Restricting Domain Logon w/OWA Access

I have multiple general mailboxes in exchange 2003 and
would like to deny local logon access to the domain while
allowing owa access to these e-mail accounts.  I tried
solving the problem by allowing only logons to the domain
controller and the exchange server from these general
mailboxes, but I receive access denied while attempting
to log onto owa.  Please help...
0
maines (1)

Word merged with Access
I am using both Word and Access 2003. When I merge a Word Letter with Access, sometimes not all of the queries show up, in the drop down box, to link the letter with. Does anyone have any ideas of why this happens? Is there a way to make all of the queries show up? Are the queries limited to a certain number? I would appreciate any help or ideas that you can give me. Aurora Aurora Without more information, I can only guess... Any chance any of those queries that are not showing up are NOT "select" queries (i.e., they are Make Table, or Delete or Insert queri...

Access 97 Runtime question
We are using Access 97 runtime for some of our staff. I noticed today that in reports if they right mouse click, they don't get a shortcut menu. I want them to be able to Export the report they are viewing. Would Access 2003 runtime have the shortcut menu? Thanks Kelvin "Kelvin Beaton" <kelvin dot beaton at mccsa dot c o m> wrote in message news:uiQA0i7zHHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > We are using Access 97 runtime for some of our staff. > I noticed today that in reports if they right mouse click, they don't get > a shortcut menu. I want them to be...

The Item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C42C5B.11C3D7B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I had to rebuild a corrupt database this morning. My Priv.edb and = Pub.edb were the files I worked on with the ESEUTIL. Everything is = working except users are complaining that they cannot delete e-mails = that were "zapped" during the rebuild process. The message they're = receiving is " The Item could not be deleted. It was either moved or = already deleted, or access was denied...

Multiple Domain e-mail addresses
We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise addition and I am having a bit of a "brain-freeze" at the moment... Where in the Exchange Admin do I configure the server to accept e-mail from more than one domain. For example, we currently accept e-mail from mycurrentdomain.ca and would also like to accept email from mycurrentdomain.com. Please note that I have updated all of our DNS MX records as required, just need to make the changes on the Exchange server. Thanks in advance... Recipient polices-email address policy. "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff...

SQL Server Reporting Services Reports in Access
Using Access 2007 and SQL Server 2008. Is there a way to display SQL Server Reporting Services reports in Access 2007? If so, links to documentation/examples would be appreciated. -- AG Email: npATadhdataDOTcom Hi AG, No,there is no compatible interface for converting SSRS report to Access 2007 now.You may consider first export your SSRS report to an Excel file and then embed an OLE object "Microsoft Office Excel 97-2003 Worksheet". If you only need the data, you can directly import data from Excel to your Access database. Best regards, Charles Wa...

Access 97 to 2000 conversion problems 08-08-03
I am trying to convert an Access 97 database to Access 2000 but with great difficulty. If I try to load it in Access 2000, the conversion is attempted but on the apparent completion the new database is not saved and the screen is blank. If I try creating a new database and importing everything then this works fine for the data, but no reports or forms are imported. I have tried all the latest patches to MS Office. Any suggestions would be very welcome. ...

OWA 302 error for inbox
I have two 2003 (sp2) front-end servers that are in DMZ. We have had this problem even before installing sp2. We use Network Load Balancing. After login, during OWA tries to display Inbox, I get login screen on right pane, prompting me to enter user id and pwd. In IIS Logs I see 302 error in logs when accessing frontend-02 (please see below the comparision between frontend-01 and 02 ; frontend-01 is working server). Secondly, I notice in the logs, on frontend-02, under cs-username field, there is '-', whereas on 01 server i see the username, henry. Any reason wy? To view prop...

Using Outlook to access and compile information in calendar
I want to create an application that will compile schedule information from Excel worksheets or an Access database and display them in a calendar type format. I know this type of application can be built using PivotTables in Excel, or forms in Access, but I was wondering if I could use the calendar in Outlook to display the information rather than creating PivotTables or custom forms which would wind up looking something like a calendar anyway. Before I start the job I'd like to know if I can work Outlook into the equation or if I really have to build it from scratch. Thanks, JEM ...

Outlook/Access 2003
I've been doing a lot of research and purchased (but haven't completely read) Sue Mosher's book. However, before I spend much more time I'd like to find out if my idea is even feasible. The basic idea is to create an appointment system for multiple therapists that can be used by a receptionist and other staff. Using Outlook and Exchange is very nice but the appointment data needs to end up in an Access table immediately. We can purchase SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 or we can buy a third party tool for calendar sharing whichever would be the easiest to use. I currently...

cannot view all of text in large cell, even though I have it to w.
I have cell format to wrap text and it works fine to a p[oint then no more text is displayed....casn increase the size of the cell, but still only so much will display....rest of the cell show blank. Hi +the limit is 1024 characters. You can extend this with manually inserting linebrekas using aLT+ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sydme wrote: > I have cell format to wrap text and it works fine to a p[oint then no > more text is displayed....casn increase the size of the cell, but > still only so much will display....rest of the cell show blank. ...

SBS 2008 RWW Internal web site access
I have a strange issue. I have a client who has four laptops on an SBS 2008 domain. Three are windows 7 one is XP. All work great inside the office. However, when any of the users attempt to connect to the internal website through RWW on the outside they get a page cannot be displayed message. I verified that port 987 is open on the firewall. Using computers at our location or any other computer, from any other site not associated with their domain, can connect successfully to RWW and the internal web site. I’ve verified that the certificate is installed on their computers. I ver...

access 2000 to 2003 files
I have many databases created in Acces 2000 on a comp. w/98SE, which always worked fine. I copied these files to new comp. running XP home, and using MS office Prof. When I attempt to open these databases from Windows explorer, I get anerror saying the <path><filename> is unrecognized. Anyone know why? "Rick K" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13b8301c3c28c$d939ce00$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have many databases created in Acces 2000 on a comp. > w/98SE, which always worked fine. I copied these files to > new comp. running XP h...

Restrictions in format
How do I restrict some columns of having all text in UPPER CASE, some columns to have text only First In Capital Letter and some columns only in lower case?? Thanks JPG You can restrict using Data Validation but I would find that very annoying. Example............in DV>Allow>Custom =EXACT(A1,UPPER(A1)) will not allow anything but Uppercase. I would use event code to automatically change Case when anything is entered. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False With Target ...

OWA timeout does not work for every client
I set the timeout setting on OWA, i don't have any issues but i'm getting lots of complaints that users are getting logged of after 15 min. why does this happen with some clients but not all? thx ...

access a cell in a range
I have variables: dim myrange as Range dim myString as String myrange specifies a specific column. How can I specify the cell in row 1 of myRange so I can set it's contents to myString? Hi there keyser soze, (Fan of the movie, eh? ;) <g> ) Like so .. myString = myRange(1).Value HTH -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack) <keyser_Soze@usa.com> wrote in message news:1128697509.320303.12550@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have variables: > > dim myrange as Range > dim myString as String > > myrange specifies a specific ...

Access to Server
Hi All. I install CRM 1.2 in a Windows 2003 Server. From the server with a Administrator Logon and by the explorer, i access to CRM Administration without problems. If i use the Implemetation aplication or if i try to install the CRM Outlook, the message is: "The Localhost server is not responce" Thanks for a possible help. Hi, Can you do a 'nslookup' and 'ping' to the server name? "Rui Sousa" wrote: > Hi All. > > I install CRM 1.2 in a Windows 2003 Server. > > From the server with a Administrator Logon and by the explorer, i acces...

HTTP access from Outlook
Hello, Will HTTP access from Outlook work with exchange 2003 and windows 2000 server sp4 combination? Also, how do I configure my server and remote clients to utilize this feature. Your help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance. On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 08:38:03 -0500, "Henry" <Henry@fake.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Will HTTP access from Outlook work with exchange 2003 and windows 2000 >server sp4 combination? Also, how do I configure my server and remote >clients to utilize this feature. Your help is greatly appreciated and thank >you in advance....

Outlook blocks access to potentially unsafe attachements
Outlok 2003 has blocked many of my work emails with legitimate attachments. just yesterday, it block an Access database file that I was expecting to recieve. I've always thought, great way to keep desktop safe. But this time, I needed that document right away. So my opinion has changed. Question is: Where is the menu to change the security feature so it doesn't block attachments? The only security menu I found was for restricting websites. Thx in advance Tools, Options, Security, Change Auto d/l settings, UNcheck Don't download.....but leave Warn me etc...checked "T...

IDN/ACE domains
Hello, Does anyone know if it's possible to have ACE/IDN domains in Exchange 2003 ? I want to have a domainname with norwegian characters in exchange but I doesn't allow me to type norwegian characters in the email-tab in active directory users and computers. Any ideas anyone ? Third party plugin ? Kindest regards, Rikard Strand ...

Unable to delete the Dead Domain controller
Dear, Iam working on windows server 2008 Ent Ed I have two doman controllers in the domain both are GC but only one domain controller has all the fsmo roles but iam having replicattion problems with the dead DC (i.e mppkw-database) and Iam unable to delete or remove the dead domain controller from the domain and iam having follwing problems using the ntdsutil :- matadata cleanup select operation target: list domains Found 1 domain(s) 0 - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com select operation target: select domain 0 No current site Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com No current server N...

Do you need MS Access to query on an Access table?
I'm asking these questions because I have looked at a lot of stuff in the discussion groups and still confused. I am fairly good at Excel programming but haven't been able to get Excel and Access to talk. First, I have Office 2003 Professional at work and Office 2003 without Access at home. I want to work on developing Excel programming at home which will get data from Access to Excel with either MS Query or with programming. Is it possible to just have the .mdb files on the home computer for Excel to work with, or do I need the Access program too? The info I want ...

out side domains
I can not send emails to persons that do not use the same domain ISP. I recieve this message when i try to our message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Sent: 18/04/2004 8:43 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: someone@somewhere.com.au on 18/04/2004 8:44 PM 550 5.7.1 <someone@somewhere.com.au>... Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged [203.134.100.118] Has anyone got any ideas Thanks Brad .. Have you set your server settings to authenticate before sending? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post...

exchange 2003 mailbox access
Hi, Do you know how to access other users mailbox in exchange 2003? The account I am using is domain admin but I couldn't open users' mailbox under my login name. Is there any permissions I should assign? Thanks Char On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 18:27:05 -0700, "char" <char@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Do you know how to access other users mailbox in exchange 2003? The account >I am using is domain admin but I couldn't open users' mailbox under my login >name. Is there any permissions I should assign? > >Thanks >Char By defau...

RMS Integration user access
How can I give users in GP access to the RMS Import (Transactions > Retail Management > RM Import) function? I found KB 900636, but it did not work. I'm using GP10 and HQ & RMS 2.0. Thanks, Jocelyn ...

using domain account for Exch2003 services
In Chapter 3 of the MS Press Training Kit "Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003", there are instructions for changing the Exchange Services to run under a domain account (with appropriate group memberships and rights) rather than the default Local System account for security & auditing purposes. However, I could not start the services after making the change and reviewed several articles stating that only the Local System account will work - KB Articles 271920, 239762, etc. Is the training kit wrong, or is there a way to do this? thanks in advance, Art ...