Report Mailbox Permissions

Hello,

I am administering a new Exchange 2003 server. I need to create a
report on the mailbox permissions that are currently in place. I want
to report the mailbox permissions as assigned in ESM as well as through
the outlook client. I have a script that reports user information from
active directory, but I didn't see any properties for exchange that
were what I'm looking for. Ideally I would get a list of permissions
like:

ESM: Full Mailbox Access: <users who have this privelege>

Reviewer: <users who have this privelege>

Any ideas on this?

I looked at msExchSecurityDescriptor does this do what I need?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Is there any possibility to do this?

jporter188@hotmail.com wrote:

>I am administering a new Exchange 2003 server. I need to create a
>report on the mailbox permissions that are currently in place. I want
>to report the mailbox permissions as assigned in ESM as well as through
>the outlook client. I have a script that reports user information from
>active directory, but I didn't see any properties for exchange that
>were what I'm looking for. Ideally I would get a list of permissions
>like:
>
>ESM: Full Mailbox Access: <users who have this privelege>
>
>Reviewer: <users who have this privelege>
>
>Any ideas on this?

C2C Has a product that'll do this for ya:

http://www.c2c.com/site/products/esra_overview.asp

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Payroll Reports Setup
Currently when we post payroll checks, all the reports print to the printer. Where do I change that so that either I can only print the reports we need, or at least print them to the screen so I can skip them? Using version Great Plains 7.0 ...

Canned SRS Report Modification
Hello! Has anyone tried to modify any of the SRS Canned Reports for GP 10? We are wondering if you're able to change any of the reports to make them 'consolidated' across different companies. We have multiple companies in GP and would like you do consolidated reporting. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks! You can't make them consolidated reports without changing the data sources. You need to create views that combine the data from all the companies. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Marisol" wrote: > Hello! > > Has anyone tried to modify any of ...

Varying page Excel report
I have an Excel template in which I import data that is of varying records. Sometimes there are 3 records, sometimes there are 50 or 200 records. I do not know how to make a varying page Excel report. (For example, my clients sometimes want to see data on top 3 occupations, sometimes on top 50 occupations.) (The template is formatted, has headers, footers, a few links, works fine.) Using Excel 2002. Hi Judy- Perhaps I'm missing something, but there should not be any need for adjustment. The number of pages will be based on the number of records being printed as long as you have ...

Report Source
I have a big picture question regarding the recordsource of a report. In the past I setup a huge query and most reports run off this query. By huge, I mean the normalization is reversed and I have the text I need to display on the report and the number I need to filter it. I build a criteria string from the users selections in my unbound report form. The final command is this: DoCmd.OpenReport [Report], acViewNormal, , [Criteria] I guess my question is, is this the right way to do things? It seems to me the report output will get slower the more information is entered into the tables. ...

Management Reporter
New report writer - so now I have to use (2) columns to get a single balance sheet column. Adding one with Periodic/BB & one with Periodic (periods covered) which replaces the "0 to Base". Question is, how do is get the date to automatically show up on the calculated column? I get an error now when I try to use "@CalMonthLong @CalYear" & the column header will not reference one of the other columns. Appreciate the help. One additional piece of information, because you now have to use (2) columns, if you use any "it, then" logic, it d...

Report not executing code
I am running Access 2007, and have the following problem. In my report's load event, a have the following code: If Me.Controls("txtProofReq").Value = "NO" Then Me.Controls("lblProof").Visible = False Me.Controls("txtProofDate").Visible = False Me.Controls("txtProofTime").Visible = False Else Me.Controls("lblProof").Visible = True Me.Controls("txtProofDate").Visible = True Me.Controls("txtProofTime").Visible = True...

Export report info into Excel?
I have a report that I created and I am wondering if there is a way to export this easily into Excel? Thanks, CEV On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 12:20:57 -0500, CEV wrote: > I have a report that I created and I am wondering if there is a way to > export this easily into Excel? > > Thanks, > > CEV With your report displayed in Preview, (or simply select the report on the Main Database folder) click on the Office Links tool button (it's icon is a W) drop-down arrow and select Analyze it with Microsoft Excel. The Excel file will be placed in the My Documents folder. -- Fr...

giving mailbox rights
I guess what you are asking is can you give these rights without logging in as the user...Yep.Open the users properties and click on Exch advanced...mailbox rights...add the account you want to access the mailbox and click full mailbox access rights. If this person is a domain admin you will have to give the send as and receive as rights which is available on the security tab of the same user. To access the mailbox, the user given the rights has to add the mailbox to his/her outlook profile. I think that is tools...services...select exch server and click properties...click advanced and add ...

report not printing
I have a report with a header and detail section. In the past, it has functioned properly when I have (usually) faxed the report to its recipient. Now, for some unknown reason, I cannot fax the report, nor can I even print it to my local printer. My WinFax screen opens, and I enter appropriate info, but nothing gets faxed: or, the print dialogue screen opens, and I enter # of copies, etc., but nothing happens! Can anyone explain what might have gone wrong? (Note that IU have no problem printing other items from my Db, as well as other items from other apps on my pc.) Richard ...

Crystal reports report wizard problem
We are creating a new report in Crystal Reports using the Report Wizard. We are attempting to create a query that pulls records with particular values from a picklist field. For some odd reason, not all of the possible values are showing up as options in the select portion of the wizard. There are records with the corresponding values in the database. Does anyone have any ideas why this would happen? Thanks! Krista Krista I believe this is a crystal bug as I logged this as a support issue nearly a year ago. Its a weird one but basically the fix is to just enter the values directl...

System Manager - Public Folder Permissions
When I bring up the properties on a public folder in System Manager when I click on Client permissions I get the following error: An unknown error has occurred. ID no: 8004010f I can click on Admin rights with no problems. Any ideas? Thanks Dave Are you using System Manager on the server or on your workstation? If on your workstation, do you also have Outlook installed? If you have Outlook and ESM on the same machine, that could be the problem... Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Subscribing to Reports
Hi, Just wondering if someone might be able to assist; I am trying to setup my through reports http://crmserver/reports to subscribe to reports and have them email out to users automatically on specified days. When I do this I get the following repsonse when I click OK. "The current action cannot be completed because the user data source credentials that are required to execute this report are not stored in the report server database. (rsInvalidDataSourceCredentialSetting)" Hi: I have a "hands-on-lab" on this topic on my blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/jstrauman...

Permission error while migrating from Exchnage5.5 to exchange 2003
Hi Guys I have upgraded Windows NT 4. Domain to Windows 2003.The Upgrade is working smooth have two Exchange 5.5 Servers, Exchngsrv1 and Exchngsrv2 in the NT 4 domain installed on Windows NT 4.0 with Exchange Service packs.ExchngSRV1 is acting as a front end server and ExchngSRV2 is acting as a backend server has the information store on it. I installed Exchange 2003 on separate windows 2003 Server with the new Exchange organization name. I want to do inter organizational migration using Exchange migration Wizard. I am running the Exchange migration wizard with /m switch using (XCHADMIN...

Smart List to Report ( Transfer of Data)
Hi, We are working with GP 9.0. Is there any way out to transfer the data from smart list to a report. As then any modifications can be done on it. Any help most welcomed Thanks in advance. Asma ------=_NextPart_0001_46A15327 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Asma, as you know, with SmartList 9.0 you can print a report directly from the smartlist to the screen/print. However the report is generated on the fly based on what is visible in the smartlist and so you couldn't manipulate the report in Report Writer. Patrick mbs developer support Hi, We are ...

Mailbox access #5
I have a mailbox that needs to be checked by 2-3 people, is there away that I can see when and/or who did access the mailbox? Can I get a list of who did access this account and when? Thanks -- Nawar Aljanabi MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA What version of Exchange? -- Ed Crowley Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer support "Nawar75" <Nawar75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:404E46B9-7333-4B2D-B7ED-E964C87421C2@microsoft.com... >I have a mailbox that needs to be checked by 2-3 people, is there away that >I > can see when and/or who did ac...

Please help! How to restore Mailbox Store?
I could not upgrade Exchange Server 2003 BETA with the release version. I used ntbackup to back up the Mailbox Stores, and had to uninstall completely the beta version. I then installed the release version using Typical. I then used ntbackup to Restore the mailboxes. Everything looked great, all the mailboxes showed up when I remounted the store and clicked Refresh. The problem is the mailboxes aren't linked to the Active Directory user accounts. When I go to Properties->Exchange Tasks..., the only option is to Create Mailbox. Well, that makes an empty duplicate mailbox. When the ...

DW.EXE Reported as Spyware
This fille appears in my Money 2005 core files. File Properties claim it's from Microsoft but AdsGone says it's Spyware. What's the deal here? -- Scott In microsoft.public.money, Scott wrote: >This fille appears in my Money 2005 core files. File Properties claim it's >from Microsoft but AdsGone says it's Spyware. What's the deal here? I have such a file. (10/16/03 03:22 PM; 186,936 bytes) I suspect your AdsGone program is using an inadequate method identify spyware. Properties of a DW file (and there are many of them, including one in core XP, ...

Permission to view Service Calendar?
What permission do I need to set to allow people assigned a security role to view the Service Calendar? I want to be able to allow groups of people to view the entire calendar. All, The following can be used to add this ability to an existing Security Role: 1. Login as CRM System Administrator in Web Client 2. Navigate to Settings | Business Units | Security Roles 3. Click on Security Roles Icon 4. Double-click on the Security Role to change- this opens the form 5. Navigate to the Service Management tab 6. Make sure the all of the Calendar line items are set to the appropriate depth of pri...

Group of Data in report.chart
I have a series of data, eq: sales, region, selling(USD). How can I display a chart(report) of total selling of my sales per region (series)? (1 chart) On the same report I also want to have Sales and Selling data - group by region. thanks ...

best use for x,z and zz report
now we are using z report for end of day and zz report for end of month (x report just to get hard copy of inday sales) is thier a better or more usefull way to use this three reports? best reqards Hi Bacha11....you describe what most RMS users (I believe) do with the X, Z and ZZ reports - if you have multiple shifts (example a morning shift and a afternoon shift) on your registers you could use the X and Z reports for shift reporting and the ZZ for end of day (it will include both Z reports from both shifts) - other than that I think you're good to go.... "BACHA11" wrote:...

Creating an a report from an indivual record in a table
Hi all, I've been searching for an answer to my question for a while and have got more and more confused as to the best way to approach it...I am a total novice I'm afraid... I have an Access 2003 database set up with one table with a unique ID for each person and numerous other fields. I have set up forms to collect data (about 6 in all). What I would like to do is to be able select a unque ID and pull almost all the fields in the table associated with it into a report. I would do this for each person when required. I presume I would have to set up a query first but h...

EX55 Mailbox move error
I'm trying to move a mailbox between 5.5 postoffices, and receive an error message during the transfer. I've done various searches and can't find any mention of the error message anywhere. Anyone heard of it before? We're running EX44 on Win2K, EX SP4 on both sides. Error msg: Starts "Moving Folders belonging to our_user Ex Server information store ID No: 80040301-0501-80040301 Cheers Al police@radical-light.com ...

Publishing FRx reports to Business Portal
Thi comment is in regards to this workaround: Displaying consolidated FRx reports To work around this issue, you must share the directory the report viewer runs from (Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\Business Portal\Executable), and publish the consolidated reports there. To do this you will need to do the following: 1. Copy the physical file and the folder for the Microsoft FRx report to the Executable folder. 2. Share the Executable folder and then Reset the Frx Integration tool to point to this Executable folder instead. The client does not wish to publish reports to an executable fo...

automation of PDF's for reports
I have Office 2007 and downloaded the pdf plugin for it. What I would like to do is setup an automated Access report function that would programatticaly create a .pdf from a filtered report using the name on the report as the file name, and then email the file to the person using his email addess in the database. I can find NOTHING about this anywhere and I'm not even sure where to start. Anyone got any advice? Hi, You can try using Stephan Lebans module on ReportToPdf on his website www.lebans.com I have it working great with Office 2003. What it does is take your report, conver...

Open and Preview a Single Record in a Report
I have a report where I would like to open and print only the chosen record. How to I specify the record? Thanks Brian T wrote: >I have a report where I would like to open and print only the chosen record. >How to I specify the record? If you have a form where users can navigate to the desired record, then add a command button to open the report. The code behind the button would look something like: Dim stWhere As String stWhere = "[primary key field]=" & Me.[primary key field] DoCmd.OpenReport "report name", acviewPreview, , stWhere ...