Replication partner exch 5.5 crashed

Hello Everyone.

We recently installed exchange server 2003, had it coexisting with exchange
5.5 . We used the pfmigrate tool  to create replication of public folders,I
had also moved around 75% of the users mail boxes to the 2003
server.Unfortunately Ifound out that the exchange 5.5 server has crashed and
now we cannot send or receive emails because earlier the mail flow was from
2003 to 5.5 and internet and vice versa.

How can I remove the 5.5 server and set the 2003 server to receive emails
completely.

Also I do have a backup of the 5.5 server , can I  restore the 5.5 mail box
to the 2003 server.
Please help. I am in deep trouble.

Thx
jc

0
jc1 (91)

Outlook client bandwidth to remote exch5.5 server
We are using exchange 5.5 and are going to get some clinets access the server through our WAN links. They are going to use outllook 2000 and are going to access the exchange server like if it was local. We have a huge bandwidth pipe to our exchange server but I just want to how much bandwidth would for example 60 clients take if they were accessing exchange 5.5 through the WAN link at the same time. Or for example how much bandwidth would one outllook client take. If you need to know more parameters please let me know. On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:43:54 +0100, "gurvinder.nijjar" <...

Dating 6 events for 5 groups on a 18 month cycle
I have been trying tocalendarise 6 key dates in a cycle for 5 groups Each group A,B,and C all have different start dates to their cycle in the 18 month period - after that time it all repeats itself. Is there anyway this can be done I also need to find some way of labelling these key dates - Thanks no Denise - Despite Colin's certainty that it can't be done, I suspect all it requires is a better statement of your problem. Are you talking about a Gantt chart? If so, check out some of the links on this web page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html - Jon ------- ...

after crash forms display #NAME?
Hello, I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display "#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms, and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash. Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any t...

Office 2008 Setup Assistant Repeatedly Crashes
Installed Office 2008 via Remote Disc to a Macbook Air. When launching Office Apps, Office Setup Assistant opens but when I attempt to continue it crashes. Here's the error report Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2008-02-16 12:00:46 -0800 Application Name: Microsoft Office Setup Assistant Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.setupassistant Application Signature: MosA Application Version: 12.0.0.071130 Crashed Module Name: EntourageLegacy Crashed Module Version: unknown Crashed Module Offset: 0x000e921f Blame Module Name: Ent...

Looping error 5.3.5 we trying to send to domains we host.
I work for a IT consulting company. We also host domains. We are running Exchange 2003 on the same server that we host the domains. We are using SmarterMail for out domain/web hosting. We we attempt to send emails to any of the domains that we host we receive the error message below. We ARE able to send to all other domains except for these (ie yahoo, msn, etc). We do not have multiple virtual servers nor do we have any smtp connectors. IP address for the one virtual server is set to all unassigned. blank@adomain.com on 3/14/2005 4:00 PM A configuration error in the e...

Norton Utilities Detects Crash
Every time i close outlook 2002 (running windows 98) Norton Utilities tells me it just crashed and to terminate the program..I once fixed this on another computer but i forgot how thanks Are you talking about the really old CrashGuard that came with NU *before* version 2002? This was a flaky program even when it was new and appropriate only for the Windows version it supported. Maybe you're trying to run CrashGuard on a version of Windows or with a service pack level that it no longer supports. Did you find any support articles at http://www.symantec.com/ on your version of NU for Cr...

Is it really important put Exch 2003 db on Raid1 ?
Hard drives are more affordable, but still cost some. In the past I have seen recommendations to setup Exch db on Raid5 partitions. Now the latest doc from MS http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/optimizestorage.mspx States that I should put the Exch db on Raid1. Do you know if I should notice real performance gains by doing that ? Not RAID 1,rather Raid 1+0 . On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:17:37 -0700, "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hard drives are more affordable, but still cost some. > >In the past I have seen re...

Stopping Replication
My replication setup is as follows... Server A publishes (pushes) transactional updates. Server B subscribes (pulls) to Server A. I need to stop replication process temporarily and switch server A to single user mode. Is there an issue with me stopping sqlagent? Can there be issues when I start it again? Thanks in advance ...

Public folder replication help!!
how can i replicate on epublic folder structure to another on CURRENT Exchange server (not between some) thank U. I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you wanting to add a second public folder hierarchy on the same server and replicate your PFs between hierarchies on the same server? missy "Topper" <alexander.rodenkov@bix.ru> wrote in message news:uped6nP5DHA.2720@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > how can i replicate on epublic folder structure to another on CURRENT > Exchange server (not between some) > thank U. > > "Topper" <alexander.roden...

Excel Word crash after splash screen
After installing OSX10.2.8 and Office 10.1.5 i get the crash after the splash screen. If I remove all of the fonts from the hard disk>library>fonts, it works fine. If I add even one front to the folder (or to the user>name>library>fonts it crashes). I've copied new fonts from other computers to the folder, run Disk Warrior, etc., the only thing that seems to work is removing all the fonts. Unfortunatly I need one unsual font "Orator" that has worked fine up until yesterday... ...

money 2007 crashes when updating account info
Hi folks, I'm running Money 2007 trial on vista. However after I fill in my email/password, Money pops out a window saying "Updating Accout Info", then it crashes! If I restart the program I can login, but retrieving bank list failes each time and money crashes when I click "receive account updates from MSN money my accounts". I've owned money 2006 before so I think I do have some old information on msn money.Any idea? Thanks Kun In microsoft.public.money, qk wrote: > >I'm running Money 2007 trial on vista. However after I fill in my >email/...

Access crashes / freezes on new record
For no apparent reason, something strange is happening to my DB. When I add a new record using a form, Access crashes and I am forced to kill it with the task manager. Interestingly this doesn't happen when I add a new record 'directly' into the table, nor, if after only filling in one field in this way, I then return to the entry form and fill in the rest of the fields. The form has a subform within it. More specifically, the form enters details into an 'Invoice' table and the subform enters details into an 'Items' table. The 'Invoice number' is what conne...

moving mailboxes between 5.5 and 2003
After I succesfully move a mailbox from a 5.5 server to a 2003 server it takes about 20-40 minutes for the client to be able to use the mailbox. OWA, Outlook and POP clients error out during this time but eventually everything works. Both servers are in the same site and org - is this normal? I am not sure how long it usually takes but the best way to do it is move mailboxes during none business hours. "Juraj Lisiak" <juraj@juraj.com> wrote in message news:ufSv2mTPFHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > After I succesfully move a mailbox from a 5.5 server to a 2003 se...

public folder replications
We are needing to change the replications for are public folders on Exchange 2003. We have over 1000 folders, I would like to know if there is any way globaly to change the replications, and not have to go to ever folder to change the replications. you can use the PFDAVAdmin tool...works great... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "ExpressPersonnel" <ExpressPersonnel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0798CC18-8E34-41BB-865F-1E6905C7752D@microsoft.com... > We are needing to change the replications for are public folders on Exchange > 2003. We have over 1000 folde...

NDR Sending to E2K3 Users from E5.5
I have recently installed E2K3 in mixed mode to work with our existing Exchange 5.5. AD is running in interim mode while our NT 4 BDCs get replaced. I have migrated a few users over to E2K3 with no problems. However, Exchange 5.5 users cannot send email to mailboxes that were created on the E2K3 server(NDR report 5.1.1). The migrated users can send to these mailboxes. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Al Stephenson After a little more digging I have found that the new users being created are being placed in a USER container instead of the recipient container which is where the 5.5 user...

Reporting back crashes in MFC-based products
Hello, We have a product written in MFC using Visual Studio 7.1. We are now planning to implement a feature that will detect a crash and report to us the cause of the crash and other meaningful information. The plan is to provide something similar to Window's error reporting tool. I found a 3rd party tool for Delphi that instruments the source code. When the program crashes, it provides information like the name of the function, module etc.. Is there something similar that I can use with MFC? The other option is to use MFC's Structured Exception Handling and try to get a memory dump...

Excel crashes dragging a chart
Hi all, I have a problem that I can reproduce on Excel 2000 and Excel 2003 (but not in Excel 2007). Excel crashes when I try to re-position a chart in a worksheet with (at least) a cell using data validation. If I select a cell with Data->Validation a little triangle appears close to the cell to indicate it has a pull-down menu associated. If a chart is present on the spreadsheet and I click on it the "little triangle" disappears as soon as focus is taken by the chart. In some of my spreadsheet there is a delay before the triangle disappears and if a chart is dragged at t...

Public Folder Replication #12
This message doesn't seem to have appeared in the microsoft.public.exchange.setup group after a good wait so I will try again here. I appologise if it ends up as a cross post... I have restored out live Ex5.5 server into a test lab and am testing our strategy for migration to Ex2K3. I have just enabled replication of a branch of our public folder tree (several GB in size) and am surprised to see that not only is the Pub.edb increasing in size but the Priv.edb is also (in fact slightly faster than the Pub.edb). I have only migrated a couple of user mailboxes on to the new system ...

exch 2003
I just bought a SMALL BUSINESS 2003 which includes exchange 2003. I have 2 companies with different domains want to share the same exchange. 1st company's domain is precision.com and 2nd one is component.com. Can I have 2 domains on one exchange ? If so, I need the instruction to setup 2nd one. My first company's email is working fine. Thanks On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:13:38 GMT, "Meh" <meh@hotmail.com> wrote: >I just bought a SMALL BUSINESS 2003 which includes exchange 2003. > >I have 2 companies with different domains want to share the same exchange. ...

New users in GAL not replicating to users
I am running Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5. I create users in the Exchange 2003 Servers AD Users and Computers... New users no longer showing up in my users GAL unless I turn off cached mode in outlook. This used to work fine in chached mode. Does anyone know what I could try to force replication perhaps? Also, should I somehow rebuild the GAL on the Exchange 5.5 or 2003 side? Steps? Recommendations? Thanks in advance... Chris H. I know there is an problem if cache mode is used on outlook. Please check this out: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836723/en-us "Chris"...

Windows Mobile 6.5 Hindi OS
Help required to build WM6.5 Hindi OS. I have built English OS & wants to build Hindi OS(Locale=0439). Please let know the changes to be made for Hindi Locale OS. -- Manoj Joshi ...

Bar Charts #5
I have a set of data for customers and I want to show that data for each customer for three years in a bar chart i.e. having three bars for each customer. i know it's basic and that I've done it before but I can't for the life of me remeber how I did it. Any help much appreciated!! Select the data and then use the chart wizard icon on the toolbar or insert menu>chart and follow the instructions -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "lb82" wrote...

excel problem #5
running office xp on 2000 os, whenever I hit the down arrow, the screen moves up instead of the selected cell moving down. I think something is locked but I can't figure out what....help please...thanks, bob Bob, Sounds like you have got the Scroll Lock on. It is a keyboard key. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Bob Roper" <bob.roper@us.interfaceinc.com> wrote in message news:dfc301c3efdb$f8b7feb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > running office xp on 2000 os, whenever ...

Exchange Server Crash
Hi, My Exchange 2003 Server (not a DC) h/w crash and all mail are lost. I backup all files (priv1.edb, priv1.stm ..) before the diaster. Is there any SOP to recover the Server to another h/w? http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/disrecopgde.mspx "Kelvin" <Kelvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:679CA2F5-7085-49C7-AAD5-D78A0CAA64A2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > My Exchange 2003 Server (not a DC) h/w crash and all mail are lost. I > backup > all files (priv1.edb, priv1.stm ..) before the diaster. Is there any SOP ...

Exchange 5.5 on Win2K
I am in the process upgrading an NT domain to 2K and AD. I would prefer not to do the Exchange server 'till later. Are there any known issues with running MSX 5.5 in Win2K? Thanks in advance! Regards, Jack Handy jehandy@verizon.net Its best to search echnet site at www.microsoft.com/technet for known issues. >-----Original Message----- >I am in the process upgrading an NT domain to 2K and AD. I would prefer not >to do the Exchange server 'till later. Are there any known issues with >running MSX 5.5 in Win2K? > >Thanks in advance! > > > >Re...