Resource management application

Hi,
I guess this has been asked before, but wondering if anyone can recommend a
Resource management ( ex : Conference rooms or Projectors ) product ( 3rd
party ) for Exchange
2003 SP2...

A client of mine is migrating from 5.5 to 2003, and they were using an
in-house script with 5.5, but it's messy and hard to maintain...

I know Microsoft has the new auto-accept agent tool, but we need a bit more
functionality and
want to manage 50 to 100 conference rooms..

Thanks very much !

0
thinkpad21 (78)

Swinc's ERM?

http://www.swinc.com/products/erm/

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

"Thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I guess this has been asked before, but wondering if anyone can recommend
> Resource management ( ex : Conference rooms or Projectors ) product ( 3rd
> party ) for Exchange
> 2003 SP2...
>
> A client of mine is migrating from 5.5 to 2003, and they were using an
> in-house script with 5.5, but it's messy and hard to maintain...
>
> I know Microsoft has the new auto-accept agent tool, but we need a bit
> more functionality and
> want to manage 50 to 100 conference rooms..
>
> Thanks very much !

0
neil.hobson (1158)

Managing Users in Exchange
Is there a way to create a custom mmc to allow my user administrators the ability to manage exchange users without having the ESM tools on their machines? "Bad Beagle" <maxwelli@shaw.ca> wrote: >Is there a way to create a custom mmc to allow my user administrators the >ability to manage exchange users without having the ESM tools on their >machines? Use Terminal Server? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm There really isn't. Unless you have installed the tools, the DLL's necessary to exte...

resource scheduling
I am looking for a way to do "Resource Scheduling" i.e. Room reservations, resource reservations for a local school. What we would like is something where an online calendar can be viewed for availability, and possibly reservations made by only one party. I know this may take some doing, but I thought I'd throw out my request just to see if someone has had some experience. The bright side is all clients are on outlook 2000 and up. Thanks. John... It doesn't sound like you're using Exchange server...Exchange would make it very easy to do what you're asking, bu...

Managing Outlook archives (PSts)?
How are you guys managing your large Outlook (2k3, 2k7) email archives? We've had an Exchange back end for about five years now, and many of our users archive PSTs are in excess of 6 Gig in size. MS says max should be 2 Gig, and none of the tools I've seen can do anything with the larger PSTs. How do you guys manage your huge archives? Saying "better management" isn't a solution, because as attorneys they are required by law to keep seven years of client communications, and don't have the time or inclination to micro-manage all of their emails into doz...

Creating a CFormView application produces errors
Using Visual Studio.Net 2003 I have created a C++ MFC application with Single Document Interface and Document/View support, and have changed the base class for the derived View class to CFormView. All other settings are their defaults. When I compile the source code generated, I get an error stating that the base class CRichEditCntrItem is undefined in the declaration of the CRichEditCntrItem derived class. According to the Help, CRichEditCntrItem requires the header afxrich.h If I add this include into the stdafx.H file and recompile, I get a syntax error in the constructor for the CRic...

Manage Customer and Supplier
Hello Everyone, I am trying to decide if I should build a new entity to track our organizations supplier or use the Account entity to track both. The data that we track for our customers and suppliers have similarities, but in general are very different. I need to be able to associate Contacts to my Suppliers. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. R/ A.Akin Its upto you , you can use picklist on existing account entity and add values : Type = Customer = Supplier In Active Account view , you can inculde this column "Type", so everyone in your organization ...

Managing Exchange 2000 with 2003 MMC System Management Tools
Hello, I am currently setting up a Windows 2003 Terminal Server with It management applications, but I found out that Exchange 2000 Systems Management Tools can't be installed on Windows 2003. So I was curious; can you use Exchange 2003 MMC Snapins against a Exchange 2000 server? If so, are there any gotcha's? OR Is it possible to install Exchanage 2000 System Management Tool on a Windows 2003 server - Is there like a work around on this? Help is appreciated. Thanks! I have been using Exchange 2003's ESM MMC snap-in to manage Exchange 2000 servers for some time and I hav...

Comments entered on Task Updates to Manager: Where does it get sto
There is a checkbox option on the My Tasks page for team members to select and send comments about task updates to their managers. Anyone know where these task comments can be reviewed other than when the PM opens it up to approve? It does not seem to be retained anywhere like the Notes get retained. Hi Kahuna, PM can see the comments with Approvals -> Task Updates -> Go To -> Applied Requests and Errors, clicking on the task name. The approval history is listed there including comments. A team member can see them with clicking in the task name in 'My Tasks&#...

yet another resource editting thread
I need to edit resources at runtime (i.e. the string table, menus, and dialog control sizes). I would like to use the BeginUpdateResource, UpdateResource, and EndUpdateResource functions. One of the problems I have is this: If I load the menu from file with FindResource, LoadResource, LockResource, I have the binary menu data, and I can't really manipulate raw binary. If I load the menu with LoadMenu, i have a CMenu, that I can change but I don't know how to convert the final menu back to binary data that I would update with the UpdateResource command. So, how do you update? Another...

Cannot edit COst field in HQ Manager all of a sudden
Hi, RMS 2.0 at HQ. All of sudden I cannot edit cost field for the item using HQ Manager. All other fields remain editable. No security set and I believe nothing has changed in the setup from yesterday when I could edit the cost. Ideas and clues would be very welcome and helpful Thanks Dan Are you using the 'average cost at HQ' feature? If so, then you can only change costs with WS302 or by receiving goods at the new cost and waiting for WS401 to average them for you. You should still be able to edit the reorder cost. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "dan" wro...

Views not able to read resource.h
Hi, I've got a project (VC++ 6.0) with several views and dialogs. Tey were created with the dialog editor just as it should be, got an ID in resource.h (like IDD_DLGOBJEKTE), got a class attached to them; everything seemed fine. Now, after some months in coding, the views started not to be able to read resource.h as it seems. There is a line in every of the view-classes: "enum { IDD = IDD_ANYNAME };". The IDD_ANYNAME variable is corretly defined in resource.h. Nevertheless the compiler seems not to be able to resolve the constant's name to its value. When I manually do so (...

Exchange Mailbox Manager
Trying to find out if the mailbox manager policies applies to user created folders inside the Inbox, Sent Items, etc... In Exchange 5.5 it didn't or there was a way to exclude subfolders. For example if I have a folder Inbox\Test I don't want the mailbox manager to scan the \Test folder I only want it to scan the root of the Inbox. Can this be done? ...

CFileDialog causes application to Hang on Windows 2000
I have developed an application using VC 7.1. In this application a call to CFileDialog::DoModal() causes the application to hang and never return. It happens on random machines. I have tested it on different machines and it doesn't hang on some of the machines but it hangs on others. After debugging I've found that the application hangs on a call to GetSaveFileName() function within the DoModal function. What is the reason for it and whats the work around? Thanks, Faisal You may need to provide more info, context of how the code is called, what parameters you pass in, where the...

Include debtor ID on service call management tech queue enquiry
In Enquiry - Service call Management - Tech Queue, you can expand the data in tree-view format. At the lowest level on a service call you can see details including the debtor name. It would be very helpful to include the debtor ID here. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

Scheduling Resources in Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel In Outlook w/ an exchange server there is an extra dialog box when scheduling invitees to a meeting that allows you to schedule "Resources" (e.g. - a conference room). Where is this function in Entourage? ...

Manage Personal Folders
Hello, can you tell me what is the best way to manage Personal Folders? Can you recomend any software? Thank You, Miguel Hi Miguel, for what you need a software to manage your personal folder? you have your brain and outlook! -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Miguel Dias Moura" <web001@27NOSPAMlamps.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OkYa#sTaEHA.2388@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > can you tell me what is the best way to manage Personal Folders? > Can you recomend any software? > > Thank You, >...

MDI
Hello, I'm fairly new to the MFC world and recently have a very large project that requires me to use MFC with MDI. The project calls for me to use a static library that delivers different data to the application as a singleton. The application needs to be able to pass the correct data to the correct child windows to which there could be many of the same doc/view only made different by the variables set by the user. I feel like I almost understand how the Doc/View architecture works, but my problem is that I can't find any good sources that explain how to route information to speci...

Setting Up a Resource Calendar
I am a new Exchange Admin. and am looking for information on how to setup a Resource Calendar in Exchange that all users can schedule (ie. conference room). I want this resource to be able to respond to meeting requests and decline conflicts. -- Thanks, justinf Hi Justin You can use the AutoAccept agent, here is a link that will provide you will all the information about setting it up: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/autoaccpt.mspx Hope this helps -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

The specified image file did not contain a resource section
I've got 1812 (The specified image file did not contain a resource section) error using GetLastError(). My dialog won't show up. Why? How about a small hint as to what code you are using that is causing this error? "Miki Peric" <blah@ccc.com> wrote in message news:%23XFDXepXEHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > I've got 1812 (The specified image file did not contain a resource > section) error using GetLastError(). My dialog won't show up. Why? > > > How about a small hint as to what code you are using that is causing this > ...

Protecting Application by Admin Password.
Hi All, How I can Protect my Mfc application by asking for Admin Password/ Username? Is there any API to do this? Any Samples will be of great Help. Thanks in Advance. Prash What's the purpose of that? Arbitrary applications should NOT ask for admin username/password, it's not their business. Only LSA should get them. <prashanthaputta@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:1172392260.217834.127740@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > How I can Protect my Mfc application by asking for Admin Password/ > Username? Is there any API to do this? > > An...

Help need for .net assembly in Workflow manager
A simple code (given below) creates a task thro' .net assembly . I invoked this code via console application & found that it is running fine. It is creating task in CRM successfully. The problem is : when I included it in Work flow manager, it displays that "task completed" in workflow monitor but it is not creating a task in CRM . using System; using System.IO; using TaskCreation.CRMWeb; namespace TaskCreation { /// <summary> /// Summary description for Class1. /// </summary> public class Class1 { public Class1() { // // TODO: Add construc...

A light weight remot application manageability
Hi, I'm developing an mfc app that will run 24x7 and will be installed potentially in hundreds of remote locations. I need to come up with a way for the app to report its status back to a management app (yet to be written). I was thinking of developing the management app as a Web app in C#/.NET. The basic idea would be for the remote app (or its selected threads) to 'ping' the Web server (via POST, Web service, etc.) and send error and special event descriptions on a regular basis. Our IT guys would connect to a Web page to view status of the remote apps. The remote apps wil...

Outlook 2000 internal application error
Hello I have a list of subfolders in my Contacts in Outlook. Because folders can't sync with my PDA, I duplicate all the contacts in one long list under the main Contacts folder. When I update a contact in a sub folder then copy it to the main Contacts folder, I often receive an internal application error. This results is the updated information not going across or a duplicate contact being created. Does anyone know why this is happening? Thanks -- Many thanks JD ...

Set Application Page permissions in WSS 3.0
Example: Using the HelpDesk template, how can I apply permissions to Service Rep and Mgr Home pages? TIA! -JS ...

All Office Applications (except Entourage) will not open
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I keep getting this error message when I open PPT, Word or XL. I have removed the previous install, rebooted, reinstalled (three times!) and still not luck. Help! Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-06-25 13:49:50 -0400 Application Name: Microsoft Word Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Word Application Signature: MSWD Application Version: 12.1.6.090218 Crashed Module Name: MicrosoftOLE Crashed Module Version: unknown Crashed Module Offset: 0x000076a...

Money 2007 Premium Application Error
Hi, I started getting an application error while in Money and now can't get into it at all. I get error message unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occurred in the application at 0x7813e792. I've uninstalled the application then reinstalled it using the CD an I get the error message. It occurs after entering my passowrd when the Home page is displayed. Any thoughts? -- John ...