Saved Queries #2

We are using Exchange Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003.  On our DC, I 
created a number of Saved Queries that provide a list of members for our 
mail-enabled distribution lists. Right now the only fileds that appear in 
the result is the Name and Type (contact, user).  In order to get the 
Display name and Email addresses to appear, I have to go to View --> 
Add/Remove Columns and add them that way.  Is there a way to use the AND 
operator when setting up the queries?

Also, I found out that you can export the query definition and then import 
it but you can't export the saved queries itself and import it to another 
machine (XP box).  You have to recreate the query.  Is there a workaround 
for that? Looks like once again Microsoft baked the cake only half-way.

Thanks for your help.

Zach 


0
zmathew (10)
8/15/2006 9:31:33 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

11 Replies
299 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 33

you cannot right-click the saved query and select "export query definition"?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]



"Zach Mathew" <zmathew@iccb.org> wrote in message
news:OyauLILwGHA.724@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> We are using Exchange Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003.  On our DC, I
> created a number of Saved Queries that provide a list of members for our
> mail-enabled distribution lists. Right now the only fileds that appear in
> the result is the Name and Type (contact, user).  In order to get the
> Display name and Email addresses to appear, I have to go to View -->
> Add/Remove Columns and add them that way.  Is there a way to use the AND
> operator when setting up the queries?
>
> Also, I found out that you can export the query definition and then import
> it but you can't export the saved queries itself and import it to another
> machine (XP box).  You have to recreate the query.  Is there a workaround
> for that? Looks like once again Microsoft baked the cake only half-way.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Zach
>
>


0
sconkey (3059)
8/15/2006 10:10:43 PM
Susan,

Yes, I can export the query definition and save it as an xml file and then 
import it into ADUC on another machine.  Only problem is that once you close 
ADUC you lose the query.  The next time you open ADUC the "saved query" is 
not there.  You have to import the query definition (the xml file) each time 
in order to run the query. I think I read somewhere that the query is saved 
only on the DC where it is originally created.  If I'm mistaken, please set 
me straight.

My main problem is trying to add the Display name and Email addresses to the 
saved query and not have to go to View --> Add/Remove Columns and add them 
that way. Thanks.

Zach


"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message 
news:u%23EoneLwGHA.4296@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> you cannot right-click the saved query and select "export query 
> definition"?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>
>
>
> "Zach Mathew" <zmathew@iccb.org> wrote in message
> news:OyauLILwGHA.724@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> We are using Exchange Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003.  On our DC, I
>> created a number of Saved Queries that provide a list of members for our
>> mail-enabled distribution lists. Right now the only fileds that appear in
>> the result is the Name and Type (contact, user).  In order to get the
>> Display name and Email addresses to appear, I have to go to View -->
>> Add/Remove Columns and add them that way.  Is there a way to use the AND
>> operator when setting up the queries?
>>
>> Also, I found out that you can export the query definition and then 
>> import
>> it but you can't export the saved queries itself and import it to another
>> machine (XP box).  You have to recreate the query.  Is there a workaround
>> for that? Looks like once again Microsoft baked the cake only half-way.
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Zach
>>
>>
>
> 


0
zmathew (10)
8/16/2006 3:09:20 PM
when I close/reopen ADUC, my "saved queries" are still there...not sure why
yours are not...have you set up at saved mmc console, or are you just
opening ADUC each time?  and all of the columns I've selected to view
remain, as well...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]



"Zach Mathew" <zmathew@iccb.org> wrote in message
news:OySiSXUwGHA.1888@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Susan,
>
> Yes, I can export the query definition and save it as an xml file and then
> import it into ADUC on another machine.  Only problem is that once you
close
> ADUC you lose the query.  The next time you open ADUC the "saved query" is
> not there.  You have to import the query definition (the xml file) each
time
> in order to run the query. I think I read somewhere that the query is
saved
> only on the DC where it is originally created.  If I'm mistaken, please
set
> me straight.
>
> My main problem is trying to add the Display name and Email addresses to
the
> saved query and not have to go to View --> Add/Remove Columns and add them
> that way. Thanks.
>
> Zach
>
>
> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:u%23EoneLwGHA.4296@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> > you cannot right-click the saved query and select "export query
> > definition"?
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >
> >
> >
> > "Zach Mathew" <zmathew@iccb.org> wrote in message
> > news:OyauLILwGHA.724@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> >> We are using Exchange Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003.  On our DC,
I
> >> created a number of Saved Queries that provide a list of members for
our
> >> mail-enabled distribution lists. Right now the only fileds that appear
in
> >> the result is the Name and Type (contact, user).  In order to get the
> >> Display name and Email addresses to appear, I have to go to View -->
> >> Add/Remove Columns and add them that way.  Is there a way to use the
AND
> >> operator when setting up the queries?
> >>
> >> Also, I found out that you can export the query definition and then
> >> import
> >> it but you can't export the saved queries itself and import it to
another
> >> machine (XP box).  You have to recreate the query.  Is there a
workaround
> >> for that? Looks like once again Microsoft baked the cake only half-way.
> >>
> >> Thanks for your help.
> >>
> >> Zach
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>


0
sconkey (3059)
8/16/2006 3:16:32 PM
I'm opening ADUC each time and maybe that's what I'm doing wrong? Could you 
expand on what you mean by a saved MMC console? Do you mean that you opened 
ADUC in an MMC console and saved it?  Thanks.

Zach


"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message 
news:%23V101bUwGHA.3508@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> when I close/reopen ADUC, my "saved queries" are still there...not sure 
> why
> yours are not...have you set up at saved mmc console, or are you just
> opening ADUC each time?  and all of the columns I've selected to view
> remain, as well...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>
>
>
> "Zach Mathew" <zmathew@iccb.org> wrote in message
> news:OySiSXUwGHA.1888@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Susan,
>>
>> Yes, I can export the query definition and save it as an xml file and 
>> then
>> import it into ADUC on another machine.  Only problem is that once you
> close
>> ADUC you lose the query.  The next time you open ADUC the "saved query" 
>> is
>> not there.  You have to import the query definition (the xml file) each
> time
>> in order to run the query. I think I read somewhere that the query is
> saved
>> only on the DC where it is originally created.  If I'm mistaken, please
> set
>> me straight.
>>
>> My main problem is trying to add the Display name and Email addresses to
> the
>> saved query and not have to go to View --> Add/Remove Columns and add 
>> them
>> that way. Thanks.
>>
>> Zach
>>
>>
>> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> news:u%23EoneLwGHA.4296@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> > you cannot right-click the saved query and select "export query
>> > definition"?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > "Zach Mathew" <zmathew@iccb.org> wrote in message
>> > news:OyauLILwGHA.724@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> >> We are using Exchange Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003.  On our DC,
> I
>> >> created a number of Saved Queries that provide a list of members for
> our
>> >> mail-enabled distribution lists. Right now the only fileds that appear
> in
>> >> the result is the Name and Type (contact, user).  In order to get the
>> >> Display name and Email addresses to appear, I have to go to View -->
>> >> Add/Remove Columns and add them that way.  Is there a way to use the
> AND
>> >> operator when setting up the queries?
>> >>
>> >> Also, I found out that you can export the query definition and then
>> >> import
>> >> it but you can't export the saved queries itself and import it to
> another
>> >> machine (XP box).  You have to recreate the query.  Is there a
> workaround
>> >> for that? Looks like once again Microsoft baked the cake only 
>> >> half-way.
>> >>
>> >> Thanks for your help.
>> >>
>> >> Zach
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
> 


0
zmathew (10)
8/16/2006 5:24:27 PM
yes...I have configured an msc for myself that includes everything I
need...saved it to the desktop as susan.msc...it saves queries, views,
snap-ins, etc.

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]



"Zach Mathew" <zmathew@iccb.org> wrote in message
news:#4I#xiVwGHA.1512@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> I'm opening ADUC each time and maybe that's what I'm doing wrong? Could
you
> expand on what you mean by a saved MMC console? Do you mean that you
opened
> ADUC in an MMC console and saved it?  Thanks.
>
> Zach
>
>
> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:%23V101bUwGHA.3508@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> > when I close/reopen ADUC, my "saved queries" are still there...not sure
> > why
> > yours are not...have you set up at saved mmc console, or are you just
> > opening ADUC each time?  and all of the columns I've selected to view
> > remain, as well...
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >
> >
> >
> > "Zach Mathew" <zmathew@iccb.org> wrote in message
> > news:OySiSXUwGHA.1888@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> >> Susan,
> >>
> >> Yes, I can export the query definition and save it as an xml file and
> >> then
> >> import it into ADUC on another machine.  Only problem is that once you
> > close
> >> ADUC you lose the query.  The next time you open ADUC the "saved query"
> >> is
> >> not there.  You have to import the query definition (the xml file) each
> > time
> >> in order to run the query. I think I read somewhere that the query is
> > saved
> >> only on the DC where it is originally created.  If I'm mistaken, please
> > set
> >> me straight.
> >>
> >> My main problem is trying to add the Display name and Email addresses
to
> > the
> >> saved query and not have to go to View --> Add/Remove Columns and add
> >> them
> >> that way. Thanks.
> >>
> >> Zach
> >>
> >>
> >> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> >> news:u%23EoneLwGHA.4296@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> >> > you cannot right-click the saved query and select "export query
> >> > definition"?
> >> >
> >> > --
> >> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > "Zach Mathew" <zmathew@iccb.org> wrote in message
> >> > news:OyauLILwGHA.724@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> >> >> We are using Exchange Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003.  On our
DC,
> > I
> >> >> created a number of Saved Queries that provide a list of members for
> > our
> >> >> mail-enabled distribution lists. Right now the only fileds that
appear
> > in
> >> >> the result is the Name and Type (contact, user).  In order to get
the
> >> >> Display name and Email addresses to appear, I have to go to View -->
> >> >> Add/Remove Columns and add them that way.  Is there a way to use the
> > AND
> >> >> operator when setting up the queries?
> >> >>
> >> >> Also, I found out that you can export the query definition and then
> >> >> import
> >> >> it but you can't export the saved queries itself and import it to
> > another
> >> >> machine (XP box).  You have to recreate the query.  Is there a
> > workaround
> >> >> for that? Looks like once again Microsoft baked the cake only
> >> >> half-way.
> >> >>
> >> >> Thanks for your help.
> >> >>
> >> >> Zach
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>


0
sconkey (3059)
8/16/2006 6:05:52 PM
Great.  I will give that a try.  Thanks, Susan.


"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message 
news:%23WBed6VwGHA.4688@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> yes...I have configured an msc for myself that includes everything I
> need...saved it to the desktop as susan.msc...it saves queries, views,
> snap-ins, etc.
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>
>
>
> "Zach Mathew" <zmathew@iccb.org> wrote in message
> news:#4I#xiVwGHA.1512@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> I'm opening ADUC each time and maybe that's what I'm doing wrong? Could
> you
>> expand on what you mean by a saved MMC console? Do you mean that you
> opened
>> ADUC in an MMC console and saved it?  Thanks.
>>
>> Zach
>>
>>
>> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> news:%23V101bUwGHA.3508@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> > when I close/reopen ADUC, my "saved queries" are still there...not sure
>> > why
>> > yours are not...have you set up at saved mmc console, or are you just
>> > opening ADUC each time?  and all of the columns I've selected to view
>> > remain, as well...
>> >
>> > --
>> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > "Zach Mathew" <zmathew@iccb.org> wrote in message
>> > news:OySiSXUwGHA.1888@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> >> Susan,
>> >>
>> >> Yes, I can export the query definition and save it as an xml file and
>> >> then
>> >> import it into ADUC on another machine.  Only problem is that once you
>> > close
>> >> ADUC you lose the query.  The next time you open ADUC the "saved 
>> >> query"
>> >> is
>> >> not there.  You have to import the query definition (the xml file) 
>> >> each
>> > time
>> >> in order to run the query. I think I read somewhere that the query is
>> > saved
>> >> only on the DC where it is originally created.  If I'm mistaken, 
>> >> please
>> > set
>> >> me straight.
>> >>
>> >> My main problem is trying to add the Display name and Email addresses
> to
>> > the
>> >> saved query and not have to go to View --> Add/Remove Columns and add
>> >> them
>> >> that way. Thanks.
>> >>
>> >> Zach
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:u%23EoneLwGHA.4296@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> >> > you cannot right-click the saved query and select "export query
>> >> > definition"?
>> >> >
>> >> > --
>> >> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > "Zach Mathew" <zmathew@iccb.org> wrote in message
>> >> > news:OyauLILwGHA.724@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> >> >> We are using Exchange Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003.  On our
> DC,
>> > I
>> >> >> created a number of Saved Queries that provide a list of members 
>> >> >> for
>> > our
>> >> >> mail-enabled distribution lists. Right now the only fileds that
> appear
>> > in
>> >> >> the result is the Name and Type (contact, user).  In order to get
> the
>> >> >> Display name and Email addresses to appear, I have to go to 
>> >> >> View -->
>> >> >> Add/Remove Columns and add them that way.  Is there a way to use 
>> >> >> the
>> > AND
>> >> >> operator when setting up the queries?
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Also, I found out that you can export the query definition and then
>> >> >> import
>> >> >> it but you can't export the saved queries itself and import it to
>> > another
>> >> >> machine (XP box).  You have to recreate the query.  Is there a
>> > workaround
>> >> >> for that? Looks like once again Microsoft baked the cake only
>> >> >> half-way.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Thanks for your help.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Zach
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
> 


0
zmathew (10)
8/16/2006 7:23:50 PM
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:05:52 -0700, "Susan"
<sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote:

>yes...I have configured an msc for myself that includes everything I
>need...saved it to the desktop as susan.msc...it saves queries, views,
>snap-ins, etc.


Funny, mine is saved as susan.msc as well.
0
adavid (8731)
8/16/2006 7:27:19 PM
Hey, what can you say... She's got the magic touch.  I'm going back and 
renaming all the msc as susan.msc


"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message 
news:4cs6e2p8jhvdppmv2fsg4dg8iv8t9te5os@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:05:52 -0700, "Susan"
> <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>yes...I have configured an msc for myself that includes everything I
>>need...saved it to the desktop as susan.msc...it saves queries, views,
>>snap-ins, etc.
>
>
> Funny, mine is saved as susan.msc as well. 


0
zmathew (10)
8/16/2006 7:44:41 PM
i suspected as much...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]



"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
news:4cs6e2p8jhvdppmv2fsg4dg8iv8t9te5os@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:05:52 -0700, "Susan"
> <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote:
>
> >yes...I have configured an msc for myself that includes everything I
> >need...saved it to the desktop as susan.msc...it saves queries, views,
> >snap-ins, etc.
>
>
> Funny, mine is saved as susan.msc as well.


0
sconkey (3059)
8/16/2006 7:58:00 PM
Susan,

Once I created an mmc with the ADUC snap-ip and imported the query 
definition and saved it, I reopened the msc and everything was still there! 
You're a genius.  Thanks for your help.

Zach

"Zach Mathew" <zmathew@iccb.org> wrote in message 
news:ej7WIxWwGHA.5044@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Hey, what can you say... She's got the magic touch.  I'm going back and 
> renaming all the msc as susan.msc
>
>
> "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in 
> message news:4cs6e2p8jhvdppmv2fsg4dg8iv8t9te5os@4ax.com...
>> On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:05:52 -0700, "Susan"
>> <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>>yes...I have configured an msc for myself that includes everything I
>>>need...saved it to the desktop as susan.msc...it saves queries, views,
>>>snap-ins, etc.
>>
>>
>> Funny, mine is saved as susan.msc as well.
>
> 


0
zmathew (10)
8/16/2006 8:08:08 PM
you're welcome...glad I could share that with you...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]



"Zach Mathew" <zmathew@iccb.org> wrote in message
news:uW6$O#WwGHA.4944@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Susan,
>
> Once I created an mmc with the ADUC snap-ip and imported the query
> definition and saved it, I reopened the msc and everything was still
there!
> You're a genius.  Thanks for your help.
>
> Zach
>
> "Zach Mathew" <zmathew@iccb.org> wrote in message
> news:ej7WIxWwGHA.5044@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> > Hey, what can you say... She's got the magic touch.  I'm going back and
> > renaming all the msc as susan.msc
> >
> >
> > "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
> > message news:4cs6e2p8jhvdppmv2fsg4dg8iv8t9te5os@4ax.com...
> >> On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:05:52 -0700, "Susan"
> >> <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>>yes...I have configured an msc for myself that includes everything I
> >>>need...saved it to the desktop as susan.msc...it saves queries, views,
> >>>snap-ins, etc.
> >>
> >>
> >> Funny, mine is saved as susan.msc as well.
> >
> >
>
>


0
sconkey (3059)
8/16/2006 8:20:40 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

HELP!!! #2
My front end 2003 exchange server is queuing up all of my mail and not forwarding it out. First of all I don't why this server is trying to send it second of all how can I get it to push the email out. -- Thanks Do you have any SMTP connectors that have the FE as the bridgehead server. Logon to the fe server and do some troubleshooting telnet to port 25 on a foreign email system, check name resolution. If you can't get out then it is probably your firewall. Nue "TJC" <TJC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:385BAA3F-B6F4-40CA-91D4-B9316FB65160@mic...

styles #2
Please, Any links to tutorials about styles. ...

lost inbox #2
I had exported my inbox to a floppy before i reinstalled win 2000. Now i can't access the disk, i backed up most of the c drive before the reinstall. can anyone tell me the path to the inbox maybe i'll get lucky and have saved it TIA ...

Duplicate Mailboxes #2
I restored a backup into Exchange Server 2003... Now I have a few account (not all) that have two mailboxes in System Manager. How do I delete just one of them and assign the other to the AD Account? I tried removing Exchange attributes and deleting the user's mailbox from Exchange Tasks, but this doesn't fix it... You can delete mailbox from the user. Right click mailboxes in ESM - Run Cleanup Agent Reconnect the one you want - Purge the other -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not s...

Excel 2002 (XP)
Thanks for advice - I didn't know autosave had gone but I thought whe I first upgraded from 2000 it was an add-in. Nevertheless - I still can't even open the options menu. I've got exactly the same arrangement on my home machine and that work fine - Nevermind I'll try the autosave links - thank -- scott_195 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- scott_1951's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27215 ...

Strange behaviour with legend in 2-Sided Chart
Hello everybody i still have my 2-sided chart, 2 Series: 1. Series--> Line Chart, Primary Y-Axis ("perf. indexed") 2. Series--> Bar Chart, Secondary Y-Axis ("perf. yearly %") The legend now shows: "perf. yearly % || perf. indexed" even when "perf. indexed" is my first series. Then i flipped everything, still "perf. yearly %" is still on first position. Even when i make a whole new Chart, it still puts the "%" on first place! The only thing i couldn't change, was the y-axis, because the "perf. indexed" has to be o...

Sum value between dates problem driving me mad!2
Good Evening All, Many aplogies for the crappy formatting of my previous post, I have done it properly (I hope) now. I am really struggling here, have tried, nested IF's including AND's but am a bit stumped. I am fairly familiar with Arrays, but cannot seem to combine all. I have a data table (as detailed below). I simply wish to calculate the expected totals per month. Any help & assistance with this would be most welcome. Cheers, Mathew Note, earliest Start is 01/04/03 Start Finish DayRate Apr-2003 May-2003 Jun-2003 ...

Outlook 2003 - 2 MSN http accounts
I set up Outlook 2003 with 2 email accounts for my wife and me. We are using MSN http. All email sent from either inbox ends up in a single (default) sent items folder under my account. Is there any way to have my wife's sent email go to her sent items folder and my sent email go to my sent items folder? Thanks for the help. Tim Only if you use rules or each have your own Outlook profile. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlo...

xla #2
What is an xla file? What is it used for? ...

Access/Excel linking via VBA
Hi, (I think I posted this to the wrong group initially) I have an Access application that links to a number of spreadsheets via VBA. The Access VBA opens either a template or an existing spreadsheet as an object, modifies the content of the spreadsheet and then closes the spreadsheet before continuing with other functionality. When the template spreadsheet is opened, the file is modified and saved correctly. As this is for a monthly extract of data, the requirement is that mid-month we open an existing file and add to it. However, when opening an existing monthly extract file the sav...

number of rows #2
I used autoformat so that my rows would alternate colors. But, it added a bunch of empty rows so that the sheet is maxed out and my file is huge. I don't need all those empty rows and I can't find a way to delete them. Any suggestions for how to get rid of the rows, or limit the number of rows on a worksheet? I know I could copy all the data to a new worksheet, but I'd like a better solution. Try this: click on the number of the first empty row, so the whole row is selected. Using the vertical scrollbar, go to the last row on the sheet. Hold down the shift key while you cli...

Money on 2 computers #2
Do I have to buy the program twice (if I download from microsoft) if I am using the program on my PC and my laptop? In microsoft.public.money, Mike wrote: >Do I have to buy the program twice (if I download from microsoft) if I am >using the program on my PC and my laptop? You may, but I don't know if you can. ;-| Seriously, tho, there is an advantage to having the Money 2006 disk. The license lets you put it on your desktop machine and your laptop. If I have 2 desktop computers and I want to use Money 2006 on both, I can install it (from retail disk) on both computers? I a...

A formula finds a text in one cell #2
( A ) ( B ) ( C ) ( D ) E ) ( F ) HUNTER-1 ( LARGE 20X24 ) 1 35.37 2.2 S PATTERN CHANGE HUNTER-1 ( LARGE 20X24 ) 1 35.37 1.65 20 CONVEYOR FULL HUNTER-1 ( LARGE 20X24 ) 1 35.37 0.92 01 TURNTABLE HUNTER-1 ( LARGE 20X24 ) 1 35.37 0.4 10 DRAW PINS HUNTER-1 ( LARGE 20X24 ) 1 35.37 0.48 22 DIST. CRANE Without Pattern Cahange 35.37 3.45 With Pattern Change 37.57 5.65 Pattern Change Only 37.57 2. -- vane032 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vane0326's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member....

Select Query to Open on Top of Form
I have a form [Grievance Tracking] that has a command button for a select query [GTS Audit]. When the user selects this button the query opens behind the form [Grievance Tracking]. Is there a way to have the query open on top of the form [Grievance Tracking] form instead of behind it? I'm using Access 2003. Thanks, -- Bob The problem is that the form PopUp Property set to yes, so every thing that you open will apear behind it. You can set it to No, and then the query will be on top of the form -- Good Luck BS"D "rdw1260@msn.com.(donotspam)" wrote: > I have a...

Export calendar #2
As I have several--okay maybe one hundred--people in my contact lists for whom I have birthday reminders in my calendar and, thus, have a lot of recurring items. As I'd like to copy my calendar to a couple of my web based calendars--MSN and Gmail--I'm wondering if there's been a workaround created so one can export from Outlook with the recurring events either deleted or "fixed" in some way so they'll be accepted by the other programs? Obviously, it would probably take longer to manually change them all than it would to type in a year's worth of events in...

Want graph with 2 axis, but bars overlap when second axis added
I need to have a bar graph with two data sets of different scales, yet when I change one data set to an secondary axis, the two bars combine. I need them to be sitting side by side. thanks Hi, Here is one example. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy Gill wrote: > I need to have a bar graph with two data sets of different scales, yet when I > change one data set to an secondary axis, the two bars combine. I need them > to be sitting side by side. > > thanks -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Actually, th...

too many recipients #2
Running Exchange 2003 with current service packs, and have one client getting Too Many Recipients error when he sends a message to about 30 recipients. Now he is only using the BCC field, nothing in the To field. It will send about 8 or 9 messages before bouncing the rest. His account is set to unlimited, default settting on the server is unlimited, and the smtp connector is set to 64000 (default). Any ideas what causes this? Server is Win2003, client is XP with Outlook 2003. Doug: What is the exact message he is getting? Is it a pop-up when he clicks Send? Or is it an e-mail ...

Populating outlook labels #2
Is there a way to do it using VB labels -- exodu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- exodus's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1572 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27247 ...

naming cells in multiple worksheets #2
Frank, Thanks, Crai -- cparson ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cparsons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1286 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26681 ...

Beta SP 2
Hi All, Does anyone know if MS are doing are beta program of Exchange SP2? If so I would love to get my hands on this and give it ago. Has anyone heard anything like this? Thanks, Tarran Hi, in the present time, there's no chance to get SP2 beta, unless you're in the TAP program. Cheers, KFL "Tarran" <Tarran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:069A0BA7-2A9C-4F2F-822C-88D29F06A2E1@microsoft.com... > Hi All, > > Does anyone know if MS are doing are beta program of Exchange SP2? > > If so I would love to get my hands on this and give ...

error in spell check #2
I use outlook 6-I cannot use spell check or change the fonts-a mesage comes up-an error occured while checking spelling... so I cannot use it... when I try to change fonts the message says an error occured in this dialog. I don't know how to reload ourlook as it is tied into to internet explorer 6. How can I get rid of these error messages ans use spell check. thanks Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups....

Can't close a PST file #2
Hello all: I have a few large PST files that I use with Outlook. I opened two and now I cannot close them. Everytime Outlook loads these two PST's are there too. If I try to close them, Outlook gives the very informative "The operation failed. An object could not be found" error message. When I click on PROPERTIES |ADVANCED, I get the same error. When I move the two files, Outlook still shows them in the folder list. I've even tried to re-open them again and then close, no joy. Other thank that, outlook seems to be running fine. I just dont wat these fairly l...

problem receiving emails #2
I use outlook 2003. Up til now it worked great. I changed to an other PC and now i got problems receiving mail. I see that outlook receives mail "1 of 4, 2 of 4 etc" but after it's finished I can not find it in my inbox. Where is it gone? Can anyone perhaps tell me what can be wrong? Checked al the settings but al seems OK. I can send Email without problems. -- cardin94 cardin94 wrote: > I use outlook 2003. Up til now it worked great. I changed to an other > PC and now i got problems receiving mail. I see that outlook > receives mail "1 of 4, 2 of 4 e...

Report/Query not selecting specific records
I have a database for tracking miles traveled and fuel purchased in each state. I have a report based on a query to total miles and gallons for each state in a quarter. Last quarter, the report worked perfectly. This quarter, for some reason, it's bringing in all records that have ever been entered instead of just the previous quarter's records. The only difference is that I changed the way the report opens. It used to required entering the beginning and ending dates multiple time. So, I created a form from which to pull the starting and ending date. I have opened the que...

printing business cards #2
I have prepared a business card in Publisher and want to print ten per page as per my stationery. I am told to go to File. Print. Page Option. Print Multiple Copies. When I go there I can only print four copies per page. How can I print ten? John what version of Publisher are you using? -- John, Have a look at the following link: http://www.mvps.org/publisher/training.html There are business card tutorials there that do exactly what you are trying to do. Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >I have prepared a business ...