RPCProxy HTTP 404 - File not found

I instal on FE server RPC over HTTP.
Isapi filter on bouth server is working correctly.
But afetr i enter https://*****/rpc I enter User name and password, and i 
get foloving error 

https://FQDN1/exchweb/bin/auth/owaauth.dll
HTTP 404 - File not found

I have sevral OWA site housted in organization, witch are public visable. 
The certificat for https://FQDN1/, is working , and inported in computer.....


0
MrB (78)
4/11/2005 2:17:04 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

7 Replies
804 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 42

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:17:04 -0700, "Mr.B"
<MrB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I instal on FE server RPC over HTTP.
>Isapi filter on bouth server is working correctly.
>But afetr i enter https://*****/rpc I enter User name and password, and i 
>get foloving error 
>
>https://FQDN1/exchweb/bin/auth/owaauth.dll
>HTTP 404 - File not found
>
>I have sevral OWA site housted in organization, witch are public visable. 
>The certificat for https://FQDN1/, is working , and inported in computer.....
>

Do you mean the server cert is working or that the root cert is
trusted and working?
0
mark7219 (5666)
4/11/2005 2:35:48 PM
I put root certificate in to local machine, so I don get window saying to 
approve certificate (yes, no, look)... If I use different machine I get the 
same problem. I click yes when I’m asks to trust certificate, but that’s all 
the difference.

I put RPC virtual directory inside  owa1 virtual site, it does not make any 
difference if the virtual directory’s on Default web site. I have several 
OWA`s sites, for several sub domains.

When I type https://OWAx/rpc, I’m see form based OWA logon, I enter user 
name and password I can put domain\user name and password. It does not help.

RPCproxy.dll is on right path, so ISAPI filter is active, on web site I can 
only add or edit or remove RPCproxy.dll filter…………


"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:17:04 -0700, "Mr.B"
> <MrB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 
> >I instal on FE server RPC over HTTP.
> >Isapi filter on bouth server is working correctly.
> >But afetr i enter https://*****/rpc I enter User name and password, and i 
> >get foloving error 
> >
> >https://FQDN1/exchweb/bin/auth/owaauth.dll
> >HTTP 404 - File not found
> >
> >I have sevral OWA site housted in organization, witch are public visable. 
> >The certificat for https://FQDN1/, is working , and inported in computer.....
> >
> 
> Do you mean the server cert is working or that the root cert is
> trusted and working?
> 
0
MrB (78)
4/11/2005 4:28:07 PM
I'd need to check but I'm not sure that your proposed configuration is
supported
0
mark7219 (5666)
4/11/2005 5:44:36 PM
Configuration that i have is following:
I have the primary domain ALFA.LOCAL.  It is configured with two Domain 
controller base on two Windows 2000 Server  and one Windows 2003 server. I 
now that GC should be Windows 2003, but I don’t thing that the problem with 
error 404. 
Windows 2003 Computer is FE server and with routing connectors for each 
domain and https OWA sites for each domain.. On one Windows 2000 computer is 
Exchange 2000 server.
I have several other domins first.alfa.local, second.alfa.local, thirt.alfa 
..local, fourth.alfa.local …

I have domain Thirt.alfa.local with site is configured as native 2000 
domian. It has only Windows 2003 DC. On one DC named DC1.thirt.alfa.local end 
is configured as GC. On DC2.thirt.alfa.local is installed with Exchange 2003 
Server, and it have Infrastructure master.
DC2  has default web site disable. On OWA is moved from default site. I 
recreate rpc virtual server with configuration as by deployment guide.DC2 is 
configured as BE server.

On FE.alfa.local is configured OWA for thirt.alfa.com. By default there 
installation RPC virtual directory was created on default site. RpcProxy.dll 
was on right path c:\windows|system32\RPCproxy directory. And it is the only 
one. I update the system, so there is the latest dll file ther.

I`m probably doing something wrong. The only thing is that RPC over HTTP is 
not supported where is not GC on Windows 2003 computer. If I look at outlook 
connection, witch is not successful, it does communicate with beck end server 
an GC on DC!:THIRD:ALFA:LOCAL


"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> I'd need to check but I'm not sure that your proposed configuration is
> supported
> 
0
MrB (78)
4/11/2005 7:53:03 PM
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:53:03 -0700, "Mr.B"
<MrB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Configuration that i have is following:
>I have the primary domain ALFA.LOCAL.  It is configured with two Domain 
>controller base on two Windows 2000 Server  and one Windows 2003 server. I 
>now that GC should be Windows 2003, but I don�t thing that the problem with 
>error 404. 
>Windows 2003 Computer is FE server and with routing connectors for each 
>domain and https OWA sites for each domain.. On one Windows 2000 computer is 
>Exchange 2000 server.
>I have several other domins first.alfa.local, second.alfa.local, thirt.alfa 
>.local, fourth.alfa.local �
>
>I have domain Thirt.alfa.local with site is configured as native 2000 
>domian. It has only Windows 2003 DC. On one DC named DC1.thirt.alfa.local end 
>is configured as GC. On DC2.thirt.alfa.local is installed with Exchange 2003 
>Server, and it have Infrastructure master.
>DC2  has default web site disable. On OWA is moved from default site. I 
>recreate rpc virtual server with configuration as by deployment guide.DC2 is 
>configured as BE server.
>
>On FE.alfa.local is configured OWA for thirt.alfa.com. By default there 
>installation RPC virtual directory was created on default site. RpcProxy.dll 
>was on right path c:\windows|system32\RPCproxy directory. And it is the only 
>one. I update the system, so there is the latest dll file ther.
>
>I`m probably doing something wrong. The only thing is that RPC over HTTP is 
>not supported where is not GC on Windows 2003 computer. If I look at outlook 
>connection, witch is not successful, it does communicate with beck end server 
>an GC on DC!:THIRD:ALFA:LOCAL
>
>
On the properties of the server you will find a directory access tab
where you can specify only the servers you want. Obviously you remove
the W2K boxes so that the server addresses only the W2K3. Check the
registry (as per the RPC/HTTPS instructions) so that it only points to
the W2K3 box.

0
mark7219 (5666)
4/12/2005 7:34:29 AM
Do you mean on Exchange system manager, administrative group, FE server 
properties in  alfa.local administrative group Directory Access . GC is 
Window 2000 computer, in root domain, there are only Windows 2000 DC + FE 
Windows 2003 Server&Exchange 2003.
In HKLM\Software\microsoft\RPC\RPCproxy on key valid ports all show correct 
GC in third.alfa.local domain wher is BE server.
CP : BE:6001-6002;BE.FQDN:6001-6002;BE:6004;BE.FQDN:6004;

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:53:03 -0700, "Mr.B"
> <MrB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 
> >Configuration that i have is following:
> >I have the primary domain ALFA.LOCAL.  It is configured with two Domain 
> >controller base on two Windows 2000 Server  and one Windows 2003 server. I 
> >now that GC should be Windows 2003, but I don’t thing that the problem with 
> >error 404. 
> >Windows 2003 Computer is FE server and with routing connectors for each 
> >domain and https OWA sites for each domain.. On one Windows 2000 computer is 
> >Exchange 2000 server.
> >I have several other domins first.alfa.local, second.alfa.local, thirt.alfa 
> >.local, fourth.alfa.local …
> >
> >I have domain Thirt.alfa.local with site is configured as native 2000 
> >domian. It has only Windows 2003 DC. On one DC named DC1.thirt.alfa.local end 
> >is configured as GC. On DC2.thirt.alfa.local is installed with Exchange 2003 
> >Server, and it have Infrastructure master.
> >DC2  has default web site disable. On OWA is moved from default site. I 
> >recreate rpc virtual server with configuration as by deployment guide.DC2 is 
> >configured as BE server.
> >
> >On FE.alfa.local is configured OWA for thirt.alfa.com. By default there 
> >installation RPC virtual directory was created on default site. RpcProxy.dll 
> >was on right path c:\windows|system32\RPCproxy directory. And it is the only 
> >one. I update the system, so there is the latest dll file ther.
> >
> >I`m probably doing something wrong. The only thing is that RPC over HTTP is 
> >not supported where is not GC on Windows 2003 computer. If I look at outlook 
> >connection, witch is not successful, it does communicate with beck end server 
> >an GC on DC!:THIRD:ALFA:LOCAL
> >
> >
> On the properties of the server you will find a directory access tab
> where you can specify only the servers you want. Obviously you remove
> the W2K boxes so that the server addresses only the W2K3. Check the
> registry (as per the RPC/HTTPS instructions) so that it only points to
> the W2K3 box.
> 
> 
0
MrB (78)
4/12/2005 8:09:06 AM
Eych domin is in its own site

"Mr.B" wrote:

> Do you mean on Exchange system manager, administrative group, FE server 
> properties in  alfa.local administrative group Directory Access . GC is 
> Window 2000 computer, in root domain, there are only Windows 2000 DC + FE 
> Windows 2003 Server&Exchange 2003.
> In HKLM\Software\microsoft\RPC\RPCproxy on key valid ports all show correct 
> GC in third.alfa.local domain wher is BE server.
> CP : BE:6001-6002;BE.FQDN:6001-6002;BE:6004;BE.FQDN:6004;
> 
> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
> 
> > On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:53:03 -0700, "Mr.B"
> > <MrB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > 
> > >Configuration that i have is following:
> > >I have the primary domain ALFA.LOCAL.  It is configured with two Domain 
> > >controller base on two Windows 2000 Server  and one Windows 2003 server. I 
> > >now that GC should be Windows 2003, but I don’t thing that the problem with 
> > >error 404. 
> > >Windows 2003 Computer is FE server and with routing connectors for each 
> > >domain and https OWA sites for each domain.. On one Windows 2000 computer is 
> > >Exchange 2000 server.
> > >I have several other domins first.alfa.local, second.alfa.local, thirt.alfa 
> > >.local, fourth.alfa.local …
> > >
> > >I have domain Thirt.alfa.local with site is configured as native 2000 
> > >domian. It has only Windows 2003 DC. On one DC named DC1.thirt.alfa.local end 
> > >is configured as GC. On DC2.thirt.alfa.local is installed with Exchange 2003 
> > >Server, and it have Infrastructure master.
> > >DC2  has default web site disable. On OWA is moved from default site. I 
> > >recreate rpc virtual server with configuration as by deployment guide.DC2 is 
> > >configured as BE server.
> > >
> > >On FE.alfa.local is configured OWA for thirt.alfa.com. By default there 
> > >installation RPC virtual directory was created on default site. RpcProxy.dll 
> > >was on right path c:\windows|system32\RPCproxy directory. And it is the only 
> > >one. I update the system, so there is the latest dll file ther.
> > >
> > >I`m probably doing something wrong. The only thing is that RPC over HTTP is 
> > >not supported where is not GC on Windows 2003 computer. If I look at outlook 
> > >connection, witch is not successful, it does communicate with beck end server 
> > >an GC on DC!:THIRD:ALFA:LOCAL
> > >
> > >
> > On the properties of the server you will find a directory access tab
> > where you can specify only the servers you want. Obviously you remove
> > the W2K boxes so that the server addresses only the W2K3. Check the
> > registry (as per the RPC/HTTPS instructions) so that it only points to
> > the W2K3 box.
> > 
> > 
0
MrB (78)
4/12/2005 9:57:02 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

"List Price" column not found in Smartlist
Dear All, Could you please advise me on how do I have a listing with Item Numbers, Item Description, Currency ID and also together with "List Price" column. http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/5690/20100107104873.png I cannot find the column name in the SmartList >> Inventory >... Many thanks in advance. The list price is located in the Item Currency Master (IV00105). You need to use SmartList Builder or Excel ReportBuilder to include this table. Kind regards, Leslie "WKZ0" wrote: > Dear All, > > Could you please advise me o...

Opening/linking .xlsx files
I have had trouble linking new .xlsx files to my existing .xls files. Excel would shut down. So I started saving all my files in the old .xls format. I recently created a new file using .xlsx, but when I try to reopen it, Excel shuts down. Any suggestions??? -- Jim Are you able to open Excel 2007? Try to create a new file and reopen it. If this does not work then try... Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start->Run-> excel.exe /unregserver ->OK. 2) Start->Run-> excel.exe /regserver ->OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to design...

List of files
All I want to do is get a list of files in a directory so they can be deleted. How do I get this list ? John, > All I want to do is get a list of files in a directory so > they can be deleted. How do I get this list ? You can use FindFirstFile/ FindNextFile/FindClose API functions for enumerating files. If you want to remove directory with its content take a look at SHFileOperation in MSDN. -- Regards, Kobi Ben Tzvi "John" <john.f.brownell@wdc.com> wrote in message news:022b01c3788a$bb119ee0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > All I want to do is get a list of files in...

Transfer Files Using VBA
Hi, I'd like to transfer files from several drives on my pc to one cetnral location. From A:\Office1\ B:\Office2\ C:\Office3\ To D:\HeadQuarters\ My routine now is the following 1) Copy the files from drives: A, B, and C; and then 2) Paste the filesto the D drive 3) Delete the files permanently from drives A, B, and C. As you see this is a tedious routine, which I'd liket o avoid by using VBA. Can someone start me off with some code on how to accomplish this. Thanks so much in advance! Jrew Jrew, You could create a batch file (from the olden days) using XCOPY and desired bel...

Do I have to put my files on a server to hyperlink in Publisher?
For a class project, we need to make a website. However I do not want to go live with the site (publish the site) for security purposes. Is there a way I can just make the hyperlinks for my files open without having to be on a server? The instructor wants a working but not live site. TJ If you are using Pub 2003, the built-in navigation bar uses relative links that will work on your local machine. Under Help type "navigation" for more information. Assuming you use the default setting, when you Publish to the Web, you can direct the html output to a folder on your computer. T...

Importing QFX files
One of the financial institutions that I deal with provides downloads only in QFX format, not OFX. Is there anyway to import QFX into Money 2005 Standard? John Kane On 2005-04-29, jkane@ida.org <jkane@ida.org> wrote: > One of the financial institutions that I deal with provides > downloads only in QFX format, not OFX. Is there anyway to import > QFX into Money 2005 Standard? I don't know the answer to this question, but this guy seems to think that it doesn't really matter. According to him, QFX is OFX with Quicken extensions. I don't know whether Money will ...

How do I get focus back on an Excel file?
When automating Excel, if there is a picture (graphic) on the worksheet, when the file is opened, the picture has the focus and mouse-clicks anywhere on the Excel window are lost. Is there a way to get the focus back so that other cells can be editted? Insert this line of code into the macro: ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Select You could also rework the code to avoid selecting the shape in the first place. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Stumpiana" <Stumpiana...

Exchange no longer available
Courtesy of Katrina, my brother-in-law's job and Exchange server are no more. He knows he has personal folders and contacts on his laptop, but Outlook choles on not connecting to Exchange and won't let him see the local stuff either. How does one tell Outlook not to try to connect to Exchange and instead use the local pst file? It might be easier to create a new profile and then use File Open to access the personal folder file, you create a new profile in Control Panel || Mail <philmcin@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1126736961.961262.92120@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... ...

Clearing Log Files
What is the method for clearing exchange log files. These file take up more space than the database. Thanks Bill Bill, I suspect the files you are talking about are the Transaction Log files. These are important files and need to be managed correctly. Performing an online backup will truncate these logs. Or if you don't require backups then turn on circular logging. Here's some more info.. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;147524&Product=exchange Peter O'Dowd http://www.blade.net.nz "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

'Recently used file' list.
When I open Excel nine filenames appear on the RHS as 'recently used files' (this number was set via Tools/Options/General, of course). In the middle of this list are 3 no-longer-used files. Though the files themselves have been deleted their names remain in this list. Is there an easy way to remove those entries from that list, please? TIA, DB. There is an entry in the help file "Display or hide recently used workbooks on the File menu" which says uncheck the 'recently used files' checkbox, the click OK. Then, basically, start again. "DB.&...

How to use excel file created in version earlier than 4.0a in 4.0
Thanks to whomever answered my query but when I opened the email the screen was blank. My laptop is sick. My question was and still is, how can I use my Excel files created in a recent version on my laptop in my PC which is loaded only with Excel 4.0a . Please and thanks. -- Thanks, Ajimmo Hi Ajimmo You can't, the file format changes twice since version 4. You need a newer Excel version, a compatible spreadsheet program, or simply a viewer if all you want to do is view / print the file. HTH. Best wishes Harald "ajimmo" <ajimmo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i m...

Money 2004 Standar can't convert Money 2000 Delux File
Hi all, I just installed Money 2004 Standar on XP. I just buy It. I used to have a Money 2000 Delux version. When I try to convert my data file (from Money 200), the program makes a copy of the file with the extension "MN8" and then stops with the error: "Money cannot covert the file. The older varsion is not supported" Is there any way I can convert my Money 2000 Delux file into a Money 2004 Standar file? Thanks, Fernando S. ...

How can I convert Outlook 2007 Rules files (.rwz) to something editable?
I want to manage the rules a little simpler than with the built-in rules wizard. I can export the rules to a .rwz file. - Is there a description someplace of the .rwz file? - Is there a simple script or tool to convert to a .rwz file to a .csv or some other format? A perl script, VB, etc. would be fine. -- AllBackJack ------------------------------------------------------------------------ AllBackJack's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/160330.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1277903.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Long File Path
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, <br><br>When I try to save my Excel worksheet files somewhere on the HD, Excel comes back with an error message saying &quot;The file path you entered is too long&quot;. I do not want Excel to tell where to save my files! Anybody can help? <br><br>Thanks! <br> Ali Excel is most likely telling you nothing of the sort -- OS X is. Make sure you have Office & OS X fully updated then run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions. If you continue to have a problem you...

XLSX Files Will Not Open
Using Windows 7 / Excel 2007. I can open old xls files using Excel 2007 but can not open any xlsx files. When I select an xlsx file to open, a new blank worksheet opens instead of the selected file. The "ignore other applications" box is unchecked as recommended in other posts and I have re-installed Office. Neither solved the problem. Please help. Kind regards, -- Windog ...

Help, how do I get an exe file with outlook 2002.
is there a way to turn off the GD stupid F#@$ing level one interecept "feature" in outlook? I am so angry with this stupid program@! I need to download an exe file and cannot with this software! Maybe if you washed your mouth out with soap, someone would be willing to help you. This is a technical forum -- not a place for ranting fools. "Sean" <sean@pointblankinc.com> wrote in message news:5a8001c42d8f$52c08b20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > is there a way to turn off the GD stupid F#@$ing level > one interecept "feature" in outlook? > > I am so angr...

Can I move the data files?
I just installed Money 2005. I let it take most of the defaults, It choose to store the data files in \My Documents. I would like to move all of them to \My Documents\My Money. Is there a way to do that? -- Simplest way is to use My Computer or Windows Explorer. Navigate to your ..mny file, click on it, click on edit > copy, navigate to where you want the ..mny file to live and click on edit > paste. When the file is in it's new home, double click on the file name. This will call up Money and this will then remember where it found the file. Now go back to the original locati...

File Conversion Question
backup.pst Outlook 2003 version Can this be converted to be restored into Outlook 2002? What other possible solutions could be employed? Thank you. denise.ciaralli@bell.ca <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > backup.pst Outlook 2003 version > > Can this be converted to be restored into Outlook 2002? Only by using Outlook 2003 to create a 2002-format PST and then copying or exporting the data to the 2002-format PST. -- Brian Tillman Thank you! >-----Original Message----- >denise.ciaralli@bell.ca <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >...

How do I reduce the size of an exel file?
I am currently up to 80mb and am using Excel 2002. The file has multiple users with pivot tables. It would be a huge endeavor to reset all the pivot tables. Is there any other trick that will help reduce the size of the file? eselgar wrote: > I am currently up to 80mb and am using Excel 2002. The file has multiple > users with pivot tables. It would be a huge endeavor to reset all the pivot > tables. Is there any other trick that will help reduce the size of the file? What does the file contain and what do you mean by "multiple users with pivot tables"? -- Inter...

File Hiearchy.Any Tips?
Links etc? I have taken possession of a new XP machine and things seem a little different from my last XP that crashed and burned. I am trying to organise my file hierarchy with something like 500,000 images in say 1000 folders. I have them in My Documents, but oft times windows explorer ends up in a mirror folder tree under C:\ drive It feels awkward and troubling, any ideas how to set up a stable file tree in xp please? Should I move these files to the root drive C:\ only? Thanks very much in advance. rodney wrote: > Links etc? > > I have taken possession...

Spreadsheet File Size
I have a Spreadsheet that has 10 tabs at the bottom. Each of thes sheets cross reference dataand thee are many complex calculation throughout. Many of the formulas are nested IF functions which I kno take up a lot of space. The unfortunate thing is the file size is 7 MB, which is hard for others in the office to work with. I would appreciate any ideas as to how I could reduce the file size. For example: - Is there a way or someone who could look at this and kind of audi it to see if there are ways to reduce size? - Should I break it up into seperate files (shich would be harder fo other ...

Translation: .123 file extension to Excel 2003?
I received a file with this extension - more familiar with.wk_, extensions- can't translate to Excel. Please advise me - Thanks ...

Trying to get a type of video file format to open and run on my we
I created a video using Windows Movie maker and saved as .wmp file. I saved it to my computer and then inserted on my web page under Front Page 2003. Nothing! I then converted the file to avi format - still nothing! I then tried mpeg4 still nothing. The manual is next to useless on this subject. Anyone tell me what I need to do so that when a user opens up the page the video plays automatically. -- Simon Holloway Save as a .wmv and insert a suitable player into the page. For IE only, Insert->Web Component->Advanced Controls->ActiveX Control Click Next Choose Window...

can not open lib file
hi, if a try to compile a porgramm i get always the rror : LINK : fatal error LNK1104: Datei "TranslationController.lib" kann nicht geoeffnet werden --> can not open the lib ....waht do i hier wrong please....??? thnaks You need to locate the .lib file, and make sure msdev is looking for it in the right place by looking in Tools->Options + Directories tab. Jase "Marc" <rote_granit@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:013901c3c807$5a8f8fb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi, > if a try to compile a porgramm i get always > the rror : LINK : fatal error LNK1104:...

Using Jet to read excel file returns blank for last cell
With VB6 I am opening an Excel file to query the contents using ADO. I am then using the contents of the worksheet to create a format file that is used for a bulk insert into SQL Server. We designed the program this way so that users can use a spreadsheet to import data in any format they want and process the data based on values set in the spreadsheet. This keeps us from having to design new tables and format files for new record layouts which come down pretty often. Everything works fine usually. There is just one perculiarity that is happening with the Excel file. Sometimes, th...