Removing Public Folder Replica(s)

I will be removing an Exchange 5.5 site from our environment later this
week.  I have found an article that goes over the process.  One of the steps
is to remove Public Folder Replicas from Exchange_Site_B.  This is where I'm
having trouble.  When I try and remove the replica from Site_B, I get an
error that I don't have permissions to perform this operation on the
Information Store.  The exact message follows:

You do not have the permission required to complete the operation on the
information store.

Microsoft Exchange Information Store
ID no: c1040af3

Now, I have checked permissions several times, and I do indeed have rights
on the Informaton Store.  Both the Public and Prive store.  Am I missing
something else?

Any help would be great!
TIA
RC-


0
r_candee (6)
1/13/2004 2:46:54 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

2 Replies
328 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 44

Hi RC,

In Exchange 5.5 on the properties of the public folder, there is a checkbox
to "limit administrative access to home site" if this is checked, then only
the admin for the site where the folder is homed can remove this.

Either ask that admin to remove the replica or have the box unchecked

Hope this helps

-- 
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


"RC-" <r_candee@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:umbKXQe2DHA.308@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> I will be removing an Exchange 5.5 site from our environment later this
> week.  I have found an article that goes over the process.  One of the
steps
> is to remove Public Folder Replicas from Exchange_Site_B.  This is where
I'm
> having trouble.  When I try and remove the replica from Site_B, I get an
> error that I don't have permissions to perform this operation on the
> Information Store.  The exact message follows:
>
> You do not have the permission required to complete the operation on the
> information store.
>
> Microsoft Exchange Information Store
> ID no: c1040af3
>
> Now, I have checked permissions several times, and I do indeed have rights
> on the Informaton Store.  Both the Public and Prive store.  Am I missing
> something else?
>
> Any help would be great!
> TIA
> RC-
>
>


0
mtravers (146)
1/13/2004 4:09:10 PM
Thank you Melissa, I was afraid of that ' -)

"Melissa Travers [MSFT]" <mtravers@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:OphOW%23e2DHA.2308@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hi RC,
>
> In Exchange 5.5 on the properties of the public folder, there is a
checkbox
> to "limit administrative access to home site" if this is checked, then
only
> the admin for the site where the folder is homed can remove this.
>
> Either ask that admin to remove the replica or have the box unchecked
>
> Hope this helps
>
> -- 
> Melissa Travers, MCSE
> Microsoft Exchange Support
>
> Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup
> purposes only.
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
>
>
> "RC-" <r_candee@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:umbKXQe2DHA.308@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > I will be removing an Exchange 5.5 site from our environment later this
> > week.  I have found an article that goes over the process.  One of the
> steps
> > is to remove Public Folder Replicas from Exchange_Site_B.  This is where
> I'm
> > having trouble.  When I try and remove the replica from Site_B, I get an
> > error that I don't have permissions to perform this operation on the
> > Information Store.  The exact message follows:
> >
> > You do not have the permission required to complete the operation on the
> > information store.
> >
> > Microsoft Exchange Information Store
> > ID no: c1040af3
> >
> > Now, I have checked permissions several times, and I do indeed have
rights
> > on the Informaton Store.  Both the Public and Prive store.  Am I missing
> > something else?
> >
> > Any help would be great!
> > TIA
> > RC-
> >
> >
>
>


0
r_candee (6)
1/13/2004 4:31:57 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Merging folders in WLM
In OE and Windows Mail all messages went into the Inbox, no matter how many email addresses I had. In WLM they all go into separate folders. I'd like to have things back the way they were. How can I do this? Thanks Sorry, that's the way Windows Live Mail works. You can simulate the older mail client behavior by collapsing all the accounts to one line each, then do all your viewing via Quick View folders, which can be customized quite a bit. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "RobJenk" <...

Public folders in OWA #2
I had a problem earlier this week with getting OWA to work, finally got it working, when i added the defualt app under IIS. But when it comes up now if you go to public folders it shows it as a Directory rather than the normal outlook contacts look....you can browse it all the way to the contact, like this: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:51 AM 893 Bob Ponder.EML Any ideas? Sounds like you modified something in IIS Admin, then had those settings propagate down to the Public vdir. The only way I've ever been able to fix the view problem you are mentioning is to reinstall...

Transfering Outlook Calendar, Contacts and IMAP-folders to Live Ma
I have a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. Live mail doesn't pick up the Outlook Calendar, Contacts and the IMAP folders I had created. How can I get these over from my old Outlook to Live Mail. (I have saved the pst file) Ulf Eriksson wrote: > I have a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. > Live mail doesn't pick up the Outlook Calendar, Contacts and the IMAP > folders I had created. How can I get these over from my old Outlook to Live > Mail. (I have saved the pst file) Download and install the trial version of Office 2007....

OE removed access to unsafe attachments
New computer and OE will not allow ANY attachments to be accessed, even though they are safe and have been opened in other email addresses. Any ideas There is a setting in outlook that tells it to strip attachments. If you uncheck this it will allow attachments and allow you to open the attachments taken out before. >-----Original Message----- >New computer and OE will not allow ANY attachments to be >accessed, even though they are safe and have been opened >in other email addresses. Any ideas >. > tools-options-security-uncheck the do not allow attachments block &qu...

how do I remove all hyperlinks in Publisher doc?
I've copied some information from Wikipedia and want to insert it into a Publisher document. Is there an easier way to remove all the hyperlinks rather than selecting each one and removing them? LJM Paste special, unformatted text. There is a neat little utility you could download. When you copy from the Web this utility will convert the copy to plain text with a click. http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext/ -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "LJM" <LJM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BEDA7B7F-70D1-4FD2-A697-E18335BAFFD9@microsoft.com... > I&#...

How to remove dashes and slashes form a sequence of numbers & lett
Hi I have a sequence of numbers in column D and I require to extract just the numbers and letters to column E. D 190/0-01 31-0014 pp7/44-1 uf-744-5 E 190001 310014 pp7441 uf7445 Any pointers would be much appreciated. Kind Regards Celticshadow Put this in E1: =3DSUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(D1,"/",""),"-","") and copy down as required. Hope this helps. Pete On Oct 14, 11:34=A0am, Celticshadow <Celticsha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > > I have a sequence of numbers in column D and I require to extract just th= e > ...

How to create treeview active control as another activex control's child?
I want to create an activex control who will wrap a treeview active control but has some its own logic. I don't know how to create it and how to set its position and size. say,if I want my active control's size is the same as the treeview active control. Any idea ? Thanks ...

how to remove beta 2008 for mac
I can't make the remove 2008 (beta version) work- I just get a message that says it wont work and offers to relaunch- in order to ready mac for new 2008 install, is there a way to manually remove 2008 beta? thanks, ordway Yes, there is a way: Contact the beta team directly for this information (we are not allowed to publish it...) On 25/01/08 11:48 AM, in article ee8a618.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "ordway@officeformac.com" <ordway@officeformac.com> wrote: > I can't make the remove 2008 (beta version) work- I just get a message that > says it wont work and of...

having every deleted items folder empty on exit
Hi. I have outlook 2003 set up so that my deleted items folder in my default personal folders empties when I exit. At the same time, my wife has a personal folder set up that has a deleted items folder in it as well. However, this one does not empty automatically as the default deleted items folder does upon exit. Is there any way to change this so all deleted items folders empty when I exit? Thanks for any help. No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Othe...

problem Opening jpg's only
Recently, in Outlook 2003, I noticed that I can';t open and view jpg's anymore. Other attachements (mpg, pdf) are fine. I get the message: 'The system cannot find the file specified' I can save the file to disk and can view it easily just by clicking on it. It happens whether McAfee antivirus is enabled or disabled. I don't think it is level 1 attachments which are being blocked as in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 829982. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Craig I am having the same issue. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks Jeremy >-----Original M...

WMP 11 won't play CD's without a loud choppy sound with the audio
Hello, On a new install of XP SP3 I added WMP 11. Soundcard is an old Soundblaster Audigy but always ran fine in my old machine. When I try to play any CD I can hear the audio in the background but a loud chopping type noise over rides it. I have never added any codecs of any kind, it's my understanding you get the correct ones with the player. I have 2 DVD drives and the result is the same in either drive. However Winamp will play the same CD just fine. Thoughts anyone? Also I notice that Nero Showtime locks up and won't run at all I am wondering if there i...

RA's showing on Invoices
Does anyone know if there is a way to apply a return to an invoice, and have that reflected on the invoice balance? If I remember basic accounting from many years ago, an invoice is the record of a specific transaction for an account and a statement is the record of the activity, over a period of time, for an account. You are trying to mix the two. I don't know of any way to do this - perhpas someone else will chime in with a brilliant workaround. -- Lyle U Kelly wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to apply a return to an invoice, > and have that reflected on the i...

Signature Removes after Office Updates
All clients have signatures setup with disclaimers. However, after applying Microsoft updates via WSUS, the settings for the signatures are removed and are not automatically showing on new mail and replies. Can anyone provide some direction on what to look into to get this corrected? This client must have the disclaimers show on every new mail and reply coming from within the network. Thanks !!! ...

Is it normal when the sever's response is "service unavailable"
Just set up my new Outlook address for home use but when I sent a message I got an error message stating : No respones and server is unavailable try again later. Does that mean I did not set up well? When you say you set up for home use, are you trying to pull work email from home? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "may" wrote: > Just set up my new Outlook address for home use but when I sent a message I > got an error message stating : No respones and server is unavailable try > again later. Does that me...

releasing shared folder from read only..
X-No-Archive: yes I've got a simple network, 3 computers + 2 wireless, all XP Pro. Have A folder called *work* set up on one computer which I can see, open and open files inside from any computer on the network. I cannot save back to the folder because it tells me it is 'read only' ..............which it is! I've disabled simple file sharing and set the folder to full control, (it's shared, obviously) and each time I unclick the read only radio button in the properties tab for the folder, click apply, exit and re-enter the folder, the read only radio butt...

Cannot access Public Folders via ESM
Hello, I am not able to view or expand the public folders via ESM. I get the same problem if I try it from the exchange server, or remote. It just hangs, no error message. I or the users don’t have a problem connecting from outlook. I’m using exchange 2003 on wind server 2003 sp1 Thanks Try restarting the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service. "Marsel" <Marsel @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EBCE555-FCDD-4304-B2C4-F82E5DD1690E@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I am not able to view or expand the public folders via ESM. I get the same &g...

remove exchange 5.5 server without uninstalling
Currently I have exchange 5.5 running along with exchange 2003. The emails are routed from internet to 5.5 and then send over to 2003, and vice versa. Currently I do not have a mx record for exch 2003 server, I have one mx record only for 5.5. Now before completely removing exchange 5.5, is there anyway that I can stop the exchange services on 5.5 and see if everything will still function properly in the network. i.e. I should be able to send to external users outside my org and also receive emal successfully.I dont want to have any problems creep up later. If things dont work well on t...

what's the problem with online quote server?
For the past month or two, it's unavailable most of the time. Money keeps telling me to check my internet connection, which is not the problem. I have tried updating prices online at different days of week and different times of day, but I think the success rate is less than 10%. ...

Allowing Shortcut menu's
I want to allow for default shortcut menu's. But when that is enabled it allows the user to right click on the form and go to design view - which I obviously don't want. Is there a way to have one without the other? Note: I want to allow for shortcut menu's as I have a hyperlink field that I want users to be able to right click and add hyperlinks to. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-tablesdbdesign/201004/1 Consider delivering MDE files to users. -- Duane Hookom MS Access MVP "szag via AccessM...

Remove extra characters from a cell
This may be something simple, but does any one now how to remove leading characters from a cell that was imported from another system. The first 8 characters are zeros and don't belong in my spreadsheet. Thanks in advance. Hi you could enter the following in a helper columne =MID(A1,9,255) and copy this down -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ann wrote: > This may be something simple, but does any one now how to > remove leading characters from a cell that was imported > from another system. The first 8 characters are zeros and > don't belong in my spreadshe...

Lost folder #3
All my folders are gone. In outlook express i had a folder right after my drafts it's now gone. How can i find this? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us...

2 Personal folders??
Hi. I've just pasted my saved PST file into a newly formatted and newly installed Outlook 2003. Copied it into Me>local settings>application data>Microsoft>Outlook The trouble is, on opening Outlook, I now have 2 Personal folders, they are identical. All my stuff is there but twice. Could you please tell me how I can get rid of one Thank you Hi JB, maybe you have a Ghost PST file: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ghosts.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Outlook Groupware without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Synchronization for laptops: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware....

Exchange 5.5 public folders not being seen in Exchange 2003 GAL
We have an issue where some of our Exchange 5.5 public folders cannot be seen in the Global Address List by the staff who are using Exchange 2003. We have tried adding permissions to the public folders for the staff who need to send to them, but that has made no difference. The folders also cannot be seen in the public folder hierarchy. Any advice appreciated. swingman100@hotmail.com (swingman) wrote: >We have an issue where some of our Exchange 5.5 public folders cannot >be seen in the Global Address List by the staff who are using Exchange >2003. We have tried adding permissio...

Problems replication Public Folders
Hi, I have two Exchange Servers with Public Folders, they are replicating. I want to disconnect one of them for ever. My question is, what happend with the folders? All information are in the two server duplicated? I'm not going to loose any information. Thanks for all, I'm begginer in Exchange Server Mauricio Campos You need to make sure that you follow Microsoft's removal instructions before you just take an Exchange server offline. You will cause hell for yourself if you dont. See these Microsoft Docs. 235396 XADM: How to Determine the First Exchange Server Computer ...

Startup other user's folder
I have created an e-mail address with my company that about 400 people will need to access to sift through and work items accordingly... I was wondering if there was an easy way (possibly using command line options) to load a specific users folder? outlook /??? "foldername" (inbox) Thankyou very much for your help! Matthew ...