RPC over HTTP problem #3

Hi, All!
My network configuration: DC1, DC2 and MX (MS Exchange 2003, sp1). All of
them Windows Server 2003.
What was done:
In the registry on dc1 and dc2 was created a new key: "NSPI Interface
protocol sequences" with value: ncacn_http:6004.
MX was promoted to be a GC.
Installed RPC over HTTP windows component.
MX was changed to be RPC-HTTP back-end server.
On the MX Default Web Site was installed cerificate from the local authority
running on DC2.
On the RPC virtual directory anonymous access and integrated windows
authentication were disabled.
In the registry of MX the key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\RpcProxy was changed to
mx:100-5000;mx:6001-6002;mx:6004;mx.local.external.com:6001-6002;mx.local.external.com:6004;mx.external.com:6001-6002;mx.extrnal.com:6004;
I tryed to access https://mx/rpc or https://mx.external.com from my
workstation and received certificate notification (or not received in the
second case) and after it blank page.
I was running dcpromo again to remove AD from MX server and was changing
registry to:
 mx:100-5000;mx:6001-6002;mx.local.external.com:6001-6002;dc1:6001-6002;dc1.local.external.com:6001-6002;mx:6004;mx.local.external.com:6004;dc1:6004;dc1.local.external.com:6004;mx.external.com:6001-6002;mx.external.com:6004;dc1:593;dc1.local.external.com:593;mx:593;mx.local.external.com:593;mx.external.com:593;The result is a same.Any idea?

Since SP1 you no longer have to tweak registry keys in order to deploy RPC
over HTTP.
Now there's a much easyer method using just the Exchange System Manager:
"How to configure an RPC over HTTP topology on computers that are running
Exchange 2003 with Service Pack 1",
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=841652

There's also detailed instruction on this document:
"Exchange Server 2003 RPC over HTTP Deployment Scenarios",
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/ex2k3rpc.mspx

--
Blog "subject: exchange"
http://spaces.msn.com/members/ehlo/

"Arkady Karasin" <arkadykarasin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, All!
> My network configuration: DC1, DC2 and MX (MS Exchange 2003, sp1). All of
> them Windows Server 2003.
> What was done:
> In the registry on dc1 and dc2 was created a new key: "NSPI Interface
> protocol sequences" with value: ncacn_http:6004.
> MX was promoted to be a GC.
> Installed RPC over HTTP windows component.
> MX was changed to be RPC-HTTP back-end server.
> On the MX Default Web Site was installed cerificate from the local
> authority running on DC2.
> On the RPC virtual directory anonymous access and integrated windows
> authentication were disabled.
> In the registry of MX the key
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\RpcProxy was changed to
> mx:100-5000;mx:6001-6002;mx:6004;mx.local.external.com:6001-6002;mx.local.external.com:6004;mx.external.com:6001-6002;mx.extrnal.com:6004;
> I tryed to access https://mx/rpc or https://mx.external.com from my
> workstation and received certificate notification (or not received in the
> second case) and after it blank page.
> I was running dcpromo again to remove AD from MX server and was changing
> registry to:
> mx:100-5000;mx:6001-6002;mx.local.external.com:6001-6002;dc1:6001-6002;dc1.local.external.com:6001-6002;mx:6004;mx.local.external.com:6004;dc1:6004;dc1.local.external.com:6004;mx.external.com:6001-6002;mx.external.com:6004;dc1:593;dc1.local.external.com:593;mx:593;mx.local.external.com:593;mx.external.com:593;The
> result is a same.Any idea?

0
Rui
2/7/2005 2:24:49 PM
What kind of server are you using?  If it's a Dell, there is a problem with
the image they are/were using for IIS.  I had a hell of a time getting RPC
over HTTP to work.  The problem was resolved as follows:  In IIS Manager, go
to Web Service Extentions.  In the right panel, find RPC Proxy Server
Extension, highlight it and click properties. Click on the Required Files
tab and check the path for rpcproxy.dll.  On my server, the path is
C:\windows\system32\rpcproxy\rpcproxy.dll.  That is where the file was
located.  On the Dell server, however, it was listed as being in the
system32 folder.  I had to remove it and then re-add it using the proper
location.  If it's not properly listed, it won't work.

Don't know if that will help you or not, but the symptoms were similar as I
recall.

Bill

"Arkady Karasin" <arkadykarasin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, All!
> My network configuration: DC1, DC2 and MX (MS Exchange 2003, sp1). All of
> them Windows Server 2003.
> What was done:
> In the registry on dc1 and dc2 was created a new key: "NSPI Interface
> protocol sequences" with value: ncacn_http:6004.
> MX was promoted to be a GC.
> Installed RPC over HTTP windows component.
> MX was changed to be RPC-HTTP back-end server.
> On the MX Default Web Site was installed cerificate from the local
> authority running on DC2.
> On the RPC virtual directory anonymous access and integrated windows
> authentication were disabled.
> In the registry of MX the key
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\RpcProxy was changed to
> mx:100-5000;mx:6001-6002;mx:6004;mx.local.external.com:6001-6002;mx.local.external.com:6004;mx.external.com:6001-6002;mx.extrnal.com:6004;
> I tryed to access https://mx/rpc or https://mx.external.com from my
> workstation and received certificate notification (or not received in the
> second case) and after it blank page.
> I was running dcpromo again to remove AD from MX server and was changing
> registry to:
> mx:100-5000;mx:6001-6002;mx.local.external.com:6001-6002;dc1:6001-6002;dc1.local.external.com:6001-6002;mx:6004;mx.local.external.com:6004;dc1:6004;dc1.local.external.com:6004;mx.external.com:6001-6002;mx.external.com:6004;dc1:593;dc1.local.external.com:593;mx:593;mx.local.external.com:593;mx.external.com:593;The
> result is a same.Any idea?

0
bschleifer (15)

Microsoft Outlook 2002 #3
How can I allow Level 1 files into Outlook 2002, I keep getting the following message "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments" Thanks, Stephen Some options here http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "spike" <stephen@just4u.ie> wrote in message news:090201c35c10$19100be0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I allow Level 1 files into Outlook 2002, I keep > getting the following message "Outlook blocked access to > the following potentially unsafe attachments" > > Thanks, > > Stephen ...

Problem with systemstate backup with DPM 2010
Hi! We running DPM 2010RC on a Windows 2008 R2 The Protected computer is: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2003, Standard Edition 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 Build 3790 When we installed the DPM agent the first backup of system state was successfully, so we have one restore point. But further backups in failing, the system state backup is in status “replica is inconsistent” and when I running a consistent check the job failing. In the error in DPM is: The replica of System Protection Computer\System Protection on sea0700smon1.xxxx.local is inconsistent with the protected data so...

Questiontest-outlookwebservices problem
hi all and thanks for the support. i'm facing a problem with test.outlookwebservices. notice that oulook side everything seems to be pretty good: the autodiscovery and auto-configuration of the account succeedes, the test email autoconfiguration suceedes too. when i launch the test, once it suceedes for certain services and after a while it fails for those services and suceedes for other. look the prints: here are failing the RPC tests Message : [EXCH] The UM is configured for this user in the AutoDiscover response received from https://mytest-EXC1. myt...

Font problem
It seems that the Cambria Math font has recently acquired an extremely large Ascent and Descent. Has it perhaps always been that way and I've never noticed it before, or is it something recent, perhaps a Vista thing? Try the following code for example. For Arial and Times New Roman (and virtually all other fonts) I am getting pretty much exactly what I would expect (a TextHeight that is a bit larger than the point size) but for Cambria Math I am getting an extremely large TextHeight (I get exactly the same results using GDI32 methods). At this end (on my Vista Business laptop...

08 Mac Office activation problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Just found an article posted by michellec and I am faced with exactly the same problem - on 'activation' of the product, none of the 3 product keys seem to be correct, hence activation is unsuccessful!! Have received some help emails (and thanks Diana yours had the microsoft help number that has been good, despite the fact they can't help me and tell me I must get in touch with Digital River) but seems that what I need is another product key, and now that I'm asking for that since about 10 days, I don't get any reply ...

Autoshapes' visible problem
When I add some Rectangle autoshapes above the embeded chart, I find it's hard to control it's visibility, They maybe hide when I select some cell or activate chart. I want to know how to make them always visible no matter what I select. Thank you in advance! ^_^ Yours,fujing You need to click on the chart before you use the drawing tool. In this way the Shape and the Chart become one. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fujing1003" <fujing1003@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171358292.074278.135950@v33g2000cwv...

how do i rotate a 3 shift 200man schedule
like 80 people on two shifts and 40 on the third. i want to move small shift to day and slide half of day into swing and half of swing into graveyard. any suggestions? thanks in advance. First rotation: pick the first 40 people (by alphabetic order) from the larger groups to rotate to the next shift. Each subsequent rotation: move the group of 40 that did not move the last time. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <6F26D7D8-3A2F-4663-BE17-F0EF1AD26A3D@microsoft...

Office 2004 SP 11.1.0 installation problems

RMS and/or PC Charge Problems
We are having some interesting problems with our RMS system and PC Charge: For no apparent reason RMS will have an error message after a card is swiped or keyed into the system: • DENIED (With a wide variety of error messages) • DUPLICATE use F+ to force (even when it is the first transaction) • TIMED OUT Attempted solutions: • Turned modem off and on • Disconnected the modem and plugged everything back in • Turned the server on/off • Called PC Charge only to be told that it is RMS • RMS said it is PC Charge • Confirmed that everything is set up properly in PC Charge and RMS What works:...

Frequency #3
I'm using excel with phstat add-in. How do I graph so that the units of the variable are along the x-axis and just the count or frequency is along the y-axis? Secondly, how would I get excel to plot or i.d. the mean and the standard deviation units along the x-axis? Thanks for your help. wrace. Wrace - You might need to devote an additional section of your worksheet to condition the data for plotting. I don't know about phstat, so I don't know how extensively you will need to adjust your data. To put a vertical line where the mean and SD are located, check out this web pa...

CRM 3.0 Locks up Outlook
I have tried to re-install, tried repair nothing works. What is the deal with this software??????? Hi Mark, Do you own alot of contacts in the CRM system? If so, you first time starting the application after the installation will probably take a long time because it synchronize all your contacts to your Outlook. If you don't want the initial sync, you need to disabled the sync by going to your personal settings in CRM or the registry on your laptop. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek http://www.crowecrm.com On Jul 27, 2:36 pm, Mark <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried ...

Outlook 2003 Signature Problem
I've created a signature with my company logo (.jpg file) using Outlook 2003. When the signature is attached in my email, the photo/icon file shows a box with an 'x' in place of the .jpg file. I checked the location where the files are stored and I found the .jpg file in the proper folder under signatures. Thanks in advance for your help. Mike Tools - options -security tab, click on change automatic download settings. Change to what you want. "Mikeul" <Mikeul@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1132112656.7e1c9b39fdb73a3c7ed44fdbd3e3fbc4@fe5.teranews.com......

Problem in restricting users from sending/receving internet email
I have found a helpful articel here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html I read it through couple times but I would like to ask some questions before I start the work on our Exchange 2000 server. 1. The "group" I am going to create for adding users into the restricting list, will it be a Security group or Distribution group? What group scope should I give it? 2. Under the section of "Restricting Users from Sending Internet Base Email", the article tells us to create a *new* SMTP connector and add the group into the "Dilivery Restriction" page. Will ...

Setting up Outlook sync with RPC over http
I'm trying to setup my Outlook installation to sync with my school Outlook servers. The IT administration has hinted that it's possible and some students have figured out how to accomplish this, but they don't want to support it. Supposedly it's a nightmare to support the myriad hardware and software configurations of 450 students (doesn't sound so large does it?). The only supported means for accessing our email accounts and utilizing the calendar function of Outlook etc. is via webmail. However, I was told that if I could figure this out then no one would have to ...

Outlook Draft Email Print Problem
I have emails saved in draft but when i go to print them it doesnt show who it is being sent to and the fact it hasnt been sent yet, i have played with the setting but to no avail. I am using outlook 2003 any help would be appriciated. Turn off WordMail before printing the draft (Tools | Options | Mail Format) or wait to print until after you send it. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx <kpmail76@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:...

Outlook 2002 HTML printing problem
Outlook 2002. I cannot print HTML emails. Plain text prints without any problems just HTML will not. Office xp pro is at all latest service packs. Anyone have an idea what may be wrong? ...

Very Old Version of MSMoney (3.0)
I'm currently using a version of MS Money from 1994 on Windows 98....works perfectly! I have a new computer using MS XP... When I try to run this version of Money I get a "general protection fault in module "msmoney.exe 0059.0504"". Money Standard 2002 came with the system but I can't find it on the recovery disk to re-install. Would rather not re-install complete system if possible. You might need to run the program in compatibility mode. Find the executable for the program and right click, selecting properties. Set the compatibility option for Windows 95 or 9...

Formula Problem #7
Hi there, Can anyone tell me what is wrong with the following formula (it's doing my nut in!): IF([DAY]<>"Y",0,IF(OR((OR((AND((OR([START1]<=7,[START1]<8)),([END1]>7))), (AND((OR([START2]<=7,[START2]<8)),([END2]>7))))),(OR((AND((OR([START3]<=7,[START3]<8)),([END3]>7))), (AND((OR([START4]<=7,[START4]<8)),([END4]>7)))))),1,0) I've replace cell refs with [x..]'s. Many thanks - David It seems that there is a parenthesis missing at the end. Best, Guillermo "Daveo" <writetodaveo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1...

MS Office 2007 Enterprise Problem
Hi, Gurus, I am using Windows Vista Business version and have installed the above version of MS office. When I close all three application software, i.e., word, excel, and powerpoint, a same message shows up "Microsoft Office Live Add-in Sign-in has stopped working", and then "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". Anyone has any idea as to how to correct this? Thanks. Jon Gather all the necessary documentation that you received with the Home Use Program of Office...

Lions Club Project Help Needed
I hope I have the right group for this question. I am Radio Auction Chairman in the Rayne Lions Club in Louisiana and I am working with Excel to enter all the items for our Live Radio Auction. I have entered all auction items in Excel and now I want to copy & paste the information into a word document. When I copy & insert the column, it also paste the cells. I need just the information for the newspapers. Can I just copy & paste just into information into a word file without the cells? Also, if I have listed the items from top to bottom in a column, is there any way to flip...

solving for 3 unknowns using 3 simultaneous equations
How is it that you do this. I have searched all over and can't seem to find an answer. I read something about an mmul function or something...but then my computer froze up on me before I could read the post. ...

receipt format #3
when i print my receipts, it prints with some extra space at the top and bottom about an inch. it also shows the vat analysis, again there is some space between the part that show the change and where the analysis starts there is space. Why is that so, i would like to take some of that space out , is it possible what to do. Did you try changing the top and bottom margins? "Andaiye" wrote: > when i print my receipts, it prints with some extra space at the top and > bottom about an inch. it also shows the vat analysis, again there is some > space between the part tha...

csv import #3
When I try importing a csv file into outlook 2003 contacts I get an error that says csv translator not able to map fields Have you posted this in an Outlook forum? On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:49:01 -0700, "gautama" <gautama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I try importing a csv file into outlook 2003 contacts I get an error >that says csv translator not able to map fields ...

CRM 3.0 Bulk Import Error
Hey, I'm importing about 21,000+ contacts into CRM. The 1st 1,734 the import aborted. I'm also getting a Low Disk Space warning on the client's hard drive for the CRM Application Server (SQL 2000 is on a separate server). 2 Questions: 1.) Could there low disk space have an effect on the CRM App server? (I wouldn't think so, but...) 2.) The Error # = 0x80070070, does this ring any bells to anyone? We found the same issue after applying rollup 2. Workaround is to open the temp directory on the server and delete the files as fast as they're created so you don't com...