Replicated account for a different domain - different exchange server?

Hard for me to figure out how to properly ask this question.

I have a user on an Exchange 5.5 server.  They want to use a WM5 device now.
We have a 2003 server for another domain in the company.  We may eventually
migrate all their mailboxes to the 2003 server but it will be a couple of
months away.

I was thinking perhaps we could use some sort of rule to continuously copy
all their e-mail, contacts and calendar onto another e-mail account so they
could at least get real time data on the PDA.  Perhaps there is a way to set
up just one e-mail address of the other domain on this exchange server while
keeping the e-mail address the same?

Any thoughts on how to make this happen would be great.

0
boe_d (81)

You can't forward contact and calendar information like you are
suggesting.

You're right if the user wants contacts, calendar, and email on their
mobile deivce they're going to need their account on the Exchange 2K3
server.

You could move their account to the 2K3 server and have it forward the
email to the 5.5 account.  Then set the desktop sync rules to add all
the mobile devices contacts and calendar to Outlook when they sync
possibly.

I know that would present that problem that they could really only
create events and contacts on their mobile device, but I don't know
what other options you might have.

Thanks - I'm still trying to figure a way around this.  They have to keep
their e-mail at the same domain name.  They will keep the same domain after
the migration but that is scheduled 3 months from now.

"mb" <mike.burton@gmail.com> wrote in message
> You can't forward contact and calendar information like you are
> suggesting.
>
> You're right if the user wants contacts, calendar, and email on their
> mobile deivce they're going to need their account on the Exchange 2K3
> server.
>
> You could move their account to the 2K3 server and have it forward the
> email to the 5.5 account.  Then set the desktop sync rules to add all
> the mobile devices contacts and calendar to Outlook when they sync
> possibly.
>
> I know that would present that problem that they could really only
> create events and contacts on their mobile device, but I don't know
> what other options you might have.

0
boe_d (81)

How to Automatically share Accounts and Leads
We recently upgraded to CRM 3.0 and we'd like to automatically share every Lead and every Account that is created with one or more Teams. The Teams will differ, depending on who owns the Lead or Account. What is the best way to do this? We tried workflow rules, but it doesn't seem like sharing is one of the options when a Lead or an Account is created. Is the only way to do this to use some sort of scripting? Thanks a lot for any suggestions! -Sarah Sarah, The direct answer is yes; the only way to (sans any human intervention) automatically share leads and accounts with the...

Option trades not using "cash" account
I am using the trial version of Money 2006 Premium and am seeing a problem which also occured in Money 2003. When opening or closing an option position in an investment account, the "Transfer to:" field is left blank by default even though a "cash portion" is defined for that account. This is a minor annoyance in that, for each of these transactions, I need to select the appropriate cash account. In some cases, if the "Transfer to:" field is left blank, Money will ask for the cash account name but this does not always happen and the security is bought or...

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
Please excuse the rookie question, I have been avoiding Exchange too long and now it has bitten me in the... elbow... I am attempting to set up Exchange to send mail... Whenever I send to a member of my domain (hosted externally) I get this error message... (I am using SBS, I have posted a similar message over there.) The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. It appears that email sent to other domains is delivered without incident. I need to get the squar...

lift sender restrictions for internal domain
Hi Group! Is there a way to lift sender restrictions if the users sends a mail to an internal user. I have a restriction of 500 KB for sending mails - but the users should be able to send mail in their own organisation without beeing restricted. My second questions is whether there is a possibility to group such sender permissions. I only found two ways to restict - in the global settings and in the active directory user - what if I have to make 50 users to 500 kb and 50 users to 10 MB? best regards andy On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:13:41 +0200, "Andreas W�ckl" <woeckl@es...

Exchange E-mail Redirect ... Without Attachments
For about a dozen Exchange users who want to receive copies of their e-mails on Pocket PC smartphones, I am trying to find a way to re-direct e-mail to another e-mail address... These users are engineers and they may receive 20 MB (or larger) AutoCAD files attached to an e-mail! So, in order to reduce air-time costs, prior to re-directing the e-mails, we want to strip off attachments that may have been sent by the original sender as they can handle those when they are back in the office. Is there some way to do this in Exchange Server? If not, are there any external utilities that c...

different budget categories for single account
We have two budget ID defined on our GP: Budget10 and Budget10 frx. I need to check the budget amount for the account lets say 11-222-333 account. Which categories should I use or is there any way to tell which categories it is using for budget calculation. The account exists in both budget categories. Not quite sure what you are asking. In what window or report are you checking the Budget amount? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com ...

SQL Server
Can MS money [specifically small business] be made to work with SQL Server? Please advise. -- New to ISA No. To preempt your next question, there's no API at all. -- Chris Cowles, Gainesville, FL "Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80C9B62E-8A59-4561-8952-4315E0F5E877@microsoft.com... > Can MS money [specifically small business] be made to work with SQL > Server? > Please advise. > -- > New to ISA ...

Leave Certain Mail Messages on POP Server
Is it possible via an Outlook Visual Basic plugin to alter Outlook to leave certain messages on a POP server, but download all the rest? (E.G. Based on subject or header information) If so, does anyone know of any resources that would get me started in implementing this? Thanks. ...

The quality of the network connection to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server is poor
We have a gigabit connection to the CRM server and all servers are in the same LAN segment except for exchange and we always get the The quality of the network connection to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server is poor when running the diagnostics even though our latency to the CRM server, the CRM DB Server, The AD server, Reporting Server, Exchange Server is under 1 ms. What could be causing it to complain about the network? Thanks. We had seen this warning on a few environments. It is only a warning, so we just monitor the performance and it works fine. Perhaps open a support ticket to hel...

Micorsoft Exchnage server 2007 SDK
Hi. I had installed Exchange server 2007 on my machine.I had also installed Exchange server 2007 SDK.I am trying to run samples given in sdk but most of the samples are not working. Like In some programs they used CDOEX,EXOLEDB but microsoft doucmentation for exchange server 2007 says that Exchange sever 2007 does not support CDOEX,EXOLEDB etc. Is anything wrong with Exchage server 2007 documentation? Please reply.. its beta "Microsoft Exchange 2007 command shell" <MicrosoftExchange2007commandshell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C14A2F6-B78A-43D0-9...

Sub Ledger Account Scrutiny
Friends, I want to do a ledger account scrutiny of a major Vendor. How can I generate a ledger account of a Vendor which clearly shows me the following: 1. The Opening Balance as on the begining of the year 2. All Invoices Billed by the Vendor during the year 3. All Payments made during the year 4. Closing Balance at the end of the year. Also can this be converted into excel. Aging just gives me the closing balances and the invoices outstanding and the aging of the same.Is it possible to generate a ledger account the way I have stated above. Your early reply will be highly appreciated....

Can't install Server 2008 Service pack 2 (x64)
i keep getting error code 800F0826 with no other info. trying to install on my sbs 2008 premium box. any suggestions?? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01CA8ED5.5AF75FA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Are you using the Microsoft tool to make this installation possible? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=3Den&FamilyID= =3Dffd2fe61-9278-489e-9b96-3816394c9cb6 "BadBoy House" <mrchrishouse@googlemail.com> wrote in mess...

Exchange Password Issue
I will explain this problem as best I can. I have a Windows based network, with a windows server 2003 domain controller and an exchange server 2003, which is also a back up domain controller. Every 30 days users are required to change their windows logon password, this is set up through group policy. When users change their Windows logon passwords it does not replicate to the exchange server, so when they try to open their email it prompts them for a password, then when they enter their new password it does not work and they end up getting locked out of their accounts. Then what I do is...

RPC Over HTPPS on FE Server with OWA #2
Hi, I have a front end owa server configured as a OWA server using SSL (with a custom made certificate). Can I also utilise this server and the same certificate to make it run rpc over https as well? Thanks in advance. ...

Paying Bills
Hello, I have two accounts that go to the same payment service for payment. I can only create one bill for the first account # I do not see how to add a second bill for my second account # Is there a way around this? Thanks Frank Money 2004 Yes. Use different payees like MasterCard {hers} and MasterCard {his}. The braces ant their contents make this work and suppress the contents when, say, printing a check. "Frank" <farocco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oln2RCfQEHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have two accounts that go to the same payment service for paymen...

Defining same name for cells in different sheets
Does anyone know the answer to this one? I want to give the same range name to the same cell reference in a series of worksheets. I find I can do this by pre-defining all my range names on a "master" worksheet and making several copies of the sheet (try it, it works!) But let's say I have done this, and entered all my data on the sheets I have created, and suddenly realize I need another range name. I haven't found any way to define a new range name and apply it to the same range on several sheets. This is not the same as a 3-D reference, which I tried. (3- d referenci...

Can't Email to Moved Domain
We had a sister company operating within our WAN. We hosted their mail on our single Exch 2003 server. This company was sold and moved off of our servers. We removed all of their information from our Exchange server. I have deleted all of their mailboxes, AD user accounts, any reference to their domain in the recipient policies, and any entries in our dns system for their domain name. Still, when we try to send messages to these people at their new location we get an NDR that says "The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail addr...

different budget ID for single account
when calculating the budget for an expense account lets say 111-222-333, is there any way to tell which budget id to use or if both buget id are using for calculating the budget amount. the expense account exists in both budget id. ...

IMS que is filling with tons of e-mail in Exchange 5.5
Hi When ever I tried to select the Hosts and Clients that successfully authenticate option in routing restrictions. I see tons of mail que in IMS. Actually I tried to check for 2010 event and I see some junk user account which says "\temp" which is not at all in my domain or in local users. Can anyone tell is it some virus or some one is creating the account test remotely to spam. Please advis ...

Account maintenance
the budget button is gray out in my account maintenace screen. Any idea how to enable that? ...

Unable to connect to online quote server... AGAIN!
I can't get quotes again this morning. Anybody else? Just opened Money...same here. Only happens when the markets up. <g.m.cox.mail@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fbe1ee53-01df-4e30-88b4-58c8c1146c33@w35g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... >I can't get quotes again this morning. Anybody else? I also have been having trouble connecting!! <g.m.cox.mail@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fbe1ee53-01df-4e30-88b4-58c8c1146c33@w35g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... >I can't get quotes again this morning. Anybody else? What version of Money? Or is this directly on the MSN ...

Restoring Public Folder to a Recovery Server
Hello, We have exchange 2003. We restored our PUB folder database to a recovery server (separe forest). We are able to mount the database but how can we acess it. We know exmerge will not work in this case and we tried installing outlook client but we can only see the default Public folder database. Thanks in advance Hi, "xmis1" <xmis1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6FCB9C1E-1D51-4FCA-9F82-6A3B85DFB510@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > We have exchange 2003. We restored our PUB folder database to a recovery > server (separe forest). We ar...

Exchange VSS Writer Error
Hi, Our Exchange Server ( running on Win2003, Exch2003-SP1 ) is having backup issues since the active backup job was interrupted by a network failure. Network switch's power was interrupted during an active backup job. After the incident, I am having error when I try to start the exchange backup. I am using Veritas Backup veritas 10 to do the backup job. I have tried to use the windows native backup but is facing the similar problem also. The following is the event details when i try to activate a backup job Event Type: Information Event Source: NTBackup Event Category: None ...

Outlook across VPN and domains
I have a user who is temporarily working in my office. we have a vpn to our office in another city. I can ping the exchange server there and resolve it by name, but our AD are completely seaperate. We are actually seperate companies and do not wish to merge our domains. But outlook cannot resolve the name to the exchange server in the other domain. I can ping it, I can connect to it via telnet, but Outlook refuses to resolve it. Are you using cached mode or online? Does it work if you set up a hosts file? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outloo...

Transfering to new EXCH Server.
We are trying to transfer to a new Exchange 2003 server so we can reformat the old machine. Mailbox transfers are complete and the new box is hooked up internally and to our outgoing IP. I am able to receive mail from outside the network, but all outgoing mail is stuck in the queue. I have set the Virtual Smtp server to all unassigned, and I have nothing in routing. Im not very familiar with these settings. Is the problem the old exchange server? Is there a way to remove it without uninstalling exchange from the old machine? My non deliverables come back with this error message. ...