Removing last 5.5 server

We migrated from NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5 to Win 2003 and Exchange 2003. The
ADC was installed to move the mailboxes from the old server to the new one.
While the new Exchange server was installed into the new AD domain it was
also installed into the old Exchange 5.5 "site". In system manager we have
one Administrative Group which shows both servers. If I select the properties
from this group it shows the old domain and administrator account. Is this
correct? Do I need to be concerned if I remove the old Exchange server? I
have followed all of the other instructions from the MS KB and am ready to
delete this server.
0
radioman (8)

No, you don't need to be concerned.  That's just the 5.5 service account.
It needs permissions on that AD object (that you see in ESM) for everything
to work properly.  After you decommission the last 5.5 server and go Native,
it won't matter at all.

Colby

--
Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

"radioman" <radioman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We migrated from NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5 to Win 2003 and Exchange 2003.
> The
> ADC was installed to move the mailboxes from the old server to the new
> one.
> While the new Exchange server was installed into the new AD domain it was
> also installed into the old Exchange 5.5 "site". In system manager we have
> one Administrative Group which shows both servers. If I select the
> properties
> from this group it shows the old domain and administrator account. Is this
> correct? Do I need to be concerned if I remove the old Exchange server? I
> have followed all of the other instructions from the MS KB and am ready to
> delete this server.

0
colbyh (100)

Journaling with IMS Extension DLL on Exchange 5.5
I've activated inbound and outbound journaling on Exchange 5.5. The outbound journal seems to be capturing everything but the inbound journal isn't. Any suggestions as to why the inbound journal is incomplete? Thanks, Andy Laight I seem to have the same problem, I used to use Message journal with SP3 and it works just fine. After we move to a new server and SP4 was applied, I now only got outgoing emails journaled. What is the problem? Can anyone answer this question? So far I have done: 1. Everything from Microsoft KB-239427. 2. Using a mailbox to archive all journaled emails...

dates #5
Is there a formula to ad a numeric value to the name of a month. I am running a query in excel (pulling from an external source) and would like to sort as teh table refreshes by month and year. I have code to to do the refresh and the sort, but it sorts in alphabetical order. I was thinking a formula could place a numeric value to the month (1 = Jan, 2 = Feb, etc) and I can sort based on that. Is there an easy formula to do this. Thanks in advance Your easy formula could be: =MATCH(A1,{"Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun"...

926666 server hangs on reboot
After installing 926666 on Exchange 2003 SP2, server fails to load. Hangs at "applying computer settings". Never reaches logon screen. However, strangly server running and email services appear to be running on network. Windows 2003 Server patch 931836 was run prior. Seemed ok. Any ideas? In news:8505BE48-7A52-473A-BE16-15D5E9847149@microsoft.com, Sheila <Sheila@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > After installing 926666 on Exchange 2003 SP2, server fails to load. > Hangs at "applying computer settings". Never reaches logon screen. > However, stran...

Outlook 2000- Unable to Connect to Server
I keep getting an "unable to connect to server" message # ox800ccc0c when I click send/receive. My web connection works and I have rechecked all e-mail settings. I am at a loss to troubleshoot. So are we with the lack of specifics you provided. Version of Outlook and, if 98 or 2000, mode? Type of Account? Connection type (not dial up or broadband - check your account properties)? When did it stop working and what did you install/uninstall just prior to it not working? What KB articles have you already tried so we don't duplicate the effort? Have you searched google group...

Moving away from Front End Server and RPC over HTTP concerns
We are currently in the process of eliminating our FE server. We have 2 BE servers and will soon be going to just one after eliminating the FE server. All the mailboxes are on one BE server. Is there a process for removing a FE server that accepts RPC over HTTP connections and moving it to the one BE server that has the mailboxes and running RPC over HTTP without much client interruption? We were thinking of just moving the SSL cert over from the FE to the BE server, then just mapping the external IP address away from the FE server over to the BE server IP. My fear is that something could...

Is outlook 2003 compatible with Exchange 5.5?
Hi all, It's surely no problem that when I access the exchange via pop3, however, the connection becomes fail when I change to use mailbox access, does anyone can help? rgds, henry Outlook 2003 runs fine against Exchange 5.5. Just remember that 5.5 needs to be patched to SP4 and a couple of post patches thrown in for good measure since Outlook 2003 can cause the server to crash during backup. (Outlook 2003 writes some properties that Exchange 5.5 doesn't expect. The post updates correct that.) "Henry" <henry@henry.com> wrote in message news:u4zDB7sSFHA.331...

VLookup not returning the last value
Hello, I am using VLOOKUP =VLOOKUP(D7,X4:X7:Y4:Y7,2,FALSE) My problem is that X7 is not showing in the dropdown list. The dropdown is simple text a value just like the other rows. Can anyone help me understand why I don't see this value? Thanks very much! >>VLOOKUP(D7,X4:X7:Y4:Y7,2,FALSE) try VLOOKUP(D7,X4:Y7,2,FALSE) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07C02EA4-F498-4A0D-B161-5DD5411520C9@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I am using VLOOKUP =VLOOKUP(D7,X...

Exchange 5.5 IMS keeps stopping
Hello! I have been Googling for an hour trying to find a solution to a frequently-crashing IMS in Exchange 5.5 SP4 running on 2000 Server SP4. One reference said to look for old messages in the C:\exchsrvr\imcdata\in folder. There were none under that folder, but under C:\exchsrvr\imcdata\in\Archive, there is one file from 2003. It is an HTML file containing a price list. Could this file be the cause of the problem? Thanks! Gregg Hill On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:01:08 -0700, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote: >Hello! > >I have been Googling for an hour try...

1st server in an SBS premium environment...
We are looking at moving to SBS 2008 premium but due to $ constraints we will not be going to the two-server scenario to run SQL on just yet. In fact, we will stick with our current SQL Server (a win2k server) until such time as we can afford to purchase the 2nd server. My question is this, we currently have a fairly new Dell Poweredge 2800 server with two mirrored 75gb drives. The server has 2gb ram (4x512) and dual Xeon 3ghz processors with 2mb L2 cache. I was thinking that maybe I could upgrade this server (drives and RAM) and use this one as the primary SBS server - as we...

Outlook must download content from a server
When i try to forward or reply a mail with html content. Everytime pops up a question: To complete this action, Outlook must download content from a server other than your e-mail server. ... and so on. Buttons are OK or CANCEL If i click OK, the content is loaded, if i click CANCEL the whole action is canceled. To send the message i am forced to click OK. If i define in the Options that content should not be loaded it works, but thats not what i want. I would like to decide everytime if the content should be loaded or not. So if i click CANCEL i want to send the message without downlo...

Meeting Requests and Leave Mail On Server
If I have our PCs set up to Leave Mail On Server and Remove when Deleted from Delete Items, what happens to meeting request emails? When I click Accept, does outlook basically delete the email and then remove it from the deleted items folder so the email gets removed from the server or do I have to manually do something? I don't want hundreds of meeting request emails sitting out on our server after I accept/decline them. Thanks. ...

Calendar Permissions #5
Hi, hope some one can help me here. I'm having issues with a new install of Exchange 2003 on SBS. The users have all shared their calendars out with a default permission of owner. This should allow all users to view, create, and delete appointments in the specific calendar. When a user attempts to create an appointment in another users calendar a bubble pops up saying cant save item, unable to open the free/busy information. You do not have appropriate permission. All permissions look OK, but I added the two users to the domain admins group to test the permission level, but that ma...

Migrating from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0
I know that the below issue might have been raised tens of times, but unfortunately I have not yet found clear steps on how to do it !! We have been working with CRM 3.0 for the last 2 years or so. Our CRM 3.0 is deployed on a Win2003 Server, SQL Server 2005. Currently, we have plans to use CRM 4.0 so I have a number of things that are rather worrying me and I am not sure how to go about them: 1- We will have a dedicated server with Windows2003 Server Installed and a fresh SQL Server 2005 Installation. Apparently, I need to restore our current CRM 3.0 database on this new server then ins...

removing money 2006 off your computer
I made the error of curiously downloading a free trial of money 2006 on my computer - I have the disc for money 2004. Now that the trial is over, I want to go back to using my 2004 edition (I know I have to re-enter everything) - but it won't let me load the disc - it keeps telling me that I have to uninstall the 2006 version. I thought I had, but it still shows on my software list, though there's no application associated with it!! I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!! CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!?!?! please email me directly romero@shaw.ca odonlin wrote: > please email me directly romero@sh...

Outlook Express 5 #2
On loading, error message "MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module DIRECTDB.dll at 017f:7dbf3070.." Appeared to coincide with display config change? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of...

ActiveSynch 3.5
I am having trouble Synching my PDA(DELL AXIM5)with outlook2002. The PDA connects but I am unable to synchronize it to Outlook. Any help would be greatly appreciated Try upgrading Activesync to version 3.71. Also, try a soft reset. If this does not help, then try posting in microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer GaryB <anonymous@discussions.mic...

choose last cell with a value in a column
need to figure a function that identifies the last cell with a value (could be a number or a letter) in a column....I will be updating this every other day, it should be able to identify the next cell if I add a value to the column. for your help I am very thankfull. =SUMPRODUCT(MAX((ROW(A1:A65535))*(A1:A65535<>"")))+(A65536<>"") will tell you where the last value is, number or not. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "jcheko" wrote: > need to figure a function that identifies the last cell with a value (could > be a...

pop3 ans smpt server names?
how do i find my pop3 server name the server name for incomeing and outgoing server names Who is your ISP or mail server? Have you asked them for the correct settings? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "jim peerboom" <jim peerboom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D91F4C32-6D84-45D6-A59A-086B3173A021@microsoft.com... > how do i find my pop3 server > name the server name for incomeing and outgoing server names You contact your mail provider or visit their support site. -- -- "jim...

Remove BCC from Outlook 2003?
Is there a way to remove or hide the BCC option from Outlook? Been directed to do this by management but can't find a way to do this looking online. No.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "The Other Mike" <Noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message = news:sd3g031cor116rgkqp06tltlo54g5vq1mj@4ax.com... > Is there a way to remo...

Remove Windows Live ID????
When I started MONEY 2006 I just got a message to "Remove Windows Live ID from MONEY data files immediately!!". I went to the KB article and was a bit confused. It gives instructions to "Remove the Windows Live ID that you use to access your Microsoft Money or MSN Money Portfolio data file" or to "Change to a Standard Money Password or add the new Windows Live ID that you use to access your Microsoft Money or MSN Money Portfolio data file". I use MONEY 2006 only to keep track of investments and don't do any downloads from banks or brokerages. I am conf...

How to change which server sends outbound SMTP?
Hi, I have 3 sites each with their own Exchange 5.5 server. They are connected via a WAN and have exchange connectors setup between each other. Each site sends its own SMTP mail out to the Internet via local ADSL internet connections. The problem I have is that one site's ADSL has been cancelled in error. I have amended the MX records so that the mail is delivered to one of the other sites and then passed between Exchange servers across the WAN. That works fine for inbound mail. Outbound mail from this site is not being sent though. I have tried setting the SMTP connector to ...

2003 publisher #5
I have 2003 publisher but cant open a document that was sent to me using 2007 publisher is there a way that i can open this document without having to purchase 0ffice 2007 Publisher 2003 will open 2007 publications. Are you getting an error? Disable your anti-virus software and try again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "help help help help help help" <help help help help help help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C853B757-9DB5-4FE3-A558-008A85D4AB65@microsoft.com... >I have 2003...

[Exchange 5.5]: Orphaned Object ODN
Dear All, I would like to check ODN of a object which is replicated from another server. I can't check same on originating server as it has been deleted over there and shows orphaned object on my server. Thanks in advance. Regards, Dhananjay ...