RPC over HTTP with changed SSL Port?

We have Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 at work.  Many users have been
working with OWA just fine (using a changed port for SSL - not 443).  Now,
we'd like some of those users to use Outlook 2003 with RPC over HTTP.
However, Outlook 2003 does not seem to work with our changed SSL port.  When
we change SSL back to 443, it works fine.  Seems Outlook 2003 doesn't allow
you to specify the custom SSL port after the URL in the Connection Settings
dialog box for Exchange over the Internet.  It reads:

Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange:
https:// (URL gets typed here)

When we enter a colon and the custom port number after the URL, it does not
allow it.  Seems like it wants to use default SSL port only.  Anyone know a
workaround for this?

Thanks in advance.

0
mx1 (14)

"MX1" <mx1@mx1.abc> wrote in news:Jh8yc.24795$HG.4457@attbi_s53:

> When we enter a colon and the custom port number after the URL, it
> does not allow it.  Seems like it wants to use default SSL port only.
> Anyone know a workaround for this?

I sure don't. This sounds like an unsupported configuration. Anyone else?

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP
"MX1" <mx1@mx1.abc> wrote in message news:Jh8yc.24795$HG.4457@attbi_s53...
<snip>
>  Now,
> we'd like some of those users to use Outlook 2003 with RPC over HTTP.
> However, Outlook 2003 does not seem to work with our changed SSL
port.<snip> Anyone know a
> workaround for this?

I've always run services on non-standard ports, to avoid simple worms /
viruses.   I'd like an answer to this, or for it to be added to the next SP,
or wishlist.

cheers,
Box

0
Boxington
6/11/2004 11:58:26 PM
I agree,

It is ridiculous that you can't use clients on the Internet side coming in
with both OWA and RPC over HTTP if you change IIS to use a port other than
443.  OWA will work with other ports, RPC looks like it needs the 443.  I
can't belive no one has discovered this already.  I can't find a knowledge
base article or anything.

:(

"Boxington Headmaker" <the_boxhead@alt{2000+600}.org> wrote in message
> "MX1" <mx1@mx1.abc> wrote in message news:Jh8yc.24795$HG.4457@attbi_s53...
> <snip>
> >  Now,
> > we'd like some of those users to use Outlook 2003 with RPC over HTTP.
> > However, Outlook 2003 does not seem to work with our changed SSL
> port.<snip> Anyone know a
> > workaround for this?
>
> I've always run services on non-standard ports, to avoid simple worms /
> viruses.   I'd like an answer to this, or for it to be added to the next
SP,
> or wishlist.
>
> cheers,
> Box

0
mx1 (14)

IE7 changes image MIME type
Trying to upload a PNG or JPG image to a website fails. IE7 has changed the MIME types from image/jpeg to image/pjpeg and image/png to image/x-png, neither of which is accepted by the site. (a) Why does IE do this? (b) Can I stop it from doing this? I read at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms775147(VS.85).aspx When uploading files from the client to the Web server, Windows Internet Explorer uses FindMimeFromData to determine a MIME type. Where possible, FindMimeFromData returns hard-coded values from the list of Known MIME Types rather than relying on the MIME typ...

file format needs to be changed
I have an excel file which comprises of a template for Identity card with a jpg file embedded in it. I would like to save this file in a jpeg format so as to get a photo printout of the same. How is this possible? If you scan the document, that would put the file into an image format. Then you could convert the file to whatever image file format you wanted. Just a thought... Highlight the area you want printed then hold SHIFT key and select Edit>Copy Picture. Open your favorite graphics editor or MS Paint and paste to there. Save as *.jpg Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 14 Jun 200...

Form event not firing on change
I am using a pop-up calendar form that is called from my main form. GotFocus and MouseDown events on the main form are calling the popup calendar. Once a day has been selected the last thing that happens is the originating control (the date field on my main form) is being set to the value of the date selected. This method does not fire the Change, BeforeUpdate, nor AfterUpdate events. I have looked at RaiseEvent, but the statement that is setting the value of the originating control is in calendar form module not the main form module. I also tried putting the onupdate code in a...

Connect to Exchange using http keeps checking itself
Running Exchange 2007, I have one user in our office who occasionally will have their Outlook 2007 check the connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP box and then the Only Connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate. We use a certificate just one you can create yourself, we don't have issues with other people who use the certificate to connect with outlook from their homes but when in the office this user occasionally will have outlook check this for him. He unchecks the area and it works for awhile but eventually it returns. Any help wou...

Change search for products
Is there a way to customize CRM so that when you search for products it searches by product id and not name? I'm referring to the "Find Products" function on the product screen. My client knows the id better than the name. Thanks! The Find Products function is not customizable. Unfortunately you cannot change it. Kind regards, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "John" wrote: > Is there a way to customize CRM so that when you search for products it > searches by product id and not name? > > I'm referring to the "Find Products" funct...

SSL Certificate for OWA
Hello. I have successfully deployed my OWA (EX2K3) through ISA 2004 with a 14-day trial SSL Certificate from Verisign. I have 10 days more for this trial certificate. Verisign is asking for $1790.00 (USD) for two years. In our organization, there are only about 10 who will be using OWA. The owner and key officers of the company, IT, etc. I hate to spend this kind of money just for a handful of users accessing the OWA. Is there a more reasonable CA out there? What are you using in your organization? Is it safe to go with the small CA guys? Thanks in advance. Why you do not use Micr...

When I add a row to excel how can I stop formulae changing
I've done this before, but can't remember how. I want to add a row at the top of a sheet, but without formulae with a range eg =sum(a1:a5) changing to =sum(a2:a6). $ isn't the answer =SUM(INDIRECT("A1:A5")) HTH Kostis Vezerides "vezerid" wrote: > =SUM(INDIRECT("A1:A5")) > > HTH > Kostis Vezerides > Thanks for that. How about if I after inserting a row A1:A5 changes to A1:A6 TIA Dave ...

Errors exist in the page of http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx
So i can't save my options. When i open the IE browse, it will always pop up this page. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running in the background when you inst...

changing the location of the x axis labels
Hello, I'm trying to make column graphs by using excel 2002. The problem is, my y axis values have some negative numbers, so the x axis labels overlap with some of the columns. Is there anyway to relocate the x axis labels while keeping the category x axis crossing at zero? Thanks! Double click on the axis. On the Patterns tab, for Tick Labels, choose the Low option. The axis will remain at zero, but the labels will move to the bottom of the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com ___...

change default site
Good morning, is it possible to change the program web site from the default site on 80 port to another port keeping the refer to the database? ...

How to change Cluster Server Exchange Drive Letter
I am wondering on the correct procedure for changing the drives for Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment. The Exchange 2003 Clustered resource was created with a 'data path' = m:\exchsrvr This resulted in all of the databases, SMTP, MTA, Search folders being created within this folder. I can change the database directories using ESM, SMTP directories using ESM x.400 (MTA) directory using ESM I can change the MTA Run Directory by editing the registry when the server is active and manually changing the path I have not been able to change the Search directory (either by editin...

Need program to ask me to save changes when closing
Hi My wife has excel 2003 and she at times closes the program and the file she is working on will close without saving the changes. My machine always asks me if I want to save the changes made. I can not find out how to enable this, please help. My auto save is also not working any ideas. Thank you. Some functions are volatile, if you are using a workbook with any volatile function in it regardless if you do anything it will ask you if you want to save the changes or are you saying that if you open up a new workbook, then close it again it will ask you to save it? -- Regards, Peo ...

Font change
I have a 500 page document with many text blocks that are using different fonts. I would like to changa ALL the fonts to Arial. What is the easiest way to do this. Thanks, Lisette I don't know that there will be an easy way. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Lizzzet" <LizzzetNOCAPS@dc.rr.com> wrote in message news:Ofl17n0qEHA.3760@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I have a 500 page document with many text blocks that are using different >fonts. I would like to changa ALL the fonts to Arial. What is the easiest >way to do this. > Thanks, > Li...

unwanted font changes
I have a co-worker using Excel 97 SR-2. When she opens up a spreadsheet, the font will change from Arial to any other font available on her system. She has to highlight the worksheet and change the font back. The Style default is set for Arial. Can you tell me how to stop this from happening? Thanks Kelly Kelly, Not sure what is happening here, but one remote possibility might be that excel is having problems handling an excess of styles. If this is just happening with one particular workbook, there's a utility on my site that you could try on the workbook that helps you clean ...

Changing text "A" to a number?
In cell A1 I have the either Letter a, b or c. I would like to give them a numerical value of 1, 2 and 3 in the adjacent cell. Can someone post or point me to the formula? Thanks Try this: =3DCODE(LOWER(A1))-96 Then copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 11, 5:15=A0pm, Larry <Yak...@gmail.com> wrote: > In cell A1 I have the either Letter a, b or c. > I would like to give them a numerical value of 1, 2 and 3 in the > adjacent cell. > Can someone post or point me to the formula? > Thanks One way: = CODE(UPPER(A1)) - 64 another: =MATCH(A1,{"a","...

Tracking results of changes to database
Is there a good tool for testing results of changes to stored procedure, functions, views etc? Some way to compare results of activity to the results of the same activity after changes are made. Not just for a particular procedure but after you have made changes to multiple procedures that may be used by other procedures. Then run some type of robot function that does the same set of actions that was done on an identical database before the changes were made and then compare the database to see what is different. Thanks, Tom On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:31:45 -0700, &q...

Change SQL service logon accounts
Hello I installed CRM 1.2, SQL 2000 on a Windows 2003 server , and provide a new logon account (mscrm) (not the local system) Now I have a problem with KDC error 11 - which I traced back to duplicate serviceprincipalname for that user logon mscrm So I removed the duplicate names. How the SQL agent wont start and Iam getting Kerberos errors when I try to get into CRM How do I change the service accounts for CRM and SQL to use the local system account ? Is there a particular order of changing them Thank you in advance vikrantca ...

iis 6.0 http to https redirection for owa 2003
I am not sure why urlredirection for exchange 2003 on iis 6.0 seems different that iis 5.0 and exchange 2000. Before in windows 2000 and iis 5, under the root (default web site) in iis manager, i would go to home directory and select "A redirection to a URL" under redirect to i would type in https://frontendserver.domain.com/exchange under the client will be sent to: I type in "A directory below URL entered" Then all requests to http://myfrontendserver.domain.com would be redirecte and since I am using basic auth with ssl, user will log in to owa fine. But in iis6, it ...

Static Remap for Port 135?
Hi, Since many ISP's are blocking port 135 now is it possible to remap port 135 on both the server and the clients so that they can use the Exchange directories like they used to over the Internet? I'm trying to avoid the VPN option. Thanks, Mike Mike G wrote: > Hi, > > Since many ISP's are blocking port 135 now is it possible to remap > port 135 on both the server and the clients so that they can use the > Exchange directories like they used to over the Internet? I'm trying > to avoid the VPN option. I'm not sure how or if this is possible, b...

changing column headings in Business Portal for GP
How do I change a column heading in Business Portal for Great Plains? Sean E., Thanks for using the newsgroup. What version of BP are you using? Could you provide more detail for what you are trying to accomplish? Thanks Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Sean E." wrote: > How do I change a column heading in Business Portal for Great Plains? ...

changing a field from string to picklist
Hi, is it possible to chnage an input field from a string to a picklist, can this be done through the form customisation section? Thanks in advance Hi Emily, Unfortunately you can not change the data type. As a matter of fact, you can not even delete a field from database once created. What you should do is: - On the form (thru system customization) put the string field on the form(if alread not present), change properties and rename the Name and Lable as 'Do Not Use' on Display Tab and then click 'OK' and remove the field from the form. Advantage of this is you will ...

How can I change the color in a eps file?
I can get the file inserted but cannot change the color. Any suggestion? Thanks Debby You can change the .eps file to one color only if it has a .tiff header, right-click the image, format picture, picture tab, recolor. If the .eps file has a .wmf header, select the picture, arrange, ungroup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Debmck" <Debmck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2367DFCF-0391-4BD8-87D8-466B46F1E8AA@microsoft.com... >I can get the file inserted but cannot change the color...

Macro security level in excel will not change
I used the custom installation wizard to install office 2003 to 100 work stations and change the macro security setting for all programs to medium and Access, word, power point all accepted the setting but Excel remains in high I can not manually set it medium or low it goes back to high. I have tried the registry setting to force to low and medium by changing HKEY_Current_User/software/Microsoft/office/11.0/excel/security/level to a 1 and 2 this also does not work. Do you have any suggestions the build number on excel is 11.6560.6568 ...

rpc over https with outlook 2007 and vista does not work
this worked fine on xp. the exchange server is fine and the ssl cert is also fine. the error i am getting translates to an invalid date on the server cert (FLAG_CERT_DATE_INVALID )but i know this is not the case. the exact error is "There is a problem with the proxy server's security certificate, %s. Outlook is unable to connect to this server. error code 20" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923575 anyone have an idea? driving me crazy did you install the cert on the local computer? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need He...

Be able to change address and customer account info @ each store
Be able to change address and customer account information in each store,instead of only at headquarters. Perhaps this could be an assigned security level. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups...