Renaming a mail site

Is it possible to rename our existing mailsite in
Exchange 5.5?

0
anonymous (74722)

Sorry, nope.

If its just for display sake you can change the display name on the
properties of the Site. This can get confusing down the road though.

--
Michael Barta [MSFT]
Microsoft Exchange Support

newsgroup purposes only.

"KJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to rename our existing mailsite in
> Exchange 5.5?

0
mbarta (202)

HELP! Send Mail Fail, WHY??
One of my user was able to send and receive mail find when he is at home using his cable modem. When he is at his son's home at VA he was able to receive mail but not send. This happen to him in a couple other places but not all the places. Does anyone know what is going on with my exchange 5.5 server or is it the ISP at where he is at is the problem? Thanks YH Yieng Him <yhim@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in news:BBDE50BB.545F%yhim@mail.med.upenn.edu: > One of my user was able to send and receive mail find when he is at > home using his cable modem. When he is at his son...

1 Mailbox for 2 E-mail addresses?
We have a user who is taking extended leave (1 year) and we would like to have all of his e-mail automatically sent to another user's mailbox without the forwarding. Is it possible to set it up so that this other user can just go to her e-mail and get his e-mail sent directly to her mailbox without the mail having been forwarded from his mailbox? why don't you want the mail to be forwarded? other option is to move the email address from the user who's going on leave to the person who's going to manage the email... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "David Rosen" <Dav...

Bounced mails
Hello, (Sorry for the big distribution but I did not know to who I need to send this question). Description: I'm working with Exchange 5.5 SP4 with Norton Antivirus for Exchange on it on Windows 2000 server SP4. I have also working with Mail relay from IIS Virtual SMTP (Windows 2000 Server SP4). The antivirus is not configuring to bounce any mails else of not repairable viruses. The problem: From time to time I have got from the relay mails that was for other person in my Exchange with this error: -----Original Message----- From: postmaster@mrelay..com [mailto:postmaste...

Windows mail
I have a big mails data which I wan to use by window mail with regular use. But WML don't support me this way. I import mails but incoming mails are in other inbox. How can I set my mails with regular base? How can save them at my desired locate(I already have mail in that forlder)? Thanks. Chand When you import messages, they are placed in the Imported Messages folder. You can select the messages, and drag them into another folder if you wish. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Chand" <Chand@discussions.micr...

Outlook 2003 sending Out of Office responses to Junk E-mail
Hello, I am trying to resolve an issue where several employees' PCs are sending Out of Office responses to junk e-mail, even ones that Outlook deems as spam and moves to the Junk E-mail folder. We are running Outlook 2003 on employees' PCs and Exchange 2003 Standard on our server. All that I can suspect at this point is that Outlook creates a rule for the Out of Office response and it is processed prior to the Junk E-mail rule. If someone has any suggestions, I would be more than happy to hear them. Thanks in advance. -- Dennis Bilyk OOF are server side rules, junk mail is clie...

Multiple Mail Messages & File Attachments Displayed
I have Outlook 2003 SP2. Periodically emails will arrive twice. In the message template, my email address will be displayed many times in the To: field and any associated attachment(s) will be displayed multiple times. Any assistance is appreciated. ...

Default Site ID Lookup
When accessing Transactions -> Inventory -> Transaction Entry and you click on the Default Site ID lookup window, you are not able to sort by Description. With a company that has multiple locations (100s) setup, it is very painful to scroll through the list. This sort is unavailable on both the SmartList Alternate GP Window sites lookup and the basic GP window sites lookup. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane....

Exchange 2003
I've a big problem, in the Dsaccess tab under the ESM, Exchange don't auto discover Global Catalog on other site than itself. So, when the Global Catalog fall down on one site, Exchange Server on this site can't contact any GC and Exchange server not work properly. Question : Autodiscover global access work ONLY in his AD site ? Thanks for answer. Hi, To diagnose the problem, post the output of your 2080 event from DSACCESS... that is the full topology in this site, and "1 site over" . You can get the 2080 event every 15 minutes by turning up diagnostic logging...

Mail-Enabled User Not Appearing in GAL
Hey folks. Strange query.. using Win2K3Ent and Exch2k3Ent, with latest SPs and hotfixes installed on both. Trying to create a mail-enabled user (giving impression of internal user actually aliased to an external SMTP address). I'm under the impression (confirmed by checking 70-284) that a mail-enabled user should appear in the GAL after a short while, and be available for clients such as Outlook to select directly (yet be aliased at the postoffice level). No matter what I try, I cannot get the user to appear in the GAL. Using ExchSysMgr, if I query the GAL, the user appears happ...

Some users cannot have replied E-Mail activity? Why?
Hi, It is really strange, in our company, some users's replied e-mail activity will not be put into CRM system by that router. I tested everybody by my internet mailbox. But meanwhile, some other users without problem. Anybody know that? Thank you very much. Raymond From what I understand... if you reply using outlook - it will not go through the CRM router and be placed in CRM... you must reply outside of outlook.... (i.e. hotmail, external account)... I think there is a TK on this... "Raymond" <xin421@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:015d01c3dc66$e19ca420$a401...

Junk Mail Filter Rule
Is there a way I can set up a rule that looks for an attachment, "DELETED.TXT", for the email and the attachment to be deleted. (So far I find a rule that searches for an attachment but it just looks for any and all.) TIA What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, RFJ asked: | Is there a way I can set up a rule that looks for...

When mail merge, I get this error, Pubmerge "out of memory"
I am trying to mail merge and I get the error Pubmerge "out of memory" I am using publisher 97 and Excel 2002 Save the data as a CSV (comma delimited), could be a solution. Are your MDAC components current? PUB97: How to Obtain Publisher 97 Knowledge Base HTML Help File http://support.microsoft.com/kb/185798/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "r5j4g" <r5j4g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC339DE0-5122-4FBB-AD03-C6941B3E22A0@microsoft.com... >I am trying to mail me...

New Mail desktop alert #2
I have two E mail accounts - hotmail and tiscali. I have set up new mail destop alert but this only works in respect of my tiscali account (POP) but not for hotmail. The former comes into the "general" inbox whereas Hotmail comes into. its own Hotmail in box - is this the reason for the difference in the two accounts? Can I configure Outlook so that the Alert works with Hotmail as well. I use Outlook Live . Any help would be appreciated. Roy Shopland The alerts only work with the default message store and pop accounts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourse...

Apply a Recipient Update Policy to mail enabled groups
Hi, I would like to use a RUP to change the mail address of certain mail enabled groups. So far I've been unsuccesful. Any hints or tips are welcome since information on this subject is hard to find. I'm using Exchange 2000. Thx! Check out http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/POP3SvcE2k3/1c031413-4110-4f76-8e3d-e1a42665d90d.mspx?mfr=true. This article relates to POP3 users, but it should point you in the right direction. Jeff Guillet, MCSE "workinghard@news.postalias" wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to use a RUP to change the mai...

Mail header contain physical node IP instead virtual IP
Hello I have exchange 2003 with SP1 on windows 2003 cluster. When we sending to internet from exchange cluster the mail header contain the physical node IP instead of exchange virtual IP, and cause our mail rejected remote host because they are doing reverse lookup Any Idea how I force to exchange that it will put the virtual IP in sending mail header instead physical Nagori Second result on Google http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.exchange.clustering/browse_thread/thread/4191473d1dc25394/b1190f4f791ab372?q=virtual+ip+node+smtp++group:microsoft.public.exchange.*&...

No archived mail after autoarchiving
I checked all the settings on the folders and in the tools- option-other-autoarchiving section. It creates an archive tab and tehn has the folder. however each folder is blank. i know I should have mail that meets the criteria of my settings. Is there something else I should be doing? Thanks Keep in mind that AutoArchive works off the modified date of the message, not the sent/received date. If you've moved the messages to/from other folders, for example, the modified date is likely to be much more recent than the received date. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP ht...

Cannot get mail to open on every try
I am currenty using version 2009 (Build 14.0.8064.0206) If I do not open in certain order, 1) mail 2) web browser and close in the same order the next time I try to open mail nothing happens and I have to restart the computer. Can anyone help with suggestions??? You need to update to 14.0.8089.0726 There is a known bug in your version where WLM does not always completely shutdown. That prevents it from starting again because its still running. This problem is fixed in the latest version available here: http://download.live.com -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us ...

Strange mail delivery
Hi, I have an exch2k3 organisation with 6 (3 exch2k and 3 exch 2k3 enterprise) mail servers in 3 locations. All mail passing through 3 out of 6 servers is logged to public folders. These public folders are not always on the same server as the sender or recipient of the mail which is logged. What now happens is that sometimes mail is delivered to the public folder and not to the user, as well as the other way around. (mail passing throug server Verona is logged in Public folder Management on server Milano for example). Another strange issue I have is that two users keep getting mail f...

External Mail to Public Folders
Sorry for the dumb question, but I seem to be missing what security settings are required on a given public folder for external mail to go to it. I thought it was just the "Annonymous" set to allow to Create Items, but it's not working. Thanks for help! Tim Tim wrote: > Sorry for the dumb question, but I seem to be missing what security > settings are required on a given public folder for external mail to go > to it. I thought it was just the "Annonymous" set to allow to Create > Items, but it's not working. > Thanks for help! > Tim Anonymo...

Old Mail Recovery
I need to recover old mail from a secondary drive that was previously my C: drive on my old computer but is now my secondary drive on my new computer. I am unable to import the old mail because I don't know the path used by Outlook to store the mail on the old drive. Run a search for a file with the following extension: .pst. Regards Stefano Colasanti Associate Expert Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c6001c39831$e2577df0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I need to recover old mail from a...

Getting 552 Requested mail action aborted: (from one user on Hotmail)
I have a home user that is using a Hotmail account to communicate with our company. She can email us perfectly fine when she composes a new message...however, when she attempts to reply to a message sent from us, she is getting back and undeliverable message as follows: name@domain.com SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data: host mail.domain.com [xx.x.xxx.xx]: 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation She gets this message even with no attachements. The host domain name and IP address are both correct as well as the email address (obviously since...

Stationary in Windows Live Mail.....
How can I add or create Stationary for Windows Live Mail ? How can I change the folder that Stationary is stored in for Windows Live Mail ? FDLeyda Tools (ALT+T), Options, Compose you'll find options to create new stationery or download. I don't know that there is an option to change the default stationery location. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "FDLeyda" <fdleyda@no_reply.com> wrote in message news:OJ1WpN47KHA.4508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How can I add or create Stationary for Windows Live Mail ? > How can I change...

Error on Internet Mail Wizard
I am trying to set up our (only) Exchange server to actually be our mail server. When I go throught the Internet Mail Wizard to set it up I get an error on stating that the selected server cannot be a brdgehead server. Do any of you have any ideas of what this error is? Randy =?Utf-8?B?UmFuZGFkZHl6?= <Randaddyz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:11D5D1E0-F546-42EA-893C-47FAB4D27F9C@microsoft.com: > I am trying to set up our (only) Exchange server to actually be our > mail server. When I go throught the Internet Mail Wizard to set it up > I get an error on stating th...

Mail to my customers
Hi I want to send mail from outlook2003/exchange2003 to my customers. I want every recipients to only see himself in the "To" field. I have tried to use blindcopy, but then the "To: " field is empty. The recipients are put in a distribution list - no more than 100. I don't try to make spam! Any ideas? Tor-Magne most people tend to add the multiple recipients to the BCC field and just add your own email to the To field.That way outlook doesn't complain about the To field being empty. The recipient will see it coming from you, and sent to you, that's th...

Creating a second e-mail domain?
Hello, I have an exchange 2003 Server SP2 running on Windows 2003 SP1. It has been a while since I've done this. Anyone have any good links for the best way to do this? Thanks!!! On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:10:55 -0800, "Boe" <boe_d@notspam.hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I have an exchange 2003 Server SP2 running on Windows 2003 SP1. It has been >a while since I've done this. Anyone have any good links for the best way >to do this? > >Thanks!!! > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319201 Just add the second domain to a recipient policy...