Rename W2K3 AD with E2K3

Hello,

Quick question.

I'm aware you can't rename a Windows 2003 AD domain in a forest containing
Exchange 2000 Server(s), that can be read in the MS Domain Rename Docs. But
I find it odd MS don't mention anything about Exchange 2003, which leads me
to below question:

Does this apply to Exchange 2003 as well ?

Even though I personally would say yes, I ask so that I know for a fact.

Regards
--
Henrik Walther
http://exchange-faq.dk

Henrik Walther wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Quick question.
>
> I'm aware you can't rename a Windows 2003 AD domain in a forest containing
> Exchange 2000 Server(s), that can be read in the MS Domain Rename Docs. But
> I find it odd MS don't mention anything about Exchange 2003, which leads me
> to below question:
>
> Does this apply to Exchange 2003 as well ?
>
> Even though I personally would say yes, I ask so that I know for a fact.
>
> Regards

Yes it does apply to Exchange 2003 as well. It will probably be a
feature of a future service pack or product release, so check again when
Exchange 2003 SP1 becomes available.

Exchange System Attendant Does Not Start After You Rename a Windows
Server 2003 Domain
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822590
0
ajgroup (14)
12/7/2003 9:51:28 AM
On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 20:51:28 +1100, Andrew Purdon wrote:

> Yes it does apply to Exchange 2003 as well. It will probably be a
> feature of a future service pack or product release, so check again when
> Exchange 2003 SP1 becomes available.
>
> Exchange System Attendant Does Not Start After You Rename a Windows
> Server 2003 Domain
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822590

Thanks a lot Andrew, just the information I needed :)

Suggestion to MS:

Get the following two docs updated:

Understanding How Domain Rename Works

Step-by-Step Guide to Implementing Domain Rename

They only mention Exchange 2000, not 2003 which is quite confusing.

Regards
--
Henrik Walther
http://exchange-faq.dk

Can you use AD users from a trusted domain?
We have a domain that the CRM was set up under with users in the AD and we created CRM users from them and this works fine. We also have a trusted domain with AD users and I would like to create CRM users from THESE records as well. Is it possible to do this? When I try to create the user under this trusted domain, it fails. Any work arounds? Thanks. You should be able to as long as it's 2-way trust. Is this within that same Forest? -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "AW" <AW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C453FA36-AE61-41F6-B32F-921C83D5FE...

create a user input query so it can be added on the switchboard?
How do I create a user input query so it can be added on the switchboard? I need to create a way for a user to input/select specific parms, press a button, then alacazam! Their query appears! (If you can't tell, the user's are unfamilar w/Access so it has to be easy for them.) I'll be adding this to the current switchboard. Thanks for any help! Thanks Chris! I'll give it a shot when I return to work Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes! Have a great weekend! Star "Chris2" wrote: > > "Star Taylor" <StarTaylor@discussions.microsoft.c...

Adding Outlook Express to my start menu
Is there any way to have Outlook Express open as a TSR as I log in like my anit virus program, spyware blocker, and other things do? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=...

Spellcheck in Outlook Web Access (adding words)
It has been noticed by staff that when using the Outlook Web Access (Ex 2003); the spell check does not recognise our company name (Mondial). As the spell check can't be corrected via the webmail user, how can we add these words to the dictionary on webmail? On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:39:08 -0800, Bretto wrote: > It has been noticed by staff that when using the Outlook Web Access (Ex > 2003); the spell check does not recognise our company name (Mondial). As the > spell check can't be corrected via the webmail user, how can we add these > words to the dictionary on web...

Getting Exchange Tabs on Domain Controller AD users &computer
I have a DC that when you go to AD users & computers and double click a user, the exchange tabs are not present. How can I get them on there? Install the Exchange System Manager, by running a custom install of Exchange on that DC, remember to apply the Exchange service pack as well. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Mark" <mercado@diahome.org> wrote in message news:f65201c43de2$f0b84d50$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I have a DC that when you go to AD users & computers and > double click a user, the exchange tabs are...

adding zeros to a cell
If I put a dash and put zeros in after it, how can I make it stay in that format? Or even, how can I make a cell display multiple zeros instead of one? I have custom formatted a cell but it doesn't hold it's properties when it comes to combining cells. Thanks. Precede your data with an apostrophe ('). For example: '-000123 HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >If I put a dash and put zeros in after it, how can I make it stay in that >format? Or even, how can I make a cell display multiple zeros instead of >one? I have custom formatted a...

E2K/W2k to E2k3/W2k3 side-by-side upgrade process
I'm in the process of planning out a Windows Server 2003/Exchange 2003 implementation within an existing Active Directory 2000, Exchange 2000 native mode environment. My existing Exchange environment consists of ~250 mailboxes and a handful of public folders running on a single back-end server (SVREX006), with OWA server by a single front-end server (SVREX007). Neither server is a Domain Controller or Global Catalog server - they exist separately (SVRGC001, SVRDC005). I have a new server that is going to act as our new E2k3/W2k3 back-end server. Ideally, I'd like to introduce this ser...

adding multiple records in one fell swoop
Hi, In my database, I'd like to give users the ability to add more than one record to a table at once, should they desire to. Is there a way to do that? I would guide them to a special form where they could just enter the number of instances of a type of record and that number would create that number of instances in my "instances" table (the date column I would like to just populate with the current date instead of using the exact date of the specific instance). Is this possible? Thanks so much! David Sounds like an Append Query to me. grep dave.degroot@gmail.com wrote:...

Sumproduct with added days
I am using Sumproduct to count the number of parts delivered late to schedule, but we have a 5 day grace period that I can't figure out how to accommodate. What I need to do is add 5 days to the due date (X:X) then determine if the receipt of the part (Y:Y) was later than that date. what I have is: =SUMPRODUCT(--(DATA!AE2:AE7500)=R6),--(DATA!X2:X7500<DATA!Y2:Y7500)) DATA! is the tab where the data is pulled into from their various legacy systems AE:AE is the vendor code (I am collecting the data by vendor) X:X is the scheduled due date Y:Y is the actual receipt date ...

Manual remove Exchange 2000 from AD
Hi, I inherited a Windows 2000 Active Directory network that I have been cleaning up. Im installed Exchange 2003 only to find out there was a failed Exchange 2000 install from years ago that AD still sees. When I open the Exchange System Manager tool it shows my new Exchange 2003 server and this old Exchange 2000 server. And it somehow blended the configs so my Recipient Update Service were pointing to a server that didnt exist. My question is how can I remove the Exchange 2000 server from AD when the physical server is not around anymore to un-install? Thanks for the help. -Ken Hi Ken...

Adding Rows
I have a worksheet of appx. 500 rows. I would like to add a blank row in-between each existing row. Is there an easy way to do this? Hi Denver Try this macro solution Sub test() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim numRows As Integer Dim R As Long Dim Rng As Range numRows = 1 Set Rng = Range("a1:a500") For R = Rng.Rows.Count To 1 Step -1 Rng.Rows(R + 1).Resize(numRows).EntireRow.insert Next R Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Denver" <...

Migarting from 2000 Exchange/AD to New 2003 Ad Domain/Exchange
Hello, I currently have a 2000 domain with Exchange 2000. It is in mixed mode, but there are not NT DCs, so it can be changed to Native. I need to migrate to a new 2003 Ad domain/Exchange server. I would prefer not to do an upgrade. I need to change the NetBIOS name and the AD name. There are some odd issues with the current domain that also make me want to start from scratch. I think I basically understand how the ADMT handles the domain migration. I'm completely clueless on how it handles the Exchange migration. I see references to it, but nothing with a lot of detail. How do the ...

adding a word of text to a column
In Excel, I need to add the word "each" to an existing column of text. Is there a way to paste this word in without having to add it into each row, one row at a time? Sales Guy, Insert a new column, then use a formula like =A1 & " each" or, if you have numbers that require formatting =TEXT(A1,"$0.00") & " each" Then copy the formula down to match your column of text, copy all of those formulas, paste special / values to convert them to strings, then delete your original column of data. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Just a sales guy&quo...

Exchange Admin from AD Users and Group
Hello, I have a really odd issue, I am running Windows 2k3 and exchange 2k3. for some reason on all my AD's and my admin console on my machine when I create a new user, and give it an emial add the address doesnt take, but when I do it on the exchange server it works fine. I am logged into exchange server with same credentials as my local machine. Kind Regards, Ankit On 4 Apr 2007 07:45:44 -0700, "APARIKH" <ankit.parikh@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, >I have a really odd issue, I am running Windows 2k3 and exchange 2k3. >for some reason on all my AD's and my admi...

formula for adding up 3 different start and finish times
Hi. Can any one tell me the formula for adding up 3 different start and finish times within a 24 hour period. I have set up a time sheet that has shifts of Morning, Afternoon and Evening i enter in my start and finish times for each shift but can not figure out how to add them all together. -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie Hi With your data in A2:F2 enter in G2 =MOD(B2-A2,1)+MOD(D2-C2,1)+MOD(F2-E2,1) Format G2 as hh:mm The MOD part of the formula will deal with any shifts crossing the 24 hour barrier. If you want your result in d...

adding navigational buttons to a form in datasheet view.
I'm creating two forms with navigational buttons to move inbetween the two of them. One form is Columnar, and the other is in Datasheet. The button shows up on the first form, but unfortunately I can't get the button to show up on the form that is in datasheet view. Can anyone tell me how? You can't! With a datasheet form you get what Access gives you; data fields in rows! You can do all you want in Design View, add command buttons, labels, comboboxes, etc, format fields with color and so forth, but they're not going to show up when the form is run! The best you can do is ...

Adding a new actity type
Hi, I want to add new activity type(like email, task, appointment etc) to the CRM 3.0 activities. Please let me know if it is possible. If yes, how can this be achieved. Please advise. Thanks, Mahalax. No you cannot add new activity types. The only thing that you can do is to rename any of the standard activity types that you feel will not be used in your implementation and add the attributes required for your new activty type. "Mahalax" wrote: > Hi, > > I want to add new activity type(like email, task, appointment etc) to the > CRM 3.0 activities. Please let ...

Adding text content to Memo field
I have two memo fields, Memo1 and Memo2. Memo1 cannot be edited (its locked property is set to true). So I have the user enter text notes in Memo2, and then I have a command button that allows the user to add the contents of Memo2 to Memo1with the current date. My code is as follows: Me!Memo1 = vbCrLf & Format(Date, "mm/dd/yyyy") & vbCrLf & Me!Memo2 & vbCrLf & Me!Memo1 Now I am recieving an error message: "Could not update. Currently locked by another session on this machine". I belive I have about 72K characters in the Memo1 field and was wondering if ...

Import users to AD
I am trying to import 200 users from a .csv file to Windows 2008 R2 Active Directory. As I have no idea of scripting, I searched the Internet and found this: Import-CSV c:\users.csv | ForEach-Object { New-QADUser -Name $_.display -SamAccountName $_.SamAccountName -UserPrincipalName $_.user1 -FirstName $_.first -LastName $_.last -DisplayName $_.display -Phone $_.phone -Department $_.departamento -Title $_.Title -Company $_.company -Streetaddress $_.street -PostalCode $_.zip -City $_.city -StateOrProvince $_.state -UserPassword $_.password -ParentContainer DOMAIN.CORP/NEWUSERS } ...

Excel '97 adding today's date
Is there away I can add today's date by a keystroke? Use CTRL+semicolon. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "KNIB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60211908-61CC-4E98-AD45-37A3D6444393@microsoft.com... > Is there away I can add today's date by a keystroke? ...

adding sound clips to emails
I am wanting to add a wave file to my email that will play automaticaly when the email is opened .... How do I do this?? http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/addingsound.htm=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Brian asked: | I am wanting to add a wave file to my email that will play | automaticaly when the email is opened .... How do I do this?? ...

Adding Matrix Dimensions Easier (2.0)
We would like to see the area where you define dimensions, more keyboard useable. An example, to be able to tab through the boxes. It seems very easy to get stuck where the mouse is required to make the entry area active again. Thank you ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in ...

Enhance Great Plains Intercompany adding needed drill down
Great Plains Intercompany does not provide logical drill back or company identification in the transactions. This is lacking, on screen, through drill down, via SmartList, and reports. In the upper market space this functionality is essential. When used for centralized payment the company ID is not readily available from history for the orginating or receiving company. Because of the complexity of Intercompany, and hopfully, the eventual addition of SOP and POP, offering a third party solution has its drawbacks. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsof...

added FltRegisterFilter to the WDK kbdFilter example..get linker e
hello, i have built and have successfuly installed and used the sample mini filter keyboard driver from the WDK samples. i have modified the DriverEntry function to call FltRegisterFilter....and i get a linker error....'unresolved external symbol _FltRegisterFilter@12'. i am sure this function lives in fltMgr.lib, and i have used dumpbin.exe on this lib file and i have seen FltRegisterFilter in there. so, i have tried two things, both of which have had no effect: 1) in the SOURCES file (which is called from the MAKEFILE) i have added the line: LIBRARIES=C:\Win...

Business Portal 3.0
I clicked on "Manage Business Portal users" - Then "Add new users". Walked myself through the wizard (which worked perfectly on all steps: it was able to view the domains, domain groups, domain users, match up users to GP employee ID's, etc) but at the last step when hitting Finish button a popup appears: "An unexpected error has occurred: soap:Server System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. --> Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: The user does not exist. --> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: .... at SPReque...