Reply to old message in OWA generates a false NDR message

Hi;
We have one user who use OWA to access his mailbox. When he tries to reply
to a message for external users, the remote server generates an NDR but the
message is delivered!! Is there any reason behind this behavior?? This is the
NDR message:
"Your message To:user1,user2,user3......did not reach the following
recipient(s):"
0
Rajeh (12)

OWA Forms Based Authentication
Im trying to setup forms based authentication but have been unsuccessfull so far. I go into the HTTP properties and then the virtual exchange server and enable Forms based Authentication but when i then go and browse to the http://server/exchange, i still get the Pop up logon box to enter a user name and password but now the usernames and passwords dont work. When i disable FBA the username and passwords in the box works fine. Have you enabled SSL for OWA? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Daniel Smith" <anonymous@d...

Close original message on replies and forwards
I am using Outlook 2003 in an Enterprise environment. I am trying to get the Close Original message on replies and forwards. When setting this either via Group Policy or locally on the machine the setting does not appear to work, and the original message remains open. Has anyone seen this and found a work around? TIA Murph -- robert.murphy17 http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Dialog based application and generated OnPaint for the dialog class
Hello, I'm using MSVC++ 8.0 SP1 and I created a dialog based MFC application using the application wizard. In my CDialog-derived class, MyDialog, the appwizard generated the following OnPaint() for me: // If you add a minimize button to your dialog, you will need the code below // to draw the icon. For MFC applications using the document/view model, // this is automatically done for you by the framework. void MyDialog::OnPaint() { if (IsIconic()) { CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting SendMessage(WM_ICONERASEBKGND, reinterpret_cast<WPARAM>(dc....

Exchange 2003
I have an Exchange 2003 (no SP) server running on a Windows 2003 Member server. When creating new users or mail enabled public folders no email addresses are created, SMTP or otherwise. If I run RUS nothing happens and the only way to get the email addresses created is to restart the SA? I am puzzled, any ideas? TIA In news:uylbyjTXEHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl, David in <David> posted their thoughts, then I offered mine > I have an Exchange 2003 (no SP) server running on a Windows 2003 > Member server. When creating new users or mail enabled public folders > no email address...

Public Folder error messages
Help thanks, we get errors on our Exchange 2000 event viewer regarding public folder messages. Error says 0x8004010f occured on message 1-9726C during a background cleanup on database "First Storage Group\Public Folders Store (Servername). This is just an example. I know they can be ignored according to the research I have done. However is there a way to search for the errors so that I can delete the messages from the Public folder it is associated to. That way I can clean up the event viewer logs. thanks Kath -- Kath You can use Massage Tracking Center and input Message ID...

Automatic Forwarding-Leaving message marked as unread
When I set a rule to automatically forward a message, I get to a window that has one of the options "mark message as read". There is no option to "leave message marked as unread". I would like to leave it marked as unread. If you know how to do this, I'd like to know how to. Thanks Don't check the 'marked message as read' option, leave it unchecked. "Auto Forwarding-Mark as Unread" <Auto Forwarding-Mark as Unread@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82422874-0375-4841-99E2-49F79C9C427A@microsoft.com... > Whe...

EXCEL2000: Error Message: The Password You Supplied Is Not Correct
I installed a Microsoft Office 2000 Update several months ago and can no longer open any of my Word or Excel files that were previously password protected. Has anyone encountered this problem and successfully resolved it? Thank you. Hi Fishdotnet, ERROR MESSAGE When Microsoft Excel attempts to verify a password that you typed, you receive the following error message: The password you supplied is not correct. Verify that the CAPS LOCK key is off and be sure to use the correct capitalization. NOTE: Microsoft Office 2000 has built-in functionality that allows you to get more informatio...

Outlook XP Crashes When Trying To Create New Message
When I try to create a new message in Outlook XP it crashes immediately. I've tried repairing/uninstalling/reinstalling didn't work. I even installed SP3 and that didn't help. Any ideas? ...

Can Outlook 2007 look like old Outlook versions
I like most of the changes in O2007. But I would like to be able to have the same keystrokes in 2007 had in 2003. For example, I would like F5 to send/receive email. I would like PAGE UP to go to the previous week in the calendar. Any way to do this or am I stuck? BONUS: In the old Outlook I could modify hotkeys . . . I could have ALT-T take me to Go To Today. Can I modify hotkeys in 2007? F5 is history. It's F9 now. How did you change the hotkeys in Outlook 2003? You can add buttons to the toolbar and change the shortcuts, just as before. On the page up/down, It doesn't l...

OWA 2003 Change Password Issues
I am working with: Windows 2003 Standard SP1 Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP1 I have recently installed the above products on a new server and the install went great. No errors, no issues. All is working well except for the change password function in OWA. I turned on the change password feature and it appeared as it should. The first thing I noticed is that when I selected the change password button, the domain would not be automatically populated like it should and I could not change my password. Everything I found on the Internet pointed me toward hot fix 833734. I contacted Micros...

Outlook messages forwarded to another email account
Is there a way to automatically send messages that I recieve in my Outlook to another email account such as a Yahoo or AOL account? I want to read my business messages from Outlook on my cell phone. Thanks! Yes, but use the "redirect" instead of "forward" in the Rules Wizard. The "Redirect" will not include all the header information that the "Forward" attaches to the message. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Vicki" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B848509B-E563-4B07-9EBA-E91530B6A5C8@microsoft.com... Is...

replying with attachment
I received an email with a file attachment and I want to reply *with* the attachment (so the person I send to knows whioch file I'm talking about). How can I do this? I realize I can 'forward' the message and re-enter recipient email addresses but that's a pain (many recipients). My work email (lotus notes) has a cool feature - can Outlook do this somehow.... Same scenario as above, but I can just 'reply all' and in the body of the message, it says 'File removed: xxxx.pdf'. This is cool because at least they all can see the file name that I'm tal...

Outlook 2000
Sporadic problem - original email disappears once a reply has been sent. Disappears from inbox - and no sign of it in any of the other folders e.g. "deleted items", "drafts" etc. Only evidence that it existed is the reply in the "sent items". Happens sporadically, and with different email addresses. By this I mean it does not happen with all emails, and also does not occur repeatedly with the same email address. Using Outlook 2000, part of Office 2000 in Win 2000 Pro Environment. Not using Exchange. Any help appreciated! Alan <anonymous@discussions....

OWA problem #19
Hi, I can't seem to get OWA to work from beyond the building. I have got my router pointing to the server's IP, but still I can't see OWA. Sorry this isn't much info - any suggestions ehich direction to look in? Thanks NEIL What version of Exchange are you using? What firewall are you going through? Are you connecting with IE? -- Matthew Tisdel South Carolina "Neil Jarman" wrote: > Hi, > > I can't seem to get OWA to work from beyond the building. > > I have got my router pointing to the server's IP, but still I can't see OWA. ...

I cannot reply to email without allowing permission to email addr.
After a new install, I get a popup message every time I try to reply to a message. It asks me to allow a program to access my email addresses for "x" number of minutes. This is so frustrating and unnecessary, but I cannot find how to stop it from happening. It never happened on my old computer, and I've tried unchecking all boxes in Outlook (XP) and Internet Explorer that suggest a security permission. All advice is appreciated. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems It's probably Adobe Acrobat. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yoursel...

Microsoft Outlook 97 Error Message
I receive a message saying "your personal address book could not be opened. The file is either not accessible or is not a personal address book ..." What is the problem? ...

System Administrator Error messages? #2
Hello all, A bunch of us in my office using the same ISP are getting error messages from Outlook 2003 (and XP) saying that: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: New Address Sent: 4/15/2005 12:07 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX ' on 4/15/2005 12:07 PM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. This is happening more often that we can stand it. Any ideas what this is and why it is happening? It only happens every now and then not all the time. TYIA Azm ...

Recieving emails in Inbox only when I click on a old message
I am having a strange problem with a few of the users in my domain. The do not see new emails, but when they click on a old message then the ne messages appear. This problem seems to be growing slowly to more an more users. We use Outlook 2000, and Exchange 5.5, has anyone else ru into this? I hope so, any help would be greatly appreciate -- HeatmiserPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces Typically this is the UDP packets being blocked, have you been upgrading your infrastructure as Firewalls, Gateways etc can block these packets. Check out http://support.microsoft.com/?k...

Disable preview pane for message folders?
Hi, In Outlook express I can disable the Preview Pane for any message folder so I can "look inside" a message in- non-html format-by rt. clicking and , then Properties>Details>Message Source.Now in Outlook XP (Win 2000), I can disable the Preview Panes, but I can't "look inside" messages like I do in Outlook Express (6). I can only read it or delete it. Is this a limitation of Outlook and is there a fix? I'm concerned, because some new viruses activate on Preview alone.Thanks. Peter Cowie PS I have the latest Office XP patches. I use the Chilton Preview P...

How to limit user access to Public Folders in OWA?
My company has some contract workers we want to supply email addresses for but we don’t want them to have access to the company calendar and public folders area of OWA. What is the best way to lock them out of it? Thanks ISD On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:48:27 -0800, ISD <ISD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My company has some contract workers we want to supply email addresses for >but we don�t want them to have access to the company calendar and public >folders area of OWA. What is the best way to lock them out of it? > >Thanks >ISD Permissions on those folders. ...

"OWA unable to delete item"
I have a problem with Exchange 5.5 and OWA. Users cannot delete message under OWA, it appears to be a global problem at this point. The Exchange Server is running under Windows NT 4 SP6 Exchange 5.5 SP4. Attempted correction on my part: Uninstalled IIS and OWA, and reinstalled both. Reinstalled Exchange Service Pack 4. The same problem OWA unable to delete item exits. As far as I know nothing has changed from an admin standpoint to create this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Pat newbie4@excite.com newbie4@excite.com (Pat) wrote in message news:<9c944407.040527...

Messages stuck in Outbox #8
Hi, Daniel. Daniel Howden wrote: > Sorry to cross post but I see a lot of this problem in all these > groups. Although none of the suggestions have solved my problem. Please, choose better newsgroups when crossposting (but better is not to crosspost)! First NG you set (microsoft.public.it.office.outlook) is in Italian hierarchy ("it" stands for "italian", not for "information technology"); second one use "jp" hierarchy. So: better to exclude them if you use english language. Ciao Roberto Follow-up to: microsoft.public.outlook -- Rober...

Deleting Messages #6
I am having problems deleting messages from my Inbox using Outlook 2000. If I select a lot at one time and try to delete it, it does nothing. No error messages. I am running Windows XP and Office 2000 with Corporate/Workgroup option. Please help. Thanks. ...

Messages being forwarded to sent items
I am running Win2k Small biz and using the exchane server. One user is reporting that every once in a while email messages are being forwared into her sent items instead of being put in the inbox. Thanks in Advance for your response ...

creation of synchronization log messages
I have outlook XP on win2k, and my deleted items folder is being filled by "synchronization log" messages at the rate of 1 per minute. Where is a setting in outlook where I can disable/change that? ...