Restoring Public Folder to a Recovery Server

Hello,

We have exchange 2003. We restored our PUB folder database to a recovery 
server (separe forest). We are able to mount the database but how can we 
acess it. We know exmerge will not work in this case and we tried installing 
outlook client but we can only see the default Public folder database.

Thanks in advance
0
xmis1 (38)
6/30/2005 2:27:06 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

6 Replies
569 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 39

Hi,

"xmis1" <xmis1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
news:6FCB9C1E-1D51-4FCA-9F82-6A3B85DFB510@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> We have exchange 2003. We restored our PUB folder database to a recovery
> server (separe forest). We are able to mount the database but how can we
> acess it. We know exmerge will not work in this case and we tried 
> installing
> outlook client but we can only see the default Public folder database.

directly with powercontrolls ($$). Very quick, but not for free.
There�s a new tool called legacydn. It will help you to change things like 
wrong Servername, Admingroupname aso. Be sure to have the same servicepack 
installed. So you�ll see in Eventlog what doesn�t match.

good old method will be to install a server, with same name, AD (same 
Orgname), Exchange (with all the same names..) and mount the database. You 
may have some fun with eseutil inbetween, but after this you�ll be able to 
run exmerge and get back the data. So it�s quite similar to 2nd method.
Always take a look in the eventlog to see what�s wrong.

cheers,
Andy

> Thanks in advance 


0
andy.rath (135)
6/30/2005 3:01:07 PM
Hi Andy,

Maybe I did not explain the situation we are having. The Public folder 
database is up and running on the recovery server. I need to access it with a 
client so I can restore the content of a deleted public folder. I am familiar 
with PowerControl from ontrack but unfortunately, we do not have it here.

Thanks again

"Andy Rath [MVP Exchange]" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> "xmis1" <xmis1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
> news:6FCB9C1E-1D51-4FCA-9F82-6A3B85DFB510@microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > We have exchange 2003. We restored our PUB folder database to a recovery
> > server (separe forest). We are able to mount the database but how can we
> > acess it. We know exmerge will not work in this case and we tried 
> > installing
> > outlook client but we can only see the default Public folder database.
> 
> directly with powercontrolls ($$). Very quick, but not for free.
> There´s a new tool called legacydn. It will help you to change things like 
> wrong Servername, Admingroupname aso. Be sure to have the same servicepack 
> installed. So you´ll see in Eventlog what doesn´t match.
> 
> good old method will be to install a server, with same name, AD (same 
> Orgname), Exchange (with all the same names..) and mount the database. You 
> may have some fun with eseutil inbetween, but after this you´ll be able to 
> run exmerge and get back the data. So it´s quite similar to 2nd method.
> Always take a look in the eventlog to see what´s wrong.
> 
> cheers,
> Andy
> 
> > Thanks in advance 
> 
> 
> 
0
xmis1 (38)
6/30/2005 3:31:03 PM
Hi,
sorry - was my fault (not native engl.).

You added a user to the recovery forrest and just see the root of the public 
folder (Outlook). Do you see them all in systemmanager? Rights?

Andy

"xmis1" <xmis1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
news:E917E6FF-B894-45E2-8893-AC4BF606354C@microsoft.com...
> Hi Andy,
>
> Maybe I did not explain the situation we are having. The Public folder
> database is up and running on the recovery server. I need to access it 
> with a
> client so I can restore the content of a deleted public folder. I am 
> familiar
> with PowerControl from ontrack but unfortunately, we do not have it here.
>
> Thanks again
>
> "Andy Rath [MVP Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> "xmis1" <xmis1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> news:6FCB9C1E-1D51-4FCA-9F82-6A3B85DFB510@microsoft.com...
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > We have exchange 2003. We restored our PUB folder database to a 
>> > recovery
>> > server (separe forest). We are able to mount the database but how can 
>> > we
>> > acess it. We know exmerge will not work in this case and we tried
>> > installing
>> > outlook client but we can only see the default Public folder database.
>>
>> directly with powercontrolls ($$). Very quick, but not for free.
>> There�s a new tool called legacydn. It will help you to change things 
>> like
>> wrong Servername, Admingroupname aso. Be sure to have the same 
>> servicepack
>> installed. So you�ll see in Eventlog what doesn�t match.
>>
>> good old method will be to install a server, with same name, AD (same
>> Orgname), Exchange (with all the same names..) and mount the database. 
>> You
>> may have some fun with eseutil inbetween, but after this you�ll be able 
>> to
>> run exmerge and get back the data. So it�s quite similar to 2nd method.
>> Always take a look in the eventlog to see what�s wrong.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Andy
>>
>> > Thanks in advance
>>
>>
>> 


0
andy.rath (135)
6/30/2005 4:06:29 PM
That's correct. We only see the default public folders.

"Andy Rath [MVP Exchange]" wrote:

> Hi,
> sorry - was my fault (not native engl.).
> 
> You added a user to the recovery forrest and just see the root of the public 
> folder (Outlook). Do you see them all in systemmanager? Rights?
> 
> Andy
> 
> "xmis1" <xmis1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
> news:E917E6FF-B894-45E2-8893-AC4BF606354C@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Andy,
> >
> > Maybe I did not explain the situation we are having. The Public folder
> > database is up and running on the recovery server. I need to access it 
> > with a
> > client so I can restore the content of a deleted public folder. I am 
> > familiar
> > with PowerControl from ontrack but unfortunately, we do not have it here.
> >
> > Thanks again
> >
> > "Andy Rath [MVP Exchange]" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> "xmis1" <xmis1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >> news:6FCB9C1E-1D51-4FCA-9F82-6A3B85DFB510@microsoft.com...
> >> > Hello,
> >> >
> >> > We have exchange 2003. We restored our PUB folder database to a 
> >> > recovery
> >> > server (separe forest). We are able to mount the database but how can 
> >> > we
> >> > acess it. We know exmerge will not work in this case and we tried
> >> > installing
> >> > outlook client but we can only see the default Public folder database.
> >>
> >> directly with powercontrolls ($$). Very quick, but not for free.
> >> There´s a new tool called legacydn. It will help you to change things 
> >> like
> >> wrong Servername, Admingroupname aso. Be sure to have the same 
> >> servicepack
> >> installed. So you´ll see in Eventlog what doesn´t match.
> >>
> >> good old method will be to install a server, with same name, AD (same
> >> Orgname), Exchange (with all the same names..) and mount the database. 
> >> You
> >> may have some fun with eseutil inbetween, but after this you´ll be able 
> >> to
> >> run exmerge and get back the data. So it´s quite similar to 2nd method.
> >> Always take a look in the eventlog to see what´s wrong.
> >>
> >> cheers,
> >> Andy
> >>
> >> > Thanks in advance
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
xmis1 (38)
6/30/2005 4:43:02 PM
so you cannot see them in systemmanager also?

Andy

"xmis1" <xmis1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
news:579DE0B5-0992-4B4B-B4C1-A08D19C15F41@microsoft.com...
> That's correct. We only see the default public folders.
>
> "Andy Rath [MVP Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> sorry - was my fault (not native engl.).
>>
>> You added a user to the recovery forrest and just see the root of the 
>> public
>> folder (Outlook). Do you see them all in systemmanager? Rights?
>>
>> Andy
>>
>> "xmis1" <xmis1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> news:E917E6FF-B894-45E2-8893-AC4BF606354C@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi Andy,
>> >
>> > Maybe I did not explain the situation we are having. The Public folder
>> > database is up and running on the recovery server. I need to access it
>> > with a
>> > client so I can restore the content of a deleted public folder. I am
>> > familiar
>> > with PowerControl from ontrack but unfortunately, we do not have it 
>> > here.
>> >
>> > Thanks again
>> >
>> > "Andy Rath [MVP Exchange]" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Hi,
>> >>
>> >> "xmis1" <xmis1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> >> news:6FCB9C1E-1D51-4FCA-9F82-6A3B85DFB510@microsoft.com...
>> >> > Hello,
>> >> >
>> >> > We have exchange 2003. We restored our PUB folder database to a
>> >> > recovery
>> >> > server (separe forest). We are able to mount the database but how 
>> >> > can
>> >> > we
>> >> > acess it. We know exmerge will not work in this case and we tried
>> >> > installing
>> >> > outlook client but we can only see the default Public folder 
>> >> > database.
>> >>
>> >> directly with powercontrolls ($$). Very quick, but not for free.
>> >> There�s a new tool called legacydn. It will help you to change things
>> >> like
>> >> wrong Servername, Admingroupname aso. Be sure to have the same
>> >> servicepack
>> >> installed. So you�ll see in Eventlog what doesn�t match.
>> >>
>> >> good old method will be to install a server, with same name, AD (same
>> >> Orgname), Exchange (with all the same names..) and mount the database.
>> >> You
>> >> may have some fun with eseutil inbetween, but after this you�ll be 
>> >> able
>> >> to
>> >> run exmerge and get back the data. So it�s quite similar to 2nd 
>> >> method.
>> >> Always take a look in the eventlog to see what�s wrong.
>> >>
>> >> cheers,
>> >> Andy
>> >>
>> >> > Thanks in advance
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
andy.rath (135)
7/1/2005 10:04:30 AM
Hello Andy,

We have the same issue.  We can see in ESM but unfortunately, 
how can we export/import the restored PF over to production server.
Note that Outlook only sees the default PF root and the restored PF is not 
located in the original PF store location. It is on a separate Storage Group.

I hope this is clear enough?

thanks
-plagooms


"Andy Rath [MVP Exchange]" wrote:

> so you cannot see them in systemmanager also?
> 
> Andy
> 
> "xmis1" <xmis1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
> news:579DE0B5-0992-4B4B-B4C1-A08D19C15F41@microsoft.com...
> > That's correct. We only see the default public folders.
> >
> > "Andy Rath [MVP Exchange]" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> sorry - was my fault (not native engl.).
> >>
> >> You added a user to the recovery forrest and just see the root of the 
> >> public
> >> folder (Outlook). Do you see them all in systemmanager? Rights?
> >>
> >> Andy
> >>
> >> "xmis1" <xmis1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >> news:E917E6FF-B894-45E2-8893-AC4BF606354C@microsoft.com...
> >> > Hi Andy,
> >> >
> >> > Maybe I did not explain the situation we are having. The Public folder
> >> > database is up and running on the recovery server. I need to access it
> >> > with a
> >> > client so I can restore the content of a deleted public folder. I am
> >> > familiar
> >> > with PowerControl from ontrack but unfortunately, we do not have it 
> >> > here.
> >> >
> >> > Thanks again
> >> >
> >> > "Andy Rath [MVP Exchange]" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> Hi,
> >> >>
> >> >> "xmis1" <xmis1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >> >> news:6FCB9C1E-1D51-4FCA-9F82-6A3B85DFB510@microsoft.com...
> >> >> > Hello,
> >> >> >
> >> >> > We have exchange 2003. We restored our PUB folder database to a
> >> >> > recovery
> >> >> > server (separe forest). We are able to mount the database but how 
> >> >> > can
> >> >> > we
> >> >> > acess it. We know exmerge will not work in this case and we tried
> >> >> > installing
> >> >> > outlook client but we can only see the default Public folder 
> >> >> > database.
> >> >>
> >> >> directly with powercontrolls ($$). Very quick, but not for free.
> >> >> There´s a new tool called legacydn. It will help you to change things
> >> >> like
> >> >> wrong Servername, Admingroupname aso. Be sure to have the same
> >> >> servicepack
> >> >> installed. So you´ll see in Eventlog what doesn´t match.
> >> >>
> >> >> good old method will be to install a server, with same name, AD (same
> >> >> Orgname), Exchange (with all the same names..) and mount the database.
> >> >> You
> >> >> may have some fun with eseutil inbetween, but after this you´ll be 
> >> >> able
> >> >> to
> >> >> run exmerge and get back the data. So it´s quite similar to 2nd 
> >> >> method.
> >> >> Always take a look in the eventlog to see what´s wrong.
> >> >>
> >> >> cheers,
> >> >> Andy
> >> >>
> >> >> > Thanks in advance
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
PLAGOOMS (21)
3/13/2006 1:11:27 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Issues after moving CRM SQL DB to new Server
I recently moved our CRM SQL DB's to a new server, and that was done according to the IG...only to find out after that there's a completely different set of to do's in the artcile 861115 from the mbs site. Long story short I had to use deployment mgr to point CRM back to the old SQL box, which also runs CRM. Things are about 95% back to normal, except for the fact that we know have to give users local admin rights on the CRM/SQL box in order for them to do certain functions like attach docs to emails, change literature, etc. Any thoughts on why? When we remove the rights the...

Moving "Exchange Domain Servers" group to other OU?
Exchange 2003+SP1 If move "Exchange Domain Servers" group from Default User contaniner to other OU that was defined for Admin services users and workstations, exchange 2003 freeze at "Applying computer setting" when it restarts. If move this group back to User container, then exch2003 restarts ok. does anyone have an idea about it? Thanks got KB260914 for the event ID:9157, however, it just mentioned the installation of Exch2003 with same problem. Gary "Mike" wrote: > Hi Gary, > > I moved the Exchange groups from the default container and ended...

Public Folders "offline"
Hello, We use Exchange 2k3 with Outlook 2k3. The "Exchange Cached mode" is AWESOME. However, it doesn't seem to be working with Public Folders offline? Do I need to do anything special to mark those folders as available offline? Thanks, Troy Hi Troy, From Outlook, you need to add specific Public Folders to your Favorites. Right click the PF and then click Add to Favorties. Now modify Send/Receive Settings. In the Folder Options list, expand Public Folders, then expand Favorites. Select the folders from your Favorites list that you want to make available offline. HTH, K...

Howto optimize XSL transformations (reuse compilations) on a web server?
Hi, I have a web server application (C#) which I would like to speed up a little. I would appriciate a discussion of design principles for a specific optimization scenario described below. My web server process every request by building a XML structure containing both application data, data from the database (or another system), and presentation data, describing how to present the application data in the GUI. Then the web server transform this XML-document to HTML with a XSL document. The XSL file actually consists of 1 main XSL with include statements to 24 other XSL files, so it's quit...

cannot open messages in folder, low memory, low disk space
Hi Everyone, I am getting this message on a few folders at present. Having looked online for a solution I have tried the following: - renaming the outbox.dbx to outbox.old, allowing a new one to be built then deleting the original - searching the mailstore for files that do not belong there - renaming/deleting the dbx file for that particular account but I get access denied. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Gordon Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. He...

Server Failure 131: A server failure occurred while attempting to.
I get the following error message every time I try to open Manager or POS and it doesn't allow me to continue. "Server Failure 131: A server failure occurred while attempting to read the current batch." Any idea on how to fix this? I use version 1.2. Thanks a lot. You probably have a problem with tender types. Have you been running any SQL Statements? There may be a Knowledge Base article on Customer Source regarding this, but you should probably either seek help from your reseller or open a support incident with MS. This is pretty deep into the RMS weeds. Is this happe...

Manually run message rules on the server
Hi, Is there a way to run message rules (created by the end-user on Outlook) on the server, say on a daily basis ? The reason is that that person has ~50 rules, moving all incoming messages from his inbox to specific folders. Since he now owns a BES-enabled BlackBerry, these rules prevent him from getting his emails onto his handheld. The idea would be to run all the rules once a day, on his behalf, on the server. Exchange 2007 SP1 Thanks Christian Some rules, like moving messages to another folder in the same mailbox, will run server-side by default, depending on how they're create...

Blackberry Professional Server Express on SBS2k3 R2
I have a client who wishes to install Blackbery Professional Server Express on an SBS 2003 R2 box. I told him that my inclination was that it was in his best interest to install Blackberry Server Express on a separate server. He is pushing to the contrary based on Blackberry's minimal requirements. Does anyone have any experience installing Blackberry Professional Express in this type of one server environment? Are there any caveats? I am concerned with overehead from the Blackberry software and compatability issues with installed Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchan...

Public Folders #15
Is it possible to assign tasks from a public folder in Exchange 2003? I do not believe you can. On Tue, 18 May 2004 10:36:14 -0700, "NIC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to assign tasks from a public folder in >Exchange 2003? ...

icon picture on server log in on Win7
I have this one site I go to which pops up a window that says windows security and has a place for me to sign in with name and password. It has this icon in the window next to the sign in of a flower. It is the same type of icon that is used in the user accounts but I am using my own so it isn't the same. I would love to get something a little more to my liking instead of the icon of a flower but I have checked everyplace I can think of including everything on the control panel but no luck. Is there a way of changing this? Daves, The "flower" is the curren...

My Pictures folder
I am trying to help someone who is using Internet Explorer 8, Windows XP Pro. but when they click on "My Pictures" it does not show the images in the folder, but only the URLs of the images. How can that be changed so it will show the images in the My Pictures folder? Thanks James On 5/14/2010 9:52 PM, James wrote: > I am trying to help someone who is using Internet Explorer 8, Windows > XP Pro. but when they click on "My Pictures" it does not show the > images in the folder, but only the URLs of the images. How can that be > changed so it will show...

Win Live mail does not delete mails on server after emptying "deleted items" folder?
Hi. We're using wlm as a mail client at the office and we set all the clients to leave the messages on server. Only one client is set to remove from the server after deleting from deleted items. This method once used to work but now it does not. We have to empty our inbox via the host's web mail application. What should we do, what is wrong with wlm? Should we use another mail client? Thank you in advance for your suggestions. -- australis Support for Windows Live Essential applications and Live Services is available in the Windows Live Solution Center Windows Live ...

Public Folder problems
Situation is as follows: Server1 in parent domain has a single SMTP Connector for internet bound email and incoming email. Server1 is member of RoutingGroup1 Server2 in the child domain is member of RoutingGroup2. Both Routing Groups are connected by a Routing Group connector. Mail between all users mailboxes flows without a problem We have the following issues: Issue 1: Public Folder replication only works one-way: from Server1 to Server2 Issue 2: Users canot send emails to mail-enabled public folders in the other routing group. If they try this, the emails get stuck in the Local Delivery...

Disaster Recovery to alternate server
We have a Disaster Recovery server at our business resumption site. The server can have the same name but the IP will be different. I have read all about restoring system state, etc.. and restoring Exchange. What we would like to do is not have not have same name/ip. Any ideas??? Thanks Joe What version of Exchange? If it is Exchange 2003, then you can do this via the Recovery Storage Group functionality. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP <nvtressler@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1104786315.048184.237060@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > We have a Disaster Recovery server at...

Public folders on Exchange 5.5
How do I secure public folder creation in Exchange 5.5. We only want certain people to be able to create public folders. ...

Server Error
Since applying service pack 3 on Office XP, I get a "server permanently rejected" error. What can be causing this? How can I fix it? John, Can you please reply back with the exact/verbatim error message ? -- Thank you! Sincerely, Chris Lineback, MCSE Microsoft Enterprise Messaging Support - Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. -This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "John" <john.marthe@colorado.edu> wrote in message news:2c5e01c4286d$d8048e20$a301280a@phx.gb...

How to restore Archived files/folder in Outlook 2003?
I wish to read some old E-mail that has been archived and after reading the MS help on the subject, I am not sure how to best do this, I don't wish to permanently restore all the previous e-mail or damage the present list. TIA Peter S. Then you can't. There is no "read acrchive" feature. You have to import the archive. "LPS-AU" <lps_softw@westnet.com.au> wrote in message news:%23rb4KrMVIHA.4140@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I wish to read some old E-mail that has been archived and after reading the >MS help on the subject, I am not sure how to be...

Can't create folder in Outlook but can on OWA
Ever since we got this Exchange 2007, I can't create a new folder in Outlook 2003. Using a tip from an ancient thread on this group, I am able to create new folders in OWA. Seems very strange. I now tell others to do the same thing. I'd rather create mailboxes in Outlook. Any help please? Thanks ...

do you have to have a server to use outlook for yahoo mail?
can i use outlook for yahoo mail? i do not have a server. if i can how do i set it up? i am at a loss any responce would be helpful. Have you checked Yahoo! help for mail problems? Using Yahoo with Outlook requires their premium service, btw. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, rick asked: | can i use outlook for yahoo mail? i do not have a server. if i can | how do i set it up? i am at a loss any responce would be h...

GroupShield 6.0 for Exchange Server 2003
Where can I obtain or download the GroupShield 6.0 for Exchange Installation Guide and Configuration Guide? I can't find it in www.nai.com... Thanks in Advance. https://mysupport.nai.com/DocsFAQs/docs.asp ?? On 11 Nov 2004 11:15:46 -0800, oeforero@hotmail.com (carpathia) wrote: >Where can I obtain or download the GroupShield 6.0 for Exchange >Installation Guide and Configuration Guide? > >I can't find it in www.nai.com... > >Thanks in Advance. Andy, I found it where you said, thank you very much from Colombia. Andy David - Exchange MVP <adavid@pleasekeepi...

plotarea restore automatic sizing
Hi, the plotarea of a new chart is getting smaller, when a Title, legend or axis labels is added. When removing these items, the plotarea is automatically widen to the former size. But if the size of the plotarea was changed manually, the automatic sizing doesn't work any more. Is it possible to restore the automatic sizing of the plotarea? What VBA property contains the information, if the automatic sizing is working or not? Werner I think the only way to restore this behavior is to reapply the default formatting of the chart. In 2003, select the chart, go to Chart menu > ...

microsoft's email servers
How do large companies like microsoft or cisco handle using @microsoft.com for all their remote locations ? microsoft.com can only point to one IP address so does that mean that all email is handled in one location ? Or do they use some kind of router to redirect mail to other server ? Does exchange have a feature that allows multiple sites to use the same domain name ? multiple gateways microsoft.com MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mailc.microsoft.com microsoft.com MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = maila.microsoft.com microsoft.com MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mai...

What is folder OLK7 and where can I find it?
When saving Excel files I received from an e-mail, rather than being directed to my "My Documents" folder, they are directed to this strange folder: OLK7. I don't know what this folder is and, once anything is saved to this folder, it is lost forever, because this folder CANNOT be located. I can save files to it, but I cannot find it and therefore cannot retrieve any files from it. What is this folder and why, when I receive excell files from an e-mail is it automatically saved to this folder that doesn't exist on my computer. Any help would be appreciated! Thank-...

Scond Exchange Server, recieiving 'No such domain at this location' messages.
Hello, This should be a simple one for someone out there. I just brought a second Exchange 2003 server online and moved a couple of mailboxes to the new server (mine is one of them). I can no longer send email to external email addresses. When I do, I recieve the following error message.... external.address@domain.com on 3/28/2007 10:28 AM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <newserver.internaldomain.local #5.5.0 smtp;550 <external.address@domain.com>: Recipient address ...

Public Folders EXC 2003
I have a problem with emailing a public folder. Any help would be appreciated. setup: AD 2003 Native, EXC 2003/SP2 native, Clustering, active/active node1 and node2. My mailbox is on node1 and I can send an email to a public folder. If I use a mailbox from node2, it will act like it goes but never shows up. You can't run both nodes with a replica of the public folders so I have a front end with a replica on it. Node2 store is looking at node1 as far as public folders go. Can anyone help or tell me where some log files are that would help me see where or if the email is going or not....