Required OS for Exchange 2007

I have installed Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise 32 bit x64.  When I try to run
Exchange 2007, I receive "the image file setup.exe is valid but is for a
machine type other than the current machine".  Any idea?

0
Xeon (13)

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 22:52:43 -0800, "Xeon" <Xeon@donotemailme.com>
wrote:

>I have installed Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise 32 bit x64.  When I try to run
>Exchange 2007, I receive "the image file setup.exe is valid but is for a
>machine type other than the current machine".  Any idea?

So you arent using the 64 bit version of Windows?

0
adavid (8731)
3/3/2007 3:00:39 PM
No.  It's 32 bit x64.  I believe it's called 32 bit with 64 bit extension.

"Andy David {MVP}" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 22:52:43 -0800, "Xeon" <Xeon@donotemailme.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I have installed Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise 32 bit x64.  When I try to run
>>Exchange 2007, I receive "the image file setup.exe is valid but is for a
>>machine type other than the current machine".  Any idea?
>>

> So you arent using the 64 bit version of Windows?

0
Xeon (13)
3/3/2007 3:55:29 PM
On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 07:55:29 -0800, "Xeon" <Xeon@donotemailme.com>
wrote:

>No.  It's 32 bit x64.  I believe it's called 32 bit with 64 bit extension.

To run the production level version of Exchange 2007, you need to use
Windows Server 2003 x64 or  Server 2003 R2 x64.

You can use the 32 bit O/S for the Mgmt tools or the eval version of
Exch 2007.

>"Andy David {MVP}" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 22:52:43 -0800, "Xeon" <Xeon@donotemailme.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I have installed Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise 32 bit x64.  When I try to run
>>>Exchange 2007, I receive "the image file setup.exe is valid but is for a
>>>machine type other than the current machine".  Any idea?
>>>

>> So you arent using the 64 bit version of Windows?

0
adavid (8731)
3/3/2007 4:20:01 PM
x64 Windows is required. There is something for x86 (32-bit) for trial.

"Xeon" <Xeon@donotemailme.com> wrote in message
>I have installed Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise 32 bit x64.  When I try to run
>Exchange 2007, I receive "the image file setup.exe is valid but is for a
>machine type other than the current machine".  Any idea?

0
exchange.mvp (559)

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Office 2007 forms

Outlook 2007 addresses
How can I find the list of addresses I have sent emails to? When you start a new email you can put a letter in the To line and list will come up. Where is that list? How can I print it out? Thanks Matt that is the autocomplete cache. You would need a utility to print it out. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040621.htm http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Out...

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

OS version
Hi, I use GetVersionEx to check if the OS version is W95. This is the code I use: BOOL boW95 = FALSE; OSVERSIONINFOEX ovi; ZeroMemory(&ovi, sizeof(OSVERSIONINFOEX)); ovi.dwOSVersionInfoSize = sizeof(OSVERSIONINFOEX); if(!GetVersionEx((OSVERSIONINFO*)&ovi)) { ovi.dwOSVersionInfoSize = sizeof(OSVERSIONINFO); GetVersionEx((OSVERSIONINFO*)&ovi); } if(ovi.dwPlatformId = VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_WINDOWS && ovi.dwMajorVersion == 4 && ovi.dwMinorVersion == 0) { boW95 = TRUE; } I run that code and boW95 is set to TRUE on a PC with version XP. I tried on 2 machi...

Moving Exchange #5

Backing Up Exchange Database

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

What is the technical reason for native mode requirement of the domain?
.... what is the technical reason, why CRM can only be installed in a domain in native mode? Regards, Thomas Hello, It's for supporting group nesting which is used in MS CRM. IMO and as far as I know, it is the only reason for the native AD requirement. HTH. Nicolas >-----Original Message----- >.... what is the technical reason, why CRM can only be installed in a domain >in native mode? > >Regards, >Thomas > > >. > Nicolas Hognon wrote: [...] > It's for supporting group nesting which is used in MS CRM. > > IMO and as far as I know, it i...

Troubleshooting Exchange
I'm just wanting to write some 'proof of concept' scripts relating to Exchange that would help in troubleshooting any issues. Like the Exchange connections/second, etc. Are there any other qualitative data that can be used in general troubleshooting? Marco ...

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

Outlook, Palm Pilot, and Exchange Server
I'm using Outlook with an Exchange Server (2000 Small Business). I installed the software for the Palm Pilot and now it prompts with a dialog box for the user to chose the following when they reply, forward or reply to all on an e-mail message. A Program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Allow access for (if you check the box) it gives 1, 2, 5 and 10 minutes. If you say no it lets you reply, forward, and reply to all. This is a nuisance more than ...

Migrating Exchange servers
We are in the process of migrating to a new exchange server. The issue we are having is transfering the user's outlook (xp, 2k) address book/contact list to the new server without manually having to log into everyone's computer and pointing their address books to the new server. Is there a way to do this authomatically server-side? You're moving the mailboxes, right? The user's "address book" is the Contacts folder in the mailbox. So, there's nothing extra to move. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...

Share Calender in Outlook 2007
In our organization, we have changed the the default data file path. This makes the "Share a Calender" option disappear. First of all, is there any anything to work around this? Secondly, if there is nothing that can be done in the above case, I tried sharing the calender by publishing it in Office Online. Apparently the calender is shared but when I sent it to my colleague's work e-mail address, he is unable to access it. It asks for authentication and cannot contact the web server when he enters his credentials. How to make this work? I don't want to go sharing my W...

Excel 2007 Line Chart
Hello, Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have the periods: Jan with the value 1000 Feb with the value 900 March with the value 500 April with the value 0 May with the value 0 June with the value 0 I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly to zero then the line is straight across to April. I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas? Thanks, Brett On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDu...

upgrading from Access 97 to Access 2007
I designed a database (forms, reports, et al) several years ago in Access 97 and it continues to work well. I've just received a MS Office Professional 2007 and wonder if it is time to migrate my data into the new program. I've attempted two or three times to do this in Access 2002 and I keep getting error messages along the line of "...corrupted file..cannot be opened by Access 2002 (or some such message)..." The help radio button opens up a box which suggests I do some programming in Virtual Basic to perform my transfer task. The easy way out, of course, is to sti...

IMAP address on exchange sever #2