Replacement for Link Monitor

Does anyone know of a Windows 2000 or 3rd party replacement for 5.5's Link
Monitor? Why did MS remove it?

Thanks

0
zlorca2004 (17)

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 15:47:02 -0800, "ZLorca" <zlorca2004@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Does anyone know of a Windows 2000 or 3rd party replacement for 5.5's Link
>Monitor? Why did MS remove it?
>
>Thanks

On the properties of the server there is the Monitoring tab. That's
one part of it.
at the bottom of ESM there is the Tools > Monitoring & Status >
Notifications object. That's the other half of it.
It all works pretty much the same way, if you're familiar with 5.5
you'll be ok.

0
mark7219 (5666)

Outlook Email Links
Running Outlook 2002 from Office XP Professional on Athlon 700/MHz Gateway, w/256K Ram, and Windows XP. Whenever I click on a hyperlink in an email it opens IE(6) and then opens a new Outlook window behind that. The IE window does nothing, when I minimize or close it I can see a new Outlook window on top of the original, and in some cases it displays the link on the message side. I've tried several different fixes from the FAQ's etc. and twice now when I change something (the last one was the Outlook/Tools/Options/Security/Zone to Internet) it works for that session, but whe...

Dual Monitor
I'm currently using a dual monitor configuration and it works well. What I would like to be able to do is not out of the ordinary, but I haven't been able to accomplish it. I would like to have 2 different Excel spreadsheets open at one time, one on each monitor. Is this possible? Thanks, Jeff Jeff, You will have to size the primary Excel window to cover both monitors, and then position each workbook within the main Excel window. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Jeff Mortenson" <anonymous@dis...

Table Linking
I'll start out the question with what I'm trying to accomplish. Basically, I've created a form that populates data into a table (lets call it table 1). I want to be able to reference this table against a master table (call it table 2) and return the matching results. The form has a command button that runs a query that links these two tables and returns the resulting matches. The problem I am having is that if a user wanted to leave one of the fields blank on the populating form the query will not return anything. So lets say the form asks for State, City, County and Zi...

accidentally replaced existing file
I accidentally answered "yes" to replacing an existing document with a new one of the same name. Is there any way to recover the old document? In article <1109269672.244012.132640@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "addie" <addiemartin@mac.com> wrote: > I accidentally answered "yes" to replacing an existing document with a > new one of the same name. Is there any way to recover the old document? Unless you've set the file to always create backup, or you have some third-party backup/file recovery software, you're out of luck... in art...

Outlook 2007 and links
when I open an email in Microsoft Outlook 2007 - all of the sudden the links to webpages doesn't work - worked yesterday - now when I click on a link within an email it says "General Failure the URL was ..... the system can not find the file specified. I've made sure that he default program in control panel that opens URL's is firefox, I've checked the default to make sure that FF is the default browser...what happened between yesterday and today?? how do I fix this please? thanks Pam When you change the default to Internet Explorer, does it work then? If yes, c...

Delayed Response Time Forms/Reports 2003 Linked Table
I've been trying to create forms and reports (queries also) in Access 2003. I linked an Excel file located on my server and the process is incredibly slow. I get a significant lag when I try to adjust properties of any type for a data field or label or any other object. When I import the excel file it works fine. Is there anything I could possibly do to fix this issue. It seemed to be working fine last week, but this week I'm having trouble. Thanks. ...

E-mail monitoring
I have an employee that we suspect is reading/sending e-mail all day but I haven't been able to prove it as she cleans out ALL of her folders as she is going along. I don't have the time to spy on her mailbox through "sharing" because I would have to watch her constantly. Are there any other thougths on how I can copy her inbox where she can't delete my copy??Other ideas? Much appreciated. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Implementing-Exchange-2003-Message-Journaling.html -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "...

Link between cells in different workbooks
I can link cells in different workbooks selecting the source cell with the keyboard, but not with the mouse. When opening the source workbook, the cursor is an arrow instead of a cross. Any idea about what is going on? Thanks Seal, Sounds like you are in the "Select Object" mode. On the drawing toolbar, click the button with the arrow to toggle in or out of that mode. If the drawing toolbar is not visible, right click on a toolbar and select "drawing" to show it. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "sealawreg" <sealawreg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

edit links
upon hitting edit--links, there appears a link to: "E:/testprogram.xls" i want to get rid of this link. additional info: i have no idea of what this "linked" file is, probably one i used in the past, but he "E" drive is curious. i have tried all the usuall stuff like edit, links, change source, but to no avail. there are no spreadsheet formulas in the entire workbook. there are, however, graphs throughout that may have been brought in from another file, but all of the source data feeding the graphs are from this workbook and the graphs work fine. any thought...

Links don't work
When people have answered some of my questions they have put links on their answer page. The links are blue but yet when I go over them to activate them they will not work. Does anyone know why this doesn't work for me??? Is there something wrong with my settings???. Thanks, Catt ...

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc71.lib" #2
HI when I was building VS 6.0 projects I got the following error "LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc71.lib" " My project is .dsp, I am using Visual Studio 6.0 to build the projects. why it is refering mfc71.lib? I also have Visual Studio 2003 installed in my machine. I installed VS 2003 first for .Net projects, Now I have VS 6.0 projects. Then I have installed VS 6.0 and start building, few of my projects were failed to build because of the above error. Can anyone please help me out to solve this issue. Thanks inadvance. Regards Veeru A dsp file ...

Link Command Button
I have 27 Excel workbooks, each of which has a command button to run a program written in Cplus. I presently have this button on each workbook. If the program is changed I would have to go into 27 workbooks to update the program. Is there a way to "LINK" a command button to all 27 workbooks. My first thought is to open a new workbook with just the macro code and assign the command button for all 27 to this workbook. Will this work. Do you see any problems doing it this way or have any suggestions. Thanks Frank Does Cplus mean that it's an executable (*.exe)? Does ...

Convert hyper link to text
I am trying to write a macro which will extract a hyperlink form a cel and paste it as text in an adjacent cell. This I have acheived howeve I have 17000 entries for which to apply this macro to so am looking fo a soltuion for the macro which will enable me to do this in 1 attempt -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Simon, Rather than that, I would suggest using a User Defined Function, so that can put the hyperlink text anywhere, and so that it update automatically. See HyperlinkAddress in http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm#hyperlinkaddress You can d...

Replace Entity with GUID Workflow Problem
Hello Community, i created a workflow that sends a Message to customers when a new Case is created. But i discovered that some fields in the email do not contain the right information. The Name of the Customer is replaced with a GUID. Its the same with some other fields. Hope you can help me. Looks like this: Dear {16012172-D811-DC11-A1BF-0003FFB8734F}, We have opened a case "Demo Email 2 - Bildschirm defekt" in response to your request and assigned it to {065C3C16-F009-DC11-9622-0003FFB8734F}. Should you need to follow up on this case, please send e-mail tous or call our mai...

Linking to an appointment's required attendees
I have a report that pulls appointment records and I need to list and select on the required attendees. I can't see how to get this info by using CRM's views. It looks like they're held in the ActivityPartyBase table, but since we're always cautioned to use the views, it seems there should be an easier way than linking to the table directly and using the ParticipationTypeMask field. ...

Mathematical Calculations in a form linked back to a table
Hello I palnning on implementing calculation between two fields, and the result within another field. Suppose I have three fields called A B and C respectively. In the form I plan on Inputing a value for[A] and Inputing a value for [B]. Now, Field [C] will calculate [A]-[B]. When filed [C] is calculated, it is not in the table, like A and B are. I would like to know how to solve this problem. It is rarely necessary to store a calculated value in a table in Access. Much more commonly, a form (as you are using) or a query is used to do the calculation "on the fly", as it were. ...

excel 2007 edit links problem
I have another question, sorry to bother you guys. according to this linkage: http://help.wugnet.com/office/Edit-Window-Bug-Excel-2007-ftopict1001880.html when you press update links, you will have some problem to view the links. this web page one Microsoft MVP said this is a known bud on jan 2008. i would like to know, excel 2007 solved this problem yet? thx a lot~~~ ...

Linking within a Word Document
How do I link text wthin a word document? I'd like to link from the page number in the Table of Contents to the actual page listed. Thanks! Table of contents entries are hyperlinked by default in recent versions of Word. Note that you may have to hold the Ctrl key as you click the links. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Debbie" <Debbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2456CE05-C121-4F04-A231-E7E983931702@microsoft.com... > How do I link text wthin a word document? I'd like to link from the page &g...

Transfer Spreadsheet method Not replacing Sheet Name
I have this line of code which Transfers one record of a query and make a Worksheet named A_EXPORT. This worked fine until I started havin some linked references in the workbook to this newly created shee A_EXPORT Now instead of replacing the sheet every time I transfer data fro Access to Excel it is adding a sheet named A_EXPORT1 etc How can I get this to replace the sheet or can I copy the recordset t row 2 of A_EXPORT instead? EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!!!! DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, 8, "A_EXPORT", str, True, "" FollowHyperlink st -- Message posted from http://ww...

Lockout services, Replace & Repair lost & Broken Keys Locksmith Los Angeles
Los Angeles Locksmith Locks & Locksmiths Los Angeles CA. Locksmith services in Los Angeles, CA Locks Keys, Los Angeles Locksmith Services Company Security experts including business, apartment, home and auto security locksmiths. L.A LOCKSMITH SERVICES 1-877-364-5264 Find a locksmith 24 hours Locksmith Los Angeles, California Locksmith services and we are member of The California Locksmiths Association Los Angeles Locksmith Locksmith provides fast, reliable, professional 24 Hour Los Angeles Locksmith Locksmith services at extremely competitive rates. At Los Angeles Locksmith Locksmiths we ...

Link to download Office 2007 converter (Beta version) is broken
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/download/Office2004/ConverterBeta_0_2.xml&secid=4&ssid=36&flgnosysreq=True Anyone know where I can find another link? What's wrong with this one? What are you seeking that it doesn't provide? -- Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac "RobinMN" <robin@bitstream.net> wrote in message news:1190727633.490914.269610@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com... > http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/download/Office2004/ConverterBeta_0_2.xml&secid=4&...

linking problem lnk2005
Hello all, I have a linking problem, i get " Linking... LIBCD.lib(_wctype.obj) : error LNK2005: _iswupper already defined in TMHotkeys.obj LIBCD.lib(_wctype.obj) : error LNK2005: _iswdigit already defined in TMMDParser.obj LIBCD.lib(_wctype.obj) : warning LNK4006: _iswupper already defined in TMHotkeys.obj; second definition ignored LIBCD.lib(_wctype.obj) : warning LNK4006: _iswdigit already defined in TMMDParser.obj; second definition ignored " please help !! 10x You may have a conflict where you are linking to two or more libraries that have different implementations of the sta...

Linking item between two worksheets
How do I link an item (letter, symbol) to another worksheet within the same workbook then be able to double-click on the item and it take me to that item. Similar to hyperlink within the same workbook. Test-drive this blast from the past: http://cjoint.com/?cypbTlFKDw Hyperlink_matching_record_in_another_sht voila? hit YES below -- Max Singapore --- "CD" wrote: > How do I link an item (letter, symbol) to another worksheet within the same > workbook then be able to double-click on the item and it take me to that > item. Similar to hyperlink within the sam...

Mailbox monitoring
A business unit have asked us to investigate how we can go about monitoring certain target mailboxes. i.e what is sent and received by these mailboxes. Obviously journaling would be a good bet but I'm hesitant to create a new store just for a few mailboxes. I know we can put a forwarder on the mailboxes, but this doesn't help with mail sent from the mailboxes. Any other ideas how I can go about this? On Fri, 19 May 2006 06:09:01 -0700, Brendon B <BrendonB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >A business unit have asked us to investigate how we can go about monitoring >ce...

Can't follow link from within email
Problem just started. Suddenly, I can't click to follow links within a email message. I have to cut and paste in IE. Any suggestions as how to fix this problem? Thanks! What is the error message? if 'restrictions in effect... see administrator..." try http://slipstick.me/restrict -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:...