RPC over HTTP required for OWA?????

Hello,

I have a server 2000 box running Exchange 2003. I have configured it as my
front end server. When I try to configure the server as an RPC front end I
receive an error message saying that this can not be done on a server 2000
box. Is RPC over HTTP required for OWA??

Thanks

TKE402
0
tke402 (25)

Hello,

RPC over HTTP is not required for OWA, it is required if you want to have
Outlook clients connect using RPC over HTTP.  When you configure your server
as an RPC front end server, that server will receive the HTTP request from
the client, and will forward it to the necessary back end server using RPC.
But,  the RPC over HTTP-proxy generator can only be enabled/installed on a
Windows 2003 server...

HTH
Ilse

"tke402" <tke402@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a server 2000 box running Exchange 2003. I have configured it as my
> front end server. When I try to configure the server as an RPC front end I
> receive an error message saying that this can not be done on a server 2000
> box. Is RPC over HTTP required for OWA??
>
> Thanks
>
> TKE402

0
ilse (45)

OWA FE need domain login for attachments and URL's
We normally do not need to login using the domain\username since we figured out how to change some Exchange folders to Anonymous login but we are still having trouble with opening URL's in messages: it prompts for domain login. Is there a fix for this? "admin too" <stop-spam-please_kilbyfan@aol.com> wrote in message news:10mo23hi5oj3f1@news.supernews.com... > We normally do not need to login using the domain\username since we figured > out how to change some Exchange folders to Anonymous login but we are still > having trouble with opening URL's in messages...

OWA through firewall
I have set up OWA to use port 80 through the firewall to the outside world so employees can access their mail at home. I can access the page with no problems, log in to OWA, but were my mail should be coming up, it just continues to say "loading". This occurs on all folders. Any ideas on what is going on? Is there another port i need open Exchange 2003 running on Win2K server. - James Found the answer to my own question. We are running Symantec Enterprise Firewall. You have to enable WebDAV support to the http daemon to allow OWA to retrive mail. Otherwise, it will just ...

OWA, OMA & ActiveSync
Is it possible to put OWA, OMA and ActiveSync on a single E2K3 Standard Editon ? Mobile solution is based on Windows Mobile 2005 phones. The customer (a small one) don't want to spend money on a E2K3 FE and ISA solution and don't need high security. Any advice about articles how to do this or other sugests ? Thanks Raplh On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:57:07 +0200, Ralph wrote: >Is it possible to put OWA, OMA and ActiveSync on a single E2K3 >Standard Editon ? >Mobile solution is based on Windows Mobile 2005 phones. > >The customer (a small one) don't want to spend mone...

OWA broken after KB916803 installation
I am running 2 Exchange servers with one acting as a front-end server and the other of course as a back-end server. They are both running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise edition with SP2. Both are running on Windows 2003 Server standard edition. After the install of KB916803, OWA is broken in IE. I get the icons on the left and top, but none of them work, and no messages show up. The screen just shows "Loading...". I have not un-installed the update as it seems an important one to have. Does anyone have any ideas or had the same experience? There are no errors in the e...

OWA redirects to another server, but I don't want it to
Hi, I install a new Exchange organization on a 2-node cluster running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. When this was finished, the OWA worked fine when pointing to the virtual Exchange server. Then I installed another Exchange server to run the Notes connector. I also installed Live Comm Server on this box. Now when I type in http://exchangecluster/exchange it automatically rediects to http://otherserver/exchange. This second server will have Exchange removed once we finish our Notes migration, but I want to make sure that OWA will start running again on the cluster. If I stop the WWW se...

Unable to call webservice using HTTP GET...

OWA Redirect Issue
We're working on migrating our Exchange 2003 to a new server... I've been searching for a solution, but haven't been able to find it. Basically, before we implement the migration, we have to prove that the server works as well or better than our old. When we try to go to the OWA for that server (in this instance, call it SRV01) at http://srv01/exchange, it automatically redirects us to the old server (SRV02)... Well, that doesn't help us at all... We can't migrate it, until we show that it works correctly. Now all it does is automatically log us into the old server. Any ...

Can't access OWA via internal server ip
Hi Normally on any sbs server I can access OWA using <server-ip>/exchange which brings the OWA web page. From other sbs servers I know that access via <server-ip>/exchange works as standard and does not need any special configuration. However on this particular sbs 2003 server with isa server 2000, when I enter <server-ip>/exchange I get a windows login box. Entering any username/password combination including Administrator's fails after three tries with error; HTTP 407 Proxy Authentication Required - The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill...

Template keeps requiring resizing/fitting after data imported
I have a template to re-import text files and the column headings and column sizes keeps adjusting for some of the columns. Is there any way to keep the settings from the template the same once the data is imported ? Any ideas or suggestions ? I'm using Excel 2003 TIA George Your might record your headings and column sizes in a macro. Either create a macro button and call the result from there or call it from worksheet change. The latter requires no effort to update. Depending how your worksheet is used it may give an unacceptable performance hit. -- Steve "George Lewyck...

RPC over HTTP in domain vs. not in a domain
I have noticed an interesting peculiarity in Outlook 2003 using RPC over HTTP. I have Outlook 2003 on two different computers. One computer is in a office and is in a domain (not the same domain as the Exchange server), the other computer is in a home and is not in a domain. Both are running XP Pro and have same service packs and Q331320. Both are set to connect to the same remote Exchange 2003 server (2K3 SBS) using RPC over HTTP. Here's the big difference, the Outlook 2003 on the computer in a domain (again, a different domain than the remote Exchange server) has the ability to see the ...

OWA and 403 Errors
OK, I'm the guy who yesterday couldn't even get to OWA (was getting nothing but 404s). Well, I reinstalled IIS and Exchange, and life is getting much better. Thanks to those who helped me get there. Now, I can get to OWA internally, but from outside, I get nothing but 403.6 errors. To wit: ----- You are not authorized to view this page The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list. HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been r...

OWA connection problem #2
I have a SBS2k3 R2 server with one nic behind a hardware firewall. Can anyone tell me which ports to open/forward on the firewall to allow Outlook Web Access? Any and all help appreciated. -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message has been checked for all known viruses. The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege. It is intended for the named addressee only and may not be disclosed to any other parties without the prior permission o...

automatic owa redirect https
Following the article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839357/en-us all it's ok on default web site, but if i want to create the owaasp folder for a second exchange site, where i must create the owaasp folder that contain the ..asp file that permit the automatic redirect for scond owa site!? Thanks all "MMC [MCP]" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> wrote in message news:OeEGYfg5GHA.2292@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Following the article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839357/en-us all it's > ok on default web site, but if i want to create the owaasp folder for a > second...

? when replying or forwarding messages in OWA
I recently upgraded to a new Exchange 2003 server. I have encountered one peculiar problem with OWA. Sometimes, when users reply or forward messages, the message text is preceded by a ?. If the message has been forwarded more then once, then there are multiple question marks. I have seen some posting on the web about this problem, but no solutions. Any ideas? There is one solution in the first hit here: http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=owa%20question%20mark&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wg IIRC, different things can cause this, though. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For ...

OWA Authentication problem
Hi All, I have setup basic authentication for Exchange 2000 (sp3) OWA (widows 2000 server sp 4). I made sure that only basic authentication is checked under Directory Security. Half of my users use Linux and the other half Win 2000. From time to time the Windows users get the user/password/domain prompt when they try to access OWA. The Linux users has no problems. When I went to the server, I saw that Integrated Windows Authentication is checked. I unchecked it but it still keep showing after couple of days and I don't know what else needs to be configured so the user/password/domai...

Troubles with OWA since OWAADMIN installed
My config : - Windows 2003 Std server - exchange 2003 SP1 Hello, I have a problem for connecting user by Outlook Web Acces since I have installed on my server the tool OWAADMIN. The access is OK for Users using Outlook 2003. I think OWAADMIN have changed something about authentification of user because it's like the password was wrong (on the browser it asks me the username and password and there is error). Did you have similar problems? Do you have ideas about this problem, please? Thanks. ...

*EUROPE PHOTO GALLERY* <http://europephotogallery.blogcu.com/>
*EUROPE PHOTO GALLERY* <http://europephotogallery.blogcu.com/> * A typical microraion <http://europephotogallery.blogcu.com/4706688/ > * Church of Sts. Peter and Paul (1613<http://europephotogallery.blogcu.com/4706684/> * The Railway station square, an example of Stalinist Minsk<http://europephotogallery.blogcu.com/4706682/> * Island of Tears, with a recently constructed memorial church<http://europephotogallery.blogcu.com/4706678/> * Shoreline in Mediterranean Greece.<http://europephotogallery.blogcu.com/4706472/> * Tara River Canyon, the deepest canyon in ...

OWA
Over the long weekend something has happened to our OWA. On Sunday it was fine but Monday morning I noticed that everything in the OWA was in a foreign language. The messages are still in english but all the actions are in a foreign language, 1st ly how could this have happened and 2nd ly how do I fix it. ...

IWA automatically re-enables on OWA folders.
This is a bit of a strange one. We're running OWA on an E2k3 cluster in support of a large client base of mixed Win2k and XP Pro clients. Our site is SSL secured and therefore we have manually DISABLED Integrated Windows Authentication on the Exchange virtual directory within Exchange System Manager, leaving only basic enabled. The system has been running fine for months but recently we ran into a problem where none of our Win2k clients could log on. After a whole hunt, we found that this was because Integrated Windows Authentication had mysteriously switched itself back on! Microsoft...

http://<MSCRM>/loader.aspx links for different entities.
Hi, We are currently running MSCRM 3.0 in our environment. We would like to be able to bookmark the link to the Contacts Search Screen (or any other entity). Whenever I try it does not save correctly (because MSCRM is one big FRAMESET) and always brings me back to the default search screen. I have tried looking around for the URLs but keep getting errors thrown back at me, is there anyway to do this so we don't have to go to the main MSCRM page and then navigate to say the "Contact" Search Screen or Cases, Accounts, etc? Thanks Greg If you are happy not having the na...

OWA Problem in Exchange Server 2003
Hi, I have a newly installed Exchange 2003 server running on WIndows 2003 and OWA isn't working. The issue is that when the page is accessed I get the page with no error messages but all the icons have been replaced by the boxed-in red x's, there are no messages displayed, none of the backgrounds are displayed and nothing works. I have looked at another similarly configured server and can't find anything different in IIS settings, directory permissions, etc. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Through the IIS Manager, look at the properties for the Exchweb virtual directory (under...

I can access any mailbox using OWA 2003
Hi, Exchange Server 2003 By using OWA I can open anyones mailbox. if I enter http://server/user1 in IE i can see user1's mailbox if I enter http://server/user2 i see user2's mailbox. what security setting must i change so that only the logged in user can see his or her own mailbox. thanks Mandy goto Exchange System Manager, servers, server_name, protocols, http, exchange virtual server. goto properties of exchange, click on acess tab, check basic authentication and intehrated windows authentication. Now, only if someone can answer the question I posted this morning. >...

Can not reply to or forward emails in OWA while on wireless Router
The CEO of our company called. When he is connected to his Netgear wireless router he can not reply to or forward emails in OWA. If he connects to the ethernet port on the router OWA works fine. I suggested turning off the 108mbs Super G and connecting at 54MBS. I also told him to see if he has any filters on his wireless router. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? thanks, Dave On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:14:28 -1000, <jbravo2840@yahoo.com> wrote: > The CEO of our company called. When he is connected to his Netgear > wireless router he can not reply to or forward ema...

HTTP Error 403.6
I have a new small business 2003 server. I have exchange mail working with outlook 2003. When I browse to http://mail.ourdomain.com/exchange I get this error. You are not authorized to view this page "HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected" I was wondering what the correct way to configure IIS to allow access to OWA. Thank you in advance. Dan. ...

OWA quits working
I have Ex Svr 2003 SP1 up and fully functional with no errors in the logs. OWA will work perfectly and then simply quit. Any attempt to browse to //servername/exchange yields a "the page cannot be displayed" error as well as "cannot find server or DNS error" It appears at this point that IIS is not functioning at all. I get the exact same error just browsing to the default website. It's not DNS, I get the same error when using DNS names and the IP address. I've tried restarting IIS to no avail. Nothing works except a shutdown and restart of the server. At tha...