Replicate Large Public folder hierarchy

My environment is Exch 5.5 sp4 running on Windows2k member server in NT4
domain.  Our organization has over 60 Exchange sites of which I manage 4.  I
need to replicate a mass of public folders from site A to a particular
server in site B.  I am getting rid of a server in site B to which I had
replicated all of the public folders from site A.  I now need to have these
folder replicated to another server in site B.  It is a large hierarchy of
folders that I need to replicate -- too many for me to click on each one to
create the replicas.  Is the only other way to accomplish this replication
using pfadmin.exe with the SETREPLICAS switch?  Will pfadmin.exe SETREPLICAS
work for this?  I have had difficulty using it before.

Thanks,
Clay Hilton

On the instances tab you can take all the folders for a Site.  Select a site
at the bottom and then move everything from the left to the right.

You can also select a top level folder and set the replica on it and then
select "Propagate these properties to all subfolders" and then when you hit
OK a window will pop-up and check replicas.  This is the best option if most
of the folders are nested under a couple folders.

I'm not familiar with using PFADMIN.

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

"Clay Hilton" <clay.a.hilton@usace.army.mil> wrote in message
> My environment is Exch 5.5 sp4 running on Windows2k member server in NT4
> domain.  Our organization has over 60 Exchange sites of which I manage 4.
> need to replicate a mass of public folders from site A to a particular
> server in site B.  I am getting rid of a server in site B to which I had
> replicated all of the public folders from site A.  I now need to have
these
> folder replicated to another server in site B.  It is a large hierarchy of
> folders that I need to replicate -- too many for me to click on each one
> create the replicas.  Is the only other way to accomplish this replication
> using pfadmin.exe with the SETREPLICAS switch?  Will pfadmin.exe
SETREPLICAS
> work for this?  I have had difficulty using it before.
>
> Thanks,
> Clay Hilton

0
dtown (976)
1/12/2004 9:47:48 PM
Thanks Dan.  This is helpful.  I thought these were the only options but I
wanted to make sure.  The problem I have using the propagate down is that
this is a replace function rather than edit.  There are several folders in
the hierarchy that have replicatas to other sites that would be overwritten
if I propagated.

thanks much for your reply
Clay

"Dan Townsend [MSFT]" <dtown@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On the instances tab you can take all the folders for a Site.  Select a
site
> at the bottom and then move everything from the left to the right.
>
> You can also select a top level folder and set the replica on it and then
> select "Propagate these properties to all subfolders" and then when you
hit
> OK a window will pop-up and check replicas.  This is the best option if
most
> of the folders are nested under a couple folders.
>
> I'm not familiar with using PFADMIN.
>
> --
> Hope that helps,
> Dan Townsend

rights.
> Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup.

> "Clay Hilton" <clay.a.hilton@usace.army.mil> wrote in message
> > My environment is Exch 5.5 sp4 running on Windows2k member server in NT4
> > domain.  Our organization has over 60 Exchange sites of which I manage
4.
> > need to replicate a mass of public folders from site A to a particular
> > server in site B.  I am getting rid of a server in site B to which I had
> > replicated all of the public folders from site A.  I now need to have
> these
> > folder replicated to another server in site B.  It is a large hierarchy
of
> > folders that I need to replicate -- too many for me to click on each one
> > create the replicas.  Is the only other way to accomplish this
replication
> > using pfadmin.exe with the SETREPLICAS switch?  Will pfadmin.exe
> SETREPLICAS
> > work for this?  I have had difficulty using it before.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Clay Hilton

Using the Instances tab would be better then.  I'll look tonight and see if
I can find the options with pfadmin.

--

> Thanks Dan.  This is helpful.  I thought these were the only options but I
> wanted to make sure.  The problem I have using the propagate down is that
> this is a replace function rather than edit.  There are several folders in
> the hierarchy that have replicatas to other sites that would be
overwritten
> if I propagated.
>
> thanks much for your reply
> Clay
>

> "Dan Townsend [MSFT]" <dtown@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > On the instances tab you can take all the folders for a Site.  Select a
> site
> > at the bottom and then move everything from the left to the right.
> >
> > You can also select a top level folder and set the replica on it and
then
> > select "Propagate these properties to all subfolders" and then when you
> hit
> > OK a window will pop-up and check replicas.  This is the best option if
> most
> > of the folders are nested under a couple folders.
> >
> > I'm not familiar with using PFADMIN.
> >
> > --
> > Hope that helps,
> > Dan Townsend

> rights.
> > Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this
newsgroup.

> > Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
> > http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
> >
> > "Clay Hilton" <clay.a.hilton@usace.army.mil> wrote in message
> > > My environment is Exch 5.5 sp4 running on Windows2k member server in
NT4
> > > domain.  Our organization has over 60 Exchange sites of which I manage
> 4.
> > > need to replicate a mass of public folders from site A to a particular
> > > server in site B.  I am getting rid of a server in site B to which I
had
> > > replicated all of the public folders from site A.  I now need to have
> > these
> > > folder replicated to another server in site B.  It is a large
hierarchy
> of
> > > folders that I need to replicate -- too many for me to click on each
one
> > > create the replicas.  Is the only other way to accomplish this
> replication
> > > using pfadmin.exe with the SETREPLICAS switch?  Will pfadmin.exe
> > SETREPLICAS
> > > work for this?  I have had difficulty using it before.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Clay Hilton

0
dtown (976)
1/13/2004 6:04:05 PM
pfadmin profile setreplicas "Some Folder\Some SubFolder" ADD Site\Server

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

> Using the Instances tab would be better then.  I'll look tonight and see
if
> I can find the options with pfadmin.
>
> --
> Hope that helps,
> Dan Townsend

rights.
> Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup.

> "Clay Hilton" <clay.a.hilton@usace.army.mil> wrote in message
> > Thanks Dan.  This is helpful.  I thought these were the only options but
> > wanted to make sure.  The problem I have using the propagate down is
that
> > this is a replace function rather than edit.  There are several folders
in
> > the hierarchy that have replicatas to other sites that would be
> overwritten
> > if I propagated.
> >
> > thanks much for your reply
> > Clay

0
dtown (976)

Public Folder Stores #2
I had deleted a server from my Exchange organization and mistakenly lost some public folder data that was not replicated. Luckily I still had the EDB and STM files. So I copied them to another server and mounted them as an additional public folder store and hierarchy. The problem is that now I want to copy the folder data that I lost from one Store/Hierarchy to another. The only way that I can find to access the new store is through OWA which won't let me copy the data to the main Public Folder store. I am stuck. Anyone got any ideas on how to copy the data back into the main ...

I delete an email it remains in folder with line through it
How do I move deleted email from in box to deleted subfile without keeping a copy in the inbox with strikethru in it?? I have to email accounts on the computer one is pop3 the other is ms exchange? Not good with computers Are you sure its pop3 and exchange? it sounds like you set up an IMAP account - deleted items are marked with a strikethrough until you purge the folder from the edit menu. You can also use a view that hides items marked for deletion. We can be more specific if we knew the version of Outlook you use. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? htt...

How do I restore a deleted task folder
I have Outlook 2007, I am not on an exchange server. I deleted a folder of tasks and it is not showing in my deleted items folder. Thankfully my DI folder was emptied this morning and I only have a few items in it, so I know I'm not overlooking the file. I know that it's there, I can see it in the subfolders list when I click on "folder size" under the "properties for personal folder". I tried sorting the DI foldler by Icon as was suggested, but that's not working. Any suggestions?? Please help! On the left side of the screen, where all the f...

IMF moving mail to Junk Folder
Hi, We are running Exchange 2003 SP1. Clients are running Outlook 2003 SP1 and SP2. We have just installed the Intelligent Message Filter on our SMTP gateway server. All things looked to be going great until I noticed that the Junk Mail Folder starting filling up. When I checked the folder to see what was in there I noticed there were a lot of messages from people that I expect to recieve mail from. Upon further reading I noticed that IMF and Outlook go through a set procedure for filtering Mail, using safe snder lists etc. My Junk E-Mail filter is not setup withing outlook so my saf...

Modify Outlook Default Columns for New Folder??
When I create a new folder to store e-mail, one of the default columns is the "Size" column. I prefer not to have this column in my folders. I know I can right click and remove this column. Is there a way to modify my settings so that this column will never appear when I create a new folder in Outlook? Tom View, Arrange by, if Ol2003], Current View, Define views... reset the view (usually Messages) and modify it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Othe...

merged inbox folder from computer to lapton, now inbox messages are missing
i was trying to set microsoft outlook on my laptop. in the process, somehow, my main (stationary) computer's outlook inbox messages were automatically moved from that inbox to my laptops inbox. when i changed the configuration from internet (dial up) access to exchange (workgroup) the messages in both computer's inbox file disapeared. i'm looking for help on how to recover those messages from by inbox??? thanks erin.dorsett@idbois.ang.af.mil <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i was trying to set microsoft outlook on my laptop. in > the proces...

Can an archive folder be created w/unlimited storage in outlook?
This is for outlook 2000 e-mail on a business server Government servant wrote: > This is for outlook 2000 e-mail on a business server All .pst files (the old ANSI format used by OL2000) are limited in size to 2GB (1.87GiB) in size. "Business server" means absolutely nothing since it doesn't even specify WHAT server programs to which you might be referring. ...

Outlook 2002 Advanced Find
When I use Advanced Find in Outlook 2002 to locate mail I've archived in a personal folder, I would like to be able to see the folder hierarchy where the mail item was found. Currently, I can only see the lowest level folder, using the "In Folder" column. Is there a way to get this information? ...

Problem in CSCrollView with large ScrollSizes #2
Hi, I have a multiple document very long in vertical size. Is there any limitation with CSrollview in vertical size? It seems to have some bugs with large scroll sizes. try this on a simple multiple document which its view is CSrollView: CSize sizeTotal; sizeTotal.cy = 10*1000*1000; sizeTotal.cx = 30000; SetScrollSizes(MM_HIMETRIC, sizeTotal); and try to use vertical scroll to reach the bottom of document, (take the scroll bar , bring it to the bottom and release it, it returns back to the top. I need such large numbers, because it take maybe 400 papers to print. Thanks, Behzad Accor...

Intelligent Pivot Table with Large Data Sets
Pivot Tables are great with small datasets. Does anyone have suggestions of products that can datasource from a ODBC source and manage large datasets (1M+ rows), visualizing the dat in a crosstab/pivottable format ? Unfortunately the underlying logic in the PivotTable/MSquery link isn' too intelligent in that is always wants to read the whole darn databas table before even presenting a field list. I assume this is due to th abstraction of the data created by sticking MS/Query inbetween th Excel pivot table service and the actual datasource? Seems pretty simply from a conceptual POV: 1. ...

CRM 4.0 Private/Public Views
How do I make a view private in CRM 4.0? There are a bunch of system views that we do not use and that we obviously cannot delete. I used to just make them private in CRM 3.0, but I cannot figure out where to do that in 4.0. We also have a lot of views that are private because they are shared between sales teams and it seems like the "private" option has disappeared for 4.0. If it is gone, what would I do to hide certain views? In CRM 4 public views can not be hidden, these pages give a way it can be done. http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/2008/08/hiding-system-views-in-crm-40...

multiple Personal Folders #2
I have a standalone win 2000 pro system using Outlook 2000 and I'm getting multiple Personal Folders for a user profile. How can I delete them and point the profile to a pst file on the disk? Thanks. Have you already tried right-clicking the root folder of each file (in the Folder List) and clicking Close? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:O37$8%23%230DHA.4064@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, SAC wrote: > I have a standalone win 2000 pro system us...

Can Not Send Large Attachment? Maybe? Maybe Not?
When sending large files to Yahoo or other external mailboxes I receive the following error message: #550 5.2.3 RESOLVER.RST.RecipSizeLimit; message too large for this recipient ## My understanding is that this message was rejected by the receiving mailbox - not kicked back from my exchange 2007 server. I'm being told by someone else that is getting kicked by my own exchange server? My understanding is that if it were getting kicked back by my own exchange server because the attachment was too large I would receive: 550 5.3.4 ROUTING.SizeLimit message size exceeds...

Must have feature
It is 20 years overdue, please find a way to allow me to group my tabs into folders! It would push excel more towards a relational system like access and would greatly enhance the ability to organize vast amounts of data. If anyone knows of an add-in that provides this functionality, please offer a link. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion ...

Global Contact List in a Public Folder???
Hi All, I was wondering if it is possible to display the contents of our Global Contacts List as a Contacts Public Folder? Obviously i would like to use some LDAP filtering and break it up into different lists for different people to have access to.. but first things first. Do I need to make an Exchange App? or there an easy way to do this? Any help would be appreciated, Rick Hello, one solution would be a synchronization on a specific schedule... read the GAL and create/update a contact entry in the public folder. Should not be so hard to write... Greetings, Henning Krause "R...

Vertias 8.6 Exchange 2000 unable to restore public folders
Anyone has any ideas or links that will point me in the right direction on the correct way to restore a Public Folder in Exchange 2000 I'm using Veritas 8.6 Backup for Exchange. ...

Deleted Public Folder
Just accidentally deleted an Ex5.5 public folder with several sub-folders. We have a retention period of 5 days on the public store but I wasn't able to UNdelete the item - can anyone advise me why? - It was deleted via OL2000 and I have exchange admin rights. Thanks Jonni were you the owner of the folder/s and parent folder? "Jonni" <jonni@naespam.com> wrote in message news:e2BgN$lPEHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Just accidentally deleted an Ex5.5 public folder with several sub-folders. > We have a retention period of 5 days on the public store but I wasn'...

Moving Public Folders #5
Is there anyway to move the hiearchy in the public folder listing? We have this +Public Folders Pub Folder1 Pub Folder2 Pub Folder3 What we want is this: +Public Folders Organization Name Pub Folder1 Pub Folder2 Pub Folder3 There are over 20K items, so moving them by hand is definatly out of the question. How can we create a new top level folder then place all existing folders under that? ESM only selects one item, and PFDavAdmin doesnt seem like it can do it. Thanks. On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:03:27 -0800, Vicnice <Vicnice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

how to configure multiple email id's in multiple folders
Try posting your Q in the body, and explain what you are trying to achive, together with your version of OL and if its an exchange setup "Ram" <Ram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0E40903-7D84-49F2-9F91-F97EAB741806@microsoft.com... > ...

Public Folder restore...where did all the mail go?
I have Exchange 2000 SP3 running Windows 2000 SP4 and using Outlook 2003. When I did a restore of the Public Folder store on my test server, it restored properly. But when I went to the folder that I need to restore emails from (HR), it saids the HR mailbox has zero item in it. It is impossible because on my production server, it saids HR folder has 50 emails in there. My environment only consist of 1 Public Folder server and all public folders mailboxes reside only on that server. So I don't think it's replication problem. So where did all the mail go? Please advise. DM DM -...

Move forms in public folders 5.5 to exchange 2003
Hello all, I recently migrated from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 using ADC and things were fine. I later deleted ADC and moved Exchange 2003 to native mode. I recently found out that the public folders have not been migrated. I earler used the pfmigrate script in exchange 2003. For some reason it had just created blank folders with no data on it. Now i want to migrate/transfer the public folders content(like forms) from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 computer. Please help. Best, Karthik ...

Moving email folders/email msgs. from older version to Outlook 200
Moving email folders/email msgs. from Outlook 2000 to 2007 on Windows 7. Need help finding correct files and import/export process. "Greg G" <Greg G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14C04831-4559-4F9A-9210-7B67575AC3CF@microsoft.com... > Moving email folders/email msgs. from Outlook 2000 to 2007 on Windows 7. > Need help finding correct files and import/export process. How to backup and restore Outlook http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assi...

Public Calendar Attachments in OWA
In OWA my clients can add attachments to their personal calendar, but they cannot add attachments to the public calendar. This is only in OWA. Any suggestions on what I might need to change? ...

Display public variable in Header
I have page breaks when a variable changes. How can I display what that variable is in the header? Thank you in advance God bless you ...

public folder calendar returns all when using find
We have SBS2003 with exchange setup and functioning fine. All clients using Outlook 2003. We have setup a public calendar for inspections appointments which has been working fine. However one user now finds that when she uses the find feature on this calendar in outlook she is always returned all entries and not restricted to the scope of the find argument. The find feature works on all other public and personnel folders that she has. No other user has a problem. We have also tested on other pcs with her account and happens regardless of which machine is used. Have tried changing the permissi...