rpc server not available by re-associating mailbox account

hi

i have an exchange 2003 in a windows 2003 child domain.
we have a branch office, it had windows NT4 and now it was upgraded from NT
to windows 2003 als child domain in our forest (now trust between our domains)

Before this,we create account and mailbox for people of this domain in our
Domain (no trust betwen us) in order to use Exchange (dual account ,one by us
to have an mailbxo with it and one local in their domain)
Now i dont need anymore  to have this and i want to associate the  local
AD-account instead of the account we created in our domain with the mailbox.

so i thougt following thing :
i delete the exchange attributs of the account in our domain (it deletes the
mailbox)
i make an clean-up agent starting
im using the recovery console of exchange to "undelete" the mailbox
and when exchange asks for which account to associate with the mailbox i
choose the local account a the branch office.

it doesn't work, i receive after waiting 1 minute, "the rpc server is not
available"
i try with ping of the FQDN of the DC of the branch office domain, it works
ok.
no DNS problem (we use linux DNS), no ip problem between our to domains.
there is no exchange server on the other domain (no need)

don't know what going wrong ?
- i heard a lot about wins
- i heard about dns
- i heard abour RUS or domainprep

all DC have windows 2003 SP1 and exchange too. (exchange SP1)

any idea ??

thanks a lot

pierre from France

Never Ceasing Error Message in My Mailbox
Account: 'cwjamaicA', Server: 'mail.cwjamaica.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Hello, I keep getting the message as stated above in Email box. What does this mean and how can I clear this up. Thanks. Burchie S burchsam@cwjamaica.com ...

Second SMTP Server
I have two Exchange servers in the same domain. They are in two separate admin groups. They are on two separate subnets. Inter-Organizational mail works fine. They have one routing group connector between the two. These two servers are on opposite sides of the globe. Server 1 is in the U.S. and sends Internet addresses SMTP directly to its destination just fine. Server 2 is in Europe, and will not send Internet addressed SMTP mail at all. The mail just sits in a queue, and says retry. This appears to be a two fold problem. 1. Server 2 does not send the Internet addressed SMTP mail to S...

Automatically redirecting profiles to a new exchange server?
OK old exchange server was SERVEROLD and new one is SERVERNEW (for arguments sake). The pc has lots of different profiles on it and I dont wanna manually change each profile to reflect the new server. Running Outlook 2002 is there a way to automatically do this? I believe I can use a prf file created using Custom Wizards from the Office Resource Kit and deploy this to do this for me. Can anyone give any more detailed info on how this can be done? Thanks <carlosvenegas@jellybeandesign.co.uk> wrote in message news:1132785375.328184.274520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > OK ol...

Accounts and Contacts 01-30-04
Hi, I have installed the 1.2 version on a test server to look at and have a question. I can allocated contacts to accounts, and I can allocate quotes to accounts or customers. However, if allocate a quote to a contact, I cannot see the quote from the contacts associated account sales screen. If I allocate the quote to an account, I do not know which contact in the company that I sent it to. I assume I have missed something obvious here. In other CRM packages I have looked at, the links between contact and company (account) would allow this. Our customers are all hospitals in the UK with ...

mail server
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Server: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 That is what i recieve after setting up a new identity. A box pops up with my username and a password, but i don't know what the password is or why my account will not authorize. why wont it work?? This is on Outlook Express-making a new identity "Soph...

List box with available queries question
I have a list box control on a form and want the list box to display all the queries within the database. The following code is what I have so far but it does not work. Any help is appreciated. SELECT [Name] FROM MSysObjects WHERE [TYPE] = 5 and LEFT([Name],1) <> "-" ORDER BY [Name]; "Billy B" <BillyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F47BB77B-7B66-4860-8954-F4FE32FE7C3C@microsoft.com... >I have a list box control on a form and want the list box to display all >the > queries within the database. The following code is what...

uploading 2 or more mailboxes on 1 user account
I was able to reconnect 1 mailbox to 1 user account, but what i' looking is the way wherein i can reconnect 2 or more mailboxes into user account because instead of giving a 1:1 user account to eac person we will be replacing it and giving them an account per area Hence they already have their own personal account we will b deleting it; How can i put all their messages from their persona account into the single account that we wil be giving to them Hi, More than one mailbox per account is not possible in Exchange 200x. You can do that with Exchange 5.x Regards, -- Menko den Ouden ...

replacing a credit card account with a new account with same institution
My credit card was just replaced causing some credits and debits on the old account and transferred to a new account. Do I need to merge these accounts? When I update the accounts I only get a balance on th enew account and no transactions. Any advice would be appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, jeff.messett@gmail.com wrote: >My credit card was just replaced causing some credits and debits on >the old account and transferred to a new account. Do I need to merge >these accounts? When I update the accounts I only get a balance on th >enew account and no transactions. Any advice...

additional mailbox rules
I have my personal mailbox and an additional shared mailbox in m outlook 2003. i need to set rules on the additonal mailbox for all users to redfla emails containing certain words and to move emails containing certai words from the inbox to a separate folder. I have set up the rules and they work on my personal mailbox but the wont work on the additional one I do not want to have rules on my personal mailbox, just the additiona one How can i do this? Thanks in advanc -- bunny1 outlook doesn't support rules on secondary mailboxes. if they are server-side rules, log into the mailbox ...

RPC requires a double login
The owner of my company states that his RPC connection to the server is not acting properly. Basically when he opens Outlook, it take about 3 minutes before he is prompted for a password. He then enters his password and has to wait another 3 minutes before it times out. If he selects try again, the connection goes through in about 2 minutes and he can work normally. He states the only change to his system is that he need to get a new Router a Dlink DRI655. Any ideas of what the problem could be would be appreicated. Thank you, Adele I'd start by looking at the time...

Excluding multiple checking accounts from budget totals?
Howdy! Running Money06, and I have two checking accounts synching through Bank of America. Everything there is working well, but one thing that I dont like is that the totals for BOTH accounts are added together. I have two accounts, 'personal' and 'class', and both accounts are shown in the net balance statements, the 'spending by catagory' chart on the home page etc. I would like to keep synched with my class account, but want it excluded from all of the balances.. any suggestions? "Raichean" <Raichean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Script to audit windows 2003 servers
I am looking for a powershell script which we allow me to audit my physical servers which are in a specific network. Is this possible to do. The information I need for the server is as following: Model number - amount of RAM - amount and speed of CPU's - local storage - amount of nics - amount of HBA - installed OS And the subnet the servers are in is 172.16.40.0/21. Is there a way I can run one script to get all this information. It will of course require remote access to these servers. Also the servers are all windows 2003 SP2. An...

Force SSL for RPC over HTTP
I finally got RPC over HTTP to work for my Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003 machines. I know that non-SSL is possible, but not recommended. How do I ensure users are using SSL? The only place I can find an option for this is in the Outlook client on the Security tab to encrypt data. Is this the proper place to ensure my clients are using SSL?. PS. Yes, I do have a proper SSL cert. Thanks, Rob "Rob" <rbergerATtrmcomDOTcom> wrote: >I finally got RPC over HTTP to work for my Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003 >machines. I know that non-SSL is possible, but not recommen...

Download imports into wrong account
A while ago i incorrectly selected an account to download into and cannot get rid of it for the life of me. The association with the wrong account sticks. What happens, I download from institution A. I selected that should be institution B and it always puts that download into the account for institution B. I'd like to break the link to institution B so it will correctly put it into the account for A. I've tried going through and renaming accounts to no avail. I've downloaded the OFX files and played with changing account numbers in them, also no luck Any help much appr...

Deleting inactive accounts that have zero balance for entire year
How do you delete inactive accounts that have a zero balance for the entire year? We have an account that is inactive that carried over into 2008 that will have no postings in 2008 that we would like to delete. Thanks for all help in advance. -- Dave Christman System Developer Dave - From GP - Cards|Financial|Account>>>type in the account you want and click the delete button. That is the cleanest way out. "Dave Christman" wrote: > How do you delete inactive accounts that have a zero balance for the entire > year? We have an account that is inactive that car...

how to permanently associate category (Money 2002)
Is there any way to permanently assign a category to a particular payee? I.E. a grocery store that appears several times in my account that I don't want to have to assign the category every time. Not really, but setting up recurring payments in Bills and Deposits sort of achieves this. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "boulderoo" <boulderoo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0e0001c4af08$dfdf2980$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to permanently assign a category to a > particular payee? I.E. a g...

Exchange 2000 Server will be change IP address
We will change Exchange 2000 Server IP address . Which we need to reconfig? Exchange Server will be use private IP. 1. Which port require to open in firewall? 2. Which we need to reconfig in exchange? I change IP address in TCP/IP only. 1. You'll need to update the firewall to reflect a new prt 25 forwarding as well as 80/443 if you're providing OWA. 2. Exchange won't need any changes. Just do an nbtstat -R and an ipconfig /registerdns after you change the IP -- Thanks, Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP www.briandesmond.com "TONY" <TONY@discussions.micros...

Ill Ex03 server, can't open event log or change services with msc
I have an exchange 2003 server which did not come up happily after a reboot which I forced after the latest IMF update. (Dell raid 5 powerdege Hardware seems OK) I have a message saying that " a service did not start" etc. What I did was start in safe mode and try to change the service start up manual, however althogh I could view the services, I could could not right click and change properties. Also I could view the event log, but not the properties for each event. I was, however able to edit the registry to change service properities. Reboot and go in in "un-safe&quo...

64bit server & 32bit Client
Hello, Urgent help needed. We got in a new 64bit server, installed with SQL 2008. Installed GP on this server - managed to connect without problem. (system auto create the DSN Dynamics GP) We then started installing GP on client PC, mostly on Windows XP Pro (32bit). We also set the system to auto create the DSN - SQL Native Client. We then tried logging into GP, but it nevers can connect to the SQL server. We managed to "ping" the server. We then tried creating a new ODBC connection on our own and we used sa to connect. We did not manage to connect as well. Any idea w...

Exchange Server Unavailable #4
I'm having a problem in Outlook 2003 that just started happening all of a sudden. First I notice that this computer was not showing the new e-mail messages that I was getting. Then after closing and reopening Outlook an error message pops up stating that "Your Microsoft Exchange Server Is Unavailable". The Exchange server is up & running. Everyone else in the company can send/receive e-mail (including me when I go to another computer). I know that the network connection is there. I my login script runs, I am able to browse the internet, I can ping everything (inclu...

Dual mailboxes in GAL
2 sites, one organization, Ex5.5. The other site replaced their server and in the process, my site/server now have a few of the mailboxes in my GAL duplicated. The first of each duplicate in nonfunctional (i beleive is a remnant of the server in the other site that they replaced) and incoming email for those people get sent back undeliverable, because exchange uses the first mailbox in the GAL not the second. I have exported the GAL using directory export from the tools menu, and opened csv file and deleted the dups. Then when i try to import it back in, the "import director...

re sales for outlook sync issues
Hi I cannot promote emails, send emails or go offline. Errors when sending or promoting emails is 'An error has ocurred. PLease cntact sys admin. Errors when going offline is 'the network path was not found. I think i have misse I can create crm contacts, appointments and tasks through outlook and i have installed the router but i feel like i am missing a crucial step. Any ideas would be great ...

Moving users to a new mailbox
Good afternoon, I have three Exchange 2003 server. One front-end server and the others are back-end servers. I have to move some users from one back-end server to the other. Will I have to update Outlook after doing this? What about OWA? Will that continue to work as well? TIA, Ray Outlook and OWA should manage the mailbox move transparently. Make the move, while the user is not in Outlook/OWA then when they next logon in it should be done. Nue "Ray Jette" <rjette@mestek.com> wrote in message news:e8ON3HLPGHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Good afternoon, > ...

Getting failed downloaded updates to re-attempt an install
Hi, I have re-installed Win 7 on my PC several times for one reason or another. Not for any major problems - simply to get better defrag - to reset the registry etc. I have an on-board RealTek Hi Def sound card. A number of times, windows live update has downloaded and installed the updated driver for this on-board sound, without any problems. However, after my recent install, WIN 7 downloaded and attempted to install the update - but for some reason this time, it was a failure. I know the driver works and that my realtek on-board sound works, as I have used them a good f...