RFR Interface Errors HELP!

Help!  I keep getting the following errors on our Exchange 2k3 server.
It's running on a Win2k3 DC that is also a Global Catalog server.  It's
been in this configuration since Exchange 2k3 was released.  Suddenly,
I'm getting these odd errors:

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeSA
Event Category:	RFR Interface
Event ID:	9143
Date:		4/19/2006
Time:		7:15:17 AM
User:		N/A
Computer:	SERVER_NAME_HERE
Referral Interface cannot contact any Global Catalog that supports the
NSPI Service. Clients making RFR requests will fail to connect until a
Global Catalog becomes available again. After a Domain Controller is
promoted to a Global Catalog, it must be rebooted to support MAPI
Clients.

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeSA
Event Category:	RFR Interface
Event ID:	9074
Date:		4/19/2006
Time:		7:17:22 AM
User:		N/A
Computer:	SERVER_NAME_HERE
The Directory Service Referral interface failed to service a client
request. RFRI is returning the error code:[0x3f0].

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeSA
Event Category:	RFR Interface
Event ID:	9143
Date:		4/19/2006
Time:		7:34:43 AM
User:		N/A
Computer:	SERVER_NAME_HERE
Referral Interface cannot contact any Global Catalog that supports the
NSPI Service. Clients making RFR requests will fail to connect until a
Global Catalog becomes available again. After a Domain Controller is
promoted to a Global Catalog, it must be rebooted to support MAPI
Clients.

Are you certain that nothing has changed? Are clients having any access
issues?

Nue
<troy.bruder@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Help!  I keep getting the following errors on our Exchange 2k3 server.
> It's running on a Win2k3 DC that is also a Global Catalog server.  It's
> been in this configuration since Exchange 2k3 was released.  Suddenly,
> I'm getting these odd errors:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeSA
> Event Category: RFR Interface
> Event ID: 9143
> Date: 4/19/2006
> Time: 7:15:17 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: SERVER_NAME_HERE
> Referral Interface cannot contact any Global Catalog that supports the
> NSPI Service. Clients making RFR requests will fail to connect until a
> Global Catalog becomes available again. After a Domain Controller is
> promoted to a Global Catalog, it must be rebooted to support MAPI
> Clients.
>

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeSA
> Event Category: RFR Interface
> Event ID: 9074
> Date: 4/19/2006
> Time: 7:17:22 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: SERVER_NAME_HERE
> The Directory Service Referral interface failed to service a client
> request. RFRI is returning the error code:[0x3f0].
>

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeSA
> Event Category: RFR Interface
> Event ID: 9143
> Date: 4/19/2006
> Time: 7:34:43 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: SERVER_NAME_HERE
> Referral Interface cannot contact any Global Catalog that supports the
> NSPI Service. Clients making RFR requests will fail to connect until a
> Global Catalog becomes available again. After a Domain Controller is
> promoted to a Global Catalog, it must be rebooted to support MAPI
> Clients.

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/19/2006 10:17:05 PM
We suddenly need to reboot that server every morning before any clients
can connect.  After that, they work all day.??

Looking at the Directory Access tab of your Exchange server are the DC/GC
correctly identified. They should be pointing to the Exchange server itself.

> We suddenly need to reboot that server every morning before any clients
> can connect.  After that, they work all day.??

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/19/2006 10:46:53 PM
It WAS setup for "auto detect".  I turned that off, and hard coded in
DC's and GCAT's..  I still have the problem even after multiple reboots.

Have you considered turning on auto detect again to see if that works?

> It WAS setup for "auto detect".  I turned that off, and hard coded in
> DC's and GCAT's..  I still have the problem even after multiple reboots.

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/19/2006 11:12:56 PM
On 19 Apr 2006 14:54:07 -0700, troy.bruder@gmail.com wrote:

>Help!  I keep getting the following errors on our Exchange 2k3 server.
>It's running on a Win2k3 DC that is also a Global Catalog server.  It's
>been in this configuration since Exchange 2k3 was released.  Suddenly,
>I'm getting these odd errors:

Uncheck the checkbox that enables it as a GC and apply. Check the
event logs to see that its no logner a GC. ( Under the Directory
Service logs - Event 1120)
Recheck that box and make it a Global Catalog again. Check the event
logs and it should say when it is. Event 1119, after about 5 minutes.

>Event Type:	Error
>Event Source:	MSExchangeSA
>Event Category:	RFR Interface
>Event ID:	9143
>Date:		4/19/2006
>Time:		7:15:17 AM
>User:		N/A
>Computer:	SERVER_NAME_HERE
>Referral Interface cannot contact any Global Catalog that supports the
>NSPI Service. Clients making RFR requests will fail to connect until a
>Global Catalog becomes available again. After a Domain Controller is
>promoted to a Global Catalog, it must be rebooted to support MAPI
>Clients.
>

>Event Type:	Error
>Event Source:	MSExchangeSA
>Event Category:	RFR Interface
>Event ID:	9074
>Date:		4/19/2006
>Time:		7:17:22 AM
>User:		N/A
>Computer:	SERVER_NAME_HERE
>The Directory Service Referral interface failed to service a client
>request. RFRI is returning the error code:[0x3f0].
>

>Event Type:	Error
>Event Source:	MSExchangeSA
>Event Category:	RFR Interface
>Event ID:	9143
>Date:		4/19/2006
>Time:		7:34:43 AM
>User:		N/A
>Computer:	SERVER_NAME_HERE
>Referral Interface cannot contact any Global Catalog that supports the
>NSPI Service. Clients making RFR requests will fail to connect until a
>Global Catalog becomes available again. After a Domain Controller is
>promoted to a Global Catalog, it must be rebooted to support MAPI
>Clients.
0
adavid (8731)
4/19/2006 11:32:37 PM
I just did, and will reboot it in a few minutes.  The 'proper' servers
are detected in auto mode...

I did that GC "shuffle" before and that didn't help...  Now I have the
same errors, plus some NEW ones that scare me even more:

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeSA
Event Category:	MAPI Session
Event ID:	9175
Date:		4/19/2006
Time:		7:41:40 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	XXXXXXX
The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available.  Either there
are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down
for maintenance.
The MAPI provider failed.
Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000

On 19 Apr 2006 16:56:06 -0700, troy.bruder@gmail.com wrote:

>I did that GC "shuffle" before and that didn't help...  Now I have the
>same errors, plus some NEW ones that scare me even more:
>
>Event Type:	Error
>Event Source:	MSExchangeSA
>Event Category:	MAPI Session
>Event ID:	9175
>Date:		4/19/2006
>Time:		7:41:40 PM
>User:		N/A
>Computer:	XXXXXXX
>The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
>The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available.  Either there
>are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down
>for maintenance.
>The MAPI provider failed.
>Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
>ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000

Exch Services started?
Stores mounted?
0
adavid (8731)
4/20/2006 12:27:44 AM
Yep.  Seems to run, but every morning users cannot connect via Outlook.
 so we reboot the server, then it's fine again until the next morning..

On 19 Apr 2006 17:52:28 -0700, troy.bruder@gmail.com wrote:

>Yep.  Seems to run, but every morning users cannot connect via Outlook.
> so we reboot the server, then it's fine again until the next morning..

Are you at Exchange 2003 Sp2?
Have you run Exbpa against the server?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=dbab201f-4bee-4943-ac22-e2ddbd258df3&DisplayLang=en

0
adavid (8731)
4/20/2006 1:10:46 AM
On 19 Apr 2006 17:52:28 -0700, troy.bruder@gmail.com wrote:

>Yep.  Seems to run, but every morning users cannot connect via Outlook.
> so we reboot the server, then it's fine again until the next morning..

Oh and ensure you have all the latest hotfixes and security patches
for Windows as well.
0
adavid (8731)
4/20/2006 1:12:03 AM
Using the Exbpa tool, which I've run in the past, I get this:

Permissions Check:
One server is reporting "Permission Inheritance block on Exchange
server object".  But that's NOT on the machine generating errors.

Health Check:
When I run the Exbpa from the server having errors, the Exbpa tells me
it cannot contact any of the other exchange servers?!?!  When I run it
from one of our "Admin console" servers, it runs just fine and tells me
about a "Volume shadow copy service update" for the machine in
question.

I've run dcdiag and netdiag against the Exchange server that's
generating errors, and everything is checking out fine...  I'm pulling
my hair out!

On 19 Apr 2006 18:46:18 -0700, troy.bruder@gmail.com wrote:

>Using the Exbpa tool, which I've run in the past, I get this:
>
>Permissions Check:
>One server is reporting "Permission Inheritance block on Exchange
>server object".  But that's NOT on the machine generating errors.

Fix that!

>Health Check:
>When I run the Exbpa from the server having errors, the Exbpa tells me
>it cannot contact any of the other exchange servers?!?!  When I run it
>from one of our "Admin console" servers, it runs just fine and tells me
>about a "Volume shadow copy service update" for the machine in
>question.

You should run it from a workstation, I wouldnt install it on a
server.

>I've run dcdiag and netdiag against the Exchange server that's
>generating errors, and everything is checking out fine...  I'm pulling
>my hair out!

Call PSS.
0
adavid (8731)
4/20/2006 1:01:07 PM
Yes.

tallying combo box selections.... nightmare! please help!
I have a table that has combo boxes to select activities carried out during a session. Each group of activities has a maximum number that be carried out per visit i.e. you can have a maxmimum of 3 assessments carried out as well as a maximum of 2 interventions and 4 written tests etc. etc. There are MANY of these groups of activities. Each participant has records for up to 16 weeks so to get around the field number limitations in access, a new row is created for each ‘week’ of participation to be able to accommodate the number of activity fields that must be available for each session. ...

Address Book error with Vista
I'm installing Office 2000 (can't afford the new version) on a laptop with Vista. However when I open Outlook I get an error message that says it can't find wab.dll for the address book. I've tried reinstalling Outlook but still get same message. Anyone any ideas? Thanks Tony Version is not compatible. Well documented. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message news:u7$rGeG8HHA.5404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I'm installing Office 2000 (can't afford the new ver...

Outlook Express error on one of two identities
My hubby recieves the following error when he tries to open his Outlook mail box. An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'shawmail.vc.shawcable.net', Server: 'shawmail.vc.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C0131 I also use shaw and have no problems when I switch to my identity. Our mail server can't figure it out. Help! he's driving me mad! ...

Exchange Error 9325
Hi, I am getting this error because we start out dl's with # I can't get this policy changed from a parent company so is there anyway to stop generating these errors? ...

error bars on bar chart in Excel 2007
I would like to assign a separate error bar value to each of the data sets within my bar chart. When I use the customise error bars feature it allocates the same error bar to all of the bars in the graph. Each chart in the bar is a mean in itself, hence the requirement for individual error bars. I see from previous posts that this appeared to be possible in Excel 2003 but I don't have access to this version. If each bar represents the average of a set of numbers, then you can calculate the standard deviation (or other measure of dispersion) for this set of numbers. Put these ca...

Macro error 04-20-10
Hi I am trying to record a simple macro where if I press alt+d the location moves 7 "page down" key strokes - about 100 rows. However when I record the macro it resorts back to the line number that my macro originally ended up at 7 keystrokes from the top., even if I am 1500 lines down. How can I resolve this? With thanks Stephen Hi, I'm a bit dubious of statements like > moves 7 "page down" key strokes - about 100 rows. particularly in relation to code which doesn't normally deal in 'abouts', it's generally more precise ...

Publisher 2000 Publish error
Hi, I'm working with someone using Publisher 2000 who has added an FTP site and over a dial up connection tries to publish. He proceeds and then gets an error as transfer seems to be attempted: "Publisher could not save the file to the web. Please check URL or network address." He is saving as a web page and then trying to upload with appropriate credentials. I've asked that anti-virus (McAfee) and win XP firewall be off as well as a web accelerator but the error persists. I've Googled the error and have found scant information. Any help is appreciated. Try the fo...

Getting 'Purchase Order Failure' error
I am getting the following error when trying to transfer a final-approved purchase request into a PO: Purchase Order Failure One or more business logic errors have occured. Please correct the errors to continue. Message The enum Microsoft.Dynamics.Payables.FreeOnBoard does not contain the value 0. Parameter name: FreeOnBoard Actual value was 0. ************************************** The message "The enum Microsoft..." appears 3 times in the dialogue. I am trying to transfer 4 line items. Has anyone ever gotten these errors? I am using Business Portal 2.5 with Great Plains 8...

Adding help files to an application
I have written an MFC application and now they want me to add a help system (pretty demanding, aren't they?). After looking around, it appears that the right way is to check the "Context Help" box in the Application Wizard when first creating the application and it adds the help support. Now that the application is already written, I'm trying to figure out how to add this capability after the fact. I can add my own callbacks, and toolbar icons, but I can't figure out how to add the actual help support so that it compiles the .hlp files. Is there an easy way to add...

Please Help Me
I have been receiving emails alledgedly from Microsoft claiming to have the latest updates and Net patches. I am getting about 70 of these a day and they are clogging up my inbox and my server at work. They contain a virus and whilst it does not affect my Mac, this amount of unsolicited email is driving me mental. I have tried looking at the mail headers to see if I can recognise where they are coming from, but there is not a common source, and every one seems to be coming from somewhere else. I assume that this is some sort of "spoofing", but what can I do to stop them. Any sugge...

Help with autofilling formulas
I need help autofilling a formula similar to this: a1 =c4/(b1-af1)/24 a2 =c5/(b1-af1)/24 a3 =c6/(b1-af1)/24 I would like the C to increase by 1 and the (B1-AF1)/24 to remain constant. Any help would be appreciated. Bryan -- moncara ------------------------------------------------------------------------ moncara's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35649 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=554348 In A1 put this in: =c4/($b$1-$af$1)/24 HTH -- Bearacade ---------------------------------------------------...

Run time error adding controls to form programatically
Hi, I've got some VBA that programatically adds additional optionbox controls to a userform (call this FRM_CHOOSE). The addition is actually driven by another userform (call this FRM_UPDATE) which up til now only contained optionbutton and commandbutton controls and everything has been working fine. I've now added a combobox to FRM_UPDATE however now when the script gets to the point of adding the new optionbox control to the other form it errors out with "Run-time error '-2147319767 (80028029)': Invalid forward reference, or reference to uncompiled ...

Compile Error #2
I am currently using Excel 2002. I was given a file, apparently created in Excel 2003. When I try to access the file I get the following message: Compile error: Can't find project or library The developer believes this error is coming up because 2002 doesn't have the same "libraries" as 2003 and that I need to upgrade to 2003. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help. Does the file you have been given contain VBA code? If so, then it would seem that the original creator has 'referenced' another project or library in it. To explain, when this sheet has been create...

macro help #21
please help iwant to make a macro that consists of- in Cell a1 my stock number 1541 in cell b1 my part name crisps when i enter my stock number i want my part name to appear. is this possible?? Hi Mantha, Look at vLookup in Excel help. Even better, see debra Dalgleish's tutorial at: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html --- Regards, Norman "mantha09" <mantha09@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9301063A-2473-4A6D-B8C6-1B4E4A0A35B6@microsoft.com... > please help > iwant to make a macro that consists of- > in Cell a1 my stock...

primary key error during publishing
during publishing of anything in the deployment manager an error messages appears. The event viewer gives a description" violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_StringMap'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'StringMap'. What can be the reason and how to solve this problem? Regards, Marc Ouch...sounds like there's bad data in your schema. All I can think of is export the schema, and check the xml file for any picklists with duplicate values. Mike Greaterthantwo Media Printable Quotes, Orders and Invoices, with line-item details, now available for MSCRM. htt...

"Unable to find the WAB DLL" error
I am trying to troubleshoot this problem for someone using Outlook 2000. I have already found this article (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;196210), which says the file may be missing or damaged. Since the file isn't missing, I followed the directions for replacing a corrupt file (rename the file and reinstall Outlook). However, this hasn't worked. Has anyone else seen this problem and have any other suggestions to offer? It would be most appreciated. ~ GN Outlook does not use the WAB. You would need to reinstall Outlook Express to reinstall the W...

STREAM SOCKET checksum error with no returned errors on Server OR Client
Problem: A stream based socket being used to send binary data fails to deliver correct data for the 45th buffer transmitted whose size is 4092 characters. Possibly relevant Details: 0) A semaphore is used on the transmitting side to ensure that only one thread gains access to the open socket. (There are two windows messages that can generate calls to send(), and recv() in this application, but it doesn't appear that they run simultaneously anyway, so the semaphore may be overkill). 1) wsaData.iMaxUdpDg = 65467 (as returned by WSAStartup() ) Not that it should matter...

Re: Exchange System Manager Error c0070000 <1164709223.475182.251740@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com>
Have you found anything more on this, i am having the same problem. Running ESM with mmc works just fine. but the other way that error pops up but it will still let me look at the public folders. If not oh well. Thanks, Nic EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

having problems with DSMOD not ignoring errors
Hi, I am trying to remove all users in a specific OU from a group. The command that I am giving is below dsquery user "ou=TestOU,dc=domainname,dc=com" -limit 10000 | dsmod group "CN=Test_Group,ou=Groups,dc=domainname,dc=com" -rmmbr -c From what I understand, the -c tells dsmod to ignore errors and continue. But this is not happening. It stops as soon as it comes across someone that is already not a member of the group. What am I doing wrong? On a side note it would be REALLY nice if when looking at group membership that I can sort on the Active Dire...

Access will report error and shutdown when attempting to view a re
Cannot view a record in database. receive faulting application msaccess.exe, faulting module vbe6.dll in application event viewer. Source: Microsoft Office 11, Event ID: 1000. PC is Windows XP SP2 with Office 2003 and latest service packs. Rocks <Rocks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Cannot view a record in database. Is this one particular record? Using a form or table or query view? If a form is this all records or just one record. I ask because this could be a corrupt form or a corrupt record. See the Corrupt Records in a Microsoft Access MDB page at my website http...

Sharepoint and Microsoft CRM help
Has anyone used sharepoint as an external facing portal with CRM data? We are trying to create portal sites for external customers, partners and service providers using Sharepoint, however we seem to be running into a couple of issues around the architecture of this. We need to do something similiar to the e-service accelerator however this needs to be done with SharePoint. Thanks in advance Hi: yes you can certainly do this, it just requires building out the SharePoint sites. If you're running MOSS you might also want to take a look at InfoPath and Forms Services... John. "...

Custom context-sensitive help
Hi, I try to make help pages for a custom entity. This works well for conceptual topics (ug_*.htm) and procedural topics (how_*.htm). I placed the new files in a subdirectory of Help\PRO\contents and added them to the table of contents, all as documented in the SDK. I used the corresponding help files of the account entity as template, only changing the title and some text. When I try to do the same thing for context-sensitive help pages I find that: 1. the links to external references are not working (style is missing, scripts do not work) 2. the help file for the form does not work a...

HELP: Add logic to what Voting buttons do
Hi All, Is it possible to add logic to what Voting Buttons do? For eg, If i select "Reject" on voting button I want a new message window to popup with some text already in the new message window and the "To" field to be populated Is this possible? Thanks in advance. Yes, that's possible IF your form is for internal use only and can be published to the Organizational Forms library on your company's Exchange Server. Just write code for the form's Item_CustomAction event handler. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 20...

Need help with old Exchange 5.5
I have an old server with Exchange 5.5 on it. The server contains mailboxes in its information store that i need to get off of that server and into my current Exchange 2000 server. The big issue is that the old server is attached to an old domain that does not exist anymore. The only way that i can even get into the server is by local administrator. Is there a way that i can convert the information store into some kind of format that i can then use on my current Exchange 2000 server? you can use Exmerge to export the mailboxes and use Outlook to copy the public folders to a PST, th...

Help Programming an XY scatter Chart #2
I have a user form that inputs data onto a spreadsheet. I have a command button that runs a macro that activates the sheet, selects the data, and creates the XY Scatter chart. My Problem is that I don't know how to set a loop to set each series' properties . (The number of series changes every time) Bellow is an example where I manually set the properties for three of the series. Any Ideas on how to create a loop to set all. Range("A:A,C:C,D:D").Select Range("D1").Activate Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatter ActiveChart.SetSourceData Sour...