Reporting Exchange User Activity

Hi,

I am looking for a means (3rd Party recommendations welcome) on how to get
the following information from our Exchange server.  The "client" list of
domains may be up to 500 domain names.

How many emails per day are sent by our company to its clients?
How many emails per day are received by our company to its clients?

How many emails per day are sent by a specified department to our clients?
How many emails per day are received by a specified department from our
clients?

How many emails per day are sent by an individual to our clients?

Thanks

0
markj (32)

Promodag: http://www.promodag.com/
Quest MessageStats: http://www.quest.com/messagestats/

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"markj" <markj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a means (3rd Party recommendations welcome) on how to get
> the following information from our Exchange server.  The "client" list of
> domains may be up to 500 domain names.
>
> How many emails per day are sent by our company to its clients?
> How many emails per day are received by our company to its clients?
>
> How many emails per day are sent by a specified department to our clients?
> How many emails per day are received by a specified department from our
> clients?
>
> How many emails per day are sent by an individual to our clients?
>
> Thanks

0
bharat3597 (1006)
1/24/2007 6:55:23 AM
If you are using MOM then you can create a custom report which would
send emails daily/weekly with all the stats you need.

In article <78BCC297-06E3-4861-8235-E78D93D5EC32@microsoft.com>,
markj@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a means (3rd Party recommendations welcome) on how to get
> the following information from our Exchange server.  The "client" list of
> domains may be up to 500 domain names.
>
> How many emails per day are sent by our company to its clients?
> How many emails per day are received by our company to its clients?
>
> How many emails per day are sent by a specified department to our clients?
> How many emails per day are received by a specified department from our
> clients?
>
> How many emails per day are sent by an individual to our clients?

GFI Mail Essentials will clean up spam and also provide user
communications - we use it to determine what people are abusing company
policy as it shows number in/out, subject, and who to/from and
date/time.

You can still get the GFI Mail Security (AV) and GFI Mail Essentials
(Spam) in a bundle cheaper than most other solutions.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

automaticaly create a variable sized table from user input
Hi, How can I user data input to a cell by a user to create a table with that number of rows. eg. User enters 1024 in B2 165 in B3 12.5 in B4 A10 would contain 1, B10 would contain =B3+(A10*$B$4) A11 would contain 2, B11 would contain =B3+(A11*$B$4) etc to 1024 The user entered number in B2 could be any whole number between 1 and 1024 Thanks, Iain I could make this better but other things to do right now so try this. Uncomment the last line to remove the formula and just leave the values. Sub makeformula() Range("a10") = 1 Range("b10").Formula = "=B3+(A10*$B$4)...

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Removing multiple users from Outlook

open two different Access reports

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Viewing Active Tasks in the Outlook Today View
I really like the Outlook Today view, as it lists upcoming appointments, emails, tasks, etc. However, I can not get it to show my active tasks that have started but are due at a later time (not today). Outlook today will show my active tasks that are due today, but it just won't show tasks that, for example, are due tomorrow. This is bothersome because I want it to show all active tasks, and not just ones that are due today. Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated! There are a couple of options associated with Task showing and sorting, have you checked via the customize...

Microsoft Exchange Server

Input to custom reports

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

isinteg reports configuring tstmgr failed : ecBadVersion
we have lost our mail after NAV did it's worst. have performed eseutil /p and /d as suggested elsewhere now get error from isinteg help please Update - have now sorted this thanks ...

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

Crystal Report Launch 2
(sorry to repost this thread, but this was too old and I got no respones!) Can anyone explain this better? I can't find any documentation about this.........and techknowledge seems to be useless: http://www.greatplains.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=28987&code=7842 can anyone show an example? I tried looking at the url of a report (almost a mile long!) and I indeed saw the paramters I put, but when I try to reopen that url in another browser I get this error: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. File 7c433cc1d949d16.rpt. any help would be greatly ...

Exchange database forensic
I would like to know if I can with vbscript, and WMI access an exchange database and search for a specific string in either the subject field or the body? I would also like to know if I use exmerge to extract to a PST then use a script or command line tool to find a string in the message of subject or in the body I would also be interested in third party software vendors that can offer this functionality Please include a link if one is available for reference Thank you, John You might want to see if exmerge alone will do what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328202/en-u...

Re-enabled user account cannot log in
In trying to troubleshoot and issue in CRM where I had multiple user accounts for a single ADUC user, I tried disabling and re-enabling a user's account. But even after re-enabling the account the user cannot log in now. The error message says that it is disallowed when he tries to browse to the CRM server. Please help, I need to get this user account working again asap. Joel ...