Remove active directory

Hello everyone!!

I want to remove Active Directory from my exchange 2003 server. Is it
supported? will I lose functionality in Exchange?

Thank you,

Cristina

what exactly do you mean?  you cannot run Exchange 2003 without active
directory...what is it you wish to remove?

"Cristina Boero S." <CristinaBoeroS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B4FF2A45-F114-4C35-9768-47B078B6AC85@microsoft.com...
> Hello everyone!!
>
> I want to remove Active Directory from my exchange 2003 server. Is it
> supported? will I lose functionality in Exchange?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Cristina

0
sconkey (3059)
10/7/2005 9:51:40 PM
Not supported, you will need to uninstall Exchange 2003 first then dcpromo
the server then reinstall Exchange.

Here is good Blog explaining why?

http://blogs.brnets.com/michael/archive/2005/01/24/319.aspx

--
John Oliver, Jr.
MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP

"Cristina Boero S." <CristinaBoeroS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B4FF2A45-F114-4C35-9768-47B078B6AC85@microsoft.com...
> Hello everyone!!
>
> I want to remove Active Directory from my exchange 2003 server. Is it
> supported? will I lose functionality in Exchange?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Cristina

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
10/7/2005 10:07:42 PM
That's right,
Exchange enhances Active Directory and is nothing without it.

What you asked is kind of like removing a car from the sun roof. All you
then have is a sun roof and no car.

heh, I like that one. ;-)

"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> what exactly do you mean?  you cannot run Exchange 2003 without active
> directory...what is it you wish to remove?
>
> "Cristina Boero S." <CristinaBoeroS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:B4FF2A45-F114-4C35-9768-47B078B6AC85@microsoft.com...
>> Hello everyone!!
>>
>> I want to remove Active Directory from my exchange 2003 server. Is it
>> supported? will I lose functionality in Exchange?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Cristina

If you have another DC and GC you could uninstall demote your Exchange 2003
server from being a DC.

Martin Tuip
MVP Exchange

"Cristina Boero S." <CristinaBoeroS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B4FF2A45-F114-4C35-9768-47B078B6AC85@microsoft.com...
> Hello everyone!!
>
> I want to remove Active Directory from my exchange 2003 server. Is it
> supported? will I lose functionality in Exchange?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Cristina

0
mtuip (55)
10/7/2005 11:03:55 PM
That didn't translate well from Dutch, Martin.  Running dcpromo on an
Exchange server is not supported.  You'd have to build a new member server,
install Exchange on it, and move everything to it.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Martin Tuip [MVP]" <mtuip@cdolive.com.nospam> wrote in message
> If you have another DC and GC you could uninstall demote your Exchange
> 2003 server from being a DC.
>
> Martin Tuip
> MVP Exchange
>
> "Cristina Boero S." <CristinaBoeroS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:B4FF2A45-F114-4C35-9768-47B078B6AC85@microsoft.com...
>> Hello everyone!!
>>
>> I want to remove Active Directory from my exchange 2003 server. Is it
>> supported? will I lose functionality in Exchange?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Cristina

0
curspice6401 (3487)

removing email account
Outlook says to click on the account in account settings and then click remove, but there's no "remove." "kim" wrote in message news:68298685-7DFF-41E4-A883-62366724FDF8@microsoft.com... > Outlook says to click on the account in account settings and then > click > remove, but there's no "remove." Then you did not navigate to the correct dialog. Provide EXACTLY how you navigate to whatever window it is where you think there should be a Remove button. Different versions of a program exist because there are different features or changes in...

remove last three characters of cell
Thanks, Access Expert! Your formula works really great! Now, I am trying to use the same formula to remove the last three characters which contain a comma, a space, and one letter (it varies, and a wildcard doesn't seem to work) (e.g. ", J"), how do I modify it to remove the last three characters. I've been playing around with it, but don't know how to specify the letter as a wildcard, if that's even possible. I want to to go from Doe, John, W --> Doe, John Thanks! "AccessExpert" wrote: > Mira, > > You can use a combination of the L...

Save as .csv file removes trailing 00 #2
Hi all. I have a XL sheet with one column containing tekst and values. It is partnumbers. Some of these starts with trailing nulls (the number 0). Like 00AB25 or 00056P-SDF. It is populated from SQL Server 2000 varchar(30) field. When I save as .csv file XL removes the trailing 0's and the partnumber in the csv file changes to AB25 and 56P-SDF. Any ideas how to avoid this? thanx. geir In the raw .csv file the leading nulls are preserved (try opening it with Notepad and you will see), but when Excel reopens the file it converts them to numbers. But only those partnumbers that do n...

Deactivate/Disable User and activities
Hi. Is there any effects on activities (open, scheduled, completed or cancelled) if a user is Disabled/Deactivated? Would other users be able to manage the activities. Thank you. -- Cheers Sue Hi, before disabling your user, you could first assign his open activities to one or more other users before deactivating him "Sue" wrote: > Hi. > > > Is there any effects on activities (open, scheduled, completed or cancelled) > if a user is Disabled/Deactivated? > > Would other users be able to manage the activities. > > Thank you. > > -- &g...

MSMoney 2006 Deluxe
I have exactly the scenario described by KB 913617 [1], but the workaround doesn't work for me. I have three reminders on the home page for "overdue" water bills. When I follow the workaround instructions, and get to step 8, I am unable to edit the series of bills. I click "Edit bill series" and then nothing happens, except the calendar screen refreshes. I have already deleted the recurring bill from the Bills page, and have run out of ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd say, "Thanks!" [1] http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;913617 ...

Removing Unregistered Library
Hi all, I'm currently going round in circles with this one: I have a workbook that has been created in xl 2000 and sends e-mail from outlook. However, when the file is opened and saved in Excel 200 the references to the Outlook v9.0 library change to Outlook v11.0 This would be fine except the file has to run in office 2000, xp an 2003. Help!!! When the file is re-opened in excel 2000 the outlook library doesn' change back from xp to 2000. I have been trying various forms of VBA t remove the reference library link but with no success. I keep gettin error "Object Library Not R...

Activity Roll up
Hi, I was just wondering if the activity roll up within an account includes activities created in custom entities which are related to that account? If not, any ideas on how to do this? Help please.... :( Activity rollup in V3.0 does not support rolling up from custom entities. Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider this feature for a future release. An Issue has been entered into our tracking data base. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserve...

Activation Code for Money 2004 Deluxe
Can anyone get this link to work with either button. I keep getting the page can not be displayed. http://shop.microsoft.com/MoneyUpgrade/PurchaseQuestion.as p?SKU=860- 00211&SKUName=Mohttp://shop.microsoft.com/MoneyUpgrade/Pur chaseQuestion.asp?SKU=860-00211&SKUName=Money%20Deluxe% 202003%20English%20Upgrade%20From%20Money% 20Trial&img=/OMLibrary/images/X0880521frs.jpg Jason, Just use the link without the SKU: http://shop.microsoft.com/MoneyUpgrade/PurchaseQuestion.asp Good Luck! Regards, JB "jasona@arnell-west.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

How to remove invalid e-mail generation rules?
I have a client which I just migrated Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. All of the site addressing generation rules got transferred over from 5.5 into 2003 under recipient policies. There is an invalid entry in there that's causing the RUS service to stall. I would like to know how to remove this entry because the remove button is greyed out?? It seems that the remove button is only available if I custom create a new one. what's more perplexing is the fact that if I try to uncheck the entry then click ok, I get an error of "The specified directory service attribute or val...

Activating Workbooks...
I'm creating a VB macro that needs to activate multiple workbooks that all have a different name. I.E. workbook 1 = 91547.645 workbook 2 = 93284.670 workbook 3 = 91549.680 where the first five characters are the fund number, and the last three characters are the workstation number I don't want the macro to care which workstation the fund is on, and just activate the workbook based on the fund number... I got the workbooks to open using fundnumber & ".*"... but I can't activate or close the workbooks by using the ".*" Anyone know a solution?...

Schedule Recurring Activity: Call
I'm trying to figure out how to set up a recurring call in Workflow. For example: under Account, I have a rule set up to schedule a call XX number of days after it has been assigned. When account is assigned if Account.customertypecode = Customer then Phone Call: &account.name; end if stop Does anyone know how to set up a call so it's get scheduled every XX days automatically? Thanks! Sean Powers ...

Add new activity after the creation of a baseline
Good afternoon. I would like to know how I could manage the following situation in Project 2007: 0. a new project has been created 1. activities for the project have been created 2. a baseline has been traced 3. the customer has posted some new requirements and we want to create new activities in the project without altering the original baseline Solution: We could create a new baseline (baseline 1) to register the planned work hours for the new activities Problem: When we want to calculate enterprise ressources productivity using a project server cube or when we want...

How do I remove the leading 1 from a nine digit telephone #
How do I remove the leading 1 from a nine digit telephone #'s stored in a column in excel. Eg. Get 17035551212 to be 7035551212 Hi one option is to use a "helper" column e.g. if your numbers are in column A, starting on row 1 in B1 type =right(A1,len(A1)-1) (as your phone numbers in the example don't appear to be 9 digits long) then move the cursor over the bottom right of cell B1 and when you see a + double click this will fill the formula down the column. When you're happy with the result select column B and choose copy click on A1 and choose edit / paste specia...

triggering a workflow activity when another workflow is finished
I have a workflow in CRM 4.0 that has 2 steps - the first step runs a child workflow and the second step sends out an email dependent on the first step's results. Unfortunately, the second step starts before the child workflow in the first step is completed - not what I want to do. How do I make the second step wait for the child workflow to finish? On Jan 24, 5:34=A0pm, Laura Bennett <l...@embracepetinsurance.com> wrote: > I have a workflow in CRM 4.0 that has 2 steps - the first step runs a > child workflow and the second step sends out an email dependent on the > first...

How can i change Calendar on the appointment page on activities ??
Dear All, i have a big problem on CRM, as a client wants to change the Gregorian Calendar from all pages of the CRM to Hijri Calendar as example (or any other calendars in the universe) on CRM 1.2. Any FeedBAck is mostly appreciated Best Regards ...

removing password request
When using Outlook 2007 with exchange 2007 is there a way when using RPC over http is there a way to not have to keep entering the password. Even though it says to save the password it keeps asking for it everytime you open up Outlook Ensure that the workstation is a domain member and the user is logged on to the domain. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:A5FAC68B-CF9C-45D4-9E53-6AB645C8C33A@microsoft.com... > When using Outlook 2007 with exchange ...

Removing Excess Digits From Cells
I have two lists of numbers that I'd like to use to join two tables in Access. One list has an extra "Check Digit" at the end. I'd like to know how to remove the "Check Digit". (It may not matter but one of the characters in the list of "numbers" is a letter.) I tried to "Format Cells" by typing in one less ###-##-#### but it did not do anything. Hi Raquel, try using the formula =LEFT(E6;1) for a column next to the list and use E6 for every cell... so you get rid of the last digit. Best Markus >-----Original Message----- >I hav...

scripting removing of unprotected servers
In DPM2007 is it possible to script the removal of unprotected servers. My targets are virtual servers that get recycled quite often. I have automated the process of installing and attaching protection agents on new virtuals but if the servername already on the dpm server my automation fails. Thanks for the help This feature is not available in DPM 2007, but its available in DPM 2010, the script name is Remove-Productionserver.ps1. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "scrites" <scrites@...

Removing Duplicates
XL 2002 SP3, Win XP HE SP1 Follow up to: microsoft.public.excel.misc Hi, what is the BEST way to remove duplicate cells (phone numbers, email addresses, etc.) from a long list in Excel? The duplicates usually would be in 1 column (Column "A: for example) Tx. S Hi Sat, See Chip Pearson's Duplicates page at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Alternatively, consider using the Asvanced filter feature, using the Uniques option. If you are not familiar with Advanced Filter, see Debra Dalgleish's tutorial ay: http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01....

Logged-in user was not found in the Active Directory
Hey all, We just did a fresh install of CRM. Everything installed without errors, but when I try to access CRM via the server name I get a generic "Error - An error has occured. For more information please contact your system administrator." From the CRM server I can access is via localhost without any problems. The error that is logged in the event viewer is: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 10/13/2005 Time: 10:26:27 AM User: N/A Computer: SERVER Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report -----------------------------------...

removing anti virus program from Outlook
I changed from McAfee to Norton, however when starting Outlook the Outlook programs keeps asking for the McAfee dll as it cannot find it. It is very annoying. I deleted all McAfee related files and still. How can I change this? It also happens if I uninstall Norton and reinstall McAfee, Outlook will ask for the Norton file. Michael <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I changed from McAfee to Norton, however when starting > Outlook the Outlook programs keeps asking for the McAfee > dll as it cannot find it. It is very annoying. I deleted > all McAfee related ...

How can I retrieve all activities?
I'm tring to do this using the sdk. I hope it can like this: After I passed a user to the system, it can return all activities according to the user's privileges, just like the "All Activities" view in the raw interface. I tried the CRMActivity.RetrieveByPrincipal method, but it can only "returns all activities owned by the user and all activities for which the user is responsible"(according to the document). Any help is welcome! Thanks in advance! Chris, Look into doing a Query - you won't find a method to retrieve all Activities (same for other objects li...

adding to Add/Remove Programs
How do I add my software to the list of items in the Add/Remove Programs section of the Control Panel? Thank you. Hello, Take a look at this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall -- Elias <anonymous@coolgroups.com> wrote in message news:248cb1cb87443eef7912303218af9081@news.scbiz.com... > How do I add my software to the list of items in the > Add/Remove Programs section of the Control Panel? > > Thank you. Well, you should have a key with your application's name in the Windows registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mi...

Remove current date from an email printout
I'm trying to print a collection of HTML-formatted emails; but when I print I always get the current date on the bottom left hand corner of the printout. I've tried going into the page setup and removing the header/footer, but it still comes out when it's printed. This only occurs on HTML formatted emails - Outlook seems to use a different style when printing plain text. (I get a different option form when setting up plain text than when I'm doing HTML) Anyone know of a way to get rid of that troublesome date at the bottom? It won't go away! I'm using Outlook 2003...

Windows activation message keeps coming up
Hi, A bit of advice really, I have not added or taken away anything on my system but since yesterday each time I start the PC I get the message saying I need to activate Windows. I am running Windows XP home. I don't know if this is a genuine message or if I have had some virus at some time, I have run scans for virus and malware and such but nothing found. Any help much appreciated. Gerald Interesting reading. <http://aumha.org/win5/a/wpa.htm> Phone activation is used to get a local phone number to call and get Vista activated by phone. For more informati...