Repair OWA folders....

Hi all,

Full of shame I come to you guys again.... I screwed up my IIS CAS
folders...... AGAIN (I should no better after I f***ed them up in beta
2 also).
But ohwell, at least I'm learning more and more about the wonderfull
world of E2K7 right?

I wanted to add a redirection of the root of my website to the owa
folder and IIS changed this setting for all subfolders. Now when I want

to access my OWA, it just times out. I tried to revert the settings,
but did not have a backup of my IIS metabase... Also when I try to
change the settings, some of my folders do not allow me to change back
to folders containing UNC path's starting with \\.\

It pops up with the message "this is not a valid UNC path" What's up
with that????

I tried to remove the OWA directory with Remove-OwaVirtualDirectory and

add a new one with New-OWAVirtualDirectory -OwaVirtualDirectory, but
without success. Even a reinstall of the CAS did not solve my issue. A
reinstall does not replace the IIS folders.

Any troubleshooting tips guys?

Regards,

Mark

0
spam8082 (48)

Importing folders
How can I import old folders from a diskette into my new Outlook Express (under "local folders")? Any ideas? Thanks. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=f...

Renamed Junk E-Mail Folder
We're using MS Outlook 2003 (Standard) on several of our Dell laptops. After installing Outlook 2003 on a recently reformatted system, I noticed that my user's "Junk E-Mail" folder is named "Correo no deseado" which loosely means "mail not wanted" in Spanish. Since this is a system folder, the user wasn't able to rename it. Neither my manager nor I have any idea about why this folder has been renamed in Spanish or how to correct the problem. This is the only item in Outlook that has a Spanish translation. Too weird! Any ideas? look for l...

HTML Attachment in OWA on Exchange 2000

OWA #45
Hi, Can i upgrade OWA 5.5 to OWA 2003. Bye On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:32:07 -0700, Manish <Manish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Can i upgrade OWA 5.5 to OWA 2003. > >Bye Following the proper stesp, yes. www.microsoft.com/exchange Dear Andy, Can you tell me the steps. bye "Andy David - MVP" wrote: > On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:32:07 -0700, Manish > <Manish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > >Hi, > > > >Can i upgrade OWA 5.5 to OWA 2003. > > > >Bye > > Following the proper stesp, yes. > ...

Favorite Folders reverts to default list when computer shut-down
I have no problem adding, deleting or moving folders in the Favorite Folders pane. The problem is that they all disappear and revert to the default list everytime my computer is shut down. So I have to keep adding the folders back in Is there a way to keep the shortcut folders in the Favorite Folders pane? ...

Contacts in OWA
I have a public folder with all of our corporate contacts. When I open this contacts folder in OWA each contact is dsiplayed as a message. The creator is in the from field,the subject is the contact name, and the description is the actual message. It is obvious something is not setup correctly. They work in Outlook but how do I get my contacts to diplay correct in OWA? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;186707 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;192775 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;193134 http://support.microsoft.c...

OWA Display Settings
Is there a method to clear the Web Access Display Settings (i.e. Color Schemes, Preview Pane setup) from the server side of the application for either a single user or all OWA users? Also, I've had several users report that if they've attempted to access their OWA mailbox in FireFox, they lose the way messages are normally displayed in the OWA client where each message basically has two lines, one line for who it came from and when and the next line for the subject. After logging to OWA with Firefox, all of the information is displayed on a single line. This is on a Windows...

OWA
I have one computer that when trying to access exchange 2003 via OWA the messages are not listed. The message count is correct and all folders are there and visible but no message list or anything in the reading pane. Anybody have a fix? Are there no replies to this? I've found several others asking the same question here and getting no answers at all. EX2K3 on Win2K3 enterprise server, problem seems to be a client one as the same mailbox can successfully be accessed from other computers and this computer has same behaviour for all mailboxes. >-----Original Message----- >I ...

OWA not work properly
When users go to http://sitename/exchange they get the yellow OWA screen without the graphics. If I enter username, I get "HTTP Error 404 - Not Found". I have NT 4.0 SP6a, Exchange 5.5 SP4, and IIS 4.0 with all the latest updates. In Internet Service Manager, in the Default Web Site properties, I have the redirect to the above URL in the Home Directory tab. Under the Directory Security tab I have both Anonymous and Challenge/Response. In the Exchange folder properties (in Internet Service Manager) under the Virtual Directory tab I have the Local Path "c:\exchsrvr\webdata&quo...

How do I print a list of my E-mail folders?
I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. "AHD23" <AHD23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BFD12CA-5D55-4376-AF9C-58703042577D@microsoft.com... >I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. I don't believe there's a way to do that, except as a screen shot. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] This might be a workaround for you: http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?mnu=2&smp=12&cmd=showitem&lang=en In example #1, replace the line LoopItems Folder.Items by Debug.Print Folder.Name After running the code,...

Local folders
G'day, When I go to my Outlook Express, Local Folders The Folder named All forums always comes up opened. It has only just started doing this. When I close it to unopened, ie. + sign it will come up opened, - sign, next time I use Outlook Express. Is there a way to change this? -- chequer When the game is over, the King and the pawn share the same box. This group is for posts concerning MS Office. Outlook Express is not part of Office Please repost giving full details of your Operating system and version of OE. OE newsgroups. news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.pu...

What's the function of folder subscription in MS Outlook 2003
Hi, I would like my MS Outlook to show all imap folders in my account, but to run routine updating only on my inbox folder. I would like each of my folders to be updated only when I choose a folder. I checked my folder list and identified a distinction between "all" folders and "subscribed folders". For some reason, all my folders were already subscribed. I've unsubscribed from my folders, but the complete list keeps showing up. Is there anything wrong with my folder list routine, or is my logic erronous? Please suggest a solution? Ran ...

Unable to delete public folder in Exch 5.5
I have 2 exch server 5.5 sp3 under same Org and Site container. 1 of the public folder was created in server b. But server b crashed and left is server a. Even though in the Outlook we can still see the public folder, but in the server a, the public folder does not exist coz it was hosted in server b. I could not delete it and the message says - 'Unable to display the folders.The contents of this public folder is currently unavailable. Either the Microsoft Exch Server computer servicing this public folder is down or the public folder has not been replicated to this site' Anyone ...

Experts Challenge: MAPI is unable to access Public Folder store items
Goodday to all of you, I have crosspost my messages to several newsgroups. Reason for this is that my previous posts to different newsgroups did not solve the problem. Maybe if I crosspost, there will be an expert that has a solution. Also I am not sure to which group I should post my problem. Maybe this post long-winded, do not see at as material for a novel!!! - I am just trying to explain the exact TERRIBLE situation! ---- ---- ---- ---- I am experiencing a problem with our Public Folder Store. All my users are not be able to access e-mail items in the Public Folders using their Outlo...

OWA #75
Hi I hav exchg 2003 and xp pro clients. I have users ion the building where the exchange is standing who directly connect and others outside who connects via POP3. My question: Is it difficult to set up my exchange server to allow the users from outside to connect via the net directly to the exchange via OWA. I'm trying to find some articles with no success. Any help would be great. (Note: I can from within the network type in \\ipoftheexchange\nameofamailbox in the internet explorer and i can access it) thanks everyone craig hi connfigure owa with ssl http://www.petri.co.il/con...

OWA Question #10
Hello, we're running Exchange 2003 and I have the following situation. Several employees in our company decided to start a different branch. Instead of creating a separate domain we just created a new account in AD with a different domain suffix. So let's say they used to have account@companyA.com. But now they have account@companyB.com. They've been able to access email via Outlook just fine but when accessing it via OWA, they are unsuccessful. We've tried logging them in with both companyA.com and companyB.com domains in the login screen. companyA.com just retur...

Need to remove Contact Folder in Outlook 2000
i have a lot of duplicate entries (1000), need to remove the entire folder. Do you want to delete them or do something else with them, have you looked at the duplicate checkers here http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm#dupes "Rob Smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:118b501c3f5b4$d44891f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > i have a lot of duplicate entries (1000), need to remove > the entire folder. > > Need to remove the entire Contact Folder. >-----Original Message----- >Do you want to delete them or do something else with ...

OWA renders Page cannot be displayed
Hi, We are have Exchange 2003 installed on a Windows 2003 Server. We are allowing access to OWA from outside the network through SSL. We are having a problem with a few emails giving a page cannot be displayed error when trying to view them. These same emails can be viewed with no problems from inside the network(not using SSL). We have URLScan installed, but I can't see anything in the .ini file that would cause these emails to not display correctly. Any suggestions? ...

Free/Busy data setting in OWA
We implemented Exchange 2003 and pushed a client setting to all users to extend the number of months available in free/busy to 12 months with a group policy. It works fine if everyone is using the outlook client when they are in the office. But, if a user works at home one day or goes to a conference and does anything that updates the free/busy data, the OWA overwrites the users free/busy data setting it back to 2 months of free/busy available. Where can I set the free/busy data number of months available, in OWA? Is it a policy setting? On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:54:01 -0800, SKS <sks...

Can a front end server (OWA) also accept all mail for an organization
Hi, I was wondering if an Exchange front end server (OWA) could also act as the main server to receive mail before sending it on to an Exchange Cluster Server? Thanks, Dan Yes. You have to have the Information Store service started for this IIRC, but it can act as an SMTP Gateway. You would just point the mapping for port 25 on your firewall to the FE server. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Dan" <dfulmek@accuwareinc.com> wrote in message news:exxQ$aCqFHA.2652@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I was wondering if an Exchange front end server (OW...

OWA cant send emails, error with SMTP Virtual Server
i have a server setup at home that is connected to a ISP that does not allow SMTP from another domain. I created a a new connector to send emails using the ISP smtp server. Exchange System Manager failed to retrieve queues for the SMTP Virtual Server (error code = 0x800706BE). Check the event log and verify that the required services are running. i cannot send or receive emails using OWA ...

net folders #11
I am trying to use a shared calendar between two computers. I have set up everything with net folders based on all of the instructions I could find. The Outlook e-mail is set to Rich Text Format only on both PC's. The folder shares, all of the permissions are as entered, nothing is marked private. I can see the update messages being sent and being received, but nothing updates. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. ...

stange folder after install updates
hello, I've some computers with XP SP3 which after install some updates appear "strange folders". For example there're some folders in c: called: 6ac86d2ad9be93fc0f0ded or 22553c8e848b459d87bc49 I think that these folder are created when the installation on the update fails but my problem is in order to delete them I have to put myself as propietary of the folder manually, Is there any way to delete them automatically? sgr wrote: :: hello, :: :: I've some computers with XP SP3 which after install some updates :: appear "strange folders". F...

Public Folder Question #4
Is there a way to enumerate all folders and posts (including attachment labels where applicable) and redirect to a text file or CSV in a similar fashion that the DOS tree /F /A command would work? Thanks! ...

Can't open folders
Hi all, Whenever I try to open Outlook I get this error. "Unable to open your default email folders. Outlook could not start because a data file to send and receive mail could not be found. To add a data file, such as a personal folder, double-click the mail icon in control panel". And when I go thru the control panel icon it just tells me the file has been deleted. I first tried to repair Outlook with the CD, which didn't work. Then I tried to un-install and re-install, still no good. Is there anything I can do. Please help. TIA! Dan Version of Outlook? Does it star...