Restrictin gMemory Size

Hi,

When you run the setup for Exchange 5.5, you receive an option to restrict
the amount of memory Exchange is assigned and uses. Should a value be entered
in here, if so what is best practice?

The reason I ask is becuase I have an Exchange 5.5 build which I did not
restrict the amount of memory, and when I took a look, the OS appears to
using more memory than is Physically available; Paging to disk.

A reboot brings the level of memory use down but I cannot keep on rebooting
the server.

Please advise,
Thanks
Mohammed
0
Mohammed (42)

"Mohammed" <Mohammed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When you run the setup for Exchange 5.5, you receive an option to restrict
>the amount of memory Exchange is assigned and uses. Should a value be entered
>in here, if so what is best practice?

Best practice says to leave it alone. :)

>The reason I ask is becuase I have an Exchange 5.5 build which I did not
>restrict the amount of memory, and when I took a look, the OS appears to
>using more memory than is Physically available; Paging to disk.

Have you set up the server (not Exchange) to optimize performance for
network applications or to act as a file server?

>A reboot brings the level of memory use down but I cannot keep on rebooting
>the server.

You shouldn't have to. Exchange will gobble up all the free memory on
the server (leaving only about 5MB available). If it's operating on a
machine that's also trying to use all available memory (for buffering
file access, or running a SQL server) there's going to be a lot of
paging.)

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Size with Window
I'm working on a workbook with several charts. When I "create a copy" of a worksheet that contains only a chart, the copy comes in automatically set to "size with window". I don't want this to happen and can't figure out how to undo the feature. I tried clicking on the icon, using Alt+, etc. to no avail. Any suggestions? Telecommuting using Excel 2003 from work. Thanks! Nomenclature: if it's a chart-only sheet, it's not a worksheet, it's a chart sheet. A worksheet by definition has all those rows and columns. With the chart sheet active, g...

Combobox dropdown list size on Vista
I'm testing our app on Vista and discovered problems with the size of the dropdown list of our comboboxes. The dropdown list is always the minimum size (enough to hold a single item) on Vista. We set the combobox size correctly and they work fine on Win2000 and WinXP. Our comboboxes are owner-drawn, so that is probably the cause, but I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm not sure what would be different on Vista (I've run lots of programs and not seen this problem), but maybe you could post some of the code for your combo box (specifically where it's drawn) and that might ...

Publisher 2003 printing file size increase
When I create a publisher file with pictures that is 2.98 MB and send it to my printer the file size jumps from 2.98 to 39.8 MB and then counts down very very slowly and bogs down the printer for several minutes. A document may take a longer time than expected to print or the print spool file may be larger in Office 2003 or in Office XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904948/en-us How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to print to a local printer by using Office programs in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870622/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://of...

Setting Font Size
Encountering a basic problem: inability to set the font size for message text. Such as this. Have Tools/Options/Font set for 18 pt Bold however in actual use a setting of 12 pts 'takes over'. Suggestions? Thanks Tools | Options | Compose? You are sending in HTML? If you are using stationery, some default to a specific font and size. Tools | Options | Compose. Make sure nothing is checked or selected in the Stationery section, including Blank. In IE: Tools | Internet Options | Accessibility. Uncheck: "Ignore font sizes specified on web pages". Als...

margin size
I cannot get the right side of the page to be closer to the text. I have 1" of blank space and I need about 1/2" I have used the page break preview to move the edge of the page closer, but it still is too large of an area. Please help. Thank you in advance, Jeff Try File, PageSetup, click the margin tab and enter the figures from there. Remember that a printer needs some space at the edges. 0.5 should be OK though. "jesseok" wrote: > I cannot get the right side of the page to be closer to the text. I have 1" > of blank space and I need about 1/2&...

Maximum mailbox size in E2K3??
I am running into a problem with a user. I am migrating the client from Groupwise to E2K3 Enterprise. Outlook 2003. Not in cached mode. After importing all Groupwise mail, the mailbox size is about 2.2 gigs. When I send and receive, I get an error about maximum mailbox size. There are no limits set on the store. Is there a 2 gig limit on individual mailboxes on E2K3??? Not a PST. A mailbox. This would be news to me, as I have certainly had mailboxes larger than that in E2K. I try to set a limit on the store larger than 2 gigs and I get a message saying that the value must ...

Mailbox Size Limitations
I have successfully setup the mailbox size limitations and it works fine. However, I wanted to know where I can change the actual message that is sent to the users. For example, this is what is sent: Your mailbox has exceeded one or more size limits set by your administrator. Your mailbox size is 458823 KB. Mailbox size limits: You will receive a warning when your mailbox reaches 453000 KB.You may not be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce your mailbox size. To make more space available, delete any items that you are no longer using or move them to your personal folder fi...

Worksheet shrinks in size in Excel 2000
new When my 12-sheet workbook was renamed, each worksheet within the workbook shrank. There are no resize buttons available to cause it to fill the pane again. Please advise. Do you mean the zoom size when working on your sheets OR are you in PrintPreview? Please give a bit more detail. Thanks! "keith253" wrote: > new When my 12-sheet workbook was renamed, each worksheet within the workbook > shrank. There are no resize buttons available to cause it to fill the pane > again. Please advise. Keith Sounds like you renamed then saved with the workbook protection enable...

10 GB Mailbox size limit /usr
Here's the dilema. Runnning E2k3, huge SAN 16 Terabytes, storage not an issue. I have about 50 users and would like to set the limit of each mbx to 10 GB /usr. I know that sounds weird but client wants this because of the nature of their biz. Can this be done; 10GB/usr? E2k3 gives an error when setting any quota above 2GB (not local .pst we're talking everything on server). Also what are the consequences of this? DB defrag? any utilities? a better solution? please respond anyone I documented how to do this here: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2004/09/exceeding_20971.h...

Outlook 2003 Font Size
I have an enduser that when composing an email, it will only give her even numbered font sizes. If you type 11, it goes back to 12. How can this be changed? Using outlook 2003, sp3. -- PMontg, MOS "PMONTG" <PMONTG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA8E3EDD-19C3-4D35-A1F8-46241098021A@microsoft.com... >I have an enduser that when composing an email, it will only give her even > numbered font sizes. If you type 11, it goes back to 12. How can this be > changed? Using outlook 2003, sp3. Some fonts don't have the in-between sizes. Can...

Chart size
Is there a way to make the User defined chart be made a specific size when created? We will be making multiple charts and I wish them all to be a specific size as they are then copied to Word. Thank you Deborah - If you make the chart with the Chart Wizard, you are stuck with the default size and position, which is *approximately* half of the height and width of the active pane, centered within the pane. You can resize charts by dragging their corners, and if you hold down the Alt key, the chart edges stay aligned with cell boundaries, so you could make the charts the same size this ...

Excel registry settings for size/pos
i figured out how to adjust the position and size of the actua workspace of excel, but i would like to be able to specifiy that exce automatically resize the window within the workspace t "maximize".....here's the reason. the software we produce comes with automatic excel sheet output fo archiving purposes...so we wanted to find a way to also build in function capable (independant of whose machine it is running on, whic is the important part) of modifying the reg key for this windo size..... if anyone could help, i'd appreciate it ---------------------------------------...

CListCtrl size at runtime
Hi, I would like to know how many items can I insert into a CListCtrl.... ? I am not using virtual list control..... I am just using CListCtrl in a form view.......... I just want to keep on adding possibly millions of items at runtime and save them to a text file is user wants to........... I don't want to load those many items.......... InsertItem() takes "int" as parameter index......so CListCtrl should atleast support (–2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647) items.......... I just want to make sure I can add as many items as I want at run time... Any pointers would be apprc...

how to increase Excel's footer size to more than 255 characters?
or a way to insert a disclaimer on the every page of Excel worksheet Hi AFAIK you can't increase this size -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Edward H" <Edward H@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6386947C-FF49-4E47-A586-A8ABB776F9C8@microsoft.com... > or a way to insert a disclaimer on the every page of Excel worksheet ...

Scripting report on edb size
Can anybody point me in direction for a scripting newbie for reporting database size on Exchange 2003 servers (about 200 servers)? mailboxes are not important to me just the edb's size. Many thanks DT Here's a good place to start to develop a script to look at multiple computers http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scripts/default.mspx?mfr=true "DT" <DT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CBBC041-090E-41C7-A648-1D086ADDE01F@microsoft.com... > Can anybody point me in direction for a scripting newbie for reporting > database size on ...

Size limit discrepencies
I'm having some problems with a user in outlook. If I go into her outlook today properties and check folder sizes I see the total is over 40,000KB (this is the outlook size limit set by powers much greater than I). The problem is all of the folders listed below barely add up to 500K. All of her deleted items are cleared, all of her sent items have been cleared, and she has cleared out her archive as well. I even checked to make sure the Journal had been disabled, which it was. There is absolutely nothing in her outlook box that could possibly add up to the size it is giving her. Unfor...

Font size question
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel A workbook was all 10pt font was changed to all 14 pt font. <br> Only weird thing is, when I type in a new email, it goes to 10pt. (why?) <br> What to I do? thanks! Hi Kevs: Until you tell me which program you are using, I haven't a clue. Excel has nothing to do with email. Cheers On 13/04/10 12:14 PM, in article 59bb6d9f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "kevs14@officeformac.com" <kevs14@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (...

VM size for store.exe
Hi! I just installed a exchange cluster, and i'm wondering if i've done anything wrong in my setup. The store.exe is using 38MB Phys. mem, but it's VM size is 1,2GB. Is this normal? (in all my other non-cluster exchange servers the memory allocation is opposite, low on the VM, but high on the physical) The mad.exe and mssearch.exe have got an VM size of around 500MB. There are currently only one mailbox on this server.... Win2003 R2, with Exchange 2003 SP2 Download and run MS Exchange Best Practices Analyzer. This will help make sure everything is OK with your server. Nue &l...

Dex.ini and window size/screen resolution
I have a high resolution monitor and when using GP 9.0 I am typically only able to fill the screen with about 1/4 of the available real estate. One thought was to modify the Dex.ini file to change the WindowsWidth and WindowsHeight settings. But they appear to not get me to a solution. How can I use more of my screen to display GP windows? Is something like this possible? Thanks -- Christian S South Carolina Hi Chris, I've got a user with a similar problem in GP10... He got a 28" screen with a resolution of 1900x1200 and claims to get an error when starti...

Resize header image size in Excel 2007
Is there any way to resize an images, company logo, placed in the header of a worksheet? > Is there any way to resize an images, company logo, placed in the header of a > worksheet? Go to File | Page Setup | Header/Footer Assuming you have placed the image in the custom header Click on the Custom Header Click on the Fill icon button to the right of the Picture icon Resize the picture here. Bob Sorry, missed your ref to Excel 2007 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288966 Microsoft Office Excel 2007 1. Click the View tab. 2. Click in the header or footer section where the image...

Dynamics GP should let me change font size for entire program
My users cannot read some of the boxes in the ordering areas because the font is too small. Since many have widescreen computers, changing the resolution is not a viable option. I would like for Dynamics GP to allow my users to change the font size for the program, allowing it to be a larger size for the whole program and not just for the reports. ------------ Matt ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see...

Default text size in OL 2003 reading pane?
Whenever I start Outlook 2003 and then go back to Internet Explorer, my default text size always reverts back to Medium. I want to keep it at smaller or smallest. If I don't start Outlook then IE retains my selected default text size. It is Outlook that is causing the problem. In Outlook's "Reading Pane" you can right click the small grey border around the reading pane and change the text size of the reading pane text itself. If I do this and set it to smaller or smallest then this setting will also apply to IE. But, this setting does not stick in Outlook. The next time I ...

paper size a1 how do i do it?
can anyone help? In article <78DFB9FF-2D79-4324-A3A2-ED556C865815@microsoft.com>, Nick DMERM A1 wrote: > can anyone help? I'm guessing that you want to know how to set your slide size to A1 in PowerPoint. PowerPoint doesn't have a built-in A1 size but you can set any custom size you want up to around 56", so set it at: A1 -- 594 x 841 mm -- 23.4 x 33.1 in In PowerPoint 2007: Design tab | Page Setup In previous versions, File | Page Setup ============================== PPT Frequently Asked Questions http://www.pptfaq.com/ PPTools add-ins for...

envelope printing problems... print preview different size..
I have been trying to print & create an envelope 6.5 wide by 4.75 high. ( I have done this before with an older version of publisher). I create this as a custom envelope.. get it properly set up.. do a print preview and the preview is a totally different size and longer vertically than horizontally. The print does not get onto the 6.5 x 4.75 print area.. Please help.. You need to first set File Print setup Before creating the File Page setup -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Zo Mak" <Zo Mak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Individual Message Size
Is there anyway in Outlook to determine the size of an individual message? Thanks, Jermaine Just make sure the Size field is added to the current Outlook view. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "Jermaine" <Jermaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C85F8EDB-DE54-4C71-9751-C1E42F1DECBD@microsoft.com... > Is there anyway in Outlook to determine the size of an individual message? > > Thanks, > > Jermaine ...