Routing some outbound messages to a server on my network

I would like to have all outbound email messages go out to our ISP except
for the ones addressed to any one @Unix.OurDomain.com

It looks like I can set up Address spaces on two virtual servers to do that.
The address space for the Unix server would be Unix.OurDomain.com but I
don't know the syntax for the address space on the other server.  Is this
the right way to go about it?

Lee Robinson

0
lee7683 (2)

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:25:14 -0500, "Lee Robinson" <lee@robinson.net>
wrote:

>I would like to have all outbound email messages go out to our ISP except
>for the ones addressed to any one @Unix.OurDomain.com
>
>It looks like I can set up Address spaces on two virtual servers to do that.
>The address space for the Unix server would be Unix.OurDomain.com but I
>don't know the syntax for the address space on the other server.  Is this
>the right way to go about it?
>
>Lee Robinson

Create yourself an RG and then two SMTP connectors in it.
One address space will point to * and the other will be
unix.domain.com for which you will specify a smarthost.
See: http://www.msexchange.me.uk/rg1.mht which is a bit basic and not
intended exactly for your question but gives you the screen shots
you'd need.

Remember, none of the above will permit inbound from the Internet
since you won't have an MX record for the unix child domain.

0
mark7219 (5666)

Exchange 2000 Newsgroup Error Messages
We have an Exchange 2000 Server but do not have any Newsgroups. The Event Log is filled with error messages about news groups not being setup. How can I stop these error messages and attempts to reach a non-existant news group? Thanks! Lucy Disable the NNTP Service and it should go away. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Exchange MVP www.exchangetrainer.com www.msexchange.org "Lucy" <LucyMolly@comcast.net> wrote in message news:C102A639-37FB-4154-A611-B7738950A242@microsoft.com... > We have an Exchange 2000 Server but do not have any Newsgroups. The Event Log is filled wi...

How to: find reason for rejected messages?
I'm trying to find the reason, why certain messages get rejected by our exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to find out? Scenario: pullmail gets mails from pop3 mailboxes from, let's say "internetmailserver.com" and puts it in our exchange server "intranet.com". For most mails it works marvellous but for some mails it just fails and I can only see (output of pullmail command): .... 1 messages waiting << +OK 8488322 octets Message from: some.user@validdomain.com to: user@intranet.com SMTP message rejected, reply OK Unexpected response rsion:...

message sent-confirmation of emails sent-weird reply
I recently changed my outlook settings so that when an email is sent, I get a confirmation sent back to me. Usually it says message delivered. Recently, just with one email account to someone, it says that the message was delivered but there were of guarantees that it was read or understood. What has this person done to the settings? curious kid <curious kid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently changed my outlook settings so that when an email is sent, I get a >confirmation sent back to me. Usually it says message delivered. Recently, >just with one email accou...

Add something to "To:" message field
Hi is there any way how to add something to sender's name field? I need to add organisation name before the sender's name (to distinguish different organisations)? The only way I found so far is changing users name in Active Directory and this is (for me :-) not preferred way as I have to change all 500 mailboxes' names :-( Any hints? On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 07:49:10 -0800, Jiri Kopacek <JiriKopacek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi is there any way how to add something to sender's name field? I need to >add organisation name before the sender's name (to d...

Receiving some messages
I am only receiving some of my e-mail messages. My husband has the same problem on his computer. This started happening a couple of weeks ago. No harware or software changes that we know of. We know people are sending us messages and sometimes we receive them but most times we do not. Any suggestions? Go to your provider's webmail (using Internet Explorer) and check your mail there. Are the missing messages there, perhaps in a Spam folder? Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Vineyard" wrote in message news:7D9032F8-8807-4D42-A79C-F5F319DB930A@microsof...

Synchronising Message Headers
Question for helpful people: In Outlook, when I move, slecting and highlighting with my mouse, from one mail folder to another (for example, from 'Inbox' to 'Sent Mail'), I see the text synchronising Message Headers in the lowest bar of the window, and the programme takes several seconds to be ready. This is dramatically slower than moving around inside Outlook Express, so I wonder if this delay is normal. Anyone know? Kevo what type of email account do you use? It's normal for IMAP accounts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in...

Turn off Outlook spell checking of messages with vba
In developing an application for Word which sends e-mail messages using Outlook, I came across an issue that I have not been able to resolve. Hopefully someone will have a plan :) With Outlook's options configured to spell check the message before sending, each message processed creates the message 'Word finished checking the selection. Do you want to continue the remainder of the document' which requires user intervention. Clearly if the option is switched off in Outlook, the message doesn't occur. As I have no control over whether users have this option set o...

Outlook setup moved Exchange messages to local machine
A couple of weeks ago, I setup a user with a second computer in a remote office with Outlook. After I was finished I started his outlook and saw his messages. But when the user came into the main office the next day to use his primary machine, he could not see any of his (old) messages in his inbox. After a while, he can see new messages on both machines, but it appears that all of his previous inbox 'history' is sitting locally on his machine in the remote office. Is it possible that when I installed outlook in the remote office that I accidently downloaded all of the user's inb...

Reformatting hard drive and want to save messages
I need to reformat my hard drive and want to save my outlook messages to an external drive somehow so I can get them back afterwards. I can't figure out from the help how to do this, and any assistance will be much appreciated. I'm using Outlook 2002, XPPro with SP3. (also posting this on microsoft.public.outlook) Maggie "mag" <the1mag@comcast.net> wrote in message news:OV6jgPUbKHA.1596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I need to reformat my hard drive and want to save my outlook messages to an > external drive somehow so I can get them back a...

Strange error message...
I have a Dell Dimension 8400 with Windows XP MCE SP3 fully updated. Things were going well til the following message showed up when I was not doing anything on the computer. It was on but not in use...just the desktop showing. Windows - Delayed write failed Windows was unable to save all the data for file G:\Extend\$UsnJrnl:$J The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save the file elsewhere. G is my external hard drive. I googled the message and got several hits but none of it makes sense ...

Windows activation message keeps coming up
Hi, A bit of advice really, I have not added or taken away anything on my system but since yesterday each time I start the PC I get the message saying I need to activate Windows. I am running Windows XP home. I don't know if this is a genuine message or if I have had some virus at some time, I have run scans for virus and malware and such but nothing found. Any help much appreciated. Gerald Interesting reading. <http://aumha.org/win5/a/wpa.htm> Phone activation is used to get a local phone number to call and get Vista activated by phone. For more informati...

SBS2003 server with MSCRM 3 Small Biz Edition on Network
Hi everybody, As you may know, Microsoft has changed the way that MSCRM is licensed in version 3.0, there is separate licensing for MSCRM 3.0 depending on whether the underlying server operating system being installed on is SBS 2003 or full blown Windows 2003. The price of licenses of MSCRM 3.0 Small Biz Edition is approx half that of MSCRM 3.0 Prof Edition, and Microsoft did it this way so that MSCRM 3.0 Small Biz edition can compete effectively with mid market CRM packages such as Goldmine, etc. However, problems arises when small business customers ARE NOT running SBS 2003. I have got ...

Question on Storage Limit for Standard Server
I know Exchange Standard is limited to 16 GIG's. (for now, until SP2) But is that Actual DB size, or size of the 4 files. Different people tell me different things. And I am trying to get the actual word on that. I just deleted 2 users from our system. In the exchange admin program together they showed about 4 Gig's of emails. After I deleted them & Purged - the db size did not go down. When we did an Offline Defrag, it freed up 1.0 GIG. Is there something I am missing? The 4 files are around 13.0GIG. I don't want to have the server shutdown (again) Just trying t...

MS Office-Font Corruption Message??!!!
All of the sudden, the entire MS Office suite is yielding a "The font [name] is corrupt and should be removed." It goes through my entire library of fonts (1200+) and gives a message for each font, alphabetically. Anyone experience this? I've tried trashing the office font cache file - no luck. Mac OS X - 10.4.8 Using Linotype Font Explorer X for font management iMac 24" intel core duo HELP!!!! See if any of the suggestions mentioned on this page are helpful: <http://word.mvps.org/Mac/CorruptFontErrors.html> On 20/3/07 6:06, in article 1174367217.587258.12483...

Message Interface error -- Outlook 2003
Hi! I've been dealing with the following issue for a couple of weeks now. When the user tries to create a new email message, forward an email, or create a task, she gets the following Microsoft Office Outlook window box: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart outlook." I have uninstalled then reinstalled Outlook 2003. The current version of Outlook 2003 shows 11.5608.5606--which I believe is current. When I click on the File, Data File Management, nothing happens--as if the button doesn't work. On other workstations, it...

how to disable update links message when opening files
Hi I have approx 200 simple templates all of which are the same in layout, i'm using a simple macro which uses a loop to open each file pick up bits of info and lay it out on a list. The problem i have is some of these files have external links and when the macro opens them i get the message "Do i want to update links" which also pauses the macro until i click update or dont update. Is it possible to put a code within the macro which automatically selects dont update if a file has links. I've displayalerts = false but this doesnt seem to work thanks in ...

Can't change authentication methods on HTTP Virtual Server
Trying to change Authentication Methods for Exchange properties in my HTTP Virtual Server and it is grayed out. I read a document explaining not to use IIS console to do this. Well, I can't do it from here. I am not sure if this is some kind of a security setting. I am logged in as Administrator. Help is greatly appreciated Are you trying to do this from Exchange System Manager, Server, Protocols, HTTP, Exchange Virtual Server? If so, you are correct, you should not make changes through here. You want to change it throuhg IIS. Go to Start, Program Files, Administrative Tools, Interne...

workstations lose connection to SBS 2003 server
At the end of the day, my workstations are connected to my SBS 2003 server and the shared server drives are visible. But the next morning, the workstations have been disconnected. (When viewed in Windows Explorer on the workstation, they show as Dissconnected.) When I reboot the workstation, the connection is restored. All computers are left running overnight. What is causing the workstations to disconnect overnight? What are you using for backups? if you click connect are they reconnecting? do the PC's go into sleep mode? Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-M...

exchange server 2003 backup options
Hello all, My company and I are trying to come up with a solution for having a backup system for our primary exchange server should it go down. We have a second windows 2003 standard server online. I am afraid of major complications if we just load exchange 2003 server on this other server. I am sure there must be another way to do this. Would appreciate any help on this. Thnaks, Gwen "Gwen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1913501c44c92 $890ddda0$a401280a@phx.gbl: > My company and I are trying to come up with a solution > for having a bac...

Closed envelope icon remain closed for IPM.Note messages
I have some IPM.Note messages with closed envelope icon. The icon remain closed no matter what. The only work-around is to change its message class to something else (e.g., IPM.Note.XXX) and change back. Tried to clear form cache, rename frmcache.dat, ... no luck. (using OL2003 and XP) Did anyone have similar experience? How did you fix it? Thanks in advance! ...

Rule to filter mails from same exchange server #2
Hi All, In the outlook 2000, how we can create a rule to move messages from same exchange server to another folder? I created a rule to move the messages if the sender's address contains our domain name. But that doesn't work...may be bz, if the msg is from same exchange server, it won't include the domain name part in the sender's id. Pls help. Rgds SR sajirochira@gmail.com <sajirochira@gmail.com> wrote: > In the outlook 2000, how we can create a rule to move messages from > same exchange server to another folder? I created a rule to move the > messages if ...

Outlook Express-The message could not be deleted
Will not let me delete certain messages - anyone??? Error message The message could not be deleted Christine <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Will not let me delete certain messages - anyone??? > Error message The message could not be deleted Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. Try emptying your Deleted Items folder and compacting your message store. -- Brian Tillman ...

Viewing Hotmail message on web vs. WLM
Let's say I'm viewing a message from Hotmail's website (as opposed to viewing it in Windows Live Mail), and the message contains a 1 meg attachment. If I click on that attachment in order to view it, has it been downloaded at that point? (i.e. would it count as a meg of transferred data?) -- Mark Depending on your connection speed and the type of file, the file will start downloading to your browser's temporary files. A pdf file will display before all of a large file is downloaded. If the file has downloaded and you want to keep it, File, Save as, change t...

I want my INBOX messages to arrive showing FROM, not TO:
I want my INBOX messages to arrive showing FROM, not TO: Obviously the messages arriving are to ME...one of my profiles is normal and shows who the message is from , but with on eof my profiles, a new message is displayed showing it is TO and my email...I want it to display FROM: and whoever they are. Hi, You can customize the view for each Outlook folder to display only the fields you want to see, as well as in what order you would like the information displayed. To change your view, open the Outlook folder (in your case, the Inbox). Right click on the gray title bar and click on ...

Global Template Message Pops Up When Opening Word 2007
I just made modifications to the Normal.dotm file in Word 2007. Everything seemed to be going well, up until I opened Word 2007 again. Now every time I start Word, a dialogue box appears with the following message: 'The Global template, NORMAL.DOTM, is already open as an add-in program'. My only option is to click on 'OK' and then it disappears. Does anyone know how to get rid of this message??? Sounds like you have a copy of Normal.dotm (or a shortcut to it) in the Word or Office Startup folder? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Ty...