Running out of memory

I have some 55 users on an Exchange Server 2003 Std and I am getting a
warning 'Out Of Virtual Memory' on the server console.

The server has Exchange Server 2003 SP2 installed with 2 GB RAM.

The Virual Memory set up is using 'System Managed Size'.

I have been running with this config without problems for a few months now.

When the message 'Out Of Virtual Memory' appears, no-one can access their
mailbox from the clients although the server continues to run OK.

The only way that I have been able to resolve this is by rebooting the
Exchange Server, which happens about once a day.

Thanks

Maurice

0
Maurice1 (5)

How about anything new to the server (i.e. AntiVirus changes, fax
programs, integrated VM systems, disk defragmenters for the file sys,
etc)?

C. Smith
Enso Technologies, Incorporated
http://www.ensotech.com

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:40:02 +0100, "Maurice Bishop"
<Maurice@No-Email-Here-Please.com> wrote:

>I have some 55 users on an Exchange Server 2003 Std and I am getting a
>warning 'Out Of Virtual Memory' on the server console.
>
>The server has Exchange Server 2003 SP2 installed with 2 GB RAM.
>
>The Virual Memory set up is using 'System Managed Size'.
>
>I have been running with this config without problems for a few months now.
>
>When the message 'Out Of Virtual Memory' appears, no-one can access their
>mailbox from the clients although the server continues to run OK.
>
>The only way that I have been able to resolve this is by rebooting the
>Exchange Server, which happens about once a day.
>
>Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>
>Maurice

Christopher Smith
csmith@ensotech.com
Enso Technologies, Incorporated
http://www.ensotech.com

0
csmith6515 (48)
6/13/2006 11:19:47 AM
No, nothing new.

Should I be using the /3GB switch in boot.ini with Exchange Server 2003 Std?

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3Perf_ScalGuide/cca8ad17-462b-49b5-8647-2a69606245bb.mspx?mfr=true

TX

Maurice

________________________________

"C. Smith" <csmith@ensotech.com> wrote in message
> How about anything new to the server (i.e. AntiVirus changes, fax
> programs, integrated VM systems, disk defragmenters for the file sys,
> etc)?
>
> C. Smith
> Enso Technologies, Incorporated
> http://www.ensotech.com
>

> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:40:02 +0100, "Maurice Bishop"
> <Maurice@No-Email-Here-Please.com> wrote:
>
>>I have some 55 users on an Exchange Server 2003 Std and I am getting a
>>warning 'Out Of Virtual Memory' on the server console.
>>
>>The server has Exchange Server 2003 SP2 installed with 2 GB RAM.
>>
>>The Virual Memory set up is using 'System Managed Size'.
>>
>>I have been running with this config without problems for a few months
>>now.
>>
>>When the message 'Out Of Virtual Memory' appears, no-one can access their
>>mailbox from the clients although the server continues to run OK.
>>
>>The only way that I have been able to resolve this is by rebooting the
>>Exchange Server, which happens about once a day.
>>
>>Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Maurice
>>

> Christopher Smith
> csmith@ensotech.com
> Enso Technologies, Incorporated
> http://www.ensotech.com

0
Maurice1 (5)
6/13/2006 11:29:11 AM
Yes, since you have more than 1GB RAM.

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

"Maurice Bishop" <Maurice@No-Email-Here-Please.com> wrote in message
> No, nothing new.
>
> Should I be using the /3GB switch in boot.ini with Exchange Server 2003
> Std?
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3Perf_ScalGuide/cca8ad17-462b-49b5-8647-2a69606245bb.mspx?mfr=true
>
> TX
>
> Maurice
>
> ________________________________
>
> "C. Smith" <csmith@ensotech.com> wrote in message
>> How about anything new to the server (i.e. AntiVirus changes, fax
>> programs, integrated VM systems, disk defragmenters for the file sys,
>> etc)?
>>
>> C. Smith
>> Enso Technologies, Incorporated
>> http://www.ensotech.com
>>

>> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:40:02 +0100, "Maurice Bishop"
>> <Maurice@No-Email-Here-Please.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I have some 55 users on an Exchange Server 2003 Std and I am getting a
>>>warning 'Out Of Virtual Memory' on the server console.
>>>
>>>The server has Exchange Server 2003 SP2 installed with 2 GB RAM.
>>>
>>>The Virual Memory set up is using 'System Managed Size'.
>>>
>>>I have been running with this config without problems for a few months
>>>now.
>>>
>>>When the message 'Out Of Virtual Memory' appears, no-one can access their
>>>mailbox from the clients although the server continues to run OK.
>>>
>>>The only way that I have been able to resolve this is by rebooting the
>>>Exchange Server, which happens about once a day.
>>>
>>>Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>
>>>Maurice
>>>

>> Christopher Smith
>> csmith@ensotech.com
>> Enso Technologies, Incorporated
>> http://www.ensotech.com

0
neil.hobson (1158)
6/13/2006 12:31:34 PM
Run Exchange Best Practices Analyzer to find out what configurations you
need to change.

Nue
>I have some 55 users on an Exchange Server 2003 Std and I am getting a
>warning 'Out Of Virtual Memory' on the server console.
>
> The server has Exchange Server 2003 SP2 installed with 2 GB RAM.
>
> The Virual Memory set up is using 'System Managed Size'.
>
> I have been running with this config without problems for a few months
> now.
>
> When the message 'Out Of Virtual Memory' appears, no-one can access their
> mailbox from the clients although the server continues to run OK.
>
> The only way that I have been able to resolve this is by rebooting the
> Exchange Server, which happens about once a day.
>
> Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Maurice

0
imaneophyte (3004)
6/13/2006 12:55:11 PM
"Maurice Bishop" <Maurice@No-Email-Here-Please.com> wrote:

>No, nothing new.

It doesn't have to be new to be a problem.

>Should I be using the /3GB switch in boot.ini with Exchange Server 2003 Std?

If you have more than 1GB of memory (which you say you do), yes. But
it's probably not going to help with this problem. Somewhere you have
something that's leaking memory.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

To change the application to start if i run a hyperlink
I have on a notebook a cell with a hyperklink to a image of .jpg type. When i click on hyperlink, excel (2003) run Internet Explorer 7 application, bat i want to open and to run Picture Manager application. On my desktop, for the sames conditions, run Picture Manager: Can i change on the notebook the application to open my .jpg file (Picture Manager instead I.E. 7)? Thanks for your help P.S. Scuse me for my incorrect exposure Giuseppe, Try this (For Windows XP): Open your "My computer" choose Tools / Folder Options... "File Types" tab, then select JPG files and in t...

store.exe consuming large amount of memory
Just recently, our SBS server is running much slower randomly. The store.exe process begins consuming about 700 megs of memory or more. After about 10 minutes it goes down and the server becomes usable again. During the memory spike, users can't connect and the server slows to a crawl. Any ideas? store.exe will by design consume as muc memory as provided to it. what else is running on the SBS server? -- Thanks, Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP www.briandesmond.com "Brian S" <BrianS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27359231-8C25-4BF4-A03D-63697620...

Can I force the system move memory to virtual memory ?
Hi, As all we have noticed, when an application is minimized, the system will move the phical memory it used to virtual memory. Is there a API or function call that will allow me to do it programingly, so I can make it happen without have to minimize my program ? Thanks in advance Jeff JeffChen wrote: > Hi, > > As all we have noticed, when an application is minimized, the system will > move the phical memory it used to virtual memory. Is there a API or function > call that will allow me to do > it programingly, so I can make it happen without have to minimize my progr...

tutorials don't run
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel the tutorials located in the online help menu within word do not run. i'm trying to find out how to link footer to previous without doing the same to header. I don't know anything about the tutorial. Do do what you want. Menu: View/Formatting Pallette Menu: View/Header and Footer Put cursor into the Header. Uncheck "Link to Previous" Put cursor into the Footer. Check "Link to Previous". --rms www.rmschneider.com On 11/02/10 22:11, alhill@officeformac.com...

Need some Sharerpoint help. Running SBS 2003
I've gotten so much help in this group I figured I'd ask and you'd all point me in the right direction. We are a small construction company running SBS 2003. I (as a project manager) am getting buried under a mountain of paper. But, I'm tech savy and built and support our SBS environment including exchange BES, DR etc. I use data in or sorts of ways, we generate lots of docs, xls's, pdf's, fax's, Scanned material, pictures, internet content etc. We need access to this data locally in the office and on our BB's and via remote access. I like kee...

Run a macro on a fixed date cycle
Hi Is there a way to run a macro - "Update_Me" - on a fixed date, say the first of every month? Thanks in advance Steve Steve, There's no way to do waht you want without opening the workbook on that day. If we assum you open the workbook everyday, the ideal way to achieve ehat you want is to create ans 'Auto_exec' macro that performs a check on the date, and then either exits doing nothing, or runs your update macro, depending on the result of the date check. Depending how volatile your source data is you may need to add some validation and safety checks to en...

SBS 2008 "Run as Admin" Missing
Help!!!! I think I'm going bonkers here... I'm just trying to add a 32 bit printer to my SBS 2008 server... I'm sure when I set this server up I worked out this right click on the ADD PRINTER and select "Run as Administrator" to elevate the level of the install... I'm logged in as the Admin and run up Control Panel and right click on the ADD PRINTER and there are NO options to "Run as Administrator"..?, where have they all gone...?, I've tried everything, can any one help me...? Something must have got turned off here..., but I'...

Why is the Database Daemon running when a new session or reboot is launched
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Every now and then, the database Daemon launches when I start a new session or reboot, do a system cleanup with Cocktail or just repair permissions. <br><br>It gobbles up a lot of CPU and sometimes it just seems that nothing is happening (looking into Activity Monitor shows the MIcrosoft database Daemo in &quot;red&quot; , i.e not responding); this can last quite long. Eventually, the MDD window shows progress bars. <br><br>Very annoying when you log in and need to send an email...

Office 2003 macro won't run in Office 2007
I did post this on the Excel Programming site, but not really a lot of insight came back, so I'm hoping a Powerpoint expert can help! I created a macro in Office 2003 using early binding to copy data from Excel into Powerpoint...not the greatest code...but it worked! Now my users are switching to Office 2007 and the code won't run! I have include what I believe to be the relevant string of code below. Dim objPPT As Object Set objPPT = CreateObject("PowerPoint.Application") objPPT.Visible = True Dim PPApp As PowerPoint.Application Dim PPPres As PowerPoint...

Run-time error '3183' Not enough space on temporary disk
Can anyone shed some light on what this error means and how to fix it? This database runs automatically each week and has worked fine up until today. Now each time it reaches a specific query it gives me this error. Does this have something to do with the jet*.tmp files? I can provide more info if needed. Thanks in advance. How big is the datebase file(s)? The newer versions of Access have a maximum of 2 GB size. You could try to do a Compact and Repair to bring down the file size. Also check how much free space there is on the drive holding the database file. You could just be running o...

Run time Error RMS 1.3
I had upgraded since 1 month before from RMS 1.2 to 1.3 with the following configuration Windows 2003 (SP1) SQL server 2000(SP4) RMS 1.3 This configuration is same on both side RMS (SO and HQ) and I am facing system hanging problem in both side (SO and HQ). Some time in HQ run time error windows comes and it quit for the application by closing whole application and some time during purchase order printing it hanged up. In SO we are facing this problem on daily basis. During sales transaction EPOS hang up with runtime error and hang up and we always found some sales transaction miss...

IIF statement run amuck
I'm running a query that shows sums of several fields. For one field I want to replace a null with 14. Im using the follwoing conditional statement in the criteria for field ARO: =IIf(IsNull([ARO]),"14",[ARO]) The query runs fine. Problem is it removes any row where this field is null. I've tried everything I can think of to get the query to run the way i need it to. Any ideas as to what I've done wrong? RHM -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Where in the query did you put this? I think you want it in the Field row, so you see the 14 wherever...

Adding an image to a form in run time
I have an application which enables the user to enter the parameters of a new project, which will help size the project and estimate a cost. As part of the application, I want to add an image of the finished product. I've ried every combinatin of controls: image, bound & unbound objects, but have not found the solution. The ideal situation would be to have a default image on the form, with a button that would trigger code to allow the user to browse for a different picture, and replace the original. It could be a link relationship to the picture, but the application i...

excel runs very slow with large matrices
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi everyone! Since I migrated to Macs over a year ago, I'm having trouble with Excel 2008. When I need to work with a large matrix, for instance 500x300, Excel runs very slowly. And it is not slow only for making calculations, it is especially slow for simply scrolling up and down or to the side. It's almost unbelievable. In Excel 2007 for Windows running under VMWare Fusion 2.0 in the same iMac, speed is much faster with the same matrix. Can someone please help me? Is there a way to make Excel:Mac 2008...

Any way to make exchange run an EXE on a message when it arrives?
Say there... is there any way to have Exchange server run an EXE on a message when it arrives? For example, I want to write a program that will receive incoming status messages and act on those status messages, ideally by passing the actual message text (filename or the actual instance) to an EXE so that the EXE can process it in real time, when it arrives... Any pointers on this subject? Andy transport event sink perhaps. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- <green@ids.net> wrote in message news:1139946...

REQ: Stopping RUN commands from clearing
OS: WinXpPro SP3 Build 2600 Is there any way to stop Windows from clearing my RUN command lines from clearing when I reboot? TIA Donchano wrote: > OS: WinXpPro SP3 Build 2600 > > Is there any way to stop Windows from clearing my RUN command lines > from clearing when I reboot? TIA Windows doesn't clear the Run command history by itself, you must have used another tool to enable this. Maybe you enabled this with TweakUI or something like CCleaner? John On Jan 13, 7:48=A0am, John John - MVP <audetw...@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote: > Donchano wrote: >...

Forcing Text Import Wizard to run
Is there any way that I can force the Text Import Wizard to run when opening a file, from the command line, in Excel? We have a program that outputs .rpt files, which are comma delimited, and I have added a file association to open them in Excel. Unfortunately they then open with all data in one column. I know I can change the extension to .txt, but then each file has to be opened from within outlook. I want to be able to double click the file and open excel automatically, with the Import Text Wizard started. I want to modify the file association configuration to force the text wizard to run. ...

Can Access 2007 be Run as Admistrator
Using Vista: have launched an .adp project created at another site on another computer, using the SQL Server at that site. Now, from home, I want to change the data source to the local SQL Server database on my PC here at home. So, I entered the local SQL Server name in the Data Link Properties dialog box, and pressed the Test Connection button. Getting an error message: "Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Login failed for user 'SLINDEED\(My name). If I cannot run as Administrator or change the server name, Catch 22? Thanks, Dean S &q...

Macro running problem
When I run a macro it stops at the following point : ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _ "=ISNA(MATCH(ControlCentre!RC3,Purchases!R24C65:R2000C65,0))L"""" INDEX(Purchases!R24C[17]:R2000C[17],MATCH(ControlCentre!RC3,Purchases!R24C65 :R2000C65,0))=""UpdateCC"" INDEX(Purchases!R24C42:R2000C42,MATCH(ControlCentre!RC3,Purchases!R24C65:R20 00C65,0))?"""" " Here is the leading and ending portion of the macro: Range("H77").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _ "=ISNA(MATCH(ControlCentre!RC3,Purcha...

Can't Run 2004 off LAN
I can't run 2004 when I disconnect from my LAN at work where I installed it. I tried to uninstall and reinstall without the connection and deleting all associated files that I could find and it still won't start. So I reinstalled it again connected to the LAN and it works fine. Am I forced to only use this program connected to the LAN? In microsoft.public.money, Reed wrote: >I can't run 2004 when I disconnect from my LAN at work >where I installed it. I tried to uninstall and reinstall >without the connection and deleting all associated files >that I coul...

Can't run add user wizard SBS console feature not installed correc
I have recently installed Windows SBS 2008 on a Dell PowerEdge T605. After completing the installation and running all the Windows updates, I tried to add the users and groups to the server. The first time I ran the Windows SBS console and clicked on the Users and Groups tab, I receive the error message. "The Windows SBS console feature is not setup correctly." The wizard window appears behind the error message and disappears when the error is dismissed. User Roles tab shows no roles and attempting to add a role gives the same issue as a new User. Groups behave the sam...

Vista Run-Time error 70, Permission Denied
Has anyonoe found an easy way to deal with this error yet? It happens when using the "SendKeys" in a funcntion such as the one shown below. This code ran perfect under WinXP. I came across this blog, but I'm wondering if there is a better way to handle it. Looks like MS has known about this for over a year. http://blogs.msdn.com/davbosch/archive/2006/02/26/539470.aspx ******************************************* Private Sub Form_Load() Me!cmdDataSheet.Visible = False Me!lblDatasheetviewonScreen.Visible = False 'Move the focus to the list box and highlight t...

how to set outlook to run at startup?
I can't seem to remember where to set it up to run at startup. I set it on my desktop but not on my laptop. I forgot where to do this, help? Put a shortcut to Outlook in the Start Up folder of the Start Menu -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "ted" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12cd01c43b8f$8c4dd650$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I can't seem to remember where to set it up to run at > startup. I set it on my desktop but no...

Excel 97 out of memory
We have a large speadsheet with lots of macros. It will run on Win98 with 128MB of memory. On Win XP with 1GB of memory we get a message that says Excel out of Memory. However when we check the usage XP says we still hav over 600MB available. Why can 98 run a spreadsheet and XP does not when the XP box is new, XP Pro, has lots more memory etc? We are looking for answers or theories. Thanks. ...

inetinfo memory increasing, normal?
i was just wondering- the inetinfo process is increasing steadily and never seems to drop. It is not spiking it just is steadily increasing everyday even when no users are logged onto the mail server. I am using exchange 2003 sp2 with the /3g switch and have 2.5 gb of memory and a page file of about 4gb on my drive, the other 2 drives consist of a database and a logging drive. I also have a front end OWA server also exchange 2003. I am not sure if the queue would cause it so I checked the queue and :The queue seems ok there are about 2500 queues totaling about 10000 messages in ...