running out of disk space

I am running out of disk space on my backend server serving all users. there
is no more room for additional HD.

Will it be possible for me to purchase an additional server and move some
mailboxes over to the new server and run both concurrrently?

Will i still be able to use single namespace with front end server? Whate
about mapi, will i be able to use single name space with mapi?

0
none89 (807)

Hi Tony

Yes that sound like a simple enough solution and i don't forsee any problems
with you adding an additional server, also if you are running Exchange
Enterprise 2000 or 2003 you could simply add a RAID card with an external
channel and add a SCSI enclosure (EX.: PERC 4-dc with 2 exrternal ports and 1
PowerVault 220, this enclosure supports 14drives) throw some drives in there and
create a new Mailbox store on the new drives and move some mailboxes on there,
or you could simple move your actual database to that new array. this will
probably cheaper than buying a new server and who would want to be responsible
for one more boxes, but hey that's only me :)

But again I don't see any problem with you adding a new server to the organization.

Hopefuly this will help you acheive what you want.

Marc-andre Poupier, MCSE, MCT
mapoupier(at)gmail.com
0
mapoupier (24)
4/4/2005 10:40:16 PM
 great info.

many thanks

"Marc-andre Poupier" <mapoupier@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Tony
>
> Yes that sound like a simple enough solution and i don't forsee any
> problems with you adding an additional server, also if you are running
> Exchange Enterprise 2000 or 2003 you could simply add a RAID card with an
> external channel and add a SCSI enclosure (EX.: PERC 4-dc with 2 exrternal
> ports and 1 PowerVault 220, this enclosure supports 14drives) throw some
> drives in there and create a new Mailbox store on the new drives and move
> some mailboxes on there, or you could simple move your actual database to
> that new array. this will probably cheaper than buying a new server and
> who would want to be responsible for one more boxes, but hey that's only
> me :)
>
> But again I don't see any problem with you adding a new server to the
> organization.
>
> Hopefuly this will help you acheive what you want.
>
> Marc-andre Poupier, MCSE, MCT
> mapoupier(at)gmail.com

0
none89 (807)

Spaces in Data
Hi, I am trying to do a mail merge and the excel data that I am using has a bunch of spaces in the field that shows the city. So when I list the City St and Zip the state is about 7 spaces after the city like this. 123 Main Street Anywhere usa 49000 Any ideas? Thanks RRH -- Rhall ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rhall's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25630 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390428 I guess the space removal feature made that question fall f...

Exchange 5.5
Running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 service pack 6a The priv.edb has grown to 12 gigs in size. What must be done to determine which users are using the most email space? On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:08:27 -0700, "Don Pickering" <donpick1@hotmail.com> wrote: >Running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 service pack 6a >The priv.edb has grown to 12 gigs in size. >What must be done to determine which users are using the most email space? > You can look in Exchange Administrator and (from a bad memory) drill down into the server, store and then something else. You can then see all the user...

Office Mac 2008. Want to reformat computer & save Office, but lost the disk.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to reformat my computer. I currently have Office for Mac 2008 installed. But before I reformat, i want to know if there is a way for me to reinstall Office (once the reformat is completed) without the disks (I lost them in a move). <br> Is there a copy of all the serial numbers and product keys saved somewhere in the Office directories? And is there a place for me to download the program and use my serials? Or is there a way to save a copy of the programs before I start my reformat? On 4/24/10 8:58 A...

Money Keeps Running
Money 2007 and Windows XP Pro This has been reported here before. I'm wondering if there is any fix (other than to go get a cup of coffee while Money does its backup and closes). If I close Money and create a backup, and If I change focus to another program/window while Money is doing the backup, then although Money closes on screen, the money process remains (visible in the task manager). The problem is if that one cannot restart a visible Money session when Money is in this status, as the Money program thinks it is running. --ron No known fixes. I don't think it's been re...

watcher run at clock times
I have a couple of watcher programs running on a client's system. They all run on intervals of 10 minutes or so. But they would like one of them to run 4 times per hour - at the top of the hour, 15, 30 and 45 after the hour. Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks, Keith On 12/9/2009 7:45 PM, Keith G Hicks wrote: > I have a couple of watcher programs running on a client's system. They all > run on intervals of 10 minutes or so. But they would like one of them to run > 4 times per hour - at the top of the hour, 15, 30 and 45 after the hour. Is > this poss...

Toolbar button to run a VBA macro
I have written a VBA macro in Publisher 2003 that makes some formatting changes. It works fine. I would like to create a toolbar button that I can click to run this code. How do I do that? I am familiar with customizing toolbars in other Office apps: In Excel, on the Commands tab, there is a Macros category, and it contains the commands Custom Menu Item and Custom Button. I don't find that in Publisher. If I try to copy another button with the intention of changing its function, when I right-click the copied button, there's nothing on the menu that allows me to attach a macro to the...

Drop spaces from imported table
I am importing a table from another DB that has job numbers and descriptions. My database goes off of these job numbers for referencing. Problem is the data is imported as centered in the field. so I end up with [ 1213 ] in my job number field. I do have a query that runs through this table and selects the data I need, I believe that this query would be the place to fix the "center" align. Though I am having troubles finding how to do this I need to end up with job numbers that have no spaces ie. [1213] (brackets are showing beginning and end of the field). Thanks, ...

Exmerge won't run
I can't get Exmerge to run on our new Exchane03 server with sp2. It gets to the point where it check for the list of mailboxes and just sets there. It just doesn't retrieve them, Any ideas? OK, I get an error "Error opening message store". I am running this as an enterprise admin. What is going on? "Brandon Baker" <brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:uW5uPsLMGHA.2916@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I can't get Exmerge to run on our new Exchane03 server with sp2. It gets to >the point where it check for the list of mailboxes ...

Word Spacing
Is it possible in MS-Word to do Word Spacing instead of Character Spacing? -- Regards Veeraraghavan. What do you mean? On Feb 9, 6:28=A0am, Veera <Ve...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible in MS-Word to do Word Spacing instead of Character Spacing= ? > > -- > Regards > Veeraraghavan. Format | Font | Character Spacing allows you to change the spacing between characters; Veera wants to change the spaces between words without affecting the spacing between characters. And no, there's no easy way to do this. It would require replacin...

Lookup button in named printer run-time selection window
I found this information about Named Printers in the managed newsgroup, and it works exactly as stated: "Under the Company Series you will find a Custom Report Printer which can be used to define the printer for all custom reports. If you want to be able to choose the printer you can, select a printer class but leave the Printer ID blank... this will ask for a printer ID of the appropriate class." I can use this solution with a client needing to print two different versions of their receivables statements, but I can see a potential improvement. My suggestion is to add a lo...

Windows 7 disk drive problem.
January 23, 2010 Subject: Windows 7 disk drive problem. I can't copy files from my HP Windows 7 disk drive to my hard drive and visa versa. When I got HP support to try to solve the problem my computer crashed. It took them an hour of remote control to get it back running without the original problem of the disk drive resolved. Does anyone know how to do it. Thank you. Gerald On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 22:21:00 GMT, Gerald Hansen <ghansen@tds.net> wrote: >January 23, 2010 > >Subject: Windows 7 disk drive problem. I can't copy files from my HP >Win...

run time error -2147352567
Help! I keep getting run time error -2147352567 "The data has been changed" on my form. The error is generated when I click on a button the opens up a report for me. Here is the VBA. (Submitting just tells if strRQD is "NotMet") Private Sub Command53_Click() 'Print Preview Call Submitting If strRQD = "NotMet" Then strMessage = strMessage + Chr(13) + strDetails + Chr(13) + "Would you like to print these issues on the report?" Select Case MsgBox(strMessage, vbYesNoCancel) Case 6 'Yes Me.IssuesComments = strDetail...

Why does not Excel 2003 Replace comand romove spaces from cell contents?
Hello Why does not Excel 2003 Replace command remove spaces from cell contents? Is there any other way than the trim function to remove spaces after numbers in cells? Replace should remove spaces - highlight your cells then CTRL-H. In the "Find What" panel enter a single space, in the "Replace With" panel leave this empty, then click Replace All and your spaces should have gone. If you have spaces after a number in a cell (and therefore the cell contains text), you can convert it to a number in another cell by means of: =VALUE(A1) and copy this down if necessary. Hop...

i need to have more text options in a running writting font
I have to format a logo from a hand written sign. The text "Script MT Bold" is quite acceptable but the 'f' needs to have a loop on the bottom not on the top. The dot above the 'i' needs to be round not square. Is there any way I can develop the text that I need or change the actual letters? I have done the work in 2003 Publisher. I use Brush Script MT and the letters are properly portrayed. The loop for the "f" is on the bottom and the dot over the "i" looks rounds. If I can be of help, send me a note to: dschmidt AT pacifier DOT com -...

Form code runs too quickly
I have the following code attached to my form - works fine other than when the form is first opened. If the third "if" is true, the code runs before the form is even open! Any way to have the form open first before the message box displays? Just one more small point - what syntax do I use to have the message in the message box show on two lines and also have double quotes around "Job Complete" (as I have just typed)? Private Sub Form_Current() If IsNull(txtDateCollected) Then Me.lblJobComplete.Visible = False Me.chkJobComplete.Visible = False ...

Strange problem while running MFC 7.0 apps on Windows 2000
Hello, I'm writing an MFC 7.1 program and it runs smoothly on XP and 98. However, on Windows 2000 I encountered a strange message saying that The application failed to initailize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application. Thus I try to install VS.Net 2003 on a Win2k machine and run my EXE from VS.Net IDE. The debugging outputs are attached below. Any clues / suggestions / solutions are appreciated. My program uses VS.Net 2003 (MFC 7.1, link as static library) and CImage class in that. The GDIPlus.dll is copied from .Net framework 1.1.3705. TIA, Arthur ...

Exchange 5.5 disk almost full
Have deleted lots of email, but mdbdata/priv.edb not getting any smaller. Online defrag running daily. There is only 941 mg left on the drive containing mdbdata. Is that not enough space for the defrag to work? Thanks The online defrag won't reduce the size of the file on the disk. You need to do an offline defrag for that. Search on Technet for eseutil. Make sure you have a good backup before running the offline defrag. HTHs Lisa >-----Original Message----- >Have deleted lots of email, but mdbdata/priv.edb not >getting any smaller. Online defrag running daily. Ther...

2000 Deluxe & Windows XP looks for disk at start up.
Installing 2000 Deluxe on XP Pro system works for awhile then spontaneously starts to look for a disk on startup. The msgbox caption is "No Disk" and the message is something like "Msmoney.exe Put disk in drive D:" The program will open after Ignoring, Retrying or Canceling the prompt. Its just annoying. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a command line switch that might fix the issue. Thanks lemo In microsoft.public.money, Lemo wrote: >Installing 2000 Deluxe on XP Pro system works for awhile then spontaneously >starts to look for a disk on startup. The m...

Run Time Error #4
Hi, the first time I log into Outlook each day I get "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library/Run time error"/"C:\Programs\Office\Outlook.exe"/"Application required the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way". When you "OK" it then log back in, all is fine. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks ...

Foreground locking error running scheduled integration #2
I have a scheduled integration setup that first runs the login to GP, then an integration group (2 AR integrations). I have them set at 5 minutes apart. The TK article for this particular error says that the error is because "Great Plains is still in the process of launching when the Integration Manager starts running." I then increased the time to 15 minutes apart and finally at 30 minutes apart, but the first record of both integrations still fails with this error "could not set foreground locking value to 0." How can I get rid of this error? It only takes les...

Running an old version of Microsoft Money on Windows 98
I have an old disk which came with my original computer running windows 95. I would like to download Microsoft Money from the support disk to my current computer with windows 98. When I load the disk into my E drive, I get an error message that file VBRUN300.dill cannot be found. I downloaded VBRUN300.exe from the MSN download site, the disk still will not run and I get the same message. Any suggestions? You can't just "download," you must "install" or "setup." It is entirely possible that the support CD that came with your Win95 computer WAS NOT DE...

cannot get product ID because disk is bad...now what?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I recently purchased a copy of office for Mac 2008 from an online seller who does not take returns of opened software (understandably). However, the CD that contains the basic applications (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, Etc...) is not readable. A few points to this: (1) The box of software was sealed and new (2) This CD was tried in 2 MACs and 1 PC - none were readable (3)These same machines (2 MAcs and 1 PC) were subsequently able to read another disk, and the drive checked out in all diagnostics. (4) Cleaning the CD was t...

Formulas to run offline in 3.0?
Hi CRM Pros I have a prospective 3.0 customer. Basically they have a not too complex Excel sheet, that they would like to replace with CRM functionalty instead, in order to run it offline with automatic sync to the CRM server. I know that I can customize CRM 3.0 with extra fields on the oppertunity entity and with custom exchange rate and freight rate tables. But what are the possibilities in 3.0 of creating calculations to run automatically, e.g., tallying the sum of some of the custom fields, or for multiplying some of them together with the exhange rate from a separate table? These calcula...

My Outlook 2003 is running very slow, why?
slow start up, program not responding, slow when changing views. Freezes when scrolling in month view, ect ect "com" <com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:367DB4BB-81D6-46B8-8565-6A077E31877C@microsoft.com... > slow start up, program not responding, slow when changing views. Freezes > when > scrolling in month view, ect ect Mailbox big? Try some archiving. Tools, Mailbox cleanup.Have you ran disk checking tools like chkdsk/scandisk/defragmenting? Other than that you haven't really given very much to work on ..... "Alan" <al...

How to run the merged EXE file?
There are 2 EXE files A and B, merge B into A using ILMerge. How to launch B in A? Thank you. "yxq" <gayxq@163.net> wrote in news:Oc9UYIzcKHA.4880 @TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl: > There are 2 EXE files A and B, merge B into A using ILMerge. > How to launch B in A? Thank you. Do you mean you are merging two DLLs using ILMerge that each have an entry point? If so, you are moving outside of the scope of what ILMerge is designed to solve. ILMerge is a packager, so you have a single assembly. It is designed primarily to do one of the following: 1. Merge ma...