Routing the emails for another ISP (Exchange 2000)

Hello,
I am analyzing a situation for a client:

I has a LAN that has 4 PCs, assigned to 4 local users, each one has an email
account (Exchange 2000).

But emails should not be routed for the ISP that is being used, they must be
routed for another ISP set.

What options do I have for this.

I hope you understand my question.

Thanks.

0
ALEJO1 (1)

Email Addresses not populating after creating new user
We are running SBS2003. After creating several new users, it is not populating the Email Addresses tab under the users properties. I have the checkbox for "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" checked and I have also tried to force apply the global recipient rules in Exchange Manager, but none of that is working. I think this is also the reason why Outlook is not able to resolve this users name when I try to connect their Outlook to the exchange server. Brian The problem could be that the Recipient Update Service cannot update the users becau...

Exchange 2003 Adding a footer to outgoing emails
Hello All, Anyone know of a way to add a footer to all outbound emails in Exchange 2003 Thanks Mark Hi Mark You can do it via an Event Sink as detailed in these articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317327 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317680 Or use a third-party app. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mark S." <mslater_nospam@m-e-c.com> wrote in message news:%23QMqSEnSFHA.3492@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello All, &g...

rejoining exchange to domain
hello, I have Exchange 2000 and Win 2000 server. I disjoined my exchange server from the domain, and I rejoined again. when I tried to open Active directory users and groups, I am having this error: naming information cannot be located because: the target principal name is incorrect contact your system administartor......etc anyone can provide help with this? regards See http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?spid=global&query=naming+information+cannot+be+located+because&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pwt=false&title=false&kt=PHRASE&mdt=0&comm=1&ast=1&as...

Permission in Exchange 2007
Hi, How do we give permission to an exchange 2007 server to an account from a different forest with trust between them. I have 2 forests with Exchange 2003 and 2007 serves in them. I want to give permission to the 2003 account to the 2k7 server In 2003 server we see the properties on the Server node and from the security tab we can select the users from the trusted domain. But when I try to open the delegate wizard from the 2k7 server it does not show the users from the trusted domain Thansk Ravi ...

Email Campaign with Attachments
Dear Community I've follwing problem, how can i attach e file to e email when i create a campaign (not a quick campaign!) over WEB an Outlook client ??? Can anyone give me a solution wich is usable for daily business ??? Thanx for all answers Marcel please save the campaign first, then you can attach the file. "Marcel" wrote: > Dear Community > > I've follwing problem, how can i attach e file to e email when i create a > campaign (not a quick campaign!) over WEB an Outlook client ??? > > Can anyone give me a solution wich is usable for daily busine...

Outlook 2003: Copy Full Names to email display Names
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2000. I believe 2000 used to choose email addresses based on the Full Name field. 2003 appears to choose based on the Email Display name. Most of my email Display Names are just the email addresses. What is the easiest way to copy the Full Name to the email Display Name? What do you mean by "choose email addresses?" The Display Name has varied with each version of Outlook, but it is of no consequence. What makes you think it is? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "orbojeff" <jeff.callahan@orbograph.com> wrote in message new...

Testing an exchange 2003 setup
We haven't directed mail to the server yet, and would like to test the server for incoming mail before we switch it over. We were advised to use these steps: telnet <exchange server ip> 25 ehlo rset mail from:me@outsideemail.com rcpt to:me@insideemail.com type message here press enter twice .. ok so while doing these steps the "mail from:me@outsideemail.com" returns You do not have permission to send email to this server. Anybody know how to fix this?? Thanks, Howard Hi, Your problem is you don't have anonymous access enabled on your SMTP virtual server - wou...

Outlook 2000 lost message when send cancelled
Hi, I have Outlook 2000 sp1 , Win2000 with a smart card for digital signature. Somehow my main Outlook was closed, so the draft I was working on was the only window open. When I went to send the mail with the encrypted sigature, the card was not available, and gave me an error. I hit cancel, and the message is gone. Normally I just go back to the message, this time nothing. Is there any way to recover this? I searched all folders (on the Exchange server and personal), but it's not there. I also checked the temp directories as well. I spent enough time on this email, and I would pr...

Exchange 2003 on new hardware
I don't want to keep the same name. I just want to move my current exchange installation over to new hardware. Where is a good guide for this? Everywhere I read says to "move" the mailboxes as a first step. Will this cause users to not be able to get their e-mail? I have been running ntbackup on Exchange; is this a sufficient backup if things go very wrong? I am totally clueless on what to do... any/all help is greatly appreciated. TIA, -Steven- Close. The first step is to build the new server and install Exchange! You're definitely on the right track. Doing ...

Exchange 2007s administrative group restore?
Greetings, I was installing ex2007 and the uninstalled it. I saw the administrative group in adsiedit which it left behind (which I deleted) I know, it was a bad move now I cannot reinstall ex2007 as a hub-transport & edge transport server/role How can I reclaim the 'remnants' (ex2007 admin/routing/other groups) which the previous uninstall left - so the ex2007 install works? Thanks, Mike Bonvie I figured it out.... by running the following at the command-line in the exchange2007 install folder, the objects are regenerated (similiar to forest/domainprep in 2003) setup ...

1 Mailbox
Here is the situation: Main Office in Country A (Exchange 2003) Remote Office in Country B (Exchange 2003) I have several users that travel between country A and country B. We have an exchange server in both offices. The complaint is that when the users get to Remote Office in Country B because their profile points to Main Office in Country A, their outlook session runs slowly. We have temporarily put in a measure that when they travel from Country A to Country B that they are instructed to log into a seperate profile that points them to the exchange local to where they are. When travel a...

How do you create dual drop down menus in excel 2000?
I can create a single drop down menu, but need to add a qualifier next to lists on menu. HELP!!!!!! If drop-down created with Data Validation>List, check out Debra Dalgleish's site for dependent lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal02.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:51:03 -0800, "Phlashh" <Phlashh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can create a single drop down menu, but need to add a qualifier next to >lists on menu. HELP!!!!!! ...

Password Setting on Exchange
>I have outlook password protected, but I can only enter >the password once, and If I make a mistake, it locks me >out on exchange. Is there a setting within outlook that >let's me try to increase the number of tries for example >give 3 try before locking the user out. I do use NT security to logoin to my machine, but still want the extra security of protecting the outlook. I know there is a setting on exchange that can be used to do this, but I do not know what and where I can set it up. Any help is appreciated. ...

email problems
I am getting the following error message when I try to acces my email. Please advise. Thank you. An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x80004005 In your browser go to http://mail.yahoo.com and log in to that account. Then clean out all the folders in your webmail. If you want to save any messages, create a new folder and move those messages to the new folder. Empty the spam and thrash folders also. Close webmail, then try Windows Mail again. Gary ...

Export email profiles
I have a client that is getting a new computer. I can move the pst file from one system to the other. However, this doesn't move the email address and settings. I understand that the settings are kept in the registry. Is there a way to export the email accounts and then import them on the new computer. In OE, we can export the email accounts and then reimport them on the new system. Is there a way to do this with Outlook 2003? Thanks, Joe Are the machines both running Outlook 2003? Will the user's .pst files be in the same location? If yes, to both, you should be able to use ...

Help Needed With Exchange 2000 to 2003 SBS
Hi, I am currently running SBS 2000 with Exchange Server 2000. I need to blow the server away completely and clean install with SBS 2003. My only worry is how to get the old 2000 Exchange data into the new 2003 Exchange without having to go round manually creating PST files on each user's Outlook. I have dismounted the Store and backed up the EDB and STM files to a separate machine as well as all the log files in the MDBDATA folder. Can I then just import these files into Exchange 2003?? Any help gratefully accepted. Apologies if I am in the wrong group. Siv You should post t...

multiple emails #3
Hey does anyone know why outlook is sending multiple emails to my distribution list? Please help it's really annoying my clients. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook-Duplicates.asp -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:052f01c3b25b$d0974b10$a401280a@phx.gbl, Jim wrote: > Hey does anyone know why outlook is sending multiple > emails to my distribution list? Please help it's really &...

Access 2000 /Jet/ BLOB/mdb file structure
Could someone direct me to a reference which gives a byte-level description of mdb files written by MS Access 2000, including whatever native internal variables or pointers there are and their typical locations? Thank you. Richard Bonomo rbonomoXXX@madisonwaterYYY.orgZZZ_drop_caps Richard Bonomo <Richard Bonomo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Could someone direct me to a reference which gives a byte-level description >of mdb files written by MS Access 2000, including whatever native internal >variables or pointers there are and their typical locations? Thank you. Mi...

Account Lockouts from Exchange?
Hello, everyone: I'm having some difficulty, and I'm hoping that someone out there has some insight. I have attached a lot of materials to this post, so if I refer to something, and you don't see it right away, just scroll down. Last week, I implemented an account lockout policy on our Windows Server 2003 domain. Almost immediately, my account was locked out. I set the account lockout threshold to 5 attempts, over a 30 minute period, and to lock out indefinitely. I assumed that I had logged onto someone's machine and they had then typed in their password and locked me...

Money 2000 entries
I am unable to make entries in checkbook after a window display of "This program has performed an illegal transaction and will be shut down. Every time I try to make entries into my checkbook, I get the same message and it shuts down. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=104. "ceadams" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FD155C3-179E-4A31-9394-BDBDF73F4BDC@microsoft.com... > I am unable to make entries in checkbook after a window display of "This program has performed an illegal transaction and will be shut down. Every time I try to make...

Html emails stripped down to plain text
I have two users for the company I work for that are trying to send html formatted emails to eachother they are using Outlook 2003. Now I know all the security issues and stuff that comes with it but they are the bosses and thats what they want. So when User A sends an email to User B the html is stripped out and its put into plain text. But when User B gets html emails from others they can see it in html. User A can recieve and read html emails from User B just fine. So my question is who has the problem User A or User B and what is the problem? Then how do you fix that problem? Thanks,...

Easily change smtp servers for all email-accounts
People, I got my laptop with me basically everywhere I go, but I find it totally annoying that I have to change the smtp-server settings for each and every account when wanting to send mail from a different location than the time before. I have about 15 accounts that I regularly recieve email to and ehwn I reply to these I always have to change the smtp-server. Is there a way to fix this easily for all accounts? Best regards, Henning Frettem Oslo, Norway I should probably mention that I run MS Office 2002 SP3 ...

Outlook 2000 #167
When I now try to start Outlook I get "The Operation Failed" message. Click on OK and Outlook immediately closes. What is wrong? ...

Corrupt emails when using multipart content types
I am running Exchange 2003 with latest SPs and am running into a very strange problem. When we receive certain emails, the contents of the messages have been corrupted. Exclamation points (!) seem to appear randomly in the text (usually an exclamation point followed by a space). The messages both contain HTML and TEXT content, the header is: Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_365D_01C59758.21CA9D10" The text version content type is: ------=_NextPart_000_365D_01C59758.21CA9D10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Tr...

Can CRM send Email without exchange?
Hi all, I asked this question the other day, but I re-read my post and it made no sense! Hence no replies I guess. My questions (put a bit more eloqantly) are: 1) Do you HAVE to use exchange to fire out an email? Can it be handled through CRM? Surely it's just pushing out SMTP traffic, but knowing MS this answer is going to be "no you must have exchange" 2) Can CRM be configured to use mailbox enabled user accounts that dont have the upn of the domain that the crm machine is in. As far as I can see, if you add the user into CRM by it's pre 2K name ie domain\username it wi...