately, I
> can no longer seem to be able to select a different 'Primary' account.
> The option to change is there and the dialog boxes allow me to go
> through the procedure and appears to have succeeded at the end of the
> process but if I click back into the dialog box, I see that everything
> is back the way it was.
>
> This is driving me nuts. There are no error messages in the event
> viewer. Everything appears to be running fine except this.
> Please help,

>   Dale Walker       London Techno Events   Saiko!
>   dale@sorted.org   london@sorted.org      saiko@sorted.org
>   London, UK        london.sorted.org      saiko.sorted.org

0
marina (36)
8/10/2004 10:45:27 AM
When you go into AD User > Properties > Email Addresses tab, make sure both
abc.org and abc.com are listed. If not add, it. Then highlight the abc.com,
and select as Primary.

But, before closing this screen, at the bottom of that screen UNcheck the
'automatically update email...' option.

--
Kevin Weilbacher [SBS-MVP]
"The days pass by so quickly now, the nights are seldom long"

Kevin Weilbacher [SBS-MVP] wrote:
> When you go into AD User > Properties > Email Addresses tab, make
> sure both abc.org and abc.com are listed. If not add, it. Then
> highlight the abc.com, and select as Primary.
>
> But, before closing this screen, at the bottom of that screen UNcheck
> the 'automatically update email...' option.

Better to do this in the recipient policy & let it handle it, IMO.

> "Dale Walker" <dale@sorted.org> wrote in message
>> We've got an SBS 2k setup and have several email addresses (abc.org,
>> abc.com, abc.co.uk, etc.) for each client. SBS was set up using the
>> abc.org setup with the others as secondary addresses for each user.
>> All mail can be received on any email address so that side of things
>> is working fine.
>>
>> However, we'd rather have the primary to be abc.com. Unfortunately, I
>> can no longer seem to be able to select a different 'Primary'
>> account. The option to change is there and the dialog boxes allow me
>> to go through the procedure and appears to have succeeded at the end
>> of the process but if I click back into the dialog box, I see that
>> everything is back the way it was.
>>
>> This is driving me nuts. There are no error messages in the event
>> viewer. Everything appears to be running fine except this.
>> Please help,

>>  Dale Walker       London Techno Events   Saiko!
>>  dale@sorted.org   london@sorted.org      saiko@sorted.org
>>  London, UK        london.sorted.org      saiko.sorted.org

0
lanwench (7567)
8/10/2004 1:33:59 PM
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 06:50:31 -0400, "Kevin Weilbacher [SBS-MVP]"
<kweilbacMVP@gte.net> wrote:

>When you go into AD User > Properties > Email Addresses tab, make sure both
>abc.org and abc.com are listed.

Yep, already had a load of these.

>If not add, it. Then highlight the abc.com,
>and select as Primary.

As I was doing before.

>But, before closing this screen, at the bottom of that screen UNcheck the
>'automatically update email...' option.

Ah-ha!

Never even noticed that tick box was there. Is that a newer feature
not found on SBS 4.5?

Done the trick anyway. Cheers.

  Dale Walker       London Techno Events   Saiko!
  dale@sorted.org   london@sorted.org      saiko@sorted.org
  London, UK        london.sorted.org      saiko.sorted.org
0
dale7205 (9)

Outlook Anywhere not connecting; Outlook 2007 client external to Exchange 2007 SP2
Running Exchange 2007 SP2 with a few users migrated from Novell Groupwise. The following works: Outlook 2003/2007 client (internal ONLY), ActiveSync on smartphones, Outlook Web Access w/ SSL (internal & external). I'm trying to get an Outlook 2007 client that is external to the network connected but for some reason things just won't work. I've enabled Outlook Anywhere on the Exchange server, but things just aren't working. Help!!! Bill Hi Bill, Do you have Port 80 & 443 open on your firewall? Did you enable NTLM or Basic Authentication for Ou...

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

Outlook 2000 not opening.

Changing Prices in HQ.
Hi, I have this little issue. I want to change the put items on promotion using the price wizard using HQ. Unfortunately if I have stores who has differents prices for a same item the wizard do not make the proper change becuase it use the price already stored in the master table. Does anyone saw this issue before? Who was solved?. Thks in advance for your help. Rgds Rodrigo Hi there, The easiest way to look after this is to not change any data on the ITEM in HQ, but to simply do the worksheet for altering the sale price and then send it to the respective stores. Then in the works...

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Saving toolbar changes

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Changing query execution sequence

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Moving Exchange #5

Backing Up Exchange Database

Performance By Investment Account
I've been trying to analyze the return calculations that MS Money provides in both the Portfolio Manager and also the Performance by Investment Account. One curious thing that I've come across and had previously not paid attention to is a feature in the Performance by Investment Account. If you click on "Customize' for this report, under the "Rows & Columns" tab there is a customizable setting called "Do not show performance based on data of less than: xx days." It defaults to 90 days. Does anyone know if this feature actually does anything? I'v...

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

Automatic changes in cells

How to split an account into two accounts
8 years ago I started my 403B and 401A retirement accounts with Fidelity as a single account. It did not both me that the paper showed them as two accounts and I should have fixed it sooner. Now that Fidelity is allowing me to download the information it is clear that I should have two accounts. However I have purchased 4 mutal funds every two weeks for the past 8 years and now to split them it appears I need to move 2 of these sets of fund transactionss to a the account. The move one transaction at a time is growing old. Is their an easy way or to accomlish a mass move of all transac...