Same account name, but diff. boxes/users?

Greetings,

My company already had two www domains, before buying another company and
adding their domain name to our Exchange organization. My problem is that the
original company, company1.com already had an "admin" (admin@company1.com)
mail account for catch-all and general info. Now I need to enable this same
(also pre-existing) mailbox (admin@company3.com) for a different individual
on the new company3.com, but Exchange's behaviour seems to be that an account
name, "admin" can be used for only one of any domain in the organization? Any
advice would be appreciated.
0
Holo20 (45)

Holo20 wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> My company already had two www domains, before buying another company
> and adding their domain name to our Exchange organization. My problem
> is that the original company, company1.com already had an "admin"
> (admin@company1.com) mail account for catch-all and general info. Now
> I need to enable this same (also pre-existing) mailbox
> (admin@company3.com) for a different individual on the new
> company3.com, but Exchange's behaviour seems to be that an account
> name, "admin" can be used for only one of any domain in the
> organization? Any advice would be appreciated.

The user/account name doesn't have to match the SMTP address you use....why
not just add admin@company3.com to the existing user's mailbox properties?

0
lanwench (7567)
1/29/2005 11:53:58 PM
Thanks for responding, but I'm afraid I've been unclear. 'admin@company1.com'
and 'admin@company3.com' are different individuals, with different job
functions and responsibilities. I need each individual to check an 'admin'
mailbox from their own respective domains. I suspect this will not be
possible though, because of Exchange's AD integration? If it is impossible, I
could create a different account name for the company3.com individual, it
would just be unfortunate as the 'admin' address has been published for quite
some time. Thank you.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> Holo20 wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > My company already had two www domains, before buying another company
> > and adding their domain name to our Exchange organization. My problem
> > is that the original company, company1.com already had an "admin"
> > (admin@company1.com) mail account for catch-all and general info. Now
> > I need to enable this same (also pre-existing) mailbox
> > (admin@company3.com) for a different individual on the new
> > company3.com, but Exchange's behaviour seems to be that an account
> > name, "admin" can be used for only one of any domain in the
> > organization? Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> The user/account name doesn't have to match the SMTP address you use....why
> not just add admin@company3.com to the existing user's mailbox properties?

0
Holo20 (45)
1/30/2005 8:51:01 PM
Holo20 wrote:
> Thanks for responding, but I'm afraid I've been unclear.

> 'admin@company1.com' and 'admin@company3.com' are different
> individuals, with different job functions and responsibilities.

But they are both users on your existing server(s), right? You host  both
company1 and company3, right?

> need each individual to check an 'admin' mailbox from their own
> respective domains.

As I was suggesting, why not just assign the SMTP addresses you wish?

Joe Bloggs - primary address is jbloggs@company1.com, also receives mail
sent to admin@company1.com
Jane Doe - primary address is jdoe@company3.com, also receives mail sent to
admin@company3.com

Or set up

admin@company1.com as a mailbox (with a username of whatever you like) and
grant Joe Bloggs rights to it
Same for company3.com and Jane Doe.

I suspect this will not be possible though,
> because of Exchange's AD integration? If it is impossible, I could
> create a different account name for the company3.com individual, it
> would just be unfortunate as the 'admin' address has been published
> for quite some time. Thank you.

Does this help?

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> Holo20 wrote:
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> My company already had two www domains, before buying another
>>> company and adding their domain name to our Exchange organization.
>>> My problem is that the original company, company1.com already had
>>> an "admin" (admin@company1.com) mail account for catch-all and
>>> general info. Now I need to enable this same (also pre-existing)
>>> mailbox (admin@company3.com) for a different individual on the new
>>> company3.com, but Exchange's behaviour seems to be that an account
>>> name, "admin" can be used for only one of any domain in the
>>> organization? Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
>> The user/account name doesn't have to match the SMTP address you
>> use....why not just add admin@company3.com to the existing user's
>> mailbox properties?

0
lanwench (7567)
1/30/2005 11:54:52 PM
Thanks Lanwench, this is most helpful.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> Holo20 wrote:
> > Thanks for responding, but I'm afraid I've been unclear.
>
> > 'admin@company1.com' and 'admin@company3.com' are different
> > individuals, with different job functions and responsibilities.
>
> But they are both users on your existing server(s), right? You host  both
> company1 and company3, right?

> > need each individual to check an 'admin' mailbox from their own
> > respective domains.
>
> As I was suggesting, why not just assign the SMTP addresses you wish?
>
> Joe Bloggs - primary address is jbloggs@company1.com, also receives mail
> sent to admin@company1.com
> Jane Doe - primary address is jdoe@company3.com, also receives mail sent to
> admin@company3.com
>
> Or set up
>
> admin@company1.com as a mailbox (with a username of whatever you like) and
> grant Joe Bloggs rights to it
> Same for company3.com and Jane Doe.
>
> I suspect this will not be possible though,
> > because of Exchange's AD integration? If it is impossible, I could
> > create a different account name for the company3.com individual, it
> > would just be unfortunate as the 'admin' address has been published
> > for quite some time. Thank you.
>
> Does this help?

> >> The user/account name doesn't have to match the SMTP address you
> >> use....why not just add admin@company3.com to the existing user's
> >> mailbox properties?

0
Holo20 (45)
1/31/2005 8:43:02 PM
Holo20 wrote:
> Thanks Lanwench, this is most helpful.

You're most welcome - hope this helped.

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> Holo20 wrote:
>>> Thanks for responding, but I'm afraid I've been unclear.
>>
>>> 'admin@company1.com' and 'admin@company3.com' are different
>>> individuals, with different job functions and responsibilities.
>>
>> But they are both users on your existing server(s), right? You host
>> both company1 and company3, right?

>>> need each individual to check an 'admin' mailbox from their own
>>> respective domains.
>>
>> As I was suggesting, why not just assign the SMTP addresses you wish?
>>
>> Joe Bloggs - primary address is jbloggs@company1.com, also receives
>> mail sent to admin@company1.com
>> Jane Doe - primary address is jdoe@company3.com, also receives mail
>> sent to admin@company3.com
>>
>> Or set up
>>
>> admin@company1.com as a mailbox (with a username of whatever you
>> like) and grant Joe Bloggs rights to it
>> Same for company3.com and Jane Doe.
>>
>> I suspect this will not be possible though,
>>> because of Exchange's AD integration? If it is impossible, I could
>>> create a different account name for the company3.com individual, it
>>> would just be unfortunate as the 'admin' address has been published
>>> for quite some time. Thank you.
>>
>> Does this help?

0
lanwench (7567)

Display Field Name as Text Listing if Value True from Checkbox Fields
Hi everyone! I have 40 or so columns in a table using the yes/no data type. Each record in the table represents an audit of a paper form. Those items filled incorrectly or incompletely on the paper form receive a check on an access form during the audit process. I would like to create a feedback form based on the audit record that displays a listing of fields that received the check boxes, or rather, were incomplete or incorrect on paper form that was audited. On the feedback form, I only want to display something like this: "Your form had the following errors: ErrorFieldOneName Erro...

link custom field to resource names
hello, i have created a custom field "Primary contact" is there a way to link it to the list of Resource names? maybe turn it into a drop down list? thanks "greg" <greg@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23hSQ6HJsEHA.3396@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hello, > i have created a custom field "Primary contact" > is there a way to link it to the list of Resource names? > maybe turn it into a drop down list? > > thanks > > ...

In Box
I have a number in parentheses next to my In Box. I have read all the messages in my In Box, but the number is still there. How do I find out what this is and how to get rid of it. -- Jo Ann What version of Outlook are you using? In some versions the number next to the Inbox can actually reflect the total items in the Inbox rather than unread. Also you might check and see if you have a view/filter applied (View | Current View...) which might be hiding some unread messages from you. Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microso...

how can I move the e-mail accounts from outlook 2002 to an other computer
how can I move the e-mail accunts from outlook 2002 to an other computer same program?? ...

paste-linking annotating text boxes
I'm trying to insert an Excel chart into a PowerPoint presentation and link it dynamically. The data link is not an issue but I cannot find a practical way to paste the text boxes that were added to the Excel chart by way of annotation. Selecting and pasting the chart itself and the textboxes as if they were separate objects results in a distorted PowerPoint layout. Is my only choice to add the text boxes anew in PowerPoint? Select the chart prior to adding the textbox. The textbox then will be part of the chart, rather than just another drawing object floating above the worksh...

OLook Locks up when attempting to delete large file in out box.
Outlook keeps trying to send a file that is way too large. I didn't notice it was so large until after a few days of OL being extremely slow and using up my CPU at 100%. How can I delete this file? I have tried going to the outbox and selecting delete, but it will not delete. Can find the location of the data, but not the file that needs to be deleted. Try the easy fix: Select File, Work Offline, Delete the messages "SNR" wrote: > Outlook keeps trying to send a file that is way too large. I didn't notice > it was so large until after a few days of OL being ext...

map data (x-y axis) with diffent series name
I have a set of x-y coordinate data set and i would like to plot them showing the respective series name. Is there an automatic way of doing this without haing to plot the data points separately. eg Name x y A 1 6 B 2 3 C 3 4 D 4 2 E 5 5 .. . . .. . . .. . . I will like to have a plot of x and y with A, B, C as series name without having to plot the points one after the other. Hi, Here are a couple of free addins that allow you to link data labels to cells. Rob Bovey's Char...

Cusotm Office 2007 install for English, Spanish, & Chinese users
Hi, I'm working on creating a custom install of Office 2007 for my various sites. These sites include users that speak English, Spanish and Chinese. I am a bit confused on how to use language packs in order to provide multi-lingual support. From my understanding, I need to download the Spanish and Chinese language pack and place the .msp files in the Updates folder on my network install point? Does this mean when office gets installed on a Chinese computer it will be in Chinese automatically? Or does the user need to "flip a switch" to make it Chinese language? The ...

Counting of Names ?
I have some names in some cells like " Abraham" " Sathish " etc . I want the number of occurances of each name Counted ,within a range of cells and made known at a perticulat cell Like Name No of Times Abraham 110 Sathish 20 Regards Vijay Hi Vijay! Put the unique names in a column and use (eg) =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$25,D1) If you want a fast way of extracting the list of names see: Chip Pearson http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingUnique -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (...

send as another user
i gave one user right to access another user mailbox and enable "send on behalf" of him/her in exchange. back in outlook, when the user highlight the other user inbox and click on send...it still say his send from his name instead of the other user name? am i doing someting wrong? if so, can someone tell me how to make this thing work? thx in advance. "send on behalf" is NOT "send as" theyre 2 totally different things. send as is given via ADUC "vincentnyc" <vincentnyc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2A6FD12-5080-47...

Mapping Associated Entities when Converting a Lead to an Account
I have a Lead record that, over time, has had one or more items from a custom entity (Many-to-1 relationship) associated with it. (This is somewhat akin to multiple Contacts associated to a single Account record.) When I convert the Lead to an Account, I would like those associated records to also be associated with the newly-created Account record. Is this possible? Something similar is happening when creating a quote from an Opportunity. In this situation, the associated product items are associated with the new quote. So, I'm hoping that it can be done in other situations....

Stop delivery from an account
How would I keep a single email address from an outside domain from being delivered to someone inside our domain? An employee who is currently suspended has been communicating with someone inside our organization and I'm concerned what may go out. What version of Exchange? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Chris Hall" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OkKkTBAAGHA.3864@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How would I keep a single email address from an outside domain fr...

User Activity window in GP 9
Hi! Does anyone know why GP removed the User Activity option under Tools-Setup-System in GP 9? How can you tell who's logged in the system without going to SQL Query Analyzer or Enterprise Mgr? Thanks -- Marisol Mortera Hi Marisol, Now found under Tools --> Utilities --> System Robert Marisol wrote: > Hi! > > Does anyone know why GP removed the User Activity option under > Tools-Setup-System in GP 9? How can you tell who's logged in the system > without going to SQL Query Analyzer or Enterprise Mgr? Thanks ...

Word default paper size- networked user accounts
Word 2004- processors various, OS 10.5 How do I get Word to default to A4 (instead of US letter) for networked accounts? Hi Jeremy: The succinct answer to this is "By ensuring that your operating system locality preferences are set correctly before you install." Microsoft Office picks up all its global settings from the "Language and Text" system preferences in OS 10.6 (I think they were called something else in 10.5). If this has been done wrongly at installation, you need to set the System Preferences correctly and then delete the individual user's...

Unable to connect to other users mailbox
Hello, I’ve just added a second exchange server to our Org, and found that users on the new server can not open mailboxes on the old server after I moved their mailbox, which they were able to do before the migration. It’s been 2 days now so I know AD replication is not the issue. When someone attempts to open a mailbox on the old server, Outlook (2003) throws the error: “Unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened.” I have read article 830830 from the knowledge base. I did not follow the instructions because the msExchMailboxSecurityDescriptor attribute exi...

File Name Length
Does anyone know if filenames can be longer than 31 characters in Office 2004? Thanks. In article <19bee01c41cec$47393e90$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "JM" <doubledawg9498@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone know if filenames can be longer than 31 characters in Office > 2004? Thanks. FIrst, you *can* have filenames longer than 31 characters in Office v.X already - you just can't generate them. While v.X apps display a hash at the end of a long filename, it keeps the filename intact when you save. MS hasn't announced anything regarding long file names in 2004 ye...

Updating Accounts #2
I just upgraded to Money Plus Deluxe (Have XP) When I go into Money it states its "updating account" and my CPU usage is at 99% when I run Money. There are NO accounts that are being automatically updated as I do them all manually. The "updating accounts" icon stays up until I finally have to turn off computer because I cannot work on any other part of money as it says it is doing an online function. PLEASE HELP.. It also goes online to seek its own updates. Do you have SSL2 enabled in Internet Options? Do you have firewall software enabled beyond the XP firewall...

Return the name of the object I click on in a form
Hi, How do I go about returning the name of an object on a form. For example if I set the "On Click" event procedure on a rectangle object to return: MsgBox Me.Name I get the form name. What I want to do is click on the object and be abe to reference it's properties such as Tag to run other code based in these values. As always any assistance is greatly appreciated. Regards, John Dumay For the name of the control try Screen.ActiveControl.Name For the control itself use Screen.ActiveControl -- AG Email: discussATadhdataDOTcom "John Dumay" <JohnDumay@dis...

User Deleted From Active Directory Still holds a License
Hi All, So along time ago a user was deleted from our Active Directory and she still holds a license. How do I free up her license. I have tried threw the front end but it gives me the error "make sure object exsists in the active directory." any ideas Mark See the answer above. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 16:09:03 -0800, "ACDMark" <ACDMark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi All, So along time ago a user was deleted from our Active Directory and she st...

save attachment dialog box
Does anyone know how to change the dialog box that opens up when you click on an attachment to open, instead of save? The boss thinks he wastes too much time changing the checkbox. My guess would be somewhere in the registry, but don't know where or how. What exactly do you mean? You mean the dialog that comes up and promps you to Save, Open or Cancel? The "Confirm Open after Download" can only be modified with local admnistrator permissions as it changes the registry of the local computer. Control Panel-> Folder Options-> tab File Types -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-O...

named range scope...
i get confused... a named range can have: a global level (to the entire workbook), or a worksheet level (to the active worksheet), or a ... also, i've really looked, but can't find good information on how to define 1 level name vs. the other... (any direction on this ?) Mark, Just the two. A workbook name is created by just inserting a name in the Names box, such as myRange. A worksheet name is created by adding the sheet name to the name in the Names box, such as Sheet1!myRange. You can then also create Sheet2!myRange. You can only add a worksheet name if ...

E-Mail accounts delayed in being available
When I create a new network user and exchange account the email address is delayed in showing up in the contact lists. It used to show up immediately, but now there is a big delay. Is there some setting I need to change to speed up synchronization? Thanks, Kevin On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 08:39:01 -0800, KJacks <KJacks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I create a new network user and exchange account the email address is >delayed in showing up in the contact lists. It used to show up immediately, >but now there is a big delay. Is there some setting I need to change to spe...

Excel.Application User-define Error
In trying to solve a Access to Excel data linking problem from Microsoft's site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904953 I am trying to run the example and it dies on Dim xlApp As Excel.ApplicationThe error message I get is "Compile error: User-defined type not defined." Is there something I need to add like a reference in order to get this to work?Mike You need to add a reference to Excel (through Tools | References while in the VB Editor). Personally, I prefer using Late Binding, since setting a reference then limits your application to only those users with the same ...

Exchane 5.5 IMC Naming
I need to change the FQDN display name on a 5.5 Exchange IMC. Currently the server displays netbiosname.localdomain, where it should read the FQDN of the server. I've searched the registry and misc. config files in the Exchange directory to no avail. In Exchange 2K + you can set this in the server SMTP config. However there is no place to set this in 5.5. Any ideas? Thanks for the help. We ran into a similar issue. We found our options to be either configure our reverse lookup records to our internal namespace or change the domain suffix of the smtp machine. We ended up changing ...

need registration name and key for reinstall
I purchased Money 2007 Premium in August, 2006, via Digital River download and I also ordered a backup CD. Everything worked fine until my computer died. Now I am trying to install Money on a new computer using the same backup CD. But it pops up a window entitled "Key Expired". It appears that I need a "registration name and key", "exactly as given to you". Perhaps I did receive this information before but it would now be lost on my dead computer. Is there a way to retrieve the requisite magic cookies from someone's web site? And what credentials...