Running Reports from Exchange

Hello--

We are trying to create a "counter" of sorts for every email sent to our IT
Support department. Is there anything in Exchange 2003 Standard that would
allow us to do that?

Any other tools you can think of that allow folks to track emails sent to
group distribution lists?

Many thanks,

sd
0
razor (70)

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:15:02 -0700, razor
<razor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello--
>
>We are trying to create a "counter" of sorts for every email sent to our IT
>Support department. Is there anything in Exchange 2003 Standard that would
>allow us to do that?
>
>Any other tools you can think of that allow folks to track emails sent to
>group distribution lists?
>
>Many thanks,
>
>sd

Is this all you want to do? Simply filtering the messages by day will
give you an instant view in nothing more complex than Outlook.

If you want something more complex then you need to come up with a
hell of a lot more things you want to do to make the effort and
expense worth it.
0
mark7219 (5666)
6/7/2006 4:26:41 PM
What we'd really like to have available is a report we could run, say
monthly, that would show all the messages sent to IT over a month period. I'm
a little familiar with filtering, but I haven't used it for that.

sd

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:15:02 -0700, razor
> <razor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello--
> >
> >We are trying to create a "counter" of sorts for every email sent to our IT
> >Support department. Is there anything in Exchange 2003 Standard that would
> >allow us to do that?
> >
> >Any other tools you can think of that allow folks to track emails sent to
> >group distribution lists?
> >
> >Many thanks,
> >
> >sd
>
> Is this all you want to do? Simply filtering the messages by day will
> give you an instant view in nothing more complex than Outlook.
>
> If you want something more complex then you need to come up with a
> hell of a lot more things you want to do to make the effort and
> expense worth it.

0
razor (70)
6/7/2006 4:43:02 PM
Look at promodag

http://www.promodag.com/products/reports/newV7.aspx

Mark Arnold [MVP] wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:15:02 -0700, razor
> <razor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

>>Hello--
>>
>>We are trying to create a "counter" of sorts for every email sent to our IT
>>Support department. Is there anything in Exchange 2003 Standard that would
>>allow us to do that?
>>
>>Any other tools you can think of that allow folks to track emails sent to
>>group distribution lists?
>>
>>Many thanks,
>>
>>sd
>

> Is this all you want to do? Simply filtering the messages by day will
> give you an instant view in nothing more complex than Outlook.
>
> If you want something more complex then you need to come up with a
> hell of a lot more things you want to do to make the effort and
> expense worth it.
Thanks. I'll take a look. I see there is a 45-day evaluation. Cool.

sd

"Riccardo" wrote:

> Look at promodag
>
> http://www.promodag.com/products/reports/newV7.aspx
>

> Mark Arnold [MVP] wrote:
> > On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:15:02 -0700, razor
> > <razor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >

> >>Hello--
> >>
> >>We are trying to create a "counter" of sorts for every email sent to our IT
> >>Support department. Is there anything in Exchange 2003 Standard that would
> >>allow us to do that?
> >>
> >>Any other tools you can think of that allow folks to track emails sent to
> >>group distribution lists?
> >>
> >>Many thanks,
> >>
> >>sd
> >

> > Is this all you want to do? Simply filtering the messages by day will
> > give you an instant view in nothing more complex than Outlook.
> >
> > If you want something more complex then you need to come up with a
> > hell of a lot more things you want to do to make the effort and
> > expense worth it.

0
razor (70)
6/7/2006 4:59:01 PM
Mark

Can you please tell me if there is a product that can track the volume of
calendar meetings scheduled instead of messages.  For example a histogram
that shows how many meetings each user scheduled or attended or how many
hours spent during those meetings.  Any help would  be greatly appreciated

"razor" wrote:

> Thanks. I'll take a look. I see there is a 45-day evaluation. Cool.
>
> sd
>
> "Riccardo" wrote:
>

> > Look at promodag
> >
> > http://www.promodag.com/products/reports/newV7.aspx
> >

> > Mark Arnold [MVP] wrote:

> > > Is this all you want to do? Simply filtering the messages by day will
> > > give you an instant view in nothing more complex than Outlook.
> > >
> > > If you want something more complex then you need to come up with a
> > > hell of a lot more things you want to do to make the effort and
> > > expense worth it.

0
Joe (497)
6/7/2006 5:10:02 PM
On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 10:10:02 -0700, joe <joe@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Mark
>
>Can you please tell me if there is a product that can track the volume of
>calendar meetings scheduled instead of messages.  For example a histogram
>that shows how many meetings each user scheduled or attended or how many
>hours spent during those meetings.  Any help would  be greatly appreciated

Not sure about the histogram capabilities but from memory the Promodag
(and I think the Quest Spotlight) will give you a breakdown of
calendar use.
0
mark7219 (5666)
6/7/2006 5:40:40 PM
The Promodag is what I often suggest but your management would need a
lot more business case than one tiny statistic to purchase the product
for.
That was my point. Quest's Spotlight might be the better solution,
depending on what you want to do, which you didn't yet elaborate on.

0
mark7219 (5666)
6/7/2006 5:42:10 PM
Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.  The company is simply
interested in obtaining information about how much time a user spends in
meetings during their regular work days over a period of 6 months.  I thought
that the  data like number of meetings scheduled or attended by the user
could be obtained through exchange programming.  I called Quest, and it seems
that their software may not be able to do that.  I am waiting for their call.
 Thanks again

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> The Promodag is what I often suggest but your management would need a
> lot more business case than one tiny statistic to purchase the product
> for.
> That was my point. Quest's Spotlight might be the better solution,
> depending on what you want to do, which you didn't yet elaborate on.

0
Joe (497)

CRM Email account for Exchange has thousands of emails in it.
Is it normal for Exchange to store all emails sent to the CRM email account used for the Exchange router? Do I need to do something in CRM or more likely Exchange to purge these? We have a client that has 7000 emails in it after a couple months. -- Thanks, Brian The emails in the CRM email account should be auto-purged. No user intervention is required. On the Exhange box, - Check that the CRM-Exchange Email Router Service is started - Check the Event log. Thanks for this. So now I have found the the email address set up in when installing the CRM Exchange router is wrong...

Any Help documentation for Exchange 2007?
E2k7' help button gives 'Cannot display Help' Technical details: HC not found. (MS.OSSADMIN.manifest , 1033) Did I miss something? Not all the help is completed in the Beta 2 release. "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:1161634519.758601.285030@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > E2k7' help button gives 'Cannot display Help' Technical details: HC not > found. (MS.OSSADMIN.manifest , 1033) > Did I miss something? > ...

Budgets - Bills - Reports
Summary: I have a recurring bill that appears in my budget in the correct category – with the monthly expense of $9.95 and M07 shows that it has budgeted $9.95 to pay for that bill. When I look at that category in several reports, the reports show that I have $0 set aside for that category, and that I am overspent in that category by $9.95. Can anyone help explain how/why budgets and bills seem to have a relationship, but this relationship does not carry over into the actual reports? The Details: I have typed in all of my bills into the bills section. For simplicity, I will only tal...

Exchange Crash -- all we have is the ispriv.edb file
Hello all -- A client of mine never did any exchange 2003 backups, but did copy over the ispriv.edb file over to an external USB harddrive. All we want to do is pull the email out of that directory (8GB file) and put it into .pst files. Then, Ill reinstall Exchange, and open each person's mail box and copy the contents of each .PST file back to the server. My question is: If I only have the ISPRIV.EDB file, how do I get mail out of it ? Is there some super cool easy to use tool for this? ;-) Any help appreciated!! Sincerely, Blake http://wm.quest.com/products/recoverymanage...

Locking down relaying in Exchange 2000
Hello All, I have searched this newsgroup for recommendations for shutting down the open relay capabilities in Exchange Server 2000. I ran the relay test from a site recommended in a previous post in this group: http://msv.dk/ This test ran and the following are the failures listed from the test. Note: The Ip address, Servername, and domain name have been changed to protect the ignorant (me). Can anyone explain how each of these failures were caused, and even more importantly, how to block them, if, in fact, they are true failures? At the time of this test, the test did not check for ful...

Report by Sales Rep
RMS should have a report that lets you see the items a sales rep has sold for a given time period. Or does that already exist and I can't find it? Thanks, Nick https://mbs.microsoft.com/downloads/customer/Custom_Detailed_Sales_by_Sales_Rep.zip Rob <nick@realkiteboarding.com> wrote in message news:FNf4e.4650$Kx5.1158@fe03.lga... > RMS should have a report that lets you see the items a sales rep has sold > for a given time period. > > Or does that already exist and I can't find it? > > Thanks, > Nick > Thanks Rob "Rob" <rob@retail...

User Access Reporting
Hello Everybody, Does anyone know of a better way to audit security for individual users that the User Security report? Even with the options set to include Accessible Items only, we're finding the report for a single user runs well over 100 pages. With that kind of bulk, both the generation and review of the reports becomes a major endeavor. We're currently using GP9, with plans to go to 10 this year. Thanks, Jeremy Hi Jeremy Have you looked at the Rockton Software add-on called Security Auditor? I think it will do everything you are looking for and more. -- Fliehigh &q...

Print button on Report form
Hi all :-) =20 Access 2007 Pro Plus, Vista Ultimate SP2 I am preparing a small app for a friend who is handicapped, and am = trying to make things as simple as possible for them to use. I am trying = to limit the number of functions and clicks necessary to accomplish = tasks as much as possible, and would like to try an idea. I want to add a small button on the report form that will print the = report when clicked. I have done this on display forms to print as a = report, but, not on a report form. In trying to add such a button to the = report form in 2007 I am not being offered...

how to insert chart for imported data in a report?
plz reply soon if you know Please use the large white space under the subject to enter a detailed question. It also helps to read some past threads that might pertain to your question (whatever it is). -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "varsha from pilibhit" wrote: > plz reply soon if you know ...

Money Reports #3
I was wondering if anyone could tell me why MS Money counts credit card payments from my checking account as income?? Does anyone know how I can fix the problem? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, jagpit wrote: >I was wondering if anyone could tell me why MS Money counts credit card >payments from my checking account as income?? Does anyone know how I >can fix the problem? Use a single Transfer transaction from bottom of the list under SPECIAL. This assumes you are using "Advanced" register setting. "jagpit" <fbbc83@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:11...

New to exchange #3
Does anyone know how to take a large file break it down to smaller parts send it through outlook and then merge it back into one file within outlook on the other end. Apparently there is a way to do thi within outlook. There isn't anyway to do that with Outlook. You could do it with WinRAR, or search for a program on google called HJSplit. Winzip can create files like that too, but I prefer WinRAR. -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition cannot connect to Exchange Server 2007
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have been using Entourage 2008 to connect to our Exchange server since it's release (part of Office 2008) and I have recently followed the instructions to update it to the Web Services Edition. I am now unable to connect to my Exchange account with this version but as soon as I re-install the 'normal' version of Entourage 2008 everything works. <br><br>Is there something I need to enable on the Exchange 2007 server to allow the Web Services Edition to connect? ...

Running Totals
Hi, everyody. I have prepard a worksheet that logs electicity meter readings. Against each reading I want the previous added to the current so I can view a running total of the electricity used for the year each week. Example: Column G shows the KWH used for that week. Column H shows the number of KWH used as a running total. This works okay with (H2)+(G3) H2 being the previous week's total. My problem is, when auto inserting the whole year's column the last entry shows all the way to the bottom of the worksheet. Is there a formula I can use so that the part of the column...

Setting Public Folder Permissions (Exchange 2003)
We have a public folder on our Exchange server that stores all of our client contact information. I know that there is a way to assign permissions (Owner, Editor, etc) to the other Exchange users. I did this once or twice when we were on Exchange 5.5. How would I do that on Exchange 2003? It is in the Exchange Tasks of each user in AD? Is it something in the Exchange console that I am missing? forgot to send you the link (-: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=635BE792-D8AD-49E3-ADA4-E2422C0AB424&displaylang=en oz -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu __________...

problem while starting "Microsoft Exchange Information Store" service
Hi, I am facing some problem with starting "Microsoft Exchange Information Store" service. Did a fresh exchange server installation and after reboot this service was not running. I tried running this service manually but getting error as "Could not start Microsoft Exchange Information Store service on Local Computer Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion" In the event Application logs i am getting some warnings and error related to 1. The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the DS, error ...

Exporting existing info from outlook 2003 to exchange server
This must be an easy thing to do or it is not possible. I'm hoping that what I am about to describe is easy and I'm just missing something ? We got exchange server to share calendars and inbox information. I set up exchange server - no problem. I have Outlook 2003 on one machine and have outlook 2002 on other. The Outlook 2003 machine has a ton of data and a calendar that goes out almost another year with appointments. I am able to delegate and allow the 2002 Outlook user to share a calendar and inbox on the exchange server - albeit ... the calendar and inbox are empty. I was feeli...

CRM 1.2 SBS 2003 Can not install exchange email router
Logged on as domain admin throughout. Installed CRM successfully, followed install instructions, did not install to local host installed web to a hostheader of "companyweb" port 80. during Exchange email router setup I get an error when specifying CRM server and web - "one or more os the MS CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator priveleges on that server...." server name: sbssrb01 web http://companyweb If I go into IIS can not open CRM web get - http Error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. All services are on 1 server "sbssrv01&qu...

Exchange 2000 not sending email
FYI Windows 2000 Server 5.00.2195 Service Pack 3 (Fresh install) Exchange 5.5 (Fresh Install) Exchange Enterprise Server 2000 (upgrade version) Note : Exchange 5.5 was installed and immediately upgraded to 2000. It was not configured etc. Cannot send emails ... internal users can send/receive to/from each other .. emails can be retrieved from net ... users cannot send out. Some other info. Queues hold messages and never go .. always come back approx 48hrs later failure ... All queues based on remote delivery never "GO" Always bounced back ISP says the mx records 'look good...

Exchange Send as question
Good Day, I have a problem that perhaps somebody out there can help me with. We are running an Exchange Server 2003 with SP1 on a Windows 2003 with SP1 server. I have a user named Anne who is the Admin for two people Aaron and Liz. A few months back Anne wanted rights to send email as Aaron so she can just send email as him with out the On Behalf showing up in the email. I went to class after that and I asked the question on how can I do it. They said that I should just give her full rights to Aaron mailbox. So she already had full rights so I added the from option to her Outlook ...

Inbound email statistics/reports/monitoring
I'm looking for a way to monitor my exchange server's inbound email so that I can get a list of the biggest spammers. At the moment I am getting spammed by 10K+ undeliverable messages a day so I want to figure out who the more persistant servers are and block future messages. With this much activity on my server I am worried that it is degrading the performance. I know most of you would tell me to RTFM but I think this is the quickest way for me to get help while I work on other issues. Thanks for your help, Ben What version of Exchange? If you're not running Exchange ...

Excel runs slowly, but only when connected to a network
I have an excel program that runs very slowly when connected to a network. When I physically disconnect the lan, the program runs fine. Other excel programs I have run fine when my computer is attached to the network. The program in question has about 10 macros (nothing unusual, I have other programs more complex that work fine). Has anyone experienced anything like this? Thanks for your help in advance. Does your file maybe look for other data outside itself?............if its trying to find that data in your C drive directory maybe it finds it fast, but if trying while on the ne...

Question About NNTP in Exchange 2003?
Hi, I am wondering if the NNTP in Exchange 2003 is flexable at all in pulling NNTP new service from normal news group servers without having to the high rated coporate fees? I have an accounts with Usenetserver.com which allows me to pull 2.5Gigs per day up to 6 connections at once. I don't want to attempt till I know for certain if it will work or not, the last night I tried this on Exchange 2000 I couldn't get rid of all the news group names which filled up my public folders. :( Regards, Andrew Ezbidz Auctions ...

RPC over HTTP Advanced Server w/ Advanced Server & Exchange 2k3
Is is possible to implement RPC without installing Advanced Server 2003? I'm still using Server 2000 but have just upgraded my exchange to 2003. Thanx Requirements to use RPC over HTTP To use RPC over HTTP, your computers must meet the following requirements. Server requirements Your computer must be running Microsoft Windows Server 2003. You must install Windows Server 2003 on the computers that are running Exchange Server 2003. RPC over HTTP requires Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003. RPC over HTTP also requires Windows Server 2003 in a Global Catalog role. Client requ...

GAL
Hi Folks: We have a new install of Exchange 2007 running on a single box using W2k3 Std. x64. The Exchange 2007 is our Hub, Client Access, and Mailbox server. No other exchange servers are in the organization. I have 400 contact cards that are in an Active Directory OU called "External Contacts". I've run the OAB generator (setting the logging level to Expert using the Shell). The OAB Generates without error. However, none of the External Contacts are showing up. It would appear that the GAL is not picking up on these contacts. So even though the OAB Generator has run,...

email cannot store in exchange 2003 server
i'm using exchange 2003 server and outlook 2003 (pop3) as client computer, i tick the box to keep email in server when use outlook 2003 to receive email, but I cannot find any mail in server afterwards, anybody know why? thanks!!! JY Try this: Create and configure the "Message Size Limit" registry entry, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK. 2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeWEB\OWA 3. Right-click OWA, click New, and then click DWORD Value. 4...