rotating names in distrobution list automatically

Hello Fellows,
Wondering if this can be done in exchange or if this needs to be done
webserver side...we have a web server that has info@ourdomain.com and
comments@ourdomain.com for visitors to send us mail. When an email is
sent to info it cycles thru three emails (karen@ourdomain.com,
sue@ourdomain.com, and tom@ourdomain.com)..each user gets one out of
every three info emails...so the work load is divided up...at the
moment this is accomplished thru a perl script on a bsd box that runs
some sort of counter..that then sends the individual email to our
exchange server...we are trying to phase out the bsd box...is there
anyway i can get exchange to automatically rotate thru members of a
distro list..or even generate a random email from a list (that would
work out the same as rotation).....if not I guess we will have to make
a random record set on the site page that rotates out emails....thanks
in advance...david
0
maine666 (6)

On 3 Nov 2004 09:09:49 -0800, maine666@hotmail.com (david) wrote:

>Hello Fellows,
>Wondering if this can be done in exchange or if this needs to be done
>webserver side...we have a web server that has info@ourdomain.com and
>comments@ourdomain.com for visitors to send us mail. When an email is
>sent to info it cycles thru three emails (karen@ourdomain.com,
>sue@ourdomain.com, and tom@ourdomain.com)..each user gets one out of
>every three info emails...so the work load is divided up...at the
>moment this is accomplished thru a perl script on a bsd box that runs
>some sort of counter..that then sends the individual email to our
>exchange server...we are trying to phase out the bsd box...is there
>anyway i can get exchange to automatically rotate thru members of a
>distro list..or even generate a random email from a list (that would
>work out the same as rotation).....if not I guess we will have to make
>a random record set on the site page that rotates out emails....thanks
>in advance...david

So what happens if one request takes a week and the next request takes
10 minutes?
How about creating a mail enabled public folder with those email
addresses and then divvying up the work a little more intelligently
than a ropey Round Robin fashion?

0
mark7219 (5666)
11/3/2004 9:45:35 PM
Mark,
making a public folder might be a good idea...just that users dont
like change especially in my company...is it possible to rotate who in
a mailing list gets the next email sent to that mailing list?..we use
exchange 5.5...thanks in advance..david

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<k9kio01msbc1caike09g7hg5ki0o0caehj@4ax.com>...
> On 3 Nov 2004 09:09:49 -0800, maine666@hotmail.com (david) wrote:
>
> >Hello Fellows,
> >Wondering if this can be done in exchange or if this needs to be done
> >webserver side...we have a web server that has info@ourdomain.com and
> >comments@ourdomain.com for visitors to send us mail. When an email is
> >sent to info it cycles thru three emails (karen@ourdomain.com,
> >sue@ourdomain.com, and tom@ourdomain.com)..each user gets one out of
> >every three info emails...so the work load is divided up...at the
> >moment this is accomplished thru a perl script on a bsd box that runs
> >some sort of counter..that then sends the individual email to our
> >exchange server...we are trying to phase out the bsd box...is there
> >anyway i can get exchange to automatically rotate thru members of a
> >distro list..or even generate a random email from a list (that would
> >work out the same as rotation).....if not I guess we will have to make
> >a random record set on the site page that rotates out emails....thanks
> >in advance...david
>
> So what happens if one request takes a week and the next request takes
> 10 minutes?
> How about creating a mail enabled public folder with those email
> addresses and then divvying up the work a little more intelligently
> than a ropey Round Robin fashion?
0
maine666 (6)

Volume pricing
Hi, I am trying to set a discount list for volume purchases with no success. The list I need to create is such: 1 item = 100% of price second and third item (the same item) = 50 % (for each ) of the price fourth item and on = 25 % ( for each ) of the price For example, if the price is 100$, than 1 item = 100$ 2 items = 150 $ 3 items = 200$ 4 items = 225 $ 5 items = 250 $ and so on. I tried both the '%' and quantity lists, but with no success. Is it possible? I need directions please. Thank you, Saariko Hi Saariko. I have a question. Is this Discount List assigned to a Price L...

VLOOKUP
When I query a datatable using VLOOKUP I get the answer returned fro the first instance of a name that appears albeit in the correct column If ABC is in row 2 with a value of 5 and also in row 3 with a value o 6, I get the reult 5 from row 2 in my formula. What I need is for formula that will sum all instances of the row name ABC so giving m the answer 11 (5+6). Ideally I don't want to go into VB scripting bu can handle nesting ormulae. I don't want to use dat>subtotals either a I need it to work 'behind the scenes' I am using Excel 2000. Any help would be gratefully receiv...

Unread emails automatically change to read after a few minutes
I have a weird problem that just started today with my email. All new emails (and even the emails I change back to Unread) automatically change to read after about 4 minutes. Now before anyone jumps to conclusion on the cause - The Reading Pane is turned OFF, Auto preview is turned off, I don't have options checked in the Reading Pane window of Tools>Option>Other>Outlook Panes, and I have NO rules whatsoever. I haven't changed anything or updated anything but it started sometime after shutting down the email client the day before and starting it this morning....

change the year in a list of dates ex 1/3/2003 to 1/3/2004
I have a list of dates, all in the year 2003 1/3/2003, and 5/17/2003, I want to change just the year to 1/3/2004 and 5/15/2004 in the whole list. How do I do that? say the dates you have now are in col A in a new column, type =a1+365 and copy down then do a /copy/special/values on the new column so it becomes static and no longer refers to col A... then delete col A and move teh new column to Col a work on a copy of your file to make sure I have it right... "Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57252856-7A95-4C46-8B96-10E4D127EAB9@microsof...

stipping stationary automaticly on replies
Is there a way to strip stationary from replies automatically? I know there are ways to do it manually but I am looking to do it automatically. Bob ...

Send/Receive made automatic
I have Outlook 2003. Is there a way to configure the Send/Receive so that I'll have my email waiting for me when I go into the program? Now I always have to click on the Send/Receive and wait several minutes before the recent email appears. One more little problem. Every time I write an email the color of my font is automatically blue. I then have to select the whole passage and click on the black in the box to change the color. Is there a way to always make the font black unless I want to change it to chartruese or something? I should be able to figure these things o...

ms exchange 2k smtp address list
Hi All, just started in an organisation and they all have several smtp mail address setup in exchange 2k. How can i generate a list of all address' on the exchange server? Without having to go into every user account and writing them down. You could use LDIFDE to dump addresses: ldifde -f c:\output.ldf -l mail,proxyaddresses This would dump the mail (primary) and proxyaddresses (secondary) addresses of your users to file. It includes the DN, so you'll be able to see which user has what address. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexc...

5.5: use contacts public folder as mailing list?
Hi everybody, I have unsuccessfully been trying to set up some kind of simple mailing list based on the contents of a public folder. I have found a workaround using an Outlook 97 local address book, but I can't believe that that is the only answer. I have tried setting up a distribution list, but emails sent to that list just end up in that folder, rather than use the addresses from the folder. The usenet provided me with similar questions from the past, but surprisingly I couldn't find an answer. Michael ...

Outlook Name Suggestion Issue
I am working on a strange issue with name suggestion in Outlook 2k3 version. For some users when I type the alias for the first time it resolved the name. The next time I try to type few characters for the same user. it suggests me with the complete name but this time in the brackets <> the alias would be some starnge name with some numbers. This strange alias number does not existing in our organization nor the number that appears along with it appears in the User AD properties. Examples: First time I type the alias as: "nnair" and press Ctrl + K = It resolves...

distribution lists as the FROM:
Greetings... We're in the middle of a migration from Exchange 5.5. Several of the servers have already been migrated successfully. Now, here's the situation... follow me closely... There is a distribution list created in Active Directory (via the ADC connector I suspect) that multiple users can use to send FROM. One such user, who is on a 5.5 server, is able to perform this operation just fine. The messages are sent FROM the DL and TO other DL's in the directory. After moving the user's mailbox to 2003, she is now unable to send notices out FROM the DL. A non-deliv...

Dependent drop down lists runtime error 5825
I am using the VBA to populate a drop down list ("Parklist") based on what a user selects from a first drop down list (AtoZ)- code is set to run on exit from ("Parklist"). However, if the user makes a selection in ("A-Z") and then opens the drop down list ("Parklist") but doesn't make a selection & clicks elsewhere in the document, the following error message pops up "Runtime error 5825 Object has been deleted". Sub Fillparklist() Dim myArray1() As String Dim myArray2() As String Dim myArray3() As String Dim myArray4() As String Dim my...

How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically
How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically? What do you want to change it to? On Jan 4, 12:00=A0am, Spacing after commas and periods <Spacing after commas and peri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically? You can't. Either press the spacebar as you type, or use the replace function to add whatever spacing you want. Note that with proportionally spaced fonts single spacing is correct. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>...

i want to only select one name from a list of the same names
I have a column of names and in the column there are 20 rows saying "apples" and 10 rows saying "oranges" and 5 rows of "bannanas". I would like to produce a report that pulls only the name i.e. "apples", which would then allow me to produce a consolidated list of names. This would mean that I would end up with 3 rows one saying "apples", one saying "oranges and one saying "bannanas". In B1 use =A1 In B2, add =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(0,COUNTIF(B$1:B1,$A$1:$A$20&""),0)),"", INDEX(IF(ISBLANK($A$1:$A$20),&qu...

Automatically empty junk mail folder
Yes, yes, I know what you're thinking - just tell Outlook to send Spam directly to the Deleted Items folder. One problem with this. I have three email accounts set up within Outlook. You can't set up junk mail options separately for each account. One of my POP accounts gets the most filthy spam, but my hotmail account gets a lot of relevant mail ending up in the junk mail folder. If I tell Outlook to send junk mail directly to the Deleted Items folder, ALL junk mail for ALL accounts goes straight to Deleted Items. I just want spam to one of my POP accounts to be deleted. Any sugges...

ShowFilter with Lists
Hello. I have a list created with several columns. I want to obtain the filter that I use, so I've copied the UDF ShowFilter, but the problem is that it only works when I have the list selected, when I select a cell outside the list then the ShowFilter function shows "No Active Filter". I've tried to create the filters outside the list, but that's not possible. Does anybody knows how can I fix this? I just want that I can see the selected filter, no matter which cell I have selected. Thanks in advance. There's a sample file here: http://www.contexture...

Coloring list item?
Using the MFC (in VS C++ 2003 .NET), is it possible to change the background color of a list item, not the whole list background, just a single item / line inside the list control (and NOT just highlighting it with a select message)? Or is it possible to change foreground color / text color? If the answer(s), are yes, then could an example be posted or a resource be pointed to? Any advice would help. I just really want some of the items of a list to *stand out* and to be different from other elements (and I would prefer not to just add an icon to differentiate differing elements). Thanks al...

How to obtain the Distribution List of a Sender
Hello, I'd like to know if it's possible to find if the sender of a mail over Exchange server is a member of an specific Distribution List (in Exchange) so this mail can be automatically marked. In other words, i´d like to konw if i can acces the organizational address book. I'm afraid no but i ask here to confirm it. I'm using Outlook 2003. If i used Outlook 2007 would it be possible? The solution should't show any prompts because a macro has to do this job on the Inbox folder automatically. Lot of thanks, Alberto. The GAL (Global Addr...

to Make Labels with different photo and name
I probably will want the size of an 8 label page but they will have a different photo and name on each. Is this possible in Publisher 2002 SP3? Word 2002? Works 2000? I've been all over the net looking for some info to no avail. aaarrrrgh. I did make one label in Publisher and I like the looks of it but for the life of me I cannot find out how to get different ones on one sheet to print. Why can't it be as easy as dragging them? I'll make them individually instead of a mail merge. lol Thanks for any input. AnnE AnnE wrote: > I did make one label i...

Music Albums Listings
When I go to my music in Windows 7 Media Center, some of the albums are displayed more than once, but one of them will only have one song in it and the other will have all the songs, including the first one. I have looked at the tags for the album and all songs have the same tags as far as artist, album, album artist. Is there a tag to "bind" them together? Thank you My approach to this is to copy the text out of Album on the one that has the most tracks and paste into the others. If that doesn't work look at all the metadata, genre, composer, etc. Bet there i...

copying contact list
I am listed on my computer under two accounts, a user and as administrator. My Windows live mail contact list is under the user account. I am trying to move or copy that contact list to the administrator account. I can already send and receive email under the administrator account, but I cannot see how to copy the contact list over. I appreciate any help. Earl Davis You don't really want to go that route.. If not using the same Live ID in WLM in each account(user and admin)... Export you contacts in the User account to a csv file(click Contacts in WLM, File/Export/Choose...

Automatic send/recieve #2
I have OL 2003 set using exchange server...automatic send and recieve does not seem to be working properly .... I have to manually select the snd and rcv ... are there any options to check for automatic snd/rcv? gastewa <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have OL 2003 set using exchange server...automatic send > and recieve does not seem to be working properly .... I > have to manually select the snd and rcv ... are there any > options to check for automatic snd/rcv? If you define a send/receive interval in Tools>Send/Receive>Send/receive Settings>...

how do i arrange list of names alphabetically in excel?
see i am arranging a data containing around 100 names of companies.. I dont have them in alphabetical order. i want them in that order. so i just want to know is there any function by which the list of companies would get arrange in an alphabetical order? Try from the Menu bar Data >> Sort >> Ascending -- Hope this help Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide the answer you asked cheers, francis "ganna pritesh" <ganna pritesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C5E36A3-FF29-4CC3-9E8A-7F993C70513E@microsoft.com... > see i am a...

how best to creat an inventory list, with one master sheet and a sheet for each item #2
Not sure if what you have described will work. I am looking at havin to inventory 200 items or so, and keep a sheet on each that I ca record issue and received stock, with a couple other columns o information as well. The 'master' sheet would list all items and a current balance so that can print it out without having to print out excessive pages and i would provide a nice way to view current stock at a glance. I als have hopes of formatting that page so it will give me notice when t re-order, etc. Hope this helps clear up what I am trying to do. Thanks for all the help, keep it...

adding user submitted items to a list
hello all, any help with this would be greatly appreciated... there's a cell were a user is asked to input data, and a command butto marked 'submit'. There is also a list. When the button is clicked for the first time I require the underlyin macro to place the inputted data into the 1st position in the list (n problem so far). However when the button is clicked for the 2nd time require the macro to place that data in the 2nd position... ie eac time the button is pressed the list grows. how do I write the macro to ensure the data is inputted one row dow from the last inputted p...

Display name change
My problem is this: I need email for just a few users to show up as shown below. This should be seen in the "From:" field on the recipient's email client. John Doe (Contractor) <jdoe@widgets.com> Currently it shows up in the recipient mailbox as: John Doe <jdoe@widgets.com> I tried changing the display name but it doesn't seem to work any differently. Is this possible? Seems like it should be relatively easy, but I guess I'm missing something somewhere. Dave display name is in fact the attribute you need to change. Once you change it, it should show u...