Remove Exchange 2003 ADC server from Admin Group

DC's: win2k3
exchange: all 2003 enterprise sp2
1 FE /3 BE
-Tried to remove my First exchange server using  microsoft's KB822931.
-Problem is server still  has the ADC server role mapped to it.
-Turned it off to test if it's ok but  my BE servers  servers have started
queuing some  emails that htey are trying to send to this server.
-Emails are  from Servername-IS@exchg.mydomain.edu   Subject:  Hierarchy the
other one is the same but subject: Status.

-Do i even need to move this role (ADC Server)  in light that i dont have
any exch 5.5 servers?
-can i just uninstall exhcnage from this server and not worry about the
other roles.
my mail is flowing fine right now.

Thanx for your help
-
--
ulyses96
0

Hi,

If you have no more 5.5 servers you can remove the ADC using this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272314/en-us

After that just uninstall exchange if everything is moved away.

Leif

"ulyses_96" <ulyses96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> DC's: win2k3
> exchange: all 2003 enterprise sp2
> 1 FE /3 BE
> -Tried to remove my First exchange server using  microsoft's KB822931.
> -Problem is server still  has the ADC server role mapped to it.
> -Turned it off to test if it's ok but  my BE servers  servers have started
> queuing some  emails that htey are trying to send to this server.
> -Emails are  from Servername-IS@exchg.mydomain.edu   Subject:  Hierarchy
> the
> other one is the same but subject: Status.
>
> -Do i even need to move this role (ADC Server)  in light that i dont have
> any exch 5.5 servers?
> -can i just uninstall exhcnage from this server and not worry about the
> other roles.
> my mail is flowing fine right now.
>
> Thanx for your help
> -
> --
> ulyses96

thank you very much Leif; the problem is that this paper walks me through the
steps using exchange 5.5 admin console. i dont have this anywhere on my site.

My site is already running on Native mode.
Also, when i go into the active Directory Sites and Services snap in. i see
several references to Active Directory connector.  one is on the server im
trying to uninstall . another on my domain controller and another one under
Services>Microsoft exchange>Active directory connections. here i see a
"default ADC policy" item.  can i just delete these?
should i just go ahead and uninstall exchange from this server?  or should i
delete these items first?
Will i break how Exchange talks to AD if i delete these items?

--
ulyses96

"Leif Pedersen [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you have no more 5.5 servers you can remove the ADC using this:
>
> After that just uninstall exchange if everything is moved away.
>
> Leif
>
> "ulyses_96" <ulyses96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > DC's: win2k3
> > exchange: all 2003 enterprise sp2
> > 1 FE /3 BE
> > -Tried to remove my First exchange server using  microsoft's KB822931.
> > -Problem is server still  has the ADC server role mapped to it.
> > -Turned it off to test if it's ok but  my BE servers  servers have started
> > queuing some  emails that htey are trying to send to this server.
> > -Emails are  from Servername-IS@exchg.mydomain.edu   Subject:  Hierarchy
> > the
> > other one is the same but subject: Status.
> >
> > -Do i even need to move this role (ADC Server)  in light that i dont have
> > any exch 5.5 servers?
> > -can i just uninstall exhcnage from this server and not worry about the
> > other roles.
> > my mail is flowing fine right now.
> >
> > Thanx for your help
> > -
> > --
> > ulyses96

0
ulyses96 (22)

Sending a Publisher 2003 Newsletter in an email.
I'd like to send a newsletter I created using publisher in an email. I've tried a few different ways to do it but I'm not satisfied. I've tried to save it as a picture and insert it into Word and then put it in my email but it looses quality. I've tried to save it as a web publication but it won't keep the pictures I have in my newsletter. Any help or suggestions would be great. K.V.O. wrote: > I'd like to send a newsletter I created using publisher in an email. > I've tried a few different ways to do it but I'm not satisfied. I've > ...

ADC Connection Agreement Wizard
I have a mixed Windows 2000 and NT 4.0 network that I inherited. We have Exchange 5.5 running on an NT 4 BDC, and there is also an Exchange 2000 server at a separate site in the domain. We are preparing to install a new Exchange 2003 server at the main site and migrate all the users from the Exchange 5.5 server then decommission the old server. It doesn't appear that the Exchange 2000 server was joined to the Exchange 5.5 organization when it was installed because they are different business units. However, when I try to join the Exchange 2003 server to the Exchange 5.5 organization I ...

Voting Buttons Tracking Not Working (Outlook 2003)
I've seen some replies to this question/problem but for me it did not work when trying the Form Publish. Is there anything else I can do? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice XML/XSL VB Tester http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5ab62461-e3bc-4e21-9b2c-13f77a74daff/xmlxsl-vb-tester.aspx Replies to what question/problem? Describe what you're seeing in detail. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 <murray gree...

Service admin account
I presently do not have a "service admin account" that is recognized at my organizational level in Exchange 5.5. How do I add a service account admin account? When I try adding with various accounts I get the "you don't have permissions" error. Are you saying that your Exchange server's service account has been deleted/changed, or that you're trying to create another account with the same privileges? B. Clift wrote: > I presently do not have a "service admin account" that is > recognized at my organizational level in Exchange 5.5. > Ho...

Newsgroups in Outlook 2003 #3
I know this sounds stupid, but I cannot find out how to get my newsgroups integrated with Office 2003 Can anyone send me the directions [ eg. files ->...]? Thanks //Andreas You cannot. Newsgroups require Outlook Express to read. "Andreas" <andreas_skjaemt@privat.tele.dk> wrote in message news:BD4EFDCB-2B33-47F1-A91C-F9BDAD8231D0@microsoft.com... > I know this sounds stupid, but I cannot find out how to get my newsgroups integrated with Office 2003. > > Can anyone send me the directions [ eg. files ->...]?? > > Thanks! > > //Andreas Is that a n...

Problem With Front End Server Exchange 2003
i m running exchange 2003 Stan on server 2003. i got Error message on my screen There is no RPC-HTTP Front-end in your exchange Organization. There Must be at Lease on RPC-HTTP Front-end Server in the organization before the RPC-HTTp back and serve. so how can i configuration RPCHTTP Front End www.microsoft.com/exchange On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 08:11:04 -0800, dua <dua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i m running exchange 2003 Stan on server 2003. >i got Error message on my screen >There is no RPC-HTTP Front-end in your exchange Organization. There Must be >at Lease on R...

from access 97 to 2003
I am after converting a database, in work, from access 97 to 2003. I am on work experience and i have to get this done soon. In the conversion error table. i got error - 1611: Could not find field 'Description'. I know this might be basic but i am only a student and learning. Please copuld ye help. What does this mean???????? "Eoin" <jtleb@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am after converting a database, in work, from access 97 >to 2003. I am on work experience and i have to get this >done soon. In the conversion error table. i got error - >1611: Could not find...

Exchange Rate on Bank Transfer
Is there a way to modify the exchange rate on a bank transfer in the bank transfer screen? It seems I have to enter the Exchange Rate tables and modify the system wide exchange rate. What if the exchange rate for one transaction is different from that of another (since I have multiple bank accounts)? Adam, You can always change the exchange rate on the foreign currency checkbook whether you are transferring from or to it. If the exchange rate does not exist for the date of the transaction, the system will prompt you for a valid exchange rate depending on whether your exchange rates ar...

Public Folders on Exchange 2003
We ran through the deployment tools and have linked a new Exchange 2003 server to an existing Exchange 5.5 server. We used pfmigrate to create public folder replicas on our target server, the Exchange 2003 server. We have not yet run the command to remove the replicated public folders from our source server (Exchange 5.5 server). Is it true that we would only run this step once we are ready to decommission our Exchange 5.5 server? How do I verify that the folders actually exist on our Exchange 2003 server? The reason I ask is that we are doing backup of our Exchange 2003 server wi...

Problems with calendar in 2003
Until a few days ago, when I chose the Calendar button at the bottom of my navigation pane, my calendar used to appear. Now I only get a list of all the appointments etc I have put in my calendar with headings such as Subject, Location, Start, End, Recurrence Pattern. what have I done wrong and how do I get my calendar to again appear when I click on the Calendar button? TIA Liz J <thejordanschangethistoanatsignclara.net> wrote: > Until a few days ago, when I chose the Calendar button at the bottom > of my navigation pane, my calendar used to appear. Now I only get a &g...

ASP.NET and Exchange on a domain controller
Hi all I am trying to install Exchange 2003 for testing purposes on a Windows 2003 domain controller box. Whenever I get to the point of enabling ASP.NET on IIS Manager it does not appear there even though ASP.NET is installed on the system. I have gone through the Technet Article 315158. It says in the article that the problem has been fixed with the 1.1 >Net framework. As far as I can tell I do have this version of .Net but still have no joy. ANy help would be greatly appreciated Cheers Isaac de Abreu Johannesburg - South Africa ...

Leave copies on server with Exchange 2003
Hi all, I have a user who normally connects to an exchange server in the office, but he likes to connect to his mail box via pop3 on his phone/pda when out and about. The trouble is that the pda downloads his entire mailbox every time and removes them from his inbox on the server, even when 'Leave a copy on the server' is checked. I've tested this in the office using Outlook Express to confirm that this is happening. How can I have the server leave a copy of everything in the exchange mialbox, while sending new items to the device which requests them? Many thanks, Garet...

Exchange 5.5 and SMTP Authentication for IMS
We're using Exchange 5.5 internally. To date, all email has been forwarded to our web hosting company using their IP address (the Forward all messages to host option in the Message Delivery section of the Connections tab in IMS). We're switching hosting companies and the new one requires SMTP authentication. Is there a place to specify those credentials in Exchange 5.5? Is SASL under the Security tab where I would set these? Thanks. ...

Exchange 2003 / Outlook XP How to lock down email format / colour and disable signatures
My boss wants a uniform email look for everyone throughout the organisation, as users are using bizarre colours for email backgrounds, unusual fonts, and their own personal signatures. To create a standard signature for users using information from AD, I believe there are 2 ways: either create an event sink using a VB script (I dont know how to do do this, so I won't be trying); or use a third party application like Exclaimer (BTW is there a good alternative to this - I have a quote for this but it is pretty damn expensive for what it does). To prevent users from using their own signatur...

Old servers showing up in "Create an exchange mailbox" wizard.
Greetings, I have a customer who removed some Exchange 5.5 servers in an usual fashion, and as such I removed them from the ORG by using ADSIEDIT to delete them. The problem is these mailbox servers are still showing up as target options in the create a new mailbox selection wizard. How can I clear these dead and gone servers from this list? The SRS databases and ADC are long gone, and the enviornment is native mode 2003. Also I thought at one point making a server a front-end server made it not show up in this list. I see all their front-end servers in this list, so I am guess my recollectio...

Grace period expired on sbs 2003 to sbs 2008 migration.
I ran my first 2003 to 2008 migration and everything went slowly but smoothly. I didn't quite finish the migration. All I had left was to uninstall exchange 2003 and demote the 2003 server. I got tied up out of town and lost track of this project and now I'm in a situation where the 21 day grace period is expired and I need to finish the migration because the source server is shutting off and taking exchange and the other services with it. Is there anything I can do to finish this project short of a reinstall? Any advice is appreciated greatly! scott <sco...

Not sending emails to groups
Hi, I am having a problem with my new laptop. I have several groups with several diff. emails for different people in diff. cities around the world. Whenever I want to send a email message to -- let's say -- people in NYC, if it is under a certain number of people the message is sent ok, but if it is let's say 40 people, it will be hanging in my outbox and it's NOT sent. I think Microsoft might have added some type of security feature that would unable viruses to send the same email message to my whole list. I might be wrong, but that's the only conclusion I could come u...

Win 2003 SBS and Terminal service
Hi, I installed win 2003 SBS and after that, I can't acess it throught remote desktop( I tried 127.0.0.1 and localhost and pc name), and trying to browser avaialbe terminal server, said no terminal server found. Can someone pls help me? Thanks... SBS2003 does not have Terminal Services for Clients (Like SBS2000 had) However it does allow up to 2 remote RDP Connections for administration only. (I use this in a shadow/training type situation.) When you are Trying to use 127.0.0.1 you are essentially trying to connect to yourself? On the No Terminal Server found comme...

Annualiized Return different between M06 and M04 for groups and totals
I did an upgrade twice from M04 to M06 to verify the following. The group and total Annualized Retun are much higher in M06 vs M04. The calculations The annualized returns for indivual holdings are the same but the account totals and portfolio totals annualized returns are different. Can anyone else confirm this? -- NeverOutofTune ...

Where do I get Visio 2003 electronics template?
On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 13:06:52 -0800, splendidbcpgm <splendidbcpgm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Where do I get Visio 2003 electronics template? Would you like to have a look at my http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ http://www.electrical.sandrila.co.uk/ http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

Removing Gridlinesq
Hello Is there any way I can default Excel to open without the gridlines being shown? Ie. so I don't have to go to Tools, Options every time I open Excel to turn them off. Thanks One way. Open a blank workbook. Use Tools>Options to remove gridlines. Save this workbook as a template called Book in your XLStart directory. Your system may automatically save it in the Microsoft/Templates folder when you select the filetype Template. Use Windows Explorer to move it to the XLStart Folder. Close and re-open excel. All new books should be created based on this template with gridlines...

Access 97 to Access 2003 DataBase conversion 08-30-07
Hi, We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using MUI Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of an ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when using: DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter A selection on a name like "Cot�" will return no record. Asking for "Cote" will return all records including "Cot�". I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find any recommandation at Microsoft. Thanks. "Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com>...

Exchange Tool
getting this error in MSextmx.log when running Version 2 of the tool Please login to profile with admim privilges. Unable find mailbox timezone: error:0x80004005 The user I am logged onto and using OL has full permissions and send as on all the mailboxes in the exchange. Any thoughts, Thank you in advance. sometimes you just have to manually enter the server name and timezone yourself, it should look like this: /O=myorg/OU=my1admingroup/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=sid myserver Mountain Standard Time "WILDPACKET" wrote: > > getting this error in MSextmx.log when running V...

DHCP server behavior
Hi, In Windows server 2003, assume a connection session is in place and the remote host's IP is assigned by a DCHP server. What would happen if the DHCP server wants to assign a new IP to the remote host? Will the connection end? or, Will the server wait till the connection is gracefully ended by the user and then assign a new IP to the remote host? Thanks Yba Hello Yba, The DHCP server never assigns a new address from itself. The client makes the request for a new lease after the half lease time. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provid...

sites and services servers
Hi I recently went into our AD site and services and noticed under servers there are about 4 servers that havent been online for months. Is it safe to just remove/delete them here? Also our licensing server is listing a dead server? Wondering why it never showed anything in event log. This is a 2003 sp2 server in a small domain with 2 other DCs Thanks Shem You need to perform a metadata cleanup. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736378(WS.10).aspx You can follow this article to change the licensing sever http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc...