Rollup and OWA Attachments

We recently installed the Post RTM Rollup on 30 of our 60
mailbox
servers and have noticed that certain attachments are
being partially
stripped when opened in OWA (whether through a frontend or
directly
to the backend). This includes any html or text doc. For
instance, if I send a text file with only the following
line and I
open it in OWA, the file is empty:

"<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">"

The line is completely stripped. Any html file with any
reference to
javascript has those parts stripped as well. (i.e. if I
save
yahoo.com as a single page html file and send that, all of
the 10+
references to javascript are gone and there is a line of
gibberish at
the top of the page if I open that file) We have an in-
house program
that sends automated messages that are just a couple lines
of
javascript and these are now blank when opened in OWA.
There are
other parts being stripped but I'm still isolating those.

Also, it is definitely the rollup doing it. If we pull the
rollup
off a server, the behavior disappears for the mailboxes on
that
server. Put it back and the behavior returns.

I found no mention of this effect in the rollup KB
article. Has
anyone else seen this or read anything about it? We have
just
opened a PSS case but have yet to hear anything back from
MS.

Thanks for the time.
Pete
0
anonymous (74722)

Did you update all of your front-end (OWA) servers first?

In a front-end, back-end config, the front-ends should always be updated
first.

Also, have you now heard back from the PSS case?

Thanks,
Richard Roddy
Microsoft Exchange Support

--------------------
>From: "Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Sender: "Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Subject: Rollup and OWA Attachments
>Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 12:36:13 -0700
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin

>We recently installed the Post RTM Rollup on 30 of our 60
>mailbox
>servers and have noticed that certain attachments are
>being partially
>stripped when opened in OWA (whether through a frontend or
>directly
>to the backend). This includes any html or text doc. For
>instance, if I send a text file with only the following
>line and I
>open it in OWA, the file is empty:
>
>"<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">"
>
>The line is completely stripped. Any html file with any
>reference to
>javascript has those parts stripped as well. (i.e. if I
>save
>yahoo.com as a single page html file and send that, all of
>the 10+
>references to javascript are gone and there is a line of
>gibberish at
>the top of the page if I open that file) We have an in-
>house program
>that sends automated messages that are just a couple lines
>of
>javascript and these are now blank when opened in OWA.
>There are
>other parts being stripped but I'm still isolating those.
>
>Also, it is definitely the rollup doing it. If we pull the
>rollup
>off a server, the behavior disappears for the mailboxes on
>that
>server. Put it back and the behavior returns.
>
>I found no mention of this effect in the rollup KB
>article. Has
>anyone else seen this or read anything about it? We have
>just
>opened a PSS case but have yet to hear anything back from
>MS.
>
>Thanks for the time.
>Pete

0
rroddy (682)

Unable to open Attachments (Environment Wide)
Going to post this in the Exchange group, as I havent had any luck in the Outlook group. This may actually be a server security issue, but I am a bit lost on a solution. We recently migrated to Office XP at our corporate office. Since the upgrade, I am having several complaints of attachments not openning. After researching the issue, it appears be random and the current solution is to forward the message to the receiver, and then launch the attachment. The attachments are not blocked and are simple Word, Excel and PDF files. The user receives no error. Double clicking the attachmen...

Outlook Won't Send Attachments #2
I recently reformatted my HD and reinstalled all my programs. Everything seems to work just fine, except that attachments in Outlook messages do not seem to get sent. I'm running Symantec AV, but this happens even with the AV software turned off. I've downloaded all the MS updates, both for Office and the OS. I checked with my ISP and they see the messages come through without the attachments. Any ideas? Win XP Pro Office XP Symantec Internet Security / NAV 9.05.15 Thanks in advance for your help. Vic Napier I a, having the same problems. The only difference is that I am...

OWA Question #7
Ok I am switching from OWA on Exchange 5.5 to OWA Exchange 2003. I got OWA to work correctly. I just have one question. Some of my Users have there Bookmarks pointing to https://servername/exchange/logon.asp But they get a 404 error pages doesn't exist. Where does Exchange 2003 look for this file so I can put a page redirect so they go to the correct address. Any help would be great. Thank you, Kyle Kyle D, In exchange 2003 with forms based authentication it would be Https://Server/Exchweb/bin/auth/owalogon.asp this points to (in a default install) C:\program files\ex...

Attachments are named untitled.bin
Hi there All of a sudden email attachments are renamed "UNTITLED.BIN" on my workstation. If I forward the email to another workstation, the attachments e.g. "MICHAEL.XLS" appears normally. Can anyone help? Thanks Michael ...

attaching documents
what is the best way to attach letters to contacts or customers. The letters will be created in word using maail-merge, but there does not seem any easy way to attach the letter to the client. -- Ken Linton Hello Ken, a possible way is to use WordMailMerge Add-On which gives you the possibility to create with a button in MS Word a MS CRM letter activity and attaches the actual document as note to this activity. Additionally the WordMailMerge Add-ON gives you the ability to use custom fields and custom entitis for merging letters with MS CRM Data. If you are interested you could downlo...

Outlook attachments #39
Suddenly I cannot open some attachments in Outlook 2000. Specifically .jpg files. It says "C:\ Document & settings\..........\ Temp Internet files\OLKA9\ 008.jpg does not have a program associated with it for this action. Where on earth is the OLKA9 directory? A search does not show it at all, even allowing it to search Hidden files. I am running WinXP Pro. Any help much appreciated. Geoff It's a temporary folder. Try right clicking on the attachment and save to a real folder that you can find. Then open it. Is your picture editor working OK? Maybe your jpg have be...

Outlook hangs opening mail with Attachments
I have a client rinning Outlook 2003 & Exchange Server 2000. When she tries to open an email with an attachment it takes around 10 to 15 seconds to open. All other email opens just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated! ...

OWA 2003 NEW MAIL Popup
Does anyone know how to tweak the settings for this popup? I need it stay on until it is clicked or the email is read. I am assuming that this is a javascript somewher in the echangeweb folder. I have tried to sniff all of the traffic created by owa and eevery two minutes my machine polls the server for new mail. I am not sure through htis traffic how the popup is being generated. Any help/guidance would be appreciated. ...

windows mail- vista, error with downloading attachments
When i click on the attachment it asks for my approval and then i click open. Then an error appears which at the frame of the window(above) says C:/Users...temporaryinternetfiles... ,and below an X with a message saying: This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the set associations control panel . What do i have to do? Regards, Antonis You have to, "Create an association in the set associations control panel." Go to Start - Default Programs - "Associate a File Type or Protocol with a Program&q...

OWA
Here's a weird one. I'm the Admin for the server at our company. I test OWA from home. I first tried to log in to all accounts. Worked fine. All of a sudden (within the next few days) I tried to log in under my acct...it works, BUT every other user that I try to log in as I get a error 401 Unauthorized User. But this is the weird part... if I use another browser (Netscape, Firefox) I can log in fine...under ANY user...just not when using IE. Any suggestions? The only thing that I did on the local side was install the OWA security S/MIME thing. This wouldn't have anything t...

Word as email editor and attachment problem
Using Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server 2000. I have a custom form published to a public folder and all is well, except for those users that have Outlook set to use Word as the e-mail editor.. They can see and use the form fine except for one thing...they can't open attachements. The attachment icon is there, but if they right-click on the icon, the only menu choice is copy. Double-click does nothing as well. If they switch the Outlook mail format to NOT use Word, attachments work fine again. Does anyone know the fix for this? Thanks in advance!!! Tyler ...

Can Not Send Large Attachment? Maybe? Maybe Not?
When sending large files to Yahoo or other external mailboxes I receive the following error message: #550 5.2.3 RESOLVER.RST.RecipSizeLimit; message too large for this recipient ## My understanding is that this message was rejected by the receiving mailbox - not kicked back from my exchange 2007 server. I'm being told by someone else that is getting kicked by my own exchange server? My understanding is that if it were getting kicked back by my own exchange server because the attachment was too large I would receive: 550 5.3.4 ROUTING.SizeLimit message size exceeds...

Public Calendar Attachments in OWA
In OWA my clients can add attachments to their personal calendar, but they cannot add attachments to the public calendar. This is only in OWA. Any suggestions on what I might need to change? ...

cannot attach files using OWA
Ever since we have upgraded to Exchange 2000 we cannot attach files larger than 6K from NT machines (with IE6) using Outlook Web Access. Try posting this to an Exchange group as Outlook Web Access is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, J Johnson asked: | Ever since we have upgraded to Exchange 2000 we cannot | attach...

I got 'forbidden' popup message OWA.
I got 'forbidden' popup message when sending, replying emails using OWA. Please help! Also any configuration change gives me a also "Denied" Help please! Are you using a pop-up blocker on your workstation? On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 14:43:50 -0700, "TJC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I got 'forbidden' popup message when sending, replying >emails using OWA. Please help! Also any configuration >change gives me a also "Denied" Help please! No pop-up blocker and this is for all my 50 account users. Very strange becau...

OWA not showing all email?
hello everyone, i posted a while back (but i think it slid to back pages) asking a question about a user who has outlook 2003 in the office and hooks up via OWA at home. recently it's become clear that not all of her messages are showing in OWA, yet they all show up when she reconnects on the office LAN. any advice on that? we are running exchange server 2003. in that vein, we would like to set her up with outlook 2003 accessing the exchange server from out of the office but are not sure how to go about doing that ... any tips on where to get started with that would be great...

OWA + more than 8 letters alias name
Recently I have experienced that users whoes email account has more than 8 letters have problem using OWA with error message of "HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden". Users with less or equal to 8 letters have no problem at all. My server is Exchange 2003 (native mode). Much appreciated! ...

Attachments #82
My Outlook 2002 has decided to stop me from sending e mails with attachments of any sort. Any ideas? ...

Major Problem with OWA
Hi NG! I got a W2K3 machine with E2K3 SP1 in a W2K3 domain. I'm using SSL. OWA works fine internally, both with Windows integrated security and form based security. Externally fromm based is working, but standard authentification gives a server or dns can't be found error. Basically I want to use form based authentification. I just have other errors and I hope that this is connected to it. We have SSL enforced on the exchange, public and exchweb. We redirect http request to https, using the the resp. error page. The first time I saw that something was wrong, was when I wanted to...

Public Folders and OWA #2
I am running a Exchange 2003 server on Windows 2000. When I tried to access the public folders from OWA, I got an error. I then went to the Exchange server and checked the path for the Virtual Directory for Public . It stated that this was an invalid path. The path syntax looks okay; it is \\.\BackOfficeStorage\NETBOIS DOMAIN NAME\Public Folders, but it will not take this as a valid path. Is there something I can do to recreate this structure? ...

message blocking attachments
I am receiving a message when I have attachments that OE has removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail. This is from a sender that I know and an attachment that I have requested be sent to me. How do I access these attachments. "LT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93aa01c43393$591935d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am receiving a message when I have attachments that OE > has removed access to the following unsafe attachments in > your mail. This is from a sender that I know and an > attachment that I have requested...

Option to print attachment icon
I have a problem where some of our clients are able to print a mail that prints out the icon if the mail has a attachment. However some people have attachments, but when they print it does not show the attachment icon on the print out. Any ideas ...

OWA 2003 logon issue
We are now facing the OWA logon issue, the following are the infomation. Environment: Exchange 2003 using as Front-end / Back-end deployment, FE is working as load balancing Symptoms: There are 2 machines, Machine1 and Machine2 There are 2 users, UserA and UserB For UserA logon to Machine1, when he try to logon to OWA, after input the credential, the frame had been loaded but no content inside. Then the credential window keeping prompt up,it is no use to input the credential again and again. UserA then cancel the prompt or click the "ESC" button, the data can be display finall...

OWA can't hyperlink
Hello: Using Outlook Web Access (to a Win 2003 Exchange server), anytime a user clicks on a hyperlink in an email the server tries to redirect them to an internal page. For example if the hyperlink was to http://www.FOO.COM then the server would send them to: http://mail.acme.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.FOO.COM/ and prompt them with a login request. Anyidea how to fix this? Thanks. Set proper permissions on redir.asp Paul <no@spam4me.com> wrote in message news:ri3940tltfcq02trkc862shehn50oaiul0@4ax.com... > Hello: > > Using Outlook Web Access (to a...

OMA\Active-Sync\OWA and ISA 2004
Currently I am running Exchange Ver 6.5 (Build 7638.2 SP2). I have OWA working externally using SSL-to-SSL on my ISA 2004 firewall. This was configured according articles on MS and isaserver.org. I have OWA-Forms based authentication set on the firewall. I need to get a Treo 650 working remotely through the ISA firewall. The device will sync up just fine internally. Any ideas on how I should get the device to work externally would be greatly appreciated. ...