RPC/HTTP NOT WORKING

I'll try to explain our environment..

Front End - Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 (upgraded from WIN2000)
3 Back End - Exchange 2003 (only one server is an RPC/HTTP Backend)
  - Public Folders are on a server that doesn't have RPC/HTTP enabled
1 Back End - Exchange 2000
3 Domain Controllers
  - 1 Windows 2003 GC
  - 2 Windows 2000 GC

We are still -testing- before we deploy this to our remote users. Our front
end server's internal name is "dozer.domain.com" and it's external name is
"webmail.domain.com." The backend with RPC enabled is named
"backend.bioveris.com." When we connect to RPC/HTTP from external (after
setting this up internally, which also doesn't work right....) We get this in
our connections view:

BACKEND   Directory             ---   Disconnected
---            Directory              --- Disconnected
BACKEND.domain.com   MAIL  HTTPS Established
BACKEND.domain.com   MAIL  HTTPS Established
BACKEND.domain.com   MAIL  HTTPS Established
mailman.domain.com    Public Folders  ---  Connecting

(MAILMAN is where the public folders are)

Thanks

Anthony

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 07:48:01 -0800, Anthony Graber
<AnthonyGraber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'll try to explain our environment..
>
>Front End - Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 (upgraded from WIN2000)
>3 Back End - Exchange 2003 (only one server is an RPC/HTTP Backend)
>  - Public Folders are on a server that doesn't have RPC/HTTP enabled
>1 Back End - Exchange 2000
>3 Domain Controllers
>  - 1 Windows 2003 GC
>  - 2 Windows 2000 GC
>
>We are still -testing- before we deploy this to our remote users. Our front
>end server's internal name is "dozer.domain.com" and it's external name is
>"webmail.domain.com." The backend with RPC enabled is named
>"backend.bioveris.com." When we connect to RPC/HTTP from external (after
>setting this up internally, which also doesn't work right....) We get this in
>our connections view:
>
>BACKEND   Directory             ---   Disconnected
>---            Directory              --- Disconnected
>BACKEND.domain.com   MAIL  HTTPS Established
>BACKEND.domain.com   MAIL  HTTPS Established
>BACKEND.domain.com   MAIL  HTTPS Established
>mailman.domain.com    Public Folders  ---  Connecting
>

>(MAILMAN is where the public folders are)
>

>Thanks
>
>Anthony

Service packs on the 2000 GC's?
I'd be more interested in getting the 2000 GC's up to 2003 or
segmenting them off into a different AD site so that the FE doesn't
try to get at them.

0
mark7219 (5666)
11/3/2006 7:07:04 PM
I configured the front-end to only connect to the 2003 domain controller. (In
ESM).

We can't upgrade the other 2 domain controllers just yet. Any other advice??
I also tried running rpccfg /hd and I get the following:

C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools>rpccfg /hd
Error: Expected ':' in string ''.
The command did not complete successfully.

Thanks!

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 07:48:01 -0800, Anthony Graber
> <AnthonyGraber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I'll try to explain our environment..
> >
> >Front End - Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 (upgraded from WIN2000)
> >3 Back End - Exchange 2003 (only one server is an RPC/HTTP Backend)
> >  - Public Folders are on a server that doesn't have RPC/HTTP enabled
> >1 Back End - Exchange 2000
> >3 Domain Controllers
> >  - 1 Windows 2003 GC
> >  - 2 Windows 2000 GC
> >
> >We are still -testing- before we deploy this to our remote users. Our front
> >end server's internal name is "dozer.domain.com" and it's external name is
> >"webmail.domain.com." The backend with RPC enabled is named
> >"backend.bioveris.com." When we connect to RPC/HTTP from external (after
> >setting this up internally, which also doesn't work right....) We get this in
> >our connections view:
> >
> >BACKEND   Directory             ---   Disconnected
> >---            Directory              --- Disconnected
> >BACKEND.domain.com   MAIL  HTTPS Established
> >BACKEND.domain.com   MAIL  HTTPS Established
> >BACKEND.domain.com   MAIL  HTTPS Established
> >mailman.domain.com    Public Folders  ---  Connecting
> >

> >(MAILMAN is where the public folders are)
> >

> >Thanks
> >
> >Anthony
>
> Service packs on the 2000 GC's?
> I'd be more interested in getting the 2000 GC's up to 2003 or
> segmenting them off into a different AD site so that the FE doesn't
> try to get at them.

Well, it's trying to get to the 2000 GCs so you will want to look at
actually site-separating the 2000 away
0
mark7219 (5666)
11/3/2006 7:43:26 PM
You don't think that any of my problems are associated with upgrading the
front-end from win2000 to win2003 and exch 2003??

Thanks

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> Well, it's trying to get to the 2000 GCs so you will want to look at
> actually site-separating the 2000 away

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 07:19:01 -0800, Anthony Graber
<AnthonyGraber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>You don't think that any of my problems are associated with upgrading the
>front-end from win2000 to win2003 and exch 2003??
>
>Thanks
>
>"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Well, it's trying to get to the 2000 GCs so you will want to look at
>> actually site-separating the 2000 away

Perhaps I have made a leap and assumed that you did indeed configure
the RPC Proxy Service as a Windows Component, but since you have to do
this to configure an FE/BE environment it's a reasonable one to make.
0
mark7219 (5666)
11/6/2006 5:32:45 PM
Mark,

I did install the RPC over HTTP proxy service, if that is what your asking.

Anthony

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 07:19:01 -0800, Anthony Graber
> <AnthonyGraber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >You don't think that any of my problems are associated with upgrading the
> >front-end from win2000 to win2003 and exch 2003??
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Well, it's trying to get to the 2000 GCs so you will want to look at
> >> actually site-separating the 2000 away
> >>

> Perhaps I have made a leap and assumed that you did indeed configure
> the RPC Proxy Service as a Windows Component, but since you have to do
> this to configure an FE/BE environment it's a reasonable one to make.

Unicode does not always work in outlook 2007?
Using outlook 2007, when I receive an email with a chinese subject line, it displays the chinese as jibberish in the subject column in the inbox view. However when I open the message then it displays the chinese correctly on the subject line. In the contacts list, when I try to create a new contact with chinese name by copy and paste, the name displays as ????. But if I paste the same name into the notes section, then it displays the chinese correctly. Is this a bug or is it by design? Does it work better in office 2010? ...

How to transparent editbox control works correctly...
Hi i am working on an application where i have dialog based application. On dialog there is a picture control which displays a picture. Now i want to put an edit box. Text box string is current time which i am getting from OnTimer handler. i want that editbox control should be transparent except text in it. for this i have work with following code and get succeed in OnCtlHandler of dialog if(pWnd->GetDlgCtrlID() == IDC_EDT_Isha) { pDC->SetBkMode(TRANSPARENT); hbr = (HBRUSH)GetStockObject(NULL_BRUSH); } it makes the backgound tranparent but when the value of the edit box change...

RPC-http using single server
I'm trying to follow the instructions in the MS paper "Exchange Server 2003 RPC over HTTP Deployment Scenarios" to configure my Exchange 2003 Enterprise server to use RPC over HTTP in a single server installation. I don't have "RPC-HTTP" tab in my server properties dialog in ESM! I thought everything was ready up to this point, but I've obviously missed something. Any ideas? TIA, Bob D'oh! In "networking services" of Windows setup of the Exchange server, RPC proxy wasn't installed by default... "Bob" wrote: > I'm trying...

POS
Hi I know POS can't accept deposits nor layaways. My question is, has anyone figured out a procedural workaround for this? -Luis TIA Hello Luis, I am in the same boat as you are. I have a brand new "unsable" POS because there is no way to have a lay away... Is there a work around or should I stay with my old POS? -- Fabien in seattle "Luis" wrote: > Hi I know POS can't accept deposits nor layaways. My question is, has anyone > figured out a procedural workaround for this? > > -Luis > > TIA Citi Provides gift cards that can be used as...

Autofilter not working properly
When a column is autofiltered for blanks or nonblanks, the next available row for data entry is wrong ie: the last populated row is 300, but the row immediately below the filtered area is something like 3275 (random figure). Any ideas please, as this is driving me mad Hi, Does this problem happen when you highlite the range, then turn on autofilter? If not, you may have cells which at one time had data in them and Excel needs to reset the last cell. Have a look at: Last Cell - Resetting http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/lastcell.htm You may have cells which at one time had dat...

Connector to Lotus Notes not working
I did a quick search but I think my problem specifically hasn't been covered. I have Outlook 2003, SP2 as a standalone client (no exchange). I'm trying to connect to Lotus Notes (version 6.5.4 on my desktop) but I'm getting an error after adding it in as an email account: The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Please contact your system admin. This worked a month ago, but in that time, I got a new machine, so I had to re-install the connector. Please help! Any ideas? HI ricochet, if you have solved your problem do let us know. I have precisely...

My password don't work on my MS Money 2004 Business edition
Hi everyone, I am panicing.My Microsoft Money Small Business Edition password is not working. Somehow my password changed. All my business data and personal financial data is on there and i don't know what to do. About two days my password does not work. I did not change anything. I wanted to print an invoice and it wouldn't allow me to. It would not allow me to go further without a password. Is there a solution to this problem or I am just doomed. Please do a search... if you did a very little superficial search, you will notice MANY people having the same problem. >-----Or...

"Show Placeholders" in options/view menu does'nt work.
I have a macro that places a large number of pictures on a spreadsheet. I would like the pictures to show as "placeholders" to speed up viewing/editing. The only problem is that this feature (under Tools/Options/View) does not work. All the images are being display normally. I have tried this in Excel 2000/2003/XP with the same result. This feature works great in MS Word. Please help. To see what I'm talking about. Go to Tools/Options/View and check the "Show Placeholders" option. Now insert a picture or clipart. The image will be displayed normally instead of just a b...

Ctrl-c fails to work
Unusual issue. I don't know if anyone knows a workaround. When a user opens GP (v7.5 sp4 and 7), ctrl-c and ctrl-v work fine for copying and pasting. Once Transactions>>Financial>>Reconcile is opened, ctrl-c no longer works. You can click edit>>copy, but the keyboard shortcut to copy fails (ctrl-v still works). Closing GP and reopening resolves the issue, until you open that window again. Any thoughts? I have a client that has the same issue that the Ctrl-C will fails to work on the SOP item line. However have not yet been able to determine what conditions cause i...

Ignore option under Library Monitoring does not work
I have read the posts about this issue but I'm still having a problem with the auto-monitoring for folders to use in the Library. Like others, I want to create a new Library on another drive. I have set that folder (I:\Music for example) to be the Rip folder and have added it to the monitor list. I have set all the C:\... folders to IGNORE and clicked OK. All my old music still shows up. I can not re-rip the music to the new folder since WMP thinks it is already in the Lirary. I don't want to delete the old Library either. On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 14:19:01 -0700, bigsky88 &...

.NET access not working
Hey everyone. I can get into hotmail and my MSN account information but not money using my .NET name and password! This is VERY wierd. Has this happened to anyone?! I am using Money 2003. Any help is very appreciated! Jose I have exactly the same experience with money 2004. It started last week and I'm pretty tired of it. Mark >-----Original Message----- >Hey everyone. > >I can get into hotmail and my MSN account information but >not money using my .NET name and password! This is VERY >wierd. Has this happened to anyone?! I am using Money >2003. A...

Trace dependents not working
I am able to do trace precendents from cells in several sheets to cell A. But when I tried to do a trace dependent on cell A, the trace dependent could not fine any formulas that refers to the active cell A. ...

Money 2007 Update Utility Not Working
Everytime I start Money 2007 I have a pop up window asking me to update Money and press OK. Which I do, and it closes Money and downloads the update. It then asks if it's ready to install, and that crashes. Then it says 'Microsoft Money Update Utility has caused an error and needs to be restarted.' or whatever that message is. That happens everytime I start Money, and I'd like to update it, because that notification is real annoying. What is wrong ? Is there a way to manually update Money 2007 ? Thanks Uninstall the IE 7 beta and do the update. The crash will stop. ...

archive not working
We are having company wide archiving issues. We are on Exchange 2003 SP2 and users are mixed Office XP and Office 2003. I have posted the question before on this and it looks like there is an issue with modify date. I am not sure if this will help with modify date, but we are using VERITAS as our backup and Exchange agent that will log in to every mailbox and backup email by email. Does the agent modify the emails date then? Before I take it to the Microsoft support and spend money, can someone help explain why this is going on and why can't we archive. No error messages are generat...

Has anyone run into this situation where the user clicks on the "Advanced Search" button and nothing happens. Usually it would allow the user to do Advanced Search options, but no longer. The end stated that this problem just started happening a week ago. She said nothing new has been added to the computer. It doesn't appear to be greyed out, but no longer allows the option for Advanced Search. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks. There seemed to be a couple of potential problems which resolved this problem. First, I added the IP Address of our CRM server wi...

Messages sent only to me in blue setting not working
For some reason this setting no longer works after we moved to new PCs at our company. Strange because it works for some memebers of our group and not others. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We have absolutely no idea what you are talking about: Please provide: Version of Office/Outlook Where this "mail sent to me" setting? Is this done via a rule? Have you checked your settings against those of people where it does work? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all...

Reading my home email while I'm at work
I have Outlook Express 6 on my computer at home and at work. Is there a way I can check my home email from my office computer? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, a...

Sorting a Work sheet
Hi there, i have an example sheet here: www.dj-jammy.com/test.xls im want to be able to sort the countries on the left, by who has the highest figures for that month, at the top ,and the lowest at the bottom, but, i want to be able to select which month i want to find out for by a drop down menu; e.g., i select march from my drop down menu, and it sorts the sheet, with canada at the top, and uk at the bottom (and obviously the appropriate ones in between), but, if i then select may from my drop down box, it places poland at the top, and usa at the bottom. How would i do this - im not a pr...

Outlook express doesnt work after installing critical updates
Today I installed microsofts critical updates for outlook express. I went to check my email and I keep getting the message: Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be found. Outlook Express may not be installed properly. I have windows 2000, and this is really annoying, at least I know that I will never do any more critical updates for OE. Can anybody out there please please please help me. Thanks Lavinia ...

How Does the CRM E-mail Router Work?
All, Does anyone know how the CRM E-mail Router really works? How does it determine which one to route to CRM and which ones to discard? Some of the e-mails are not getting routed, and we discover that if the queue e-mail address is not in the e-mail header, it doesn't get routed. Any insight is appreciated. Jimmy, The CRM-Exchange E-mail router is a software component that provides an interface between CRM and Exchange. E-mail comes into the CRM system through this router which is installed on the computer running Exchange. The following text is from the Implementation Gu...

Reminders not working #2
In tasks, when I set a reminder to remind me in, say, fifteen minutes it doesn't do so--Outlook is open. I've rebooted with the switch /cleanreminders and that hasn't helped. The tasks themselves aren't lost ever, just the reminder function not working. Expired task/reminders do appear when rebooting, just not at the time they're told to. I've also run Office repair, and that didn't help. Thanks! ...

Outlook 2007 Rules work and then get forgotten?
I have reset my rules and alerts more than once but still they work for 3 days and then they seem to be forgotten. I then get the "rule (1)", get a duplicate email and start all over again, and reset - deleting all my rules & alerts. How can fix this problem? -- Living large in So Cal "Laurie" <Laurie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03094AAB-C5FF-4AF4-9951-DD5628E8FE20@microsoft.com... > I then get the "rule (1)", What does this mean? What type of account are you using? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Can not send emails within Exchange accounts, but external emails work
So basically I have setup some rules mainly for cases. Whenever a serious case is created I want certain people within the organization (MS Exchange server) to be notified. If I use an email address of anybody within the organization it doesn't work, but if I use an external account, like Gmail or Hotmail, the email is sent without a problem. On the CRM server, in the Events log under Applications, I'm getting a Usrenv Event id#1030 almost every 5 minutes, so not sure if that would affect sending emails to people within the same Exchange environment. I'm lost and any help would be...

Command button on got focus not working
Greetings all. I've got a popup form for adding a note to a notes table. On the form there is a command button to insert the note then close the add note form. It works fine when sub fires from the on click event of the button. However, if I take the same code and put it in the got focus event, I get an error, shown below after the code. The message is inserted, and the main form is requeried, bu the add not popup does not close. If I hit ok on the error message, then hit enter again, the add not popup then closes. My intention is that the user can simply hit enter after typin...

Working with Outlook when disconnected from Exchange
I've got Exchange Server 5.5 and Outlook 2000. I recently bought a laptop and I'm wondering how I can take a 'copy' of my Outlook data (e.g. contacts, notes, e-mail) with me on the road for viewing/editing when I'm not connected to a network (i.e. when I'm on a plane). I would like to be able to work 'offline' with Outlook and then have everything sync back up when I reconnect to my company's network. Since all of my data is on the Exchange server, I'm not sure how this would be done. If this is too difficult, having a copy of my data so I can atleas...