Return email from non-exisiting mailbox

Hi,

We use Exchange server 5.5. And somebody is using a non
exisitng email address from our domain name (spamming).
Now my administrator mailbox fills up with all kinds of
returned email. Is there a way where I can have the email
returned without it bouncing in the administartor's email
box?

Txs....John
0
anonymous (74722)

"John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:48fe01c3e42a
$28f6ad00$a501280a@phx.gbl:

> We use Exchange server 5.5. And somebody is using a non
> exisitng email address from our domain name (spamming).
> Now my administrator mailbox fills up with all kinds of
> returned email. Is there a way where I can have the email
> returned without it bouncing in the administartor's email
> box?

I would think getting the NDRs would be valuable. Maybe make a mailbox
specifically for that purpose. You can also switch off some types of
NDRs if that would be an option.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

Can you explain what you mean with NDR and setting up a
seperate mailbox for that purpose?

Txs.....John

>$28f6ad00$a501280a@phx.gbl:
>
>> We use Exchange server 5.5. And somebody is using a non
>> exisitng email address from our domain name (spamming).
>> Now my administrator mailbox fills up with all kinds of
>> returned email. Is there a way where I can have the
email
>> returned without it bouncing in the administartor's
email
>> box?
>
>I would think getting the NDRs would be valuable. Maybe
make a mailbox
>specifically for that purpose. You can also switch off
some types of
>NDRs if that would be an option.
>
>Regards,
>
>--
>Arlo Clizer
>Exchange MVP
>FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
>Archives: http://groups.google.com
>.

0
anonymous (74722)
1/26/2004 5:27:33 PM
"john" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:421901c3e431
$aedee700$a101280a@phx.gbl:

> Can you explain what you mean with NDR and setting up a
> seperate mailbox for that purpose?

In Exchange Administrator you can tell where you want error messages to
go. You could creat a new mailbox called "Errors" or something of that
nature and specify that mailbox to get all of the non-delivery reports.
This would keep your admin mailbox clean. If you look in the internet
options you can also turn off non-delivery reports for certain types of
mail. This might be the thing to do temporarily until the spam stops.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP
FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
Archives: http://groups.google.com
0
aclizer1 (399)

adding a Carriage Return or Line Feed character to an update query
I'm building an update query that will concatenate two fields and update the first field with the combination of the two fields. However, I would like to separate the two components with a blank line, or two carriage return or line feed characters. In Visual Basic, I'd use vbcr&vbcr to do this. How can I do this in an update query? Thanks in advance, Paul Paul wrote: >I'm building an update query that will concatenate two fields and update the >first field with the combination of the two fields. However, I would like >to separate the two...

reply [from] email address identification
I have two email accounts that are surveyed by Outlook. One is a Pop3 account and the other is an MSN account. I have selected the Pop3 account as my default. Also, a pop-up option allowed me to receive the Pop3 email in the existing [MSN] account. So in my favorites inbox appears emails related to both accounts. If i generate a new email, the reply address [ie the sent from address] is indicated as the Pop3 address. if I reply to a Pop3 rec'd email my return address is indicated as my Pop3 address. However, if I reply to an email originally addressed to my MSN address, my reply wil...

Returning text value instead of number
The following query IIf([Subject]="holidays",[SumOfNon Chargeable],"0") provides the value of the non chargeable field which originates as a number. The query returns the correct value but returns it as text and not a number, how can I rectify this? Help please... Omit the quotes around the zero: IIf([Subject]="holidays", [SumOfNon Chargeable], 0) Access sees the quotes, and assumes that it is Text. If that doesn't fix it, you need to dig deeper into how [SumOfNon Chargeable] is generated. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Austra...

Different mailbox sizes
I have a question regarding Exchange 2000 System Manager. When I list mailbox sizes from ESM I can see a user's mailbox sizing over 7gb. If I control the size using Outlook I get the same mailbox with a 3,2gb size. Mailbox maintenance services are running every night, and removal policy for deleted messages is set to 0 (immediate remove). Which size is correct? What is missing? Is there something lost in the db? Thanks in advance. Max ...

Display name that Email recipients see: No longer works
I use Outlook 2003 in XP Home SP2 to read my email Some strange things have been happening recently The latest is my display name that email recipients see Recently, my name no longer displays. Yet it had been able to display in the past 3 years I have also read and implemented http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/assistance/HA011507601033.aspx Assistance appreciated Explain what you did and what didn't work. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Crocodile Hardy" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%230LQWhJHFHA.3536@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I use Outlook 2003 in...

Workflow - Email Template
How do I change the email template to show the email coming from a different user other than the record owner. We would like to use Queue or other user email addresses? Any help would be greatly appreciated. B. use email form to reconstruct the content of the email template and change the from field. you should be able to insert slugs etc in the email form. For email templates the from field is locked to the owner. ...

Migrating Mailboxes from 2003 back to 5.5
Is there an simple way to migrate a mailbox that is on Exchange 2003 to Exchange 5.5? I know about using exmerge but I was wondering if there were any other tools that we can use. any particular reason you want/need to do this? I've never done it, but I'm sure you can do it in ADUC if the servers are both in the same AG... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Sid" <Sid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B14BE61A-C576-4EA9-A3F8-3F28391AB091@microsoft.com... > Is there an simple way to migrate a mailbox that is on Exchange 2003 to > Exchange 5.5? I know ab...

Recieving Emails in Public Folders
Is there a way to get copies of all incoming and/or outgoing emails in a public folder ? I basically need to be able to monitor all company-wide email by having it in a public folder that only I could access. Make a new mailbox to hold all the messages. In ESM, right click on your mailbox store. General tab. Tick Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store. Pick the mailbox. Neal "Mourad" <Mourad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47D0316F-3D55-46DE-B205-0728D4D1BCC5@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to get copies of all incomi...

FWD and Exchange 2003 Users email to external POP3 account?
Would someone be kind enough to outline the steps required to automatically fwd an Exchange 2003 Mailbox to an external POP3 account (Crackberry). This user only has OWA so creating an Outlook rule won't work. You can do this without an Outlook rule by creating a Contact with the external email address as the targetAddress, and forward the user's email to the Contact from user properties | Delivery Options. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Rick S." <Rick ...

how do I set up a default email program to send docs?
When I try to Send a document from Word I get a message that i need to set up an email program in Default Programs. How do I do this? Open Internet Explorer Tools | Internet Options | Programs tab | Set Programs -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "djrobison22" <djrobison22@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B89ECE1-7294-4B66-93A7-4113CDC55A8F@microsoft.com... > When I try to Send a document from Word I get a message that i need to set > up > an email program ...

Import/Merge PST file into existing mailbox
What is the best way to merge messages, calendar, etc. into an existing Exchange mailbox? I need to do this preserving the existing mailbox data hopefully without getting duplicates? Thanks for help! On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:48:13 -0800, Neilrahc <Neilrahc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What is the best way to merge messages, calendar, etc. into an existing >Exchange mailbox? I need to do this preserving the existing mailbox data >hopefully without getting duplicates? > >Thanks for help! > Exmerge. There is an option to not create duplicates based upon mess...

Sending HTML email to none HTML recipients
I am in the process of producing a HTML mailshot email to customers that I propose to do in Publisher and send via Outlook. What would happen if the customer cannot accept HTML emails? Is there functionality to convert the message to a format they could receive? -- Dave Not really they would have to know what to do with the html. This is big drawback when sending out html newsletter via email. You may want to consider sending as a pdf. "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AE20C75-1239-4B84-A82C-0E92252371F0@microsoft.com... |I am in the pro...

Can I delete an email file from M:?
Is it possible to delete a file/folder from the M: drive directly? Will exchange be able to track the changes? Thanks for the help ahead of time. That is not a good idea�I Strong recomend you do not directly access Exchagne IFS(M:) -- Jammy "ctrlgrid" <jkit001@yahoo.com> ���g��l��s�D :4f9d64d8.0410252347.662bbc48@posting.google.com... > Is it possible to delete a file/folder from the M: drive directly? > Will exchange be able to track the changes? > > Thanks for the help ahead of time. It is possible to do so. Not sure what you mean by will Exchange track ...

Outlook 2002 won't send email
Emails are not sending. They just stay in the outbox. Everything is configured correctly as far as I can tell. Any suggestions? ...

Outlook 2007 Can't receive email messages
I am not able to receive emails through my pop3 account, I can only send. I keep getting the enter your password pop up window. Please help, thank you. Julio wrote: > I am not able to receive emails through my pop3 account, I can only send. I > keep getting the enter your password pop up window. Please help, thank you. Have you tried using the same login credentials recorded or used in Outlook when using the webmail interface to your e-mail account? Using the webmail client will let you know if the login credentials are correct and haven't been changed. If the logi...

Send and email message without my name showing in sent from field
I want to send a legislative elert to people on behalf of our client. The individuals have asked to be updated on legislative alerts, but if they see my name, they may not open the message because they do not know who I am. Can I send a message without having my name show up in the sent from field and perhaps have the clients name show instead. Note the client does not have their own email address. Any help out there? Paho@richardsonrichter.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to send a legislative elert to people on behalf of > our client. The i...

Email Monitoring
Our network issues involving Exchange 2003 have led our management to a desire monitor emails. We don't have the space for journaling so we desire to be able to view messages in a user's mailbox without making another copy. We had this capability before we migrated from Sendmail on Linux. We could open, view and delete individual email messages from individual users' mailboxes. Is Exchange 2003 limited in this capacity? We can't seem to find any documentation or knowledge base articles that address this. Please advise. Kevin Hughes CIO Avalon Technologies. You woul...

CRM Emails Error
Hi to all I configured crm 4.0,email router,i go these error, #26234 - The E-mail Router service could not process a provider work item using assembly: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailProviders.dll and class: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.Pop3PollingMailboxProvider. Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.EmailException: An error occurred while executing POP3 command "QUIT". The server response was: "". at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.Pop3Client.ValidateLine (String receivedLine, String command, Boolean hideCommand) at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.P...

Email Router?
Does uninstalling E-mail Router leave any residual components on the Exchange Server, or does MS CRM uninstall cleanly? Mervin Williams it uninstalls cleanly. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:00:19 -0600, "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> wrote: Does uninstalling E-mail Router leave any residual components on the Exchange Server, or does MS CRM uninstall cleanly? Mervin Williams ...

Duplicate emails #35
Why is outlook producing duplicate e mail messages. I thought this was an error on someone else part, but after sending myself test messages I find that outlook actually produces TWO of the same e mail messages...Why??? How do I stop this? Thanks Stop your Anti-virus from scanning incoming and outgoing mail. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, heshie75v asked: | Why is outlook producing ...

Can't get email via workflow
All, First, yes I am a newbie...please have pity on my ignorant soul. I am the CRM administrator for our implementation of 3.0. I have never used CRM before, I got the job by drawing the short straw. My problem...I have created a workflow which I assumed was simple in nature. Send myself an email when I create a case. However, after 2 hours and several gyrations that would have broken Elvis' pelvis, it still did not work. On a hunch, I figured maybe I cannot send myself emails via workflow, even though that sounded absolutely ludicrous. Even MicroSoft would not create a prod...

New email notification and unread mail
System: XP/Outlook 2003 I have about 20 rules that redirect my incoming mail into my subfolders. I’ve set up a rule that displays a new mail desktop alert no matter what. Now, I would like to have an envelope in the system tray if there is still anything unread – just like in the old version (I think OE works the same way). Is it possible? Anyone? Should I just not file messages before I read them? "Stan Q." wrote: > System: XP/Outlook 2003 > I have about 20 rules that redirect my incoming mail into my subfolders. > I’ve set up a rule that displays a new mail des...

Deleteing Email
I'm using Outlook 2003. My Outlook is deleting my emails after they are three months old. I checked the auto archived and it is not turned on. The emails are being downloaded to my hard drive, and not setting out on the mail server. What setting do I need to change so that my emails are never automatically deleted? Jeff wrote: > I'm using Outlook 2003. > > My Outlook is deleting my emails after they are three months old. I checked > the auto archived and it is not turned on. The emails are being downloaded > to my hard drive, and not setting out on the mail...

External email for Administrator
I have no need for an external SMTP address for the administrators account. So I create a fakeadmin@fakedomain.com and set that as the primary SMTP address. I then remove the administrator@mydomain.com. Problem is SBS appears to want this in there. It will recreate administrator@mydomain.com and set it as the primary seconds after I make the change and apply the changes. What gives? Allen: There is a recipient policy that is running and reapplying the email address to your admin account. If you don't require a mailbox for the admin account, you can remove it (the mailbox that ...

Moving mailboxes #3
Hi all, I am planning to move some mailboxes from my existing exchange 2003 to another exchange 2003 server which is on another domain. there is a trusted relationship between two domains, is there anything i should be aware of when moving these mailboxes? can i achieve this by using the standard mailboxes migration tool from exchange 2003? Cheers Hi another question Does it make any different if we are using Mixed mode or native mode with windows 2003 DC? because all of our domain are using windows 2003 OS as well as Exchange 2003 server. Cheers >-----Original Message----- ...