Removing last exchange 5.5 from exchange 2003

We have installed exchange 2003 linked to 5.5 and move all the mail from 5.5
to 2003 my question is, now is the time to remove the last exchange 5.5 I am
following the MS instruction on removing the last exchange but is not very
clear I am to the point that I am replicating offline address book and
schedule + free busy and eforms my problem is the everything is sync out
except free busy folder and I have a x.400 MTA from exchange 5.5 listed in my
2003 queue that when I turn off the 5.5 server keep sending mesage to 5.5.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Max

What are you using for your reference:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/Ex2k3DepGuide/d91c2065-99af-4056-9fa6-00dd8ac05374.mspx

Nue
"Max Talebi" <MaxTalebi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have installed exchange 2003 linked to 5.5 and move all the mail from
> 5.5
> to 2003 my question is, now is the time to remove the last exchange 5.5 I
> am
> following the MS instruction on removing the last exchange but is not very
> clear I am to the point that I am replicating offline address book and
> schedule + free busy and eforms my problem is the everything is sync out
> except free busy folder and I have a x.400 MTA from exchange 5.5 listed in
> my
> 2003 queue that when I turn off the 5.5 server keep sending mesage to 5.5.
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated.
> Max

0
imaneophyte (3004)

WINDOWS 2003 Server sp1 AND EXCHANGE 2003
Whe have 2003 server and installed 2003 exchange Server. I want to install sp1 to windows2003 server.. Is there is any problem with SP1? What is the risk of the sp1 for exchange? Selim: I am running SP1 on a lot of different types of configurations and have had no problems. (Well, one, but that was due to an old version Dell OpenManage.) I made a couple of different blog entries recently about my experiences with SP1. You can find them at http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com. They are all pretty recent in my blog. But, here are some other suggestions. 1) Read all the re...

Sorting problem #5
I've got 3 columns I want to sort based on the middle column, something I've done many times. When I try to sort on this particular spreadsheet, I get an error message I've never seen: "This operation requires merged cells to be identically sized." I don't have any merged cells. I tried copying these columns to a new spreadsheet, got same error message. I'm using an iMac, os X, and Excel (for the Mac) 2004, v. 11.3.7. Thoughts, anyone? Ed Highlight all the cells in the sort range and Format | Cells | Alignment tab and ensure that Merge Cells is completely em...

PDF Add-in for Excel 2003
Hi, Excel 2007 has a feature which enables you to create a PDF document from the spreadsheet. Is there an add-in available for Excel 2003 that does the same thing? I am aware of PDF writer applications which work by sending the printed output to piece of software, but this is not what i'm looking for. So please do not reply, suggesting software similar to Cute PDF, PDF 995 or PDF Redirect. These programs do not give us the desired output, so I am only interested in add-ons which are similar to the 2007 feature. Chris. Thu, 21 Feb 2008 02:38:00 -0800 from Kentucky <Kentucky@di...

Excel 2003 keeps crashing
I dont know if someone could help me out with this issue: multiple users here have this same problem that whenever they open a particular Excel file, it gives them a "Send Report Error." Weird thing about it is it doesnt happen in all their Excel files, only happens to some of them. Also tried opening the very same file/s they are having problems with on my machine and it worked fine. Details: Files are saved in a network folder Files are under 50MB size (varies) Files have Macros imbedded Files have links I have patched Office (SP2), updated Acrobat Reader, updated signatures, u...

How do I remove the 'default' Outlook Address Book?
Hi there, I am running ACT! 2009 and have the ACT! addresses as my default address list for email. What I am trying to do is remove the Outlook Address Book as it is the primary. For example, when I click on Contacts - it shows the Outlook Address Book, not the ACT! address book? I do not want this! I do want the ACT! address book here. It DOES however, show the ACT! when inside an email as I have set that up by going Tools-->Address Book-->Tools-->Options "Show this address book first" (ACT!) and When sending mail....(ACT!) is first. When I go i...

File System Error 2 during IO on log file .. MS exchange 5.5
I am getting following message intermittently. MSexchangeIS (277) File system error 2 during IO on log file. Event id 163 MSexchangeIS (277) Unable to write log Error -510 Event id 120 MSexchangeIS (277) Unable to write log header 510 Event id 121 An error occured while writing to the database log file. Attempting to sop the Microsoft exchange Information store Event id 1111 Unable to create log . The drive may be read-only, out of disk space, misconfigured or corrutpted. Error 510 ---> Because of the Exchange is not operative, i have to restart services. --> The same problem ...

Web Maintenance for MS Exchange 2003
We are looking for a product which lets our users (customers) maintain their Mailboxes, Public folders and some parts of their AD Accounts via the web. Many thanks for any recommendation ??? Does anybody know or has experience with a product called hostedexpress ??? EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Better posted in an Exchange group like microsoft.public.exchange.admin. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without readi...

Rule: How many can you have in Outlook 2000, XP, and 2003
I have a user who has 20 rules setup in his outlook. They are multiple rules inside each. Is there a set number of rules you can have before Outlook stops allowing you to turn these rules on? Thanks for the help Terry TPSchaefer <TPSchaefer@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a user who has 20 rules setup in his outlook. They are > multiple rules inside each. > > Is there a set number of rules you can have before Outlook stops > allowing you to turn these rules on? Not a set number of rules, but a fixed rule space. I think it's 32K. -- Brian Tillman Thaks for...

Exchange and POP email in same profile
Gurus, Is it possible to have the Exchange address and a different POP address exist in the same profile? I ask because, while setting up a new account on a new computer, I've discovered that I cannot have the Exchange mail delivered to "Mailbox - User1" (mail left on server), and at the same time modify the POP account to have its mail delivered to the .pst on the local machine. The dialog box only wants the mail delivered to one location, for ALL accounts. Do I have to use two different profiles in this case? Using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. Thanks! Yes its poss...

Outlook 2003 #100
I would rather use Outlook instead of Outlook Express. However, when I try to use Outlook a message comes up saying "the object could not be found" When I test my settings in Outlook everything checks out=20 fine, but the test e-mail is sent and received through=20 Express not Outlook. So far I have unistalled then installed; and redid my=20 connection set-up and profile in Outlook w/the same=20 results. I use the exact same settings for Outlook as I do for=20 Outlook Express and Express works fine.=20 Any help would be greatly appreciated. >-----Original Message----- >...

Visio 2003 Sample Code
Hi I am desperatly looking for sample code or Tutorial for developing Visio 2003 in C# Since the Visio 2003 SDK has yet to be released, the Visio 2002 SDK can be used for the basics. (Hidden somewhere on the MS website) John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "Roni" <ronip@ectel.com> wrote in message news:uFAd5h%23tDHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am desperatly looking for sample code o...

Running Outlook XP and 2003 side-by-side
I am responsible for supporting users in both 2002 and 2003 clients. How can I run both versions side-by-side on the same machine (the laptop that I take for training sessions)... -s. No can do... only one Outlook version allowed, but multiple versions of other Office components may be used. "-= shaunna =-" <shaunna.jagneaux@gwmail.maricopa.edu> wrote in message news:OtMkTK3zDHA.3416@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I am responsible for supporting users in both 2002 and 2003 clients. How > can I run both versions side-by-side on the same machine (the laptop that I > ta...

FIX: Untracking emails incorrectly tracked for Outlook 2003 and 2007
Hi all, As you know, it is tough to un-link or un-track emails (Outlook records in general) if you track them by mistake or link them to the wrong CRM record. The link below shows how to do it when using Outlook 2007. (I assume it is the same for CRM 3.0 and 4.0 but I cannot test the former since we just upgraded to 4.0.) http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2007/05/remove_crm_link.html The problem was doing it with Outlook 2003. I think I figured a way. You have to follow the steps in the link above but the problem was showing the CRM user fields in the email record to set them to 0. If you ope...

How do I calculate cells across Excel 2003 workbooks?
I have three different workbook files stored in the same folder and I want to have the three worksheets in each of the three workbooks totaled in a new workbook file. I am trying to create a quarterly report from three months of data. All data is located in the same cells in the worksheets in each of the workbooks. If the different workbook files were all in the same workbook, it would be a lot easier. Can that be done? "mj" <mj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99DDF3D0-2951-4FEE-978B-CCA5BE40D955@microsoft.com... >I have three different workboo...

why 2003 excell does not accept dot as decimal points
In 2000 ms excell, if i type 200 and dot (.) it becomes 200.00 In 2003 ms excell, if i type 200. it becomes 2 even I fixed decimal places to 2. I want to get 200.00 by typing 200 and dot. In 2003 ms excell, I have to type 20000 and it become 200 without decimal points so I have to increase decimal points by clicking increase decimal on the memu to get 200.00 Please reply me as soon as possible. Thank you Miki "miki" <miki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4BC6517-F243-4CD1-B807-180B2ADC818C@microsoft.com... > In 2000 ms excell, if i type 200 and dot (...

Infopath 2003, MOSS 2007, email form contents
I need to use our SharePoint site to send user support requests via email. So I created a from in InfoPath 2003 with the necessary fields, added a button to submit it to email as an action, and published it to a document library. And it almost does what I want except: 1) I'd like to put the user info (from the text boxes on the form) into the body of the email instead of as an attachment 2) The user has to actually go into the document library and click the New button. I'd rather maybe create a view that just has a button that does the New functionality? Then I can show j...

Attachment problem #5
Hi, I'm trying to send e- business attachment from Outlook 2000 to Outlook Express, they get the email but not the attachment. They still can get any other attachment though. Any ideas why? Thanks "Shammu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:298e01c3e108$931a53f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I'm trying to send e- business attachment from Outlook > 2000 to Outlook Express, they get the email but not the > attachment. They still can get any other attachment > though. Any ideas why? > > Thanks It's highly likely you are...

Office 2011
Hi, I have read multiple posts about the issue Entourage has sometimes with deleting Exchange mail yet it can be viewed in OWA. I have that issue with the beta version of Outlook still.....it is such a brilliant application but now have this issue. I am connecting to Exchange 2010 but have run Entourage EWS against it and it worked perfectly. I am sure this is not a Beta a issue because this is an issue in 'old' Entourage and others are using the Beta perfectly. Any suggestions? Thanks On 27/04/2010 13:39, iFoggy wrote: > I am sure this is not a Beta a issue...

Outlook (2003) Connector for Domino
I'm using the newest version (I believe) of the Outlook Connector for Domino - 4/7/2004 - with Windows XP SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP1. While I think this add-in was the best idea ever, I'm having a bit of a problem. As soon as I change a contact, task, email, or calendar entry, outlook.exe starts taking up 99% of my CPU and won't ever relinquish it until I shut it down. I've been searching near and far for about a week now, and I can't seem to find anyone else who's had this problem (with my config). I've tried random things to try and fix it (updating service pack...

Money 2003's Internet Updates corrupt causes shares transaction
Since Monday (20 Aug 2007), when I do a Internet Updates, my shares transaction records appear to get corrupted. I observed that this seems to happen to shares with a "split". I never have this problem all these years until now. I would appreciate if someone can help. -- Sitt Sen This is the same problem that I am enquring about, and it started on the same date. I do not think that it is corruption. I saw somewhere that it has something to do with "Tickers" having dots or no dots.... But I can't seem to find much more info, yet. "sittsen" wrote: ...

16 GB Limit in Exchange 2000 Standard
I read a few articles in which the Exchange Information Store could not be mounted because it was larger than the 16 GB limit. There was a registry edit to allow you to change the size to 17GB temporarily and then mount it. I am wondering if the latest Service Packs allow you to grow the store larger than 16gb, thus not allowing it to be mounted?? Also I had a question I posted ealier about my queues in exchange not expiring. Most of them NDR to outside domains. The dates to expire has already past but they don't disappear. I know I can probably delete all the queues but I would rathe...

Exchange upgrade #4
I have an Exchange server that has been having some issues and it has been decided that it shall be upgraded from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. I am looking for the best way to approach this. We are looking at scrubbing the existing machine as it has been acting a little "flakey" lately so this won't be just a straightforward upgrade. Here is our current plan of attack: Upgrade server to 2k3 and get a good backup. Scrub old server and install fresh instance of Exchange 2k3. Restore information to newly installed box. We don't want to loose any info so I need to know wh...

OK to Uninstall MS Money 2003?
Greetings, I have just installed from CD Money 2005. I have a backup of the Money 2003 data on disk. Is it safe to remove through the Add/Remove Programs, all instances of Money 2003? Note: There was no prompt to remove the older program when I installed the new program. TIA, Rich In microsoft.public.money, Rich wrote: >I have just installed from CD Money 2005. I have a backup of the Money 2003 >data on disk. Is it safe to remove through the Add/Remove Programs, all >instances of Money 2003? Note: There was no prompt to remove the older >program when I installed th...

2003 will not preview web page
I get this error message when I try to preview a web page. Unable to open C:\documents and settings\Tim\Local settings\temporary internet files\content.mso\pubwebpagepreview\pub3452.0\index.htm Cannot open the specified file. The only thing I can think that may have caused it, i was using Mozilla Firefox for a while, but uninstalled it. The problem began after this. Regards, Tim. I sorted it. Firefox does not uninstall cleanly. It left all htm & html files asociated with Firefox even though it had been removed. >The only thing I can think that may have caused it, i was >u...

Office 2003 Publisher
I designed a web page with frontpage several years ago. I would like to use office publisher 2003 to edit it now. How do I do this? When I try looking at page at a time the text is in lines instead of under the picture it should be. Help! Thanks for your time and help Are you working with the .pub files? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "mike r." <miker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DD378A3-6353-41DB-8926-B50D99AA03C9@microsoft.com... >I designed a web page with fron...