Retreiving data issues

Dear Experts,

I have several sites with Exchange 2003 and Office 2003 clients. 3 sites 
have a problem that outlook is retreiving data. this mostly happens when the 
user isn't using outlook for several minutes.

This problem is very annoying, because outlook is not responding.:-(

can anyone help?

thanks

kind regards,

Evert 


0
evert1 (8)
6/22/2005 10:46:43 AM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

7 Replies
248 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 15

All the users are able to access their e-mails through Outlook Web Access?

Regards,
Steven

"E. van Zanten" wrote:

> Dear Experts,
> 
> I have several sites with Exchange 2003 and Office 2003 clients. 3 sites 
> have a problem that outlook is retreiving data. this mostly happens when the 
> user isn't using outlook for several minutes.
> 
> This problem is very annoying, because outlook is not responding.:-(
> 
> can anyone help?
> 
> thanks
> 
> kind regards,
> 
> Evert 
> 
> 
> 
0
Steven (151)
6/22/2005 12:02:02 PM
yes, all the users are able to do that.

regards,

Evert


"steven" <steven@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht 
news:2985CEEE-AB7C-4FED-81FD-4B5DDEA327A0@microsoft.com...
> All the users are able to access their e-mails through Outlook Web Access?
>
> Regards,
> Steven
>
> "E. van Zanten" wrote:
>
>> Dear Experts,
>>
>> I have several sites with Exchange 2003 and Office 2003 clients. 3 sites
>> have a problem that outlook is retreiving data. this mostly happens when 
>> the
>> user isn't using outlook for several minutes.
>>
>> This problem is very annoying, because outlook is not responding.:-(
>>
>> can anyone help?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> kind regards,
>>
>> Evert
>>
>>
>> 


0
evert1 (8)
6/22/2005 1:36:45 PM
Unfortuanetely, this problem is not an easy thing to fix as there are many 
variables involved.  Have a look at 
http://blogs.technet.com/exchange/search.aspx?q=requesting&p=1 for basic 
troubleshooting steps.  Also there is a webcast on this issue coming up next 
week that you might want to attend.  See 
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=899618 for that.

Good luck!

"E. van Zanten" wrote:

> yes, all the users are able to do that.
> 
> regards,
> 
> Evert
> 
> 
> "steven" <steven@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht 
> news:2985CEEE-AB7C-4FED-81FD-4B5DDEA327A0@microsoft.com...
> > All the users are able to access their e-mails through Outlook Web Access?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Steven
> >
> > "E. van Zanten" wrote:
> >
> >> Dear Experts,
> >>
> >> I have several sites with Exchange 2003 and Office 2003 clients. 3 sites
> >> have a problem that outlook is retreiving data. this mostly happens when 
> >> the
> >> user isn't using outlook for several minutes.
> >>
> >> This problem is very annoying, because outlook is not responding.:-(
> >>
> >> can anyone help?
> >>
> >> thanks
> >>
> >> kind regards,
> >>
> >> Evert
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
SilverICE (243)
6/22/2005 2:00:10 PM
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:46:43 +0200, "E. van Zanten"
<evert@reverzed.net_nospam> wrote:

>Dear Experts,
>
>I have several sites with Exchange 2003 and Office 2003 clients. 3 sites 
>have a problem that outlook is retreiving data. this mostly happens when the 
>user isn't using outlook for several minutes.
>
>This problem is very annoying, because outlook is not responding.:-(
>
>can anyone help?
>
>thanks
>
>kind regards,
>
>Evert 
>
Do all those sites have their own GCs?
Are you in Cached mode or direct mode?
Is it something as daft as the workstation going to sleep and knocking
the nic out for a moment?
0
mark7219 (5666)
6/22/2005 2:55:49 PM
The server is global catalog. I have this issue on a site with only 1 server 
installed. Nothing special.
outlook is in direct mode, but we even switched it to cached mode. without 
results.

the users are working on their pc's. while working, they switch to outlook, 
click a folder (such as inbox or contacts) and outlook gives a message.. 
retrieving data....
Outlook hangs for a minute.

this is what happens.

gr.

Evert

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> schreef in bericht 
news:ktuib1hebe245unrfm0ecgnepfueqmru8q@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:46:43 +0200, "E. van Zanten"
> <evert@reverzed.net_nospam> wrote:
>
>>Dear Experts,
>>
>>I have several sites with Exchange 2003 and Office 2003 clients. 3 sites
>>have a problem that outlook is retreiving data. this mostly happens when 
>>the
>>user isn't using outlook for several minutes.
>>
>>This problem is very annoying, because outlook is not responding.:-(
>>
>>can anyone help?
>>
>>thanks
>>
>>kind regards,
>>
>>Evert
>>
> Do all those sites have their own GCs?
> Are you in Cached mode or direct mode?
> Is it something as daft as the workstation going to sleep and knocking
> the nic out for a moment? 


0
evert1 (8)
6/22/2005 3:08:55 PM
E. van Zanten wrote:
> The server is global catalog. I have this issue on a site with only 1 server 
> installed. Nothing special.
> outlook is in direct mode, but we even switched it to cached mode. without 
> results.
> 
> the users are working on their pc's. while working, they switch to outlook, 
> click a folder (such as inbox or contacts) and outlook gives a message.. 
> retrieving data....
> Outlook hangs for a minute.
> 
> this is what happens.
> 
> gr.
> 
> Evert
> 
I had something similar when trying to access exchange over VPN. It 
turned out to be to do with DNS and putting a manual search order with 
the domain of the exchange server in it fixed it...


> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> schreef in bericht 
> news:ktuib1hebe245unrfm0ecgnepfueqmru8q@4ax.com...
> 
>>On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:46:43 +0200, "E. van Zanten"
>><evert@reverzed.net_nospam> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Dear Experts,
>>>
>>>I have several sites with Exchange 2003 and Office 2003 clients. 3 sites
>>>have a problem that outlook is retreiving data. this mostly happens when 
>>>the
>>>user isn't using outlook for several minutes.
>>>
>>>This problem is very annoying, because outlook is not responding.:-(
>>>
>>>can anyone help?
>>>
>>>thanks
>>>
>>>kind regards,
>>>
>>>Evert
>>>
>>
>>Do all those sites have their own GCs?
>>Are you in Cached mode or direct mode?
>>Is it something as daft as the workstation going to sleep and knocking
>>the nic out for a moment? 
> 
> 
> 
0
6/23/2005 8:53:00 AM
You do need to actually select which folders you're going to cache
(i.e. have in the OST file) it doesn't actually select them all by
default.
0
mark7219 (5666)
6/23/2005 4:00:24 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Synchronize HQ data from SO
I curretly have 2 stores that usually receive inventory update from HQ. However during the last few weeks I had to data entry from each RMS clients (SO). Now I want to update inventory data at HQ using worksheet. But it seems not possible, although sales data show correctly. Is there any way ? -- Many Thanks In an HQ environment all new items must be entered from HQ and sent to stores. Did you create new items at store level ? You may want to create those items in HQ and send to store. Mihir Shah Diviasoft, Inc. www.diviasoft.com "cosamo" <cosamo@discussions.microsoft.c...

Entering Data to make a list?
Is there a way that when I enter something into A1 &B1 it will fill down on a List? Like if I type apples in A1 & $12 in B1 on a certain sheet it will copy Apples and $12 , then if I type Pears & $5 it will copy to the next blank cell and so on -- Thanks in advance for your help....Bob Vance .. .. .. .. Bob I'm assuming you have this list on another sheet. This little macro will do the following: When you enter something in B1 of the first sheet, it will copy A1:B1 to the bottom of the list in Columns A & B of the second sheet. It will then clear (erase) the conte...

how to avoid closing dialog if data validation fails
I would like to validate data entered in a dialog when the OK button is clicked. If there are problems with the data I would like to avoid closing the dialog and keep it open. Can anyone suggest how this is done? Thanks for any suggestions. Ian If you dont want to close your dialog in OnOk, do not call the base class OnOK. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "ian" <ib252@n0spam.com> wrote in message news:F1nnb.26812$He4.1099447@wagner.videotron.net... | I would like to validate data entered in a dialog when the OK button is | clicked. If there are problem...

Push data to safe senders list to Outlook possible?
Is it possible to push a safe domain list to everyone's Outlook Junk Email safe senders list from Exchange (or any other method)? We are on Exchange 2003, all clients are Outlook 2003. Thanks. On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:10:29 -0800, "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to push a safe domain list to everyone's Outlook Junk Email >safe senders list from Exchange (or any other method)? We are on Exchange >2003, all clients are Outlook 2003. >Thanks. Outlook11.adm in a GPO will allow you to set the default directory clients use...

Contract Date Issue
Basically, you create a contract normally. However, when you go to add a contract line, you get a date error. Apparently, the system thinks that the contract line start and/or end dates are outside the contract start and end dates, even though the contract line defaults to the using the contract start and end dates (i.e. the dates on the line match those on the contract). I know this must be a data type issue with the datetime values. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix? On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:08:14 -0500, "Tim Powers" <tim.powers@rimrock.com> wrote: ...

Data Lables, series and Scatterplots
Is there any way to get excel scatterplots to recognize a third column (or row) as a series for a scatterplot? FOr example I have data as: Sequence Long Lat 1 49.12 28.05 2 49.17 28.34 3 49.5 28.48 4 49.17 28.36 I would like to plot Long(itude) as X axis and Lat(itude) as Y on scatterplot (which I can do). But I would also like to identify the sequence number fopr each point. I thought I could do that by getting the Sequence numbers to represent a series, but can't sseem to get that in a scatterplot. Is there any other chart...

After Password Fix, Money04 sync issues with MSN & MoneyCentral
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C478A0.0E7A19C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable *** this is a repost...=20 I was one of those affected by the .NET password issue last week. Money = is now working. However, my sync with MSN isn't... Aparently when I deassociated my passport from Money, it also broke that = connection to MSN. Now that's it's reassociated with my passport, I = need to tell it to sync the info with Money Central (to upload account = info and my investme...

Sorting column data
How do I sort the data in the columns, I want to make the appear in alphabetical order? Alan I recommend Excel help. Search for: Sort a range. -- Steve "alan.holmes" <alan.holmes27@somewhere.net> wrote in message news:3S9sk.133571$Mn3.46670@newsfe30.ams2... > How do I sort the data in the columns, I want to make the appear in > alphabetical order? > > Alan > > "alan.holmes" <alan.holmes27@somewhere.net> wrote in message news:3S9sk.133571$Mn3.46670@newsfe30.ams2... > How do I sort the data in the columns, I want to make the appe...

Using SUMIF to add data between a range of dates
Hi, I am developing a cashflow spreadsheet, and need to add a range of values (in column B) based on the criteria that they are relating to a set week, ie in column B has the amount to be paid, and column C has the date the amount is due. I need to find out the total amount due between 2 dates. Does anyone know how I can do this? Hi With start date in B20 and end date in B21 try this: =SUMIF(C2:C5,">=" &B20,B2:B5)-SUMIF(C2:C5,"<="&B21,B2:B5) Regards, Per "Jaspa" <Jaspa@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news...

Connectivity issues in Oulook 2003
I am setting up a laptop for one of our users and I installed Office 2003. When I get to set up her account in Outlook, it is unable to connect to the exchange server, after it resolves her name in the Check name section. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003. The DNS is working fine on that machine. I am signed in as her to the machine, which exists in AD. I am able to use OWA on the machine and using her login w/o any problems. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why I am unable to connect to the Exchange server? I have 2003 on my laptop and it works just fine. Please...

SCCM 2007 Reimage issue
Hi, I am unable to reimage pc's from SCCM 2007. I am getting error message when enter the password "failed to run task sequence". If any one help it wolud be appreaciate. Regards, Venkatesh. ...

Issue Migrating Attachments in CRM 4.0
Hi, We are migrating data to MSCRM 4.0. We're using the Data Migration Manager and everything seems to be mapping/migrating fine correctly except for attachments. We have followed the suggested steps in preparting notes/attachments to be migrated, including: 1) Creating the Notes.csv file with and entity column, a unique id column, and a filename column (filename of the attachment). 2) We have placed all the files that are to be attached, in a sub-folder of the folder that contains the Notes.csv file, and named the sub-folder "Attachments". The files are not that large an...

Refreshing query data via vba button
I have a wookbook which has 5 worksheets that contains sql query's that are bulling data from an access 2003 db, instead of me right clicking on each worksheet to refresh the data, is there any vba code that i can import that will enable the user to refresh the worksheet via a single button, been racking my brain, could someone help me please.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- RzaXL ThisWorkbook.RefreshAll MIke F "rzaxl" <rzaxl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A2F6E4B-5A45-4AA2-8F4E-CEA3AFE0C1F5@microsoft.com... >I have a wookbook which...

Excel 2007: Return rownumber when text data on 3 columns match exa
Using: Excel 2007 I want to document Windows Group Policy settings side by side on a single sheet. To accomplish this task I want to return the row number of the current sheet where the data of the row that has an exact match. The data I want to lookup is in three colums. Example: Column B | Column C | Column D ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Policy | Control Panel | Load a specific visual style Policy | Desktop | Do not add shares Policy | Desktop | Hide Network Location...

Lookup data in the list
Hi All, I have a list as shown bellow, I want to pick up the date correcponding to the value on cell A1 and the value in B2 or B3. So it is some thing like this =Vlookup(a2,a:b[b2+1] or[b+2] {this is just a vierd example} ColumnA ColumnB ID Name 1 12082A IN-tuition 2 Ms. Gayle 3 Gayle Theresa 4 Sofiane 5 12082B tuition 6 Ms. Gayle 7 12298A Language Institute 8 Senouci Bereksi 9 AOUL 10 Bereksi Kindly Help ASAP, As I am Stuck in my assignment. Hi, Manish. The better way, of course, is to have the ID in col A, the company name in B, the individual name in C a...

Big trouble matching with data on excel!
Hi, I'm required to present some info at my work, using two excel files. This is the task: File 1, has ID numbers in column A, and column B is blank. File 2, has ID numbers in column C and column D has the date the person joined the company File 1 es a select grop of people (about 2500), whereas File 2 is the general database (about 30thou) They're asking me to match the data, in order to end up with the coresponding date they joined the company in column B on File 1 (obtained from column D on file 2), how to do it? taking in account that File 1 is outdated and ...

How to let field sales people use our data base (without ASP/Scripting) ??
We have a data base we want our field sales people people to use daily. We have all our queries and forms and reports done in Access. We do not want to have to re-do it all in ASP or some other Scripting Language. We think we need something like Citrix and Terminal Server... but they are expensive... right? What are the alternatives available to very small businesses? Thanks for any help. Mel "Mel" <MyEmailList@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1180126800.016508.53210@q69g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > We have a data base we want our field sales people people to use ...

clearing data
hi guys, i'm new to MBS great plains... i needed help in clearing all the data in the financial, sales and purchasing module (includes all transactions, vendors, customers and etc....) in great plains without deleting the set-up (includes chart of accounts and all) for the 3 modules. i would really appreciate it if you guys can give me the procudures on how to do it... -- iandale You could use File >> Maintenance >> Clear Data. Clear data from things that say "transaction" and "history". Keep away from things that say "setup" or "o...

Exporting Extender Data
Does anyone know which table holds the extender data? I tried searching customersource for some sort of extender table structure, but I couldn't find anything. I want to be able to export this data using crystal reports, but I just need to know how to connect to it. Try Techknowledge #899573 "ConnollyandCo" wrote: > Does anyone know which table holds the extender data? I tried searching > customersource for some sort of extender table structure, but I couldn't find > anything. I want to be able to export this data using crystal reports, but I > just n...

How to Extract Data from a CSV file???
I need help on how to write a VB command that will allow me to extract data from a specified column in a CSV file. I have written a command in VB to extract all data from the CSV file and paste it on an excel worksheet. This method is working fine but because the file is too big, it takes a long time for me to extract everything. I only need the data from one column so if anyone out there can help me with this, I would be extremely grateful... Cheers ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly fro...

Font Issue
When the form first opens all the labels look perfect, but as soon as I scroll through records using a command button suddenly a few of the labels start to take on a bold appearance. The issue occurs with a same labels very time. I can't figure out what’s happening to the labels. Any suggestions? Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com User, Nope, never seen that, so let's see if it can be duplicated... -Access version? -Patches installed? -Continous form? -Font? -Code that you are using to scroll with? -- Gina Whipp "I feel I h...

Link variable data from one worksheet to another worksheet?
I am trying to link variable data from one worksheet (my source worksheet) to several other worksheets. For example, my source worksheet has two variables or columns: 'Team' and 'Bye Week'. The first entry under the 'team' column reads 'NE'. Let's say for this example that the first entry under the 'Bye Week' column is the number '10'. Given this, I want every entry under the 'Team' column in other worksheets that read 'NE', to read the number '10' under the 'Bye Week' column. Let's also say tha...

How do I resize a data label box in a pie chart to stop text wrapp
How do I resize a data label box in a pie chart to stop text wrapping? Excel decides how large to make these pseudo text boxes, based on the chart size, the amount of text, and the font properties. Aside from changing these, you have no control over the label sizes. You could replace the labels with textboxes, but these don't stay attached to a data point. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Eton Careers" <Eton Careers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B18C20DE-FD79...

Macro to shift all source data in a chart by one row or column?
Hello all, I have a spreadsheet which contains at least twenty years of data and twenty or thirty charts. Each year we update all of the charts to move the forecast period to the current year and the next five years. Because there is data well beyond the five year period, a dynamic range for the chart data would not work. Can anyone suggest if it is possible to write a macro which I can run on each chart to shift the source data for each series in the chart by one column or row to the right? Any suggestions would be gratefully received! Thanks in advance, Shan try this defined ...

Am confused about a simple data layout- need help asap!
This is really silly, because I am good at charts, but for some reason, I cannot formulate in my head the proper layout of this chart. Here is what I have/need: THESE ARE MY DATA HEADERS: A B C D E F PERSON JOB 1 JOB 2 JOB 3 TOTAL ARBITRARY 1-3 NUMBER THE DATA LOOKS LIKE THIS: A B C D E F NAME1 3 2 8 ...