requesting data from server

Hi all,

I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on an Windows 2000 server.
My particular machine runs Outlook 2002 on Windows 2000
OS.  I have begun experiencing problems when deleting or
opening read receipts and some email.  I get a pop up
message of "requesting data from the exchange server".

Several others, but not all, clients have begun
experiencing a time delay in opening their email as well.

My problem seems to be mainly on deleting or opening read
receipts.  Once the item has been opened, I have no more
problems and can open and close that same message without
a delay.

What is causing this message to appear on read receipts,
and how do I fix it?
0
anonymous (74722)

Have a look to see if that user has Instant Messaging enabled. Have a look
at 824118 "Outlook Is Retrieving Data" Error Message Received Repeatedly
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=824118
Does the ipconfig/all from that machine show that everything is pointing to
the server-IP?

Marina

"joann" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi all,
>
> I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on an Windows 2000 server.
> My particular machine runs Outlook 2002 on Windows 2000
> OS.  I have begun experiencing problems when deleting or
> opening read receipts and some email.  I get a pop up
> message of "requesting data from the exchange server".
>
> Several others, but not all, clients have begun
> experiencing a time delay in opening their email as well.
>
> My problem seems to be mainly on deleting or opening read
> receipts.  Once the item has been opened, I have no more
> problems and can open and close that same message without
> a delay.
>
> What is causing this message to appear on read receipts,
> and how do I fix it?

0
marina (36)
12/18/2003 10:44:04 PM
That KB article applies to off-line use.   This machine is
online, does not have instant messaging enabled, is in an
internal networked environment, and we run our own
exchange server.  The error message is "requesting data
from the exchange server".

The exchange server has Norton for Microsoft Exchange
running on it, and we also run Symantec Gateway Filter for
Gateways installed on another machine.  Our email is first
routed through the gateway filter to strip unwanted
attachments and spam, and then forwarded to our exchange
server.  I have disabled file scanning of the edb files on
by real time protection on the exchange server thinking
that may have been causing the problem, also tried
enabling "scan attachments in store background" and
increasing the Exchange client retry delay from 5,000 to
10,000 on the Gateway filter, but this didn't make a
difference either.

I'm out of ideas, any other suggestions?

0
anonymous (74722)

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Relay from unstruted server