restrict particular user using OWA

Is there any way i can restrict particular user from using
the OWA whereas the rest of users remain accessible to the
OWA?

Thanks for any help provided
0
eva2339 (3)

"Eva" <eva@addon.com.sg> wrote in message
> Is there any way i can restrict particular user from using
> the OWA whereas the rest of users remain accessible to the
> OWA?
>
> Thanks for any help provided

Which version of Exchange?  All versions allow you to disable the HTTP
protocol for individual mailboxes, but where you do it is in a different
place for different Exchange versions. In 5.5, you do it in the user's
Mailbox property pages in Admin.exe. In 2000, you have to enable the
Advanced Features view in ADUC.

Lee.

--
_______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
_______________________________________

0
Lee
5/13/2004 9:13:40 AM
Additionally, OWA requires the logon locally right, so rather than assigning
this right to Domain Users, create a new group for OWA and add all the users
to it. Then open that one account and remove it from the OWA group. Much
easier to manage this way...
--
hth,
SusanV

"Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" <email a@t leederbyshire d0t.c0m> wrote in message
> "Eva" <eva@addon.com.sg> wrote in message
> > Is there any way i can restrict particular user from using
> > the OWA whereas the rest of users remain accessible to the
> > OWA?
> >
> > Thanks for any help provided
>
> Which version of Exchange?  All versions allow you to disable the HTTP
> protocol for individual mailboxes, but where you do it is in a different
> place for different Exchange versions. In 5.5, you do it in the user's
> Mailbox property pages in Admin.exe. In 2000, you have to enable the
> Advanced Features view in ADUC.
>
> Lee.

> Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP:
> www.leederbyshire.com
> email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

svanallen (210)
5/13/2004 1:15:01 PM
Not with Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 :-)

--
Mark Fugatt
Exchange MVP
"Susan VanAllen [MVP]" <svanallen@nospam-mvps.org> wrote in message
> Additionally, OWA requires the logon locally right, so rather than
> assigning
> this right to Domain Users, create a new group for OWA and add all the
> users
> to it. Then open that one account and remove it from the OWA group. Much
> easier to manage this way...
> --
> hth,
> SusanV
>
> "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" <email a@t leederbyshire d0t.c0m> wrote in message
>> "Eva" <eva@addon.com.sg> wrote in message
>> > Is there any way i can restrict particular user from using
>> > the OWA whereas the rest of users remain accessible to the
>> > OWA?
>> >
>> > Thanks for any help provided
>>
>> Which version of Exchange?  All versions allow you to disable the HTTP
>> protocol for individual mailboxes, but where you do it is in a different
>> place for different Exchange versions. In 5.5, you do it in the user's
>> Mailbox property pages in Admin.exe. In 2000, you have to enable the
>> Advanced Features view in ADUC.
>>
>> Lee.
>>
>> --
>> _______________________________________
>>
>> Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP:
>> www.leederbyshire.com
>> email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

Mark

Restricting the reactivationg cases function
In many customer service environments, the reactivation of existing cases is an exceptional procedure, to be performed only by a supervisor. I can't seem to find the right way of assigning a security role to accomplish this. Any ideas? -- Juan Fidalgo Sr. Bus. Analyst SCI If the role has update case, read activity and write activity then you should be able to Reactivate the case. Please also refer to Appendix A: Security Roles and Privileges http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb954998.aspx This doc has detial privileges that are required in each of SDK message. -- This p...

use of xsd.exe
VS2005. I'm running a stored procedure and am stuffing the output into a dataset. I want the dataset to be strongly-typed, but can't seem to get quite what I want out. Performing a "Fill" on a generic dataset, I can get the schema of the data being returned. A snippet appears below: <xs:element name="Table2"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="PRODUCT_GROUP" msprop:OraDbType="126" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" /> <xs:element ...

Using insert to paste a row--how done in Excel 2007
Hi, In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a row instead of what I have copied. I want it the old way! How do I do it? -- Thanks, PTweety R-click, Insert Copied Cells. pickytweety wrote: > Hi, > In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a > new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it > automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a r...

Rollup and OWA Attachments
ADVERTISEMENT We recently installed the Post RTM Rollup on 30 of our 60 mailbox servers and have noticed that certain attachments are being partially stripped when opened in OWA (whether through a frontend or directly to the backend). This includes any html or text doc. For instance, if I send a text file with only the following line and I open it in OWA, the file is empty: "<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">" The line is completely stripped. Any html file with any reference to javascript has those parts stripped as well. (i.e. if I save yahoo.com as a single ...

End-User License agreement 02-23-10
I had the same question about how to block the pop-up each time I use an office program, but see that there is no way to fix it. Is this problem just with reinstalling office 2003 on a new computer, or is this a "new feature" Microsoft has added to all Office programs? If this is true on Office 2007 and 2010, it seems like another good reason to switch to Apple. -- Husker Bob You don't "block the pop-up", you simply Agree to the EULA with administror permissions. BTW this has been in effect since about 2001. Husker Bob wrote: > I had t...

Saving Excel workbook in SQL server using c#
Could anyone please help me out as to how we can save the excel workbook in the database and read it back. I was able to convert the text files and image files into binary format and save them to the DB and finally able to retrive them back in the same format. But was unable to do same for the excel object. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, regards, jitender ...

Exposing Creating User's team membership
Hi, Can anyone demonstrate (or point me in the right direction) the following:- We have a number of sites, and a number of teams which map directly to the sites and have the same name as the site (eg siteA has a corresponding team called siteA). When in an opportunity, I would like to obtain the value of the creating user's team, and use this to set a value in another picklist. I am having trouble retrieving the team membership of the user that created the opportunity. Does anyone know of a way to do this? I am not even sure where to start looking at this. Thanks Fentp Hi Fen...

How to set Recipient Limits option under Message Delivery for certain users
Dear All, Quick Question: under Global Settings --> Message Delivery , under the properites of Message Delivery there is an option called "Recipient Limits" which will limit the number of recipients per single email, the defaul number is 5000 recipient per single email. now, if i applied this settings and i mentioned 30 recipients, these settings will be applied to all the users under my exchange server, becasue it is under the Global Settings of Exchange. Now, how can i exclude some VIP users from such settings ? i don't want this Global Settings for recipient limits...

Email restriction
A few days ago I asked if Icould restrict certain people from sending to our everyone email account and I was advised how to do this in the Exchange General tab. My question today is: Is there a way to allow our authenticated users and those authenticated users of another domain in our forest, ONLY? Kathy If you allow only authenticated users to send/receive mail between domains .... will this not stop emails coming in from the internet???????? Normally setting to receive mail from authenticated users only is a best practise for Distribution Lists. "Kathy" wrote: ...

Looking for someone who can integrate CRM with GP using SCRIBE Integration tool
Hi, Is anyone out there in Sydney area who would like to help us in doing integration between CRM 4 and GP 10 through SCRIBE integration tool for a fee? We are looking for someone who has already done integration between these two applications using SCRIBE. You will have to do bit of customisations in the SCRIBE standard templates. If anyone available, you can contact me through my email badri1203@gmail.com Badri ...

this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on computer.
I have a HP desktop pc running vista and microsoft office 2007 program. When I attempt to open a link within a message, Outlook displays an error message. This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on computer. "Please contact your system administrator." I have an administrative account. How to get past this restriction? "R. B. Houser" <RBHouser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D1E2BA0-D44C-46CE-A546-0EB7D122F3F0@microsoft.com... >I have a HP desktop pc running vista and microsoft office 2007 program. >When > I attempt t...

OWA and MX records
I am running in mixed mode and have just completed moving most of my mailboxes to E2K3. OWA access works fine within the domain, either using the IP address or the name of the sever. What I would like to do is test it "for real" without distrupting the 5.5 verison of OWA that is still in use as well as mail flow to the 5.5 server. My ISP currently has pointers (MX and A records) in place that point to my old 5.5 server for mail flow and OWA. Can I ask them to setup another MX record that points to my new E2K3 server to gain access to OWA? Or are you only allowed one MX record ...

OWA authentication default domain
I'm running Exchange 2003 OWA. The exchange server is sitting behind a firewall, we are port forwarding web traffic to the exchange server. Users are getting asked for username/password, but are getting rejected when they do no enter the domain before the username (e.g. DOMAIN\username. I've set the default domain within IIS (using ESM), and we are NOT USING FORMS-BASED AUTHENTICATION. any ideas? thanks Andrew. Are you using a sigle server configuration or front-end/back-end? What kinds of authentication methods are enabled on the Exchange virtual dir? -- Blog "subject: exc...

MS02-011: Authentication Flaw Could Allow Unauthorized Users To Authenticate To SMTP Service
Hello All ! I have problem - when I scan port 25 on our Exchange 5.5 with special XSpider 7.0 port scanner, this program recommend me visit following URL: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-011.mspx for delete potential SMTP open relay. After patch downloading and succsessful installing I scan port 25 again and... scanner show me this recommendation again... What wrong?.. How I can eliminate this problem on Exchange 5.5 Help please! Our Exchange 5.5 (with IMC) run on Windows NT 4.0 SP6. Regards, Benjamin. ...

Using A CTabView
Hi, I need to implement a tab control which contains a number of custom controls on each tab page. For example my custom control has a number of LED type static controls and a list control. Its quite small, 200x200. I need a number of them in a tab page. They need to aligned underneath each other with a static label above each giving a description of each one. I also need to be able to scroll down if I have too many to fit into one page. Has anyone done something similar or can suggest where to look?? Cheers ...

HOW USE 2 LANGUAGES IN AX. ???????????
Hello I have problem and I need Help: 1. Axapta using English Language in all system 2. I need write something in Russian Language. When I use Russian Keyboard and I wriet somethings in Axapta fields is ok, but after this Russian words was change and I see only symbol likely this ??????? (query) 3. In MS SQL database in the fields I see words likely this symbol ??????? (query) Please send my all information how I can write something in different Languages in this same Axapta - I need write simultaneously in 2 Languages. Please send answer on ma email: search1234@wp.pl Thank...

Using a Space in Webbrowser Control
Hello: As usual, I've run into a problem with something that is probably so simple... any help is appreciated. I'm using the webbrowser control with the navigate method. The url I'm using needs a space (which I know is not normally allowed, but it works directly in firefox and IE). Here's some sample code: ------------------------------------ strWebPage = "http://www.imdb.com" &" ?" & Text2.Text txtURL.Text = strWebPage Web1.Navigate txtURL.Text Do While Web1.ReadyState <> READYSTATE_COMPLETE DoEvents Loop DoEven...

Cash-Basis Reporting using GP Analytical Accounting
We are a new GP 8 customer, still in the process of implementation, migrating from QuickBooks Pro. We are a non-profit and have unique reporting needs for our board and donors. We switched from cash-basis to accrual accounting about 2 years ago. However, a lot of our reports are still run on a cash-basis level, we need to be able to report on a cash basis as well as accrual basis. I know ther eis a cash-basis tool add-on for GP from AIM technologies. But I was wondering if the GP Analytical Accouning or multidimensional module would give us the same functionality and flexibility in g...

Limiting Number of Records per User
Just wondering if there is a way to limit the number of records a user can take ownership of. For example....leads. A salesperson can only have x amount of leads assigned to them at a given time. Thanks! ------=_NextPart_0001_36201CDB Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi and thank you for your post. Unfortunately there is not a way to limit a user's record ownership. Just to be sure I checked with the SDK team and they don't have a way to do that either. But I would like to encourage you to make a product suggestion along these lines. We are very i...

How do I determine whether my exchange server is being used to relay SPAM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C41E7A.F70E2800 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have recently changed from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. We have also = instituted an signature program for our outgoing email. This week I have = been getting NDR's from sites and some say that our site is sending them = SPAM. I beleive that either these sites are registering the signatures = as SPAM or our server is relaying SPAM messages. How do I determine = this, I imagine that some logs would show t...

users with same alias
Hi gurus. I have exchange 2000 on a w2k server, I would like to know if the following is possible: I have to domain users (user1 and user2) each one of them has their own primary smtp account. everything works fine, but I need the following I want to give away an email address(xxxx@xxxx.com) and I want that when this email arrives to the exchange, it gets delivered to user1 and user2. I tryied to setup an alias but it does not allow me to create the same alias two different users How can I do this? Thanks gurus Create a UDG with user1 and user 2 as members. Give the smtp address ...

Create hyperlinks using VLOOKUP?
I would like to enter a model number(CM3636a) in A1. When entered, is there a way to lookup in a table and create a hyperlink automatically? I have hundreds of model numbers which I want to associate a diagram(jpg). I only want to do this once, then everytime the same model number is entered, a link is created to that diagram. Can anyone think of any ingenious ideas on how to achieve something like this? Joe Hi if you have the name of a file in column b try something like =HYPERLINK("C:\temp\" & VLOOKUP(A1,'lookuptable'!A1:B100,2,0) & ".jpg") -- Regards...

Distribution list to some one else and they can use them?
Distribution list to some one else and they can use them? I send them to my boss but, they being sent a rich text files. AS rich text file he can, not use them to send message. I need to beable to use them Insert them as an Outlook Item in a message in RTF format. Then he can just double click it to open and it will be save to his default Contacts Folder. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Anthony Frisoli" <Frisoliap@UPMC.edu> wrote in message news:00bd01c49500$4ca97890$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Distribution list to some one else and they can use them? > I send them to m...

Restrictions to hyperlinks
I have created a basic hyperlink to send a mail. Is it possible to make a restriction that the hyperlink can no be activated if a cell is not filled or a check box is not marked? Thanks! -- AndyOne ------------------------------------------------------------------------ AndyOne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20217 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385577 I don't think so. But maybe you could replace the hyperlink with a button that executes a macro that does all your validation and then goes off on the...

Automating CompactRepair--"db in use" error
I ran the following line of code from a db, called "writer.db". Application.CompactRepair "projecttrack.mdb", "db1.mdb", True It worked great, creating both the "db1.mdb" file and a log file. I erased the db1.mdb & the log file, and tried to run it again, and it failed, giving the following error: "Runtime error 7866. Microsoft cannot open the database because it is missing or opened exclusively by another user." I've closed all my copies of Access and reopened them, tried running again and get the sam...